119 replies to this topic

#31 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

SDSU is undefeated and going to Michigan next week, I believe. Hoke is a joke!

Sorry, honey. I know you guys will put up a good fight, and it will be a great game, but we got this. Brady built the team, but you haven't had time to expand on it. And he knows how to use what he's got here.

#32 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

I love pregame discussions! San Diego St vs Michigan is one of the more interesting games this weekend!

Meanwhile LSU is gearing up for West Virginia which is the primetime ABC game this Saturday night. I think this is where we can slip up; WVU may have looked ahead to LSU against Maryland, but still won the game. LSU meanwhile settles for FG's and that will not help them-I believe LSU's offense can lose this game for them.

Looks like the Pac 12 could invite Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech & Texas-with the Longhorn Network. While I believe the Longhorn Network could doom the Pac 12 as well, this would void the TV deals signed last year by the Pac 12, and so I think for now the vote will be no admittance-yet. In other news, UConn could be the 15th ACC team, and I guess Louisville could be 16th. Imagine not only football but the most dominant basketball conference in the NCAA. It looks like this will happen in 27 months so by 2014 (Unless the Apocalypse happens) this will be a go. Big XII's future decided TODAY.

#33 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

SDSU is undefeated and going to Michigan next week, I believe. Hoke is a joke!

Sorry, honey. I know you guys will put up a good fight, and it will be a great game, but we got this. Brady built the team, but you haven't had time to expand on it. And he knows how to use what he's got here.

Yeah, well, we'll see what happens when you turn on the TV and see a party on Montezuma Mesa.

#34 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Michigan seems to be handling San Diego St, Georgia is pounding Ole Miss, LSU gears up for a HUGE game against West Virginia. But the big game of the day-not Okie St & Texas A&M but Duke vs Tulane in the Your Future Boss Bowl

#35 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

Texas A&M to join the SEC in all sports in 2012.

LSU is tops in the AP but tied for 2nd with Bama in the Coach's poll. Oklahoma tops Coach's poll. I would rather be #1 on January 10th though.

#36 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Officially, Nebraska plays its 1st ever Big 10 game as they match up with Wisconsin. LSU hosts Kentucky at 11:30 (Overdue for this but damn! Why not Ole Miss on the road and not for a home game huh SEC Network?). Have a great football weekend!

#37 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

Red River shootout this wknd; LSU plays Florida led by their backup QB on CBS. Nebraska hopes for redemption vs Ohio St-who is also seeking redemption. Wisconsin & Bama could be heading for a showdown in NO-thats my choice now at least for the BCS title game anyway.

#38 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Homecoming here at State this week...Beat TCU!

#39 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

Go Aztecs!

#40 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Big games today:

Oklahoma vs Texas-the annnual game at the Old Cotton Bowl.

LSU vs Florida-a true freshman will start for Florida. On CBS at 2:30 central time. Dat's a big gator! Choot Em! (Can't resist a Swamp People shotout to Troy Landry on this one. Hope he's gonna be here for the game)

San Diego St vs TCU-Aztecs can make a statement with a big win. Have fun elizabeth!

In realignment news TCU will not join the Big East, which looks dead unless Notre Dame joins in football, but will join the Big XII. Missouri will join the SEC once something can get worked out with a couple SEC presidents & the Big XII. I think BYU will replace Missouri.

#41 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

Outstanding win for the Irish today;
Kelly looks like he's getting things right....

#42 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

And the 1st coaching casualty of 2011 is...Mike Stoops at Arizona. Let the Urban Meyer sweepstakes begin!

#43 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

If South Carolina is to repeat as SEC East champs they will do it without Stephen Garcia who lost his job as the starter & now lost his ride. He has been dismissed after failing a random drug test. Dumbass.

#44 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Here's hoping that the Badgers can do some moving and make it even higher then #4

#45 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

They will. LSU & Bama play Nov 5th so the loser of that game will drop. While I love LSU I think we drop to them & Arkansas so Wisconsin moves up.

I feel its Wisconsin vs Alabama in title game. Big Game Bob finds ways to choke at Oklahoma.

#46 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

What the hell happened Saturday?

#47 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

What the hell happened Saturday?

I was drunk and in a bad mood. Sorry babe.

Anyway, the most impressive matchup this week is Texas vs Okie St. Oregon and Arizona St is a close 2nd, and LSU better not repeat what happened the last time they went to Knoxville ranked #1 (They lost 14-13 going for 2 on the final play of game in 1959).

