74 replies to this topic

#61 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Smudge76, I send a PM to you about your question.
Feel free to post it here.

Posted Image

Nicely played sir. Thanks for all you do. It's greatly appreciated.

#62 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

The plane is a Rafale by Dassault. The Typhoon is its direct competitor.

I stand corrected. My apologies. Looks like I need to brush up on my French aircraft... Try to stay out of the Martin Baker Fan Club, sir.

Edited by Binyamin, 15 February 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#63 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Richard i owe you a public apology aswell. So a big Sorry bud.
Included a pic of beautiful helmand and myself.

Attached Files

Edited by smudge76, 15 February 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#64 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Welcome to CBn Mr. Henderson!

#65 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

Richard i owe you a public apology aswell. So a big Sorry bud.
Included a pic of beautiful helmand and myself.

G19?

Edited by Binyamin, 15 February 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#66 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

Smudge76, I send a PM to you about your question.
Feel free to post it here.

Posted Image

I'm not sure I understand... Do you really mean it's you on this picture?
My, this is not any Rafale pilot, it's a star!

#67 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Very interesting topic I must say. Been through some of the posts and have enjoyed them thoroughly.

What I can add to it, if you don’t mind and I don't bore you to death, is this: As a soldier myself with 22 years behind me, my training has always focused mainly on cardiorespiratory endurance (aerobic fitness), muscular strength and endurance and body composition.

You know - Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, climbing ropes, lifting weights, swimming etc etc.

One of the key elements in being effective though is to always be ready, both physically and mentally, in order to operate in many different environments and situations.

Our Physical Fitness training program therefore has to touch specifically into these areas. Long distance running, sprints, cliff climbing, abseiling, swimming, rope climbing and a number of endurance marches fit into it a lot.

But, and there's a big but, at the end of the day, commitment is what it takes and when you get tired and want to stop and pack everything in where training hard is concerned then that is when you have to force yourself harder to carry on.

Anyway, you probably don't need to hear me say that.

Binyamin, great physic I must say. Good job on the training mate so keep it up.

So, to sum it all up (It’s now Sunday morning here and I have had over two bottles of Driller’s Fine Port poured down my throat so I hope this sounds all right) I duly confirm with the utmost of authority (I’m a Regimental Sergeant Major who doesn’t give a [censored] who knows I’m a Bond fan) that what SMUDGE 76 and BINYAMIN wrote is absolutely true and are the main focal points of a professional training program!

Now I’m off to bed!

#68 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

I did a search and here is the original "James Bond Workout" post I wrote several years ago:

http://debrief.comma...post__p__594572

This workout, with the added resistance of some bricks in a backpack, is what I used to get into the shape I've shown in my pictures. Hopefully somebody finds it useful.

Edited by Binyamin, 20 February 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#69 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

Very interesting topic I must say. Been through some of the posts and have enjoyed them thoroughly.

What I can add to it, if you don’t mind and I don't bore you to death, is this: As a soldier myself with 22 years behind me, my training has always focused mainly on cardiorespiratory endurance (aerobic fitness), muscular strength and endurance and body composition.

You know - Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, climbing ropes, lifting weights, swimming etc etc.

One of the key elements in being effective though is to always be ready, both physically and mentally, in order to operate in many different environments and situations.

Our Physical Fitness training program therefore has to touch specifically into these areas. Long distance running, sprints, cliff climbing, abseiling, swimming, rope climbing and a number of endurance marches fit into it a lot.

But, and there's a big but, at the end of the day, commitment is what it takes and when you get tired and want to stop and pack everything in where training hard is concerned then that is when you have to force yourself harder to carry on.

Anyway, you probably don't need to hear me say that.

Binyamin, great physic I must say. Good job on the training mate so keep it up.

So, to sum it all up (It’s now Sunday morning here and I have had over two bottles of Driller’s Fine Port poured down my throat so I hope this sounds all right) I duly confirm with the utmost of authority (I’m a Regimental Sergeant Major who doesn’t give a [censored] who knows I’m a Bond fan) that what SMUDGE 76 and BINYAMIN wrote is absolutely true and are the main focal points of a professional training program!

