772 replies to this topic

#211 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

I could see that being something that could be worked into the heist sequence. Part of the sequence could be focused on Bond acquiring the "chop" and then working his way down into the vault to access the intelligence. In terms of complexity, I'd like to see the scene be on par with something you might see in the Ocean's 11 films (in terms of the "how did they pull that off" kind of thing regarding the level of difficulty of the heist), but at the same time I definitely think that, as opposed to how those heists went down in those films, that Bond should definitely put his licence to kill to work in the scene (Craig needs a good sneaking scene where he's armed with just a silenced pistol, and I think that this could provide that for him).

Agreed on the Ocean's 11 comparison for the heist.

Just to make sure that we've got all of the parts cast:

Daniel Craig............James Bond
Katheryn Winnick........Tatiana Romanova
Tilda Swinton...........Rosa Klebb
Jesper Christensen......Mr. White / Kronsteen
Charles Mesure .........Donovan "Red" Grant
Pedro Armandariz, Jr....Kerim Bey
Peter Serafinowicz......Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Plus - Moneypenny as 'Our Girl in Moscow'. She could be involved in the heist in some manner - perhaps (given we're probably not using Istanbul outside of the pretitle sequence and there's been desire to use Kerim Bey) we could have Kerim Bey being the Head of Station in Moscow, under the guise of being the Director of Operations, Universal Exports: Russian Division, perhaps: with Moneypenny being his secretary.

This would give us two extra figures to use in the heist (in addition to Bond and, potentially, Tatiana). At the end of the film, if we've set up M complaining about the amount of paperwork that's not being done due to the absence of her secretary, we could have Bond call in a favour and get 'Penny transferred from Moscow. It would also give us a secondary girl (who, unlike Solange and Fields, would survive) that Bond could have a one night stand with, as Lois Maxwell once suggested had happened between Bond and 'Penny.

I'm not sure who I'd suggest for the role (I've got 'Penny in my own upcoming fanfiction, played by Kelly Adams, but I'd prefer to pick someone different for this project) but, perhaps, someone like Jaime Murray would be interesting in the role. She's known on both sides of the Atlantic (she was in Hustle in the UK, Dexter, Warehouse 13 and the Spartacus prequel, 'Gods of the Arena', in the USA) and could play the role very well against Daniel Craig (ironically, she played the predecessor to Kelly Adams' character in Hustle).

#212 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

I don't think that there's anyone else left to cast if I'm not mistaken, unless we wanted to fill the parts of the gypsies if we were going to keep that part in the film.

Are we having a 'Head of Quantum' character, like the way they used Blofeld in the original FRWL? (though presumably a bit more visible if we see him die at the end).

#213 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

I don't think that there's anyone else left to cast if I'm not mistaken, unless we wanted to fill the parts of the gypsies if we were going to keep that part in the film.

Are we having a 'Head of Quantum' character, like the way they used Blofeld in the original FRWL? (though presumably a bit more visible if we see him die at the end).

I did like tdalton's character of having it more like a council with no discernible head of operations - thus why the organisation continues to function even when two senior figures have been eliminated. I don't think we'd need to see a voting sequence at any point in the movie, outside the beginning where Blofeld tries to discourage the other council members from supporting Klebb's plan.

At the end of the movie, with Klebb (and Kronsteen) dead, he just needs to assasinate Mr White in order for his supporters to have a majority out of the senior figures (and, if not, he can always 'arrange' to have the empty seats filled with people who will back him to give him a majority vote that way). Of course, once that happens - it becomes a more autocratic regime, with Blofeld in a position of power.

I don't think we need a Head - but we could fill out the rest of the council with a handful of well-known actors playing bit parts.

#214 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

I did like tdalton's character of having it more like a council with no discernible head of operations - thus why the organisation continues to function even when two senior figures have been eliminated. I don't think we'd need to see a voting sequence at any point in the movie, outside the beginning where Blofeld tries to discourage the other council members from supporting Klebb's plan.

At the end of the movie, with Klebb (and Kronsteen) dead, he just needs to assasinate Mr White in order for his supporters to have a majority out of the senior figures (and, if not, he can always 'arrange' to have the empty seats filled with people who will back him to give him a majority vote that way). Of course, once that happens - it becomes a more autocratic regime, with Blofeld in a position of power.

I don't think we need a Head - but we could fill out the rest of the council with a handful of well-known actors playing bit parts.

Yeah that's fine. We can show an 'inner circle' of, say, 12 people, with Mr. White, Klebb, and Blofeld as the newest senior member. We probably won't need to establish who the others are, just populate the bit parts with a racially diverse bunch of actors to represent Quantum's worldwide reach.

#215 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

I would agree that we don't really need a Head of the organization, and that the events of this particular story might work better without one.

The way that I would structure the organization and, over the course of this film, set up the power struggle between Blofeld and the rest of Quantum would be for Blofeld to be, as we've been saying, trying to undermine the plan to assassinate Bond so that he can point to the utter failure of Klebb, White, and whoever else as a reason for him to try a hostile takeover of the organization. I would in some way put Red Grant at the center of this struggle, as he could be an agent that, while clearly a psychotic, is one that also comes to the realization that (perhaps sometime during the middle of the mission) there is a power struggle going on within the organization, and that his success or failure of his mission could mean the difference between the old guard staying in power (Klebb, White, etc.) or Blofeld stepping up and cleaning house. I think that this could put a sense of desperation into Grant's plan that could help to further bring out the psychotic nature of the character, and we might see him take a couple more direct shots at Bond over the course of the story as he sees the plan developed by Klebb and White begin to deteriorate around him.

#216 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

I really don't want to be a fifth wheel, here... :S

#217 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

I really don't want to be a fifth wheel, here... :S

I'm not sure that this is really the case (or at least I don't see it that way, anyway). I think that the ideas you've put forward for this particular round have been pretty solid. I think the "chop" idea could very easily work into the heist sequence and could be a key component of that and I thought the casting suggestion of Alexa Davalos was a rather solid idea as well, and I do think that had she not already been a love interest for Craig in another film, she would have had my full support for the role. :)

Just speaking for myself, I know that I sometimes miss posts when I'm reading over the ideas that have been posted here since the last time I was online, and it sometimes takes me a couple of times reading through the last couple of pages to get fully caught up on everything, so I occasionally miss things that are put forward.

To shift gears, I was wondering how close were we to potentially getting something of a rough outline of the basic direction of the story for this particular round? It seems like we're piecing together some pretty solid ideas for the story and it'll be interesting to see how differently this FRWL unfolds in terms of the other version. I know I wasn't all that involved in the Dr. No treatment, but it seemed like everyone else kind of submitted a rough outline of how they thought things could go and then the final treatment got pieced together based on the best of what everyone had. Is that the direction we're kind of going this time? I'm more than willing to take a shot at putting together at least a bare bones outline of how things could unfold that could be pieced together with what everyone else has put forward so far. :)

#218 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

I, for one, would love to see you take a shot at putting forward a proposed outline, tdalton!

As it stands, I believe the film runs as thus --->

- PTS sequence in Istanbul
- Quantum meeting, Klebb plot proposed, Blofeld opposes it but his opposition is ignored
- MI6 recieve a message from Tatiana, offering to sell information on Quantum, Bond says it must be a trap and M agrees, M also bemoans the amount of paperwork she needs to do on such an operation - she needs a new assistant
- Bond arrives in Moscow, makes contact with 'our man in Moscow', Kerim Bey (a Turk) and his secretary, 'Penny
- Bond meets Tatiana, whose cover is as a succesfull businesswoman, realises that the info she was selling was useless and convinces her to tell him where the Quantum 'safehouse' is in Moscow
- At the same point, Blofeld tries to sabotage the plot (he may be the one to reveal to Bond, somehow, the info is useless) by leaking to the Russians that Tatiana is selling information on Quantum, Bond must contend with the FSB too
- Bond must break into the Quantum 'safehouse', with the help of Kerim Bey and 'Penny in an Oceans 11 style break-in
- Bond and Tatiana board the Trans-Siberian Express to Beijing
- On the train they encounter Red Grant
- Some action occurs in Beijing, what this is is undecided
- Eventually, Klebb and Kronsteen are killed, Bond looses the information but Tatiana defects (or is killed)
- Blofeld uses the failure of Klebb's mission to achieve power in Quantum, he leaks Mr White's location to MI6 but kills him moments before Bond arrives (at the Royal Albert Hall during the 1812 Overture of Last Night of the Proms). Bond brushes past Blofeld unknowingly.

#219 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

I, for one, would love to see you take a shot at putting forward a proposed outline, tdalton!

I might start on one tonight then (although I wouldn't necessarily expect it tomorrow, due to the NFL playoffs, but perhaps sometime early Monday or late Sunday night, depending on how it goes). I might also give FRWL another viewing to get a better grasp of it (it's been a while) :)

Also, another idea, to kind of look down the road a bit (and I'm just putting it down now so I don't forget it), perhaps there could be a way to tweak the upcoming project (GF, I'm assuming) and combine it as kind of a two-part movie with the remake of LALD, but swap the order of the films. The thought that I had would be to have Blofeld at the end of FRWL basically inherit an organization in Quantum that is in financial ruin thanks to the various blows dealt to them by Bond and the incompetence of White, Klebb, and the rest of the council. He could then lay low for a while and reach out to Mr. Big/Kananga (perhaps even bringing him on as an essential part of the new Quantum organization, as one of those types we see sitting at the table in Thunderball) to begin introducing money into various economies around the world to help drive up the revenue of Quantum so that he could have some kind of a cash flow (which would then be augmented by the poppy trade that Kananga is already involved in) Even though Bond would be successful in stopping the overall plot hatched by Kananga, Blofeld and Quantum could have already established themselves as an organization that is back on its feet and financially viable again, which would then lead to them bringing Auric Goldfinger aboard for phase 2 of the project, which would be to increase the worth of their newly gained wealth by going after the gold reserves and bringing their values plummeting down, which, in Blofeld's mind, would put him in a position of true global power as his organization would then be far ahead of many of the other organizations and countries around the globe.

Edited by tdalton, 23 January 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#220 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

I might start on one tonight then (although I wouldn't necessarily expect it tomorrow, due to the NFL playoffs, but perhaps sometime early Monday or late Sunday night, depending on how it goes). I might also give FRWL another viewing to get a better grasp of it (it's been a while) :)

Also, another idea, to kind of look down the road a bit (and I'm just putting it down now so I don't forget it), perhaps there could be a way to tweak the upcoming project (GF, I'm assuming) and combine it as kind of a two-part movie with the remake of LALD, but swap the order of the films. The thought that I had would be to have Blofeld at the end of FRWL basically inherit an organization in Quantum that is in financial ruin thanks to the various blows dealt to them by Bond and the incompetence of White, Klebb, and the rest of the council. He could then lay low for a while and reach out to Mr. Big/Kananga (perhaps even bringing him on as an essential part of the new Quantum organization, as one of those types we see sitting at the table in Thunderball) to begin introducing money into various economies around the world to help drive up the revenue of Quantum so that he could have some kind of a cash flow (which would then be augmented by the poppy trade that Kananga is already involved in) Even though Bond would be successful in stopping the overall plot hatched by Kananga, Blofeld and Quantum could have already established themselves as an organization that is back on its feet and financially viable again, which would then lead to them bringing Auric Goldfinger aboard for phase 2 of the project, which would be to increase the worth of their newly gained wealth by going after the gold reserves and bringing their values plummeting down, which, in Blofeld's mind, would put him in a position of true global power as his organization would then be far ahead of many of the other organizations and countries around the globe.

It's up to dino, but I think the idea with GF was that it would be something like you've described - with Blofeld using Goldfinger's plot to fill up the coffers of Quantum after the disastrous operations in Montenegro, Bolivia, Capetown and Moscow. We're already swapping YOLT and OHMSS around - not sure we'd want to swap more around.

But perhaps LALD could combine elements of Thunderball and take it's place?

#221 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

But perhaps LALD could combine elements of Thunderball and take it's place?

That might be an idea...since we already re-did Thunderball recently, we can substitute LALD in its place, with Blofeld backing Mr.Big. We can use the drug trade of the film version or the gold of the novel, or both! And then you get the added bonus of Felix's maiming giving Bond more personal reasons for hunting down Blofeld.

