772 replies to this topic

#271 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Guess its all shaping up nicely then...I can flesh out the final White/Blofeld scene unless someone else wants to

#272 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

I think we have a very solid foundation now for a treatment. I think that I've got everything I need to make this second draft of it pretty good. I'll have it done sometime tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday).

While I like the idea of having Grant off screen for a good portion of the first half of the film, which terminus had somewhere in his notes, I think that we should at least allude to his presence in the Krilencu plot. Perhaps when we say that Quantum is always one step ahead of Bond during that stretch, that could be a result of the body count that Grant is racking up in an effort to eliminate any source of information that Bond may try to use to stop the plot. All of these assassinations would be done in the same manner (in an effort to make this Grant more brutal than the last, we may have to change it from the traditional strangulation by watch, but he'll get himself a calling card nonetheless), which would indicate to Bond that they're being done by the same man, which may also tip him off that it's Quantum by the fact that they "have people everywhere".

#273 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

I've got an idea for an Ultimate Bond spin-off: Alternate Bond. The idea came up when we ended up discussing SUPERMAN: RED SON on the other forum. RED SON was a retelling of Superman's origins, with one key change, namely that Kal-El landed on a collective farm in the Ukraine rather than in Kansas. He then we on to become Superman, leading the Soviet Union forward rather than America. So, for Alternate Bond, we could do a single write-up with James Bond recast as Jerzey Bondov, a version of James Bond who was born in East Germany, not the West, and who goes on to become an agent of the KGB. I think it would be an interesting experiment just to see what would change.

#274 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

That does sound interesting, Captain. People seem immersed in plowing through these remakes for now, but I see no reason why your idea couldn't go on concurrently with dino's project.

Also, I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet, but I figured it needed addressing: Whatever happened to the briefcase gadget from the original film? Are we not using it at all in our version?

#275 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

Also, I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet, but I figured it needed addressing: Whatever happened to the briefcase gadget from the original film? Are we not using it at all in our version?

I guess it ended up on the cutting room floor, we seem to have constructed most of the plot without it! I guess Goldfinger will be where we finally see Q show up. (Or will it?)

#276 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

I guess it ended up on the cutting room floor, we seem to have constructed most of the plot without it! I guess Goldfinger will be where we finally see Q show up. (Or will it?)

Yes, I think "GF" would be the perfect place to introduce Q/Boothroyd. I recall CT mentioning at MI6 an idea he had for a rebooted Q, in that he would be a genius who suffers from some sort of personality disorder. It would make the whole dynamic between Q and Bond very different and a refreshing change from the days of yore. And we could take the opportunity to upgrade Bond's already stunning Aston Martin DBS to the even more magnificent One-77. B) We could even take a line out of the novel and re-title the film "THE FIERCE POSSESSION".

As you can see, I'm anxious for "GF." :D Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing "FRWL" finished.

#277 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

OK I put together my version of the ending scene/epilogue. This happens after Bond and Tania have reached MI6, Bond's name has been cleared, and they start looking at the captured QUANTUM files. Alter as needed...

M, Tanner, and Bond are going over the information on a giant interactive screen, similar to the one seen in the briefing in QOS. They come across 11 files on personnel. Bond immediately recognizes Rosa Klebb and Mr.White. Tanner notes that there was a 12th file but it has been deleted.

Studying White's dossier further, they come across his list of aliases and bank accounts. Investigating them, they discover that White flew into London yesterday under a false passport, and has reserved a ticket for tonight's Last of the Proms performance at the Albert Hall.

M checks her watch. "That ends in thirty minutes". Bond is out of the door before she has even finished speaking. Outside, tires squeal as Bond's Aston Martin races away from MI6 HQ.

THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

Mr. White is alone in a private box. Blofeld appears and sits next to him.

White - You're late. Where are the others?
Blofeld - They won't be joining us.

Blofeld drops a set of photographs in White's lap. They are of bodies - the Quantum members we saw at the beginning of the film, now all dead in various locations.

White - You did this?
Blofeld - Actually I can't take all the credit. That Bond fellow and the girl took care of the late Colonel Klebb before I could. I must remember to thank him.
White - But why?
Blofeld - It had to be done. MI6 has everything on QUANTUM. I know, because I gave it to them.

Meanwhile, Bond zooms through the city streets, hitting 80 mph.

White - What the hell have you done?
Blofeld - I'm cleaning house, Mr. White. QUANTUM was finished the moment they tried to outsmart MI6. I won't be making the same mistake. Now what about you?

White pauses, and looks into Blofeld's eyes. They're ice cold. White slowly reaches into his jacket as Blofeld continues talking, watching the performance as the finale of the 1812 overture begins.

Blofeld - We can make a fresh start, you and I launching a new venture. We still have the resources and contacts, and I could use your expertise.

White's hand wraps around the pistol in his jacket.

-Bond zooms through a red light as agitated drivers honk at him from all directions.

Blofeld - QUANTUM was short-sighted and their concerns were petty, I have a much bolder plan in mind. Are you with me, Mr.White?

White pulls out his gun and aims, but Blofeld has already silently shot him.

Blofeld - I'll take that as a 'no', then.

-Bond approaches a busy roundabout; rather than merge into the traffic, he accelerates and speeds straight over it, as the Albert Hall can be seen in the distance.

Blofeld props White up in his seat as his life drains away. The finale continues.

Blofeld - Pity I can't stay, I hear the finale is exquisite.

He leaves quickly, as a gasping White slumps back in his chair.