In 2013 the Mountain West and Conference USA will merge into a 22 team Megatron Conference. I am not looking forward to doing that review so I hope Jesus does come back in 2012.

#48 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

By now all should know LSU has suspended 3 players-Therold Simon, Spencer Ware & Tyrann 'Honey Badger' Mathieu-for the Auburn game. Les Miles would not acknowledge its for a failed drug test for synthetic marijuana, but only that its an internal matter. So yeah that means in Milesspeak its the truth. [censored]ing idiots. If they miss the Bama game I am so betting a mint on Bama.

Big games this weekend are hedlined by Michigan St-Wisconsin & Notre Dame-USC. Bama should roll Tennessee & LSU should (damn well better) beat Auburn to set up a 2 week pregame.

#49 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Our turn with the Nike Pro Combat uniforms today. I would like it better if we had the helmets & pants in gold instead of all white.

Still better than Georgia & Michigan St looking like the red & green power rangers.

#50 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Still better than Georgia & Michigan St looking like the red & green power rangers.

Didn't see Georgia, but God, State looked hideous! It wasn't bad enough losing to them; we got beat by that? I hope we don't get uniforms like that. On the plus side, if they do, any major change in helmet design is doomed to failure.

#51 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

Yeah we beat that @$$!

#52 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

A couple of great games last night-Michigan St wins on a hail mary at the end-but Badger fans don't feel down-you could get revenge on Sparty in the Big 10 Championship game. If Wisconsin wins out & beats Sparty-the BCS title game is possible.

And remember I posted it here first-Oklahoma would have 1 loss-and got beat by Texas Tech last night. Oklahoma St is the Big XII's only national title hope. Who loves this most? Boise St as they can move up by default.

Let the 2 week pregame for Alabama-LSU game begin!

A couple of great games last night-Michigan St wins on a hail mary at the end-but Badger fans don't feel down-you could get revenge on Sparty in the Big 10 Championship game. If Wisconsin wins out & beats Sparty-the BCS title game is possible.

And remember I posted it here first-Oklahoma would have 1 loss-and got beat by Texas Tech last night. Oklahoma St is the Big XII's only national title hope. Who loves this most? Boise St as they can move up by default.

Let the 2 week pregame for Alabama-LSU game begin!

#53 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

The Alabama-LSU game is a prime time CBS game Sat Nov 5th @ 7 PM Central time. Got my heart pills ready.

Also apologies to the Pac 12-you guys get a lot of my attention this week.

#54 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Interesting facts about the Alabama-LSU series that are strangely true:

-The road team has the better record in series, Bama has the overall edge in the wins

-This is only the 2nd time a top ranked team has come to Tuscaloosa, the 1st time was Oklahoma in 2003

-Alabama never beaten LSU in a night home game in Tuscaloosa (last played LSU at night in 1986)

-LSU has not won a night time CBS game on the road

#55 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

I know its a week away, but here is the breakdown on the matchups from the upcoming Alabama-LSU game:

Bama O-Line vs LSU D-Line; push
Bama RB's vs LSU LB's; adv Bama
Bama WR's vs LSU DB's; adv LSU
Bama offense depth vs LSU defensive depth; advantage LSU

LSU O-Line vs Bama D-Line; push
LSU RB's vs Bama LB's; adv Bama
LSU WR's vs Bama DB's; push
LSU offensive depth vs Bama defensive depth; adv LSU (very slim though)

Special Teams: adv LSU
Intangibles: adv Bama
Coaching: push

Prediction: As you can see this is a game in which both teams are evenly matched. But if you are a road team in Tuscaloosa you have to go against the officials as well. Alabama 20 LSU 14

#56 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Big game In Pac 12:

USC vs Stanford

Other interesting games:

Washington St vs Oregon
Cal vs UCLA
Arizona St vs Colorado
Arizona vs Washington

Oklahoma vs Kansas St
Baylor vs Oklahoma St

Also it looks like West Virginia will be in the Big XII, when they will join will be determined soon. Missouri should be in the SEC by 2013 (Around when WVU will replace them).

#57 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

Just 5 days away....Alabama-LSU

#58 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

Just under 48 hours away from Alabama-LSU......the only question is will I have a heart attack before, during, or after the game?

#59 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Gameday!

Big day today! Other big games besides 'The Super Bowl of the South' are:

Arkansas vs S Carolina
Oregon vs Washington
Texas A&M vs Oklahoma
Kansas St vs Oklahoma St

LSU kiss of death-Lou Holtz picked them to win.

#60 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

Inept=LSU