I would like GF to follow on from FRWL though. I don't know what others had in mind, but I was planning to go back to Fleming's plot of actually robbing Fort Knox, not blowing it up. I had some ideas on how they'd disable the military and start moving the gold out of there. But we'll get to that later!

I'm happy for others to come up with outlines on FRWL

I'm not sure who I'd suggest for the role (I've got 'Penny in my own upcoming fanfiction, played by Kelly Adams, but I'd prefer to pick someone different for this project) but, perhaps, someone like Jaime Murray would be interesting in the role. She's known on both sides of the Atlantic (she was in Hustle in the UK, Dexter, Warehouse 13 and the Spartacus prequel, 'Gods of the Arena', in the USA) and could play the role very well against Daniel Craig (ironically, she played the predecessor to Kelly Adams' character in Hustle).

I don't think we want to go too sexy with Moneypenny, which Jaime Murray certainly would be! Otherwise Bond would never want to leave MI6 :)

#222 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

I was pretty much basing the suggestion on the thought that the GF film plot would be used. I didn't know the novel plot was different (I haven't read it since I never have been a fan of the film), but if its a straight up theft then that's the plot, then that would be the way to go. :)

#223 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

I don't think we want to go too sexy with Moneypenny, which Jaime Murray certainly would be! Otherwise Bond would never want to leave MI6 :)

Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies) might be a good alternative - she's pretty, but not too in-your-face sexy, I think.

#224 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies) might be a good alternative - she's pretty, but not too in-your-face sexy, I think.

Ooh yeah I think that would work nicely.

BTW I looked up Whitechapel, found a good clip of "Blofeld" in action!

#225 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

Yup, that's the scene I was thinking of - he is deliciously creepy in it. It would be awesome if someone had the skills to do a mock 'trailer' for the UB:Remakes.

Daniel Craig............James Bond
Katheryn Winnick........Tatiana Romanova
Tilda Swinton...........Rosa Klebb
Jesper Christensen......Mr. White / Kronsteen
Charles Mesure .........Donovan "Red" Grant
Pedro Armandariz, Jr....Kerim Bey
Peter Serafinowicz......Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Anna Friel..............Miss Moneypenny
Judi Dench..............M
Rory Kinnear............Bill Tanner (if needed)

Posted Image

We NEED to use this somehow at some point!

Uno III transforming scooter

#226 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Please, no; that's hideous. :S

#227 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

It could be used but maybe not necessarily in "FRWL".

I like the idea of doing "LALD" in lieu of "TB". I have a trove of ideas ready to share with everyone for that film and it would be cathartic not having to wait another five films to do so. ;)

Also, is someone going to go about writing the treatment for this one? Seems like we have all the pieces in place--we just need to tie it all together like we did with "Dr. No."

#228 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Please, no; that's hideous. :S

Each to their own. I'm sure some things you think look cool, I would find hideous :S

I like the idea of doing "LALD" in lieu of "TB". I have a trove of ideas ready to share with everyone for that film and it would be cathartic not having to wait another five films to do so. ;)

Also, is someone going to go about writing the treatment for this one? Seems like we have all the pieces in place--we just need to tie it all together like we did with "Dr. No."

Yes - didn't mean to use it in FRWL, maybe in a future movie. It seems like it would fit in with something like TSWLM or MR - even more grounded versions.

I think tdalton is going to have a go at writing a draft of the outline - but he says it might come tonight or tomorrow night.

So, as I understand it, the run of films would be -

Casino Royale
Quantum of Solace
- Doctor No
-- From Russia With Love
--- Goldfinger
---- Live and Let Die
----- On Her Majesties Secret Service
------ You Only Live Twice
------- Diamonds are Forever
-------- The Man With The Golden Gun
--------- The Spy Who Loved Me
---------- Moonraker ... etc ... etc ...

#229 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

I have an idea for a Bond girl actress, but I'm not sure where it would fit... :S

#230 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I have an idea for a Bond girl actress, but I'm not sure where it would fit... :S

You never know. coco1997 and I have a rather tasty suggestion for one of the girls based on some pictures we both saw entirely seperately and both thought the person would suit the character - it's a bit of a change to the previous person to play the role, but it fits perfectly in our opinion.

