74 replies to this topic

#1 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

I was reading through the old Daniel Craig workout thread from back in 07 and noticed several people saying they were going to attempt it. How did people find it ? I know a lot of people have tried the supposed Daniel Craig workout and 300 workout with mixed results. I do know from a pal that the so called Daniel Craig workout that did the rounds on the net is not entirely correct, as DC was following a strict programme of HIT sessions and then supersets and split body parts with Heavy weights as he got nearer the filming date as he needed to bulk up quick (DC was very very lean before approx 6 months before filming). However curious if anyone just stuck to that programme for a set time period ?

#2 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

About 6 months in and sticking to it and it's a great base workout. I'm in the shape of my life but I've thrown a lot more cardio into it. Ending up with a more QoS look than CR look. Just like all workouts, know what you want and where to work your body. I'm looking at joining the army after my college studies so I've started deviating from the workout a little to prep myself for that. Highly suggest it for a start to a workout. Remember that Craig never had really been out of shape. Depending what one's physical fitness, the workout might not be the best starting point for someone out of shape.

#3 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

The thing to keep in mind about acquiring a physique like Craig is that it is not all about the workout. It is 90% proper diet.

#4 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

About 6 months in and sticking to it and it's a great base workout. I'm in the shape of my life but I've thrown a lot more cardio into it. Ending up with a more QoS look than CR look. Just like all workouts, know what you want and where to work your body. I'm looking at joining the army after my college studies so I've started deviating from the workout a little to prep myself for that. Highly suggest it for a start to a workout. Remember that Craig never had really been out of shape. Depending what one's physical fitness, the workout might not be the best starting point for someone out of shape.

Thinking joining Army good lad, take it your British ? Who you thinking joining ? If you decide to do it then goodluck to you. Just work hard and do your prep before hand. If you decide to go Reg (Para Reg) i suggest running but mix it with interval work,long distance to get your feet used to the pounding. One tip i got before P Company was always look after your feet because thats what gets you from a to b, very true.
It interesting to note its working the CR routine, i train split body parts always have done weather i am doing HIT training or Heavy depends on routine, but i only do same routine now for 5 a max of 5 weeks now before changing it so body does not get to used to it. If i'm Boxing then i come off Heavy weights totally and just power sessions 4 weeks before fight.Been doing weights seriously since 2005 so try to mix it these days. Never neglect cardio though and as one poster says diet is the key. Hope rountine works for you.

#5 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

American actually. Weighing several options in Army placement. I'm a marathon runner also so the running is second nature but I agree, the diet will change everything.

Edited by Chief of SIS, 07 February 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#6 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

I was reading through the old Daniel Craig workout thread from back in 07 and noticed several people saying they were going to attempt it.

You wouldn't happen to be discussing the thread I wrote back in 07 , are you? That workout works. Trust me.

Edited by Binyamin, 07 February 2011 - 04:46 AM.

#7 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

I was reading through the old Daniel Craig workout thread from back in 07 and noticed several people saying they were going to attempt it.

You wouldn't happen to be discussing the thread I wrote back in 07 , are you? That workout works. Trust me.

Yeah, how did you find it

#8 Liparus

Liparus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Look here : http://flemingbond.b...et-program.html

#9 Doctor Whom

Doctor Whom

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

I've used it, and I quite like it. But then, it was pretty close to what I've always done. I'm not as strict about the diet, though.

#10 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Well, I'm eating Nutella right now, so...yeah. But I am going to the gym more often.

#11 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

Lillet, Italian cuisine and cigars for me. Plus that traditional french "kings' cake" every other day in January. Do you think that'll work? :P

#12 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

Lillet, Italian cuisine and cigars for me. Plus that traditional french "kings' cake" every other day in January. Do you think that'll work? :P

That's the Connery Hairy Chest Diet, not the Daniel Craig Workout :P

#13 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

With apologies for the gratuitous shirtlessnes....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

...the workout works. Just stay motivated and get serious about what you eat.

#14 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image
...the workout works. Just stay motivated and get serious about what you eat.

My gosh !! :o ...Where can I find... a shirt like yours ?
Tonight I'm motivate for some lasagne and a glass of italian red vine...

:D

(Of course, I'm jealous...)

Edited by Achille Aubergine, 08 February 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#15 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Good work Binyamin!

Tell me a little about your diet, do you log everything you eat into a program like Fitday? You look about 8% BF?

I am a bit of a gym rat myself but have never done the Craig workout. I used to count calories but lost patience with it. I currently am at about 13-14% BF (not too bad for a 42 year old guy). Although I eat pretty clean most of the time, diet is my big hindrance (as I work in the wine business, I'm around alot of food and wine).

#16 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Thanks guys. Wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just showing some real-life results.

Jaguar, I do not track or log what I eat -- that was too tedious. Instead I try to follow principles, and not stress over every single calorie. It's the same for the workouts, also. I used to write down every workout result, but it gets old and it is better to just be honest with yourself and hold yourself accountable. You know when you didn't go as hard as you should have, no need to track every tiny detail.

For diet, it's very protein focused. I believe most people eat FAR too many carbs. Here are a few examples of typical food off the top of my head: Scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs during the day. Boneless chicken. Chili. Almonds and peanuts. Peanut butter. Steak.

I use a few basic supplements also. Daily multivitamin. Protein powder with milk. Creatine after workouts.

