Holy [censored] we won!!!!!

#62 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

If you saw College Gameday yesterday on ESPN, or in case you missed it, here is the best part:

#63 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Today Joe Paterno announced this is his final season as the head coach of Penn State. He will step down at the end of the season.

Once some more info comes out I will offer my opinion.

#64 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:47 AM

Paterno fired.

#65 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

He owns this [censored]. This went on for years in his house. I say [censored] the old egomaniac bastard.

#66 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have to say I think Penn St did the right thing. Paterno didnt really go out of his way to stop this incident but allowing Sandusky back onto campus was too appalling and frightening. Imagine if it was your kids, or younger relatives that had someone doing that to them. How would you feel? Is it sad that this is how Coach Paterno will be remembered? Yes. But if he stepped up and got the cops involved his termination would never have taken place, and he could have gone out the way he wanted to.

#67 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Big game is Stanford-Oregon tonight. Others:

Penn St-Nebraska
Oklahoma St-Texas Tech
Georgia-Auburn
Michigan-Illinois
Washington-USC
Miami-Florida St (This game used to mean something)
TCU-Boise St

#68 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

Some rivalry games this weekend

Harvard-Yale
LSU-Ole Miss (Better be a blowout)

And some interesting games:

Miss St-Arkansas
Penn St-Ohio St
Kansas St-Texas
USC-Oregon

GO TO HELL OLE MISS!!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

#69 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

It's now a BCMess-Oregon, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St all lose today. The next spoiler is Friday with LSU hosting Arkansas to decide the SEC West. It is going to be a wild week!

#70 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

The big game is Friday-LSU vs Arkansas. I will be there, and I am nervous about this game. Why? Arkansas has a great passing attack, with a QB in Tyler Wilson who reminds me of Danny Wuerffel in his Florida days but with a better arm. We blew it bad last year to these guys & I am not sure LSU has the energy to rise up and TCB. Also LSU has gone with Jordan Jefferson over Jarrett Lee at QB, and I think the offense has lost some effectiveness. Granted we need both QB's but any confidence Jarrett Lee had is not gone IMO. So should LSU lose what happens for the SEC title game? Assuming Bama beats Auburn and yes they should, Alabama moves up to 1st, Arkansas 2nd, LSU drops to maybe 6th. Bama would go to the SEC title game since they beat Arkansas in the head to head matchup.

If LSU wins, they go to Atlanta to play Georgia. That's the only simple thing.

Now should LSU win Friday, and beat Georgia; will they play Alabama again? NO. I believe Virginia Tech will get the nod if they win out and win the ACC (They play Virginia to go to ACC title game this wknd). Also, don't count out Houston possibly making it to the title game. Conference USA has a title game as well, and if Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St, it wouldn't be out of the realm of impossible to place Houston over Bama at 2nd place-especially if Va Tech slips up in ACC title game.

In the Big 10, Wisconsin and Penn St play with the winner playing Michigan St in the 1st ever Big 10 championship Game.

In the Pac 12, does anyone want to win the South? UCLA, Utah and Arizona St could all play Oregon-provided Oregon doesn't slip up in the civil war

In coaching news-Arizona has hired Rich Rodriguez, New Mexico has hired Bob Davie and for some reason Turner Gill is still Kansas' head coach.

And for the 1st time in 41 years the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns are going to a bowl game. Congrats to them & 1st yr HC Mark Hudspeth on one heckuva turnaround!

#71 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Today there is a big college game-the final meeting between Texas-Texas A&M. As you know the Aggies are bound for the SEC & Texas' AD says there is no open date for the Aggies til 2019-maybe. The only drawback to realignment is the end of old rivalries-but the start of new (Texas A&M-Bama) and the renewal of old (Texas A&M-Arkansas). Sad? Yes; but what is to come is going to be exciting & worth seeing for years to come.

#72 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

In Tiger Stadium

Unbelievable! 12-0!

Hell yeah! Geaux Tigers!

#73 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Petrino's actions after the game were disgraceful. Accusing Miles of running up the score is ridiculous. He is still bitter about not getting the job here a while back. Enjoy Orlando you [censored].

#74 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

A couple of coaches are out of jobs-Ron Zook is out at Illinois & Kansas fired Turner Gill. According to several Memphis outlets Larry Porter is gone there as is Dennis Erickson at Arizona St.

If LSU wins over Georgia it looks like a rematch with Alabama. I dont think we win-but I think another team is more deserving over Bama-someone who won their conference for example like Oklahoma St, Virginia Tech or even Houston-of course they all have to win along with LSU on Saturday.

#75 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

LSU is having a great year. Happy for you guys!

I am a UF graduate / current Grad student, so I am a Gator all the way.

Please be kind regarding the current status of our team. We haven't had a decent team (especially the offensive line) in 3 years (even during Tebow's final year).

I think Tebow is a phenomenal Football player. There is no doubt that he has a completely unique style along with different strengths than other QB's, but he knows the game, and knows how to get the job done (even if it is always in the 4th quarter/overtime.

Again, congrats for your great year so far! Looking forward to see how you guys close it out!

Enjoying your topic here as well.

At least we get to represnt the SEC here.

#76 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the kind words Gt!

Of all the opposing players I ever saw in Tiger Stadium, Tim Tebow is by far the best I have ever seen. Great player and a great person. I feel lucky to have seen him in person twice, once happy for me the other heart breaking but thats how it is.