#231 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

All right, since we seem to be doing some forward planning, I'll share with you an idea that came to me a few days ago:

We all know that DAF was a waste of what should've been a revenge-themed follow-up to OHMSS. We also know that Irma Bunt was Tracy Bond's true killer. However, due to Ilse Steppat's death shortly after the release of OHMSS, her character was not brought back for DAF or any future Bond films out of respect. This is what I propose: Once we get to YOLT, Bond will be quite aware that Bunt was the one who killed his wife and hence he'll be going after both her and Blofeld, but his vengeance will be driven more towards the former than the latter. Shatterhand (or whatever alias we choose to use for the character) will actually be Bunt, not Blofeld. I believe dino wrote a treatment a few years ago that utilized this very idea.

Anyway, after Bond takes revenge on Shatterhand/Bunt, we could then set up Blofeld as the villain in DAF, whilst incorporating elements from the Fleming novel. Perhaps we could combine Wint and Kidd's characters with the Spang Bros. We could even maintain their implicit homosexuality but keep the fraternal relationship of the Spangs, making them all the more creepy (I also had this idea that "Spectreville" could be a spooky, rundown casino in Vegas). By keeping Blofeld as the mastermind behind everything, we could use the discarded idea from an early draft of DAF in which Bond chases Blofeld across Lake Mead, hunts him down to an old salt mine and pitches him into a salt granulator, quipping, "He's the salt of the earth."

#232 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how you implement those ideas, because from the preview you gave me, they were quite good. :)

I also like the idea of doing LALD after GF. I think that's the one I've most been looking forward to, so can't wait to start on it.

I'll try to get something posted later after the playoff games are over for FRWL.

#233 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

have a go at writing a draft of the outline - but he says it might come tonight or tomorrow night.
So, as I understand it, the run of films would be -

Casino Royale
Quantum of Solace
- Doctor No
-- From Russia With Love
--- Goldfinger
---- Live and Let Die
----- On Her Majesties Secret Service
------ You Only Live Twice
------- Diamonds are Forever
-------- The Man With The Golden Gun
--------- The Spy Who Loved Me
---------- Moonraker ... etc ... etc ...

Actually we could bump up TMWTGG so it could follow YOLT as the novel does, and then we could do the brainwashing/M assassination attempt.

All right, since we seem to be doing some forward planning, I'll share with you an idea that came to me a few days ago:

We all know that DAF was a waste of what should've been a revenge-themed follow-up to OHMSS. We also know that Irma Bunt was Tracy Bond's true killer. However, due to Ilse Steppat's death shortly after the release of OHMSS, her character was not brought back for DAF or any future Bond films out of respect. This is what I propose: Once we get to YOLT, Bond will be quite aware that Bunt was the one who killed his wife and hence he'll be going after both her and Blofeld, but his vengeance will be driven more towards the former than the latter. Shatterhand (or whatever alias we choose to use for the character) will actually be Bunt, not Blofeld. I believe dino wrote a treatment a few years ago that utilized this very idea.

Ah yes it was Lazenby's followup to OHMSS, using the unfilmed portion of YOLT but shifted to Australia to satisfy Laz so he wouldn't quite :)

As for Blofeld and Bunt, I think Fleming's YOLT took care of all the revenge Bond needed. Why not try and do DAF 'properly' this time round? There's enough to make a movie there with, with modern hi-jinks in Vegas, we could craft an action scene around the Saratoga sequence, and Spectreville & the train chase could be good, with a more action packed climax on a cruise ship.

IIRC, it was only the OHMSS movie that made Bunt the trigger-woman on Tracy. The book had Blofeld as the actual killer, didn't it?

We NEED to use this somehow at some point!

Uno III transforming scooter

Hmm, maybe :)

#234 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

There's enough to make a movie there with, with modern hi-jinks in Vegas, we could craft an action scene around the Saratoga sequence, and Spectreville & the train chase could be good, with a more action packed climax on a cruise ship.