Sweets, sugar, and junk carbs will destroy your progress. But, with protein foods like eggs, sausage, and steak, you get to eat well like a "real man" and still make progress. Win-win.

#17 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sounds like you eat similar to myself. I try to avoid sugar as much as possible. I eat granola with greek yougut usually for breakfast and eggs (I'm now on egg whites because my cholesterol is high) in the AM after I get back from the gym. I usually eat cottage cheese(slow digesting protein) before bed. I also supplement with whey, BCAAs creatine and fish oil. I'm nowhere as ripped as you are. If I had to compare my physique to a Bond, it would be Connery circa FRWL with a little bit more definition (proportionate to my 5'10 frame).

Do you have a link to the DC workout?

Maybe this should become the CBn fitness thread.

Binyamin, do you mind if I ask how old you are and how long you have been working out?

#18 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Binyamin, do you mind if I ask how old you are and how long you have been working out?

I'm 24, Jag. I've been working out for the last three years or so, although I've gone back and forth between focused and lazy a few times. Pretty focused and motivated right now though.

#19 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'm not at all into fitness, guys, and I ask in earnest: isn't creatine a dangerous product? I believe it's forbidden and considered a doping substance at least in certain rugby leagues (at least in europe), which I assumed to mean it may have bad effects on one's health.

PS: Binyamin, wow!

#20 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'm not at all into fitness, guys, and I ask in earnest: isn't creatine a dangerous product? I believe it's forbidden and considered a doping substance at least in certain rugby leagues (at least in europe), which I guess means it may have bad effects on one's health.

No, creatine is found to be very safe, it is an amino acid that is found naturally in most meats. From what I understand, creatine is a very common supplement for Rugby players to use. The main thing one has to remember to do when taking creatine i drink lots of water.

There are quite a few "supplements" that are banned by many sport organizations, but usually creatine is not one of them.

#21 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'm not at all into fitness, guys, and I ask in earnest: isn't creatine a dangerous product? I believe it's forbidden and considered a doping substance at least in certain rugby leagues (at least in europe), which I guess means it may have bad effects on one's health.

Creatine is not an illegal substance and i have never heard of it been banned within any sport. Many top rate boxers in uk use it people such as Ricky Hatton, Haye, and many others to name a few. Plus Brit mil have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drugs in armed forces and you can by Maximuscle products in most naafis including EFIs in Afghan, creatine is a product sold by maximuscle. I do not know of any european rugby leagues have banned it. In regards to research i know it is not conclusive but it does not compare to many anabolic steroids when it comes to danger. Use it how you should then no problems. No it is relatively safe if used properly, in regards to it been banned i have never heard of it in any sport i play or in armed forces as its not doping its a supplement.

#22 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

I just googled it and discovered that creatine is banned in France Ruby teams. That seems to be about it.

#23 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

Yep MkB, I'm with the others: I did some research before getting into creatine and I believe it is safe. As Jaguar said, creatine is found naturally in red meat. It would be almost impossible to test for if it were illegal. Somebody could just eat a huge amount of steak and have high creatine levels.

Creatine for some reason is commonly associated with steroids. I have no idea why that is.

#24 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

I just googled it and discovered that creatine is banned in France Ruby teams. That seems to be about it.

There has been arguments on other internet forums about it been banned in France but i was in France last year and brought Creatine Monohydrate capsules over counter and they had loads products there. However on internet i have seen it as been banned but i definatly brought it there.It is banned in French Rugby Union team and has done for years.Not sure why because no other nation has taken suit and IOC has not banned it either.Problem is its a naturally found in the body. So to test someone for it would be a major problem.Levels which are found in body can be mixed aswell so very grey area. See no reason to ban it and like i stated earlier the British Armed forces along with most of our allies have no issue with the use.No sport in UK or USA has issue either and FIFA,IOC< and other sports governing bodies have no issue except the french.

#25 Cane

Cane

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Does it not bloat you

#26 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Does it not bloat you

Yes, it can cause water retention but it is pretty minor.

#27 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

These protein shakes: what's likely to be the effect on one's body and one's training if one were to use them on a daily or very regular basis for a few months or years and then stop? I'm not suggesting that they're addictive, as such, but wouldn't one be - in effect - the equivalent of a couple of meals per day down if one stopped taking them? Is one more or less locked into taking them for life?

#28 Liparus

Liparus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

"Charming sport..." :|

Posted Image

#29 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

These protein shakes: what's likely to be the effect on one's body and one's training if one were to use them on a daily or very regular basis for a few months or years and then stop? I'm not suggesting that they're addictive, as such, but wouldn't one be - in effect - the equivalent of a couple of meals per day down if one stopped taking them? Is one more or less locked into taking them for life?

I don't understand this. It's whey protein, in powder form. If you stop taking them and are hungry, eat something else. If you eat two servings of cottage cheese for a year and then stop eating cottage cheese.... nothing happens. Why would a protein shake be any different?

Re: Liparus: That grotesque exaggeration of muscle isn't the goal of the fitness that's being discussed here, so I'm not sure what your point is honestly. That's a bit like posting a picture of a 70-pound anorexic and implying that nobody should ever diet. Functional, healthy fitness is the goal here.

Edited by Binyamin, 10 February 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#30 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

To add to what Binyamin said, the most common time to drink a whey protein shake is right after a workout. During a workout you tear your muscle fibers and your body needs an influx of protein to repair and grow the torn muscles. Whey protein is fast digesting so it hits the muscle fibers faster then eating a meal to help speed recovery.