As for Florida-I have to admit I always liked the uniforms-even the Orange jerseys they broke out in the 1980's and a couple times over the last 2 yrs; loved the blue pants as well. I would love to see them break out the blue jerseys and orange pants though-but that's just me. Will do a favorite uniform post soon!

As far as Muschamp-don't fret, he will get it turned around. When he was at LSU he coached my brother at the Summer football camp there and when we played them earlier this year I didn't yell Tiger Bait or boo-nobody in my section did either. This year is tough-switching from a spread to a pro-style offense takes a couple of years to adjust. But Florida always recruits well.

Coaching News-Washington St fired Paul Wulff yesterday and hired Mike Leach today.

Championship Saturday this weekend!

LSU-Georgia (SEC)
Virginia Tech-Clemson (ACC)
Wisconsin-Michigan St (Big 10)
Oregon-UCLA (Pac 12)

Oklahoma-Oklahoma St to decide the Big XII

#77 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Might as well do my favorite uniforms now; excludes LSU

SEC-Alabama, Florida, Georgia

ACC-Florida St

Big 10-Michigan, Penn St, Iowa

Pac 12-USC, UCLA

Big XII-Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa St, Baylor

Big East-Pitt, Syracuse

BYU's uniforms (like the 1980's lighter blue better)

Only Nike Pro Combat uniform I liked was Boise State's in the Georgia game earlier this year. And the gloves LSU wore for the Auburn game, that was cool. Army-Navy pro combats look cool too.

Now for the dislikes:

SEC-Kentucky (Black? WTF? Your colors are blue and white, and I like it better that way), Arkansas (messed with a classic)

ACC-Miami-never should have ditched the 1980's style uniforms. Program hasn't been the same since. Maryland-tragic. I liked the old ones better.

Big 10-None really

Big XII-Oklahoma St-stick to black and orange please

Pac 12-Oregon-your colors are green and yellow. Not black. Or grey. Or whatever hideous combo ya'll wear. But I liked what they wore this past weekend-all green.

Or any other uniforms that have colors that are not school colors. All yellow uniforms (Cal, West Virginia, any SWAC school).

#78 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Thank you for the kind words regarding Florida and Tebow. Good luck this weekend against Georgia! I know you guys will kill them. After you win the SEC, I look forward to that next game you'll be playing.

I agree on your uniform likes and dislikes. Of the dislikes, Oregon and Maryland are certainly my least favorites of the bunch.

#79 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Now we have 11! In 2011 no Les! Enough with the puns, LSU is in the title game-officially. No late night hand wringing or score watching. Oklahoma St is making a case to join LSU over Bama for now-if they maintain a lead.

Robert Griffin III has the Heisman IMO. His performance today was highly impressive, but joining him in NYC is Trent Richardson & Tyrann Mathieu (Honey Badger don't care-he tokes what he wants LOL!).

Arkansas OC Garrick McGee is UAB's new head football coach.

Pac 12 title game is a dud-Big 10 has a great one going. Whoever wins this one mauls Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

Next week is my game of the year: Army-Navy. This is the last game for the Seniors on both sides as neither team goes bowling. If you don't tear up as they sing their fight songs at the end you either never played the game or not human. Our best will go on to defend us by going head on into danger, and these players are just that-our very best.

#80 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Congratulations to LSU on the SEC Championship. You had me scared there for a minute.

#81 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

SDSU wins at the last minute! ...Again. That Aztec defense needs to pick up their first half slack.

#82 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image

#83 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

It's official-for the 6th straight year the SEC will be the National Champion.

Allstate BCS National Championship Game: LSU vs Alabama
Jan 9th Mercedes-Benz Superdome

More on the other matchups in a few days.

#84 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

Looks like Charlie Weis is leaving Florida to take over as the new HC at Kansas; Texas A&M is looking to Bama Dc Kirby Smart; and Gus Malzahn can't seem to get a HC job.

#85 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

Hitler doesn't like the BCS either:

#86 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Only one thing to say today: Beat Navy!

#87 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Army-Navy is always my favorite game, glad it was close but I feel for the Black Knights Major Tallon. The end of the game still gets me teary-eyed. I assume you are in the military so please accept my salute & sincere thanks to you & all men & women in the Armed Forces. Truly our Nation's Finest.

No surprise to me RG3 won the Heisman-congrats to him & Baylor!

Kevin Sumlin will usher the Texas A&M Aggies into the SEC.

#88 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Thanks, hcmv007. I'm a retired Army officer, with a few connections to the present military. I share your admiration for the men and women serving in our armed forces today, whose courage and professionalism are truly awe-inspiring.

The football game was a good one, despite the outcome, but as someone who's survived many a season watching the Chicago Cubs play baseball, I'm an authority on saying, "Wait 'til next year!"

#89 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

It wasn't that long ago LSU was in the same boat of helplessness as the Cubs. From 1989-1994 we did not have a winning season. From 1980-1999 we had only 9 winning seasons. I'm sure the Cubs will win one in the future-if the Red Sox win a couple, the Saints win a Super Bowl then the Cubs can win a World Series!

Bowl Previews for BCS & Predictions coming tomorrow

#90 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I think i'm looking forward to the Outback Bowl & Cotton Bowl the most and pulling for Michigan State and Arkansas respectively.