True that. Even if we kill off Bunt and Blofeld in YOLT, I would like to utilize some sort of action sequence in DAF that follows that original ending to the film. :)

#235 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

There's enough to make a movie there with, with modern hi-jinks in Vegas, we could craft an action scene around the Saratoga sequence, and Spectreville & the train chase could be good, with a more action packed climax on a cruise ship.

True that. Even if we kill off Bunt and Blofeld in YOLT, I would like to utilize some sort of action sequence in DAF that follows that original ending to the film. :)

Yeah, it won't be too difficult to go from the cruise ship to a coastal salt mine. Not sure about Craig flying on a weather balloon, but we'll see...!

#236 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

I'm going to get to work here in a bit to finish up the outline and hope to have something posted sometime during the day on Monday. Might even finish it tonight (who knows? :S ) since I need something to work on to take my mind off that disastrous Jets/Steelers game.

Did we ever decide on a PTS sequence? I think we had decided (I honestly can't remember, so please do correct me if I'm wrong) that the heist was going later in the film rather than as the PTS as had been mentioned already. I was thinking about going in a direction similar to the beginning of the original FRWL with Grant stalking a fake Bond in a training exercise, but wanted to make sure I wasn't cutting anyone's ideas out in case we had already decided on something.

Actually we could bump up TMWTGG so it could follow YOLT as the novel does, and then we could do the brainwashing/M assassination attempt.

I think that this would be a good idea. I definitely think that the beginning of TMWTGG novel needs to be put on screen at some point.

Edited by tdalton, 24 January 2011 - 03:30 AM.

#237 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:40 AM

I'm going to post the first part of what I've got so far, which is a lot more than I thought I'd get done today. I might post a bit more later tonight, but will definitely post more tomorrow. Also, I put placeholder credits in for the writer and director positions (the Bond 23 team) since I don't think that we came up with anybody for those roles.

FADE IN / GUNBARREL SEQUENCE

ISTANBUL

The gunbarrel sequence opens up to reveal a night time shot of the Hagia Sophia all lit up. We cut to a shot of the grounds in front of the structure, with a man clad in a black overcoat walking briskly across the grounds. We trail him for a few moments before he looks back over his shoulder nervously, revealing to us that it is James Bond (Daniel Craig).

We cut away from Bond to see a silhouette emerge from the darkness some distance behind Bond. He steps into the light and is revealed to be a cruel-looking, bearded man that we come to find out later is Donovan “Red” Grant (Charles Mesure).

Cutting back to Bond, he has sensed that he is being followed, and has reached into his jacket to ready his pistol. He spots an entrance to an underground structure, the Basilica Cistern, and decides to take refuge there.

Once inside, Bond begins to work his way deep into the structure, hoping to lose his pursuer. He makes his way to a beautifully lit room full of columns, which Bond finds to be filled to ankle-depth with water, causing the ceiling to be reflected on the surface of the water (basing this off of a picture of the Basilica Cistern found on Wikipedia. I don’t know how deep the water actually is in this room, or where in the Basilica it actually is, so I’m taking some liberties with it for the sake of the sequence).

Bond steps into the water, heading towards the other end of the room in an effort to lose his pursuer, when we see Grant emerge from the shadows behind him. Bond is alerted to his presence when he hears his feet sink into the water.

Bond turns around to block the first punch that is thrown by Grant, who goes into full attack mode by firing a fury of punches in Bond’s direction, landing several of them. Bond recovers, landing a couple of shots back at Grant before Grant overpowers him, knocking him back into one of the columns, causing part of it to break off. Dazed, Bond is unable to defend himself as Grant continues to pummel him. Bond finally falls to the ground face-up, his face bloodied and defeated. Grant reaches down, violently flipping Bond over so that he is face down in the water, and holds him there until Bond is dead.

A red-haired woman emerges from the shadows at the other end of the room, flanked by her henchmen.

KLEBB: Very impressive.

Grant nods in acknowledgment to her, not answering, and turns around to leave the cistern.

KLEBB: We’ll be in touch when the mission is put into motion.
One of Klebb’s henchmen marches into the water to the body and reaches for his face, pulling off the mask to reveal that the man is in fact not James Bond.

FADE INTO TITLE SEQUENCE WITH SONG PERFORMED BY ????

Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions Presents

Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007

In

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Katheryn Winnick
Tilda Swinton

Charles Mesure
Jesper Christensen
Pedro Armandariz, Jr.

Rory Kinnear
Anna Friel

with

Peter Serafinowicz

and

Judi Dench as ‘M’

Written by
Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, and John Logan

Music by
David Arnold

Directed by
Sam Mendes

UNKNOWN LOCATION

We fade back in to a meeting that is taking place at an unknown location. Seated at the table are Rosa Klebb (Tilda Swinton), Mr. White (Jesper Christensen), and Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Peter Serafinowicz), amongst other unnamed people.

KLEBB: I have devised a plan to finally eliminate British agent James Bond and for us to get revenge on our fallen comrade Dr. No. I have recruited a low-level Quantum agent, a beautiful young woman which we have determined is a weakness of Mr. Bond’s, who will promise to provide key information about our organization, which is something MI6 has been trying to get for years. She will do this under the condition that Bond meet her personally in Russia so that she can defect to the British. At this point, she will lead him into a trap where our agent Donovan Grant will eliminate Bond.

The rest of the group nods in agreement at the plan, minus Blofeld who voices strenuous opposition to it. He claims that Bond will see right through the plan and it will end up being yet another embarrassment for Quantum. His opinion is outnumbered, causing him to exit the meeting.

LONDON

Bond enters M’s office, at which point his greeted instantly by the grumblings of his boss who is buried up to her neck in paperwork. She remarks that she needs an assistant to help her deal with the mounting paperwork, as she had recently lost Villiers to a reassignment.

M informs Bond that MI6 had received a tip that a young Russian woman wanted to defect to the British in return for vital information about the Quantum organization, under the condition that Bond would meet her in Russia and bring her back to England personally so she could deliver the information.

BOND: This sounds like a trap.
M: It most likely is, but if we have the opportunity to finally learn something of value about this organization, then we must take the risk.

M reaches into a dossier and hands a picture to Bond. It is the picture of the woman, whose name is Tatiana Romanova (Katheryn Winnick), a beautiful young blonde woman that causes Bond to suddenly look forward to carrying out the assignment.

M: The tip also stated that she expressed you specifically because she had seen a photograph of you and had fallen in love with you.
BOND: She fell in love with a photograph?
M: Apparently. A symptom of the paparazzi-driven culture we live in, no doubt.
BOND: Suppose I don’t meet her expectations?
M: You’d damn well better.

to be continued...

#238 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

I'd actually like to flesh out the Quantum meeting scene a bit more, I wanted to add in that - it was White who nominated Blofeld into the 'council', which will later make Blofeld's betrayal personal, and I wanted to establish that White's name is Kronsteen, and that all of Quantum have codenames they use on the outside world, but behind closed doors they use their real names - Klebb, Kronsteen, Blofeld, etc. I also had an idea for an actual location they could use which could be kind of a funny reveal if I can think of a way to work it in.

Otherwise, I just had one question - is there such a thing as 'defecting' from Russia anymore, or did that term die with the cold war? We could just say that Tatiana identified herself as a member of Quantum to MI6, and she needs their help getting away from the organization (which would be the modern equivalent of her 'defecting').

#239 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

I'd actually like to flesh out the Quantum meeting scene a bit more, I wanted to add in that - it was White who nominated Blofeld into the 'council', which will later make Blofeld's betrayal personal, and I wanted to establish that White's name is Kronsteen, and that all of Quantum have codenames they use on the outside world, but behind closed doors they use their real names - Klebb, Kronsteen, Blofeld, etc. I also had an idea for an actual location they could use which could be kind of a funny reveal if I can think of a way to work it in.

Otherwise, I just had one question - is there such a thing as 'defecting' from Russia anymore, or did that term die with the cold war? We could just say that Tatiana identified herself as a member of Quantum to MI6, and she needs their help getting away from the organization (which would be the modern equivalent of her 'defecting').

The meeting can definitely be fleshed out some more. I'll work all of that in.

I have no idea if they use the term "defecting" anymore. I just went with it as it was a shorter way of saying the other, but it can be changed.

:)

#240 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Well I wrote out a fuller scene of the Quantum meeting that addresses most of what I suggested earlier, hopefully it develops enough Blofeld-White-Klebb tension, have a look :

-END OF CREDIT SEQUENCE-

Two men step into an elevator. One of them, our old friend MR.WHITE. The other is a younger, tall, well-dressed man. As the elevator ascends :

Mr.White : Remember, when we get in there, don't say anything, you don't want to appear arrogant. Just listen and get the feel of how these gatherings work.

Man : Of course. I do want to thank you again for this opportunity.

Mr. White : If we're being honest, I'm not sure you're entirely ready; but it seems an empty seat came up, and it must be filled at short notice. I'm sticking my neck out for you here, don't make me regret it. Just tell me you'll do your best.

Man : I will do my best, Mr. White.

Mr. White : We can dispense with the codenames. You're one of us now.

Man : Very well, Mr. Kronsteen.

The elevator arrives at its destination and they step out.

SIX heavily armed security guards lead them through a bio-scanner. White walks with a noticeable limp. After they pass through, they enter a circular room with unusual long, open windows all along one curved side.

In the center of a room, a round table with twelve chairs, ten of which are filled by a diverse mix of white, black, Asian, and latino men and women. Mr. White sits down, offering the other chair to his companion.

A tall woman in a business suit, ROSA KLEBB, speaks.

Klebb : Good, we can finally start. Our first order of business is to introduce our newest friend, I think?

Mr White stands : Ladies, Gentlemen. As you know, our associate Dr.No recently met with a terrible accident, and I am here to nominate his replacement. You all know my friend's achievements - he was responsible for QUANTUM gaining valuable footholds during the recent unpleasantaries in South Ossetia, Tunisia, and Somalia. I think he will quickly prove to be a valuable member of our council. Please welcome our newest member, Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Blofeld stands, the group nods in approval.

Klebb : Thank you Mr. Blofeld. Now to our main order of business. As you all remember, myself and Mr. Kronsteen had been devising a plan to rid ourselves of a certain thorn in our side, namely the British agent James Bond. I am happy to report I have field tested the right man for the job at our Istanbul facility, and I have found the right female agent from our ranks in Moscow, a Miss Tatiana Romanava. We will draw MI6 into the trap, and kill the man responsible for sabotaging several of our operations.

HASHIMOTO, a Japanese business type, butts in - What makes you think you can fool MI6?

Klebb : We can't. They are no fools. But if we tempt them with the right bait, they will have no choice but to take a risk.

Hashimoto : And what is the bait?

White : Us. Miss Romanava will inform MI6 she has valuable inside information on QUANTUM. I have been face to face with their head, M. I can personally guarantee she won't be able to resist even the slightest opportunity to get closer to us. And to do that, she will send Bond.

The group murmurs in approval.

Klebb : All in favor?

Almost everyone responds 'yay', until :

Blofeld : Nay.

Klebb : Excuse me, Mr...Blofeld, is it?

Blofeld : It is. And I don't think it's too wise to risk exposing our operations just for the sake of disposing of one lowly British agent.

Klebb : As you're new here, I assume you're not aware of the significance of this lowly agent to us. This one man has single handedly managed to undermine several of our recent operations, in Venice, Bolivia, and just recently was responsible for the death of one of our own, as well as causing significant financial losses to our organization. He must be gotten rid of.

Blofeld : But I have another plan of my own to recoup our losses. An associate of mine has been looking at Fort Knox recently and...

Klebb : Mr. Blofeld. The majority have voted. The plan is in motion and this meeting is adjourned. You all have your assignments. When we have Mr. Bond in our grasp...let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one.

Klebb, and various other members of the group stand and leave. Blofeld moves to a window, White glaring at him.

White : I told you not to speak. What the hell were you thinking? You've embarrassed me, you know.

Blofeld : We're better than this. Going after one British civil servant is a waste of time. If you'd listen to my ideas, I could improve QUANTUM's standings significantly.

White : You'll get your turn. Just show them you can do the job, then, when you've proven yourself, you'll get a chance to put your own ideas in.

White leaves the room as Blofeld continues to look out of the window.

Outside, we pull back from the curiously green-tinged window area to reveal a giant head - Blofeld is looking out from inside the head of the Statue of Liberty!

Cut to - LONDON.