Now I’m off to bed!

Well said Harry and that cheque is in the post along with 1 x bottle of jamesons whisky............Very true what you say though.

#70 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

Binyamin - Congralutions on your physique young man, you obviously work very hard, good for you. I hope you don't mind me saying so. :)

I don't understand why other posters seem to having a pop at you.......jealousy perhaps?

Thank you, Goodnight. ;)

Love is in the air !

I was just congratulating him, that was all.

I am slightly alarmed at the number of men on here that claim to be in or have been in the military, I would like to think that most people on here are honest and aren't desperate to impress others by making up wild lies. I am not accusing anybody of anything, but there are alot of little boys on the net that enjoy engaging in 'Nerd Wars' and will say absolutely anything to impress others.

I hope this makes sense :).

#71 Arbogast777

Arbogast777

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

In looking at Binyamin's original post I realized that my routine is very similar (and would love your input on it). I do a superset but built it around doing 3 exercises each for arms, abs, and legs. My weekly routine is this:

Monday:
Crunches
Steps ups (not as good as a jump up?)
Dips
Plank
Lunges
Chin ups/pull ups
Leg lifts
Jump rope
Elevated push ups (both with hands out and closer together)
***Repeat 3 times then follow with protein shake

Tuesday:
Run 3 miles

Wednesday:
Repeat superset

Thursday:
Run 3 miles

Friday:
Repeat superset

Saturday and Sunday:
REST!

I'm not as worried about cardio as I work a job where I basically don't stop moving for 8 hours. I used to lift weights but found I was hurting myself too much, in both my back and neck. I gained more mass by doing that but really don't feel I lost out on too much by just sticking with supersets.

#72 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Binyamin - Congralutions on your physique young man, you obviously work very hard, good for you. I hope you don't mind me saying so. :)

I don't understand why other posters seem to having a pop at you.......jealousy perhaps?

Thank you, Goodnight. ;)

Love is in the air !

I was just congratulating him, that was all.

I am slightly alarmed at the number of men on here that claim to be in or have been in the military, I would like to think that most people on here are honest and aren't desperate to impress others by making up wild lies. I am not accusing anybody of anything, but there are alot of little boys on the net that enjoy engaging in 'Nerd Wars' and will say absolutely anything to impress others.

I hope this makes sense :).

Goodnight not sure what you are getting at. I am ex military i would assume there would no issue with that. I have this habit of not making rubbish up so not sure who your post is related at.I do not say anything to impress anyone and to be honest not really seen much that on here. Who are you addressing this at ?

#73 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Goodnight not sure what you are getting at. I am ex military i would assume there would no issue with that. I have this habit of not making rubbish up so not sure who your post is related at.I do not say anything to impress anyone and to be honest not really seen much that on here. Who are you addressing this at ?

Okay so I went off topic, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular (I did put "I'm not accusing anyone"), seeing as I know nothing about any of you. I have no issue at all with anybody being/ have been in the miltary, is it a path I wish to take up soon myself. :)

Like I said it wasn't personal (at anyone) I don't know any of you and would never claim to. It was a bit daft, aswell as being completely off topic. My bad. :tdown:

Can we be cool, now I have apologised? B) :)

#74 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Goodnight,

You did not say anything out of line -- however I am wondering if perhaps the country differences are what prompted your post regarding men claiming to have been in the military. In the U.S., EVERYBODY knows somebody who is current or former military. It's just a matter of numbers. So, it is fairly common for people to have pictures from the service on Facebook, boards, etc.

I'm thinking maybe running into people who talk about and have pictures of military service is more rare in the U.K.? Or am I reading too much into it?

Edited by Binyamin, 08 March 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#75 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

I know several people personally that are either in the armed forces right now, or have been in them. Four of them were mates from college).

Like I said my post was daft. I am aware that there are people on the internet (in general) that do lie, although like I said, my post was not aimed at any individual, I realise that, that is how it came across. Sorry.