-Outside, the Aston Martin screeches to a halt in front of the Hall. Bond races up the steps to the main entrance. As he charges through the front door, he almost bumps into Blofeld coming out.

Bond - Excuse me.
Blofeld - Terribly sorry.

The two men go their separate ways. Inside, Bond vaults up the stairs. Blofeld pauses momentarily to admire the Aston Martin before moving on.

Bond bursts into the private box, gun drawn, only to see White gasping his final breaths. Bond leans over him, as White whispers one word to him - "Blofeld". He dies.

Bond pauses for a second as the concert ends and the audience applauses. He looks at the empty seat next to White, the bullet casing on the floor, and rushes back out.

Crowds are pouring out of the hall as Bond pushes his way through the lobby. As he bursts out of the entrance, he looks all around. The stranger he passed on the way in is nowhere to be seen.

As he stands on the steps of the Royal Albert Hall, crowds pass by all around him. The camera pulls back further and further until Bond melts into the throng of people.

THE END OF

FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE

BUT JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN :

GOLDFINGER

#278 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

I'm going to go ahead and post this in several parts, as I'm still working on it but wanted to push this project towards a resolution fairly quickly. What I went ahead and went for with the Krilencu plot was something of a ticking-bomb type of thing, where we're thrown right into the middle of it without too much explanation as to what the characters involved already know. How successful this is, I don't know, but it's not something that I would imagine taking up too much film time when it's all said and done. It's just there to springboard things forward into the main plot, which I'll start posting a bit later in the day.

Fade In

MOROCCO

We open up the film on a shot of Morocco lit up at night. Cutting to a park, we see a man walking away from the camera, dressed in a black overcoat. He walks briskly away for a few moments before looking over his shoulder, revealing to the audience that it is James Bond (Daniel Craig). He turns back around and keeps walking as we see a silhouette emerge from the darkness. When the figure steps into the light, we see a large, dark-haired, cruel-looking man traveling the same path as Bond.

Bond turns and sees the man following him. He looks for a place to escape to, eventually finding his way down into the El Jadida cistern. He makes his way through the structure until he reaches a circular shaped room which is dark along the edges but lit up in the middle, featuring several columns throughout the room. He steps into the room, finding himself standing in ankle-deep water, which reflects the ceiling of the structure onto the floor.

He trudges through the water towards the center of the room. He turns around to survey his surroundings, and finds the man standing behind him. Bond tries to throw a punch, which is dodged by the man, who knocks him back into one of the columns, causing it to crumble a bit. The two exchange blows for a few minutes before the man lands a few consecutive blows on Bond, knocking him to the ground in bloody heap. The man flips Bond over and holds his face under the water, drowning him.

A red-haired woman emerges from the darkness, stepping into the middle of the room where the light is.

KLEBB: Very good, Comrade Grant.

The man, who we now know is Donovan “Red” Grant only nods his acknowledgment. He turns to walk out of the room.

KLEBB: We’ll be in touch when it’s time to begin the mission.

Klebb reaches down to Bond’s neck, pulling at a small flap of what appears to be skin. It’s in fact a rubber mask, which she pulls off the body to reveal that the deceased is in fact not James Bond.

Fade into title sequence with song performed by PLAN B

Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions Presents

Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007

in

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Starring:

Katheryn Winnick
Tilda Swinton

Charles Mesure
Jesper Christensen
Nestor Carbonell

Pedro Armandariz, Jr.
Rory Kinnear
Anna Friel

with

Peter Serafinowicz
Jeffrey Wright

and

Judi Dench as ‘M’

Written by
Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, and John Logan

Directed by
Sam Mendes

End of Credit Sequence

ISTANBUL

Bond arrives in Istanbul and is met at the airport by Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright).

FELIX: Something big is about to go down, James.
BOND: Any leads?
FELIX: We’ve been tracking a man by the name of Krilencu, but he’s gone off grid. He has an associate by the name of Krimmler who has offices downtown. We’ve got men en route that location now.
BOND: Let’s go check it out.

Bond and Felix race over to Krimmler’s offices, arriving at about the same time as the rest of the cavalry. Bond and Felix storm into the building, demanding the receptionist to tell them which office is Krimmler’s. She initially refuses but gives up the information when she sees the small army behind them coming into the building.

Krimmler’s offices are on the fifth floor. Felix kicks in the door and he and Bond storm into the offices, only to find them empty. On the walls there are photographs and maps of the city, with circles drawn around them to indicate what appeared to be a blast radius.

FELIX: Does this mean what I think it means?
BOND: Yes. Krilencu has a nuke in the city. Judging from these blast radius’ calculations, it doesn’t appear to be of military grade, but it’s still going to be a major disaster nonetheless.

Cut to a shot of a man (Nestor Carbonell) standing on the edge of what appears to be a canal. His exact location is not known. He looks at his mobile phone, which displays a countdown. Time is running out.

Bond and Felix manage to get the building’ receptionist to give them Krimmler’s location. They exit the building quickly. After they leave, we see the woman pick up her mobile phone.

RECEPTIONIST: They’ve taken the bait. They’re running around in circles as we speak.

The receptionists’ tip leads them to another office building on the other side of the city. When they arrive, there are clear signs of a struggle. Furniture is overturned, dents in the walls, etc.

They make their way into yet another office and find a body slumped over in a chair behind a desk.

BOND: Is that him?
FELIX: Yes.
BOND: Cause of death would appear to be strangulation.

Bond searches Krimmler’s body, and in his pocket finds a small electronic device which features a countdown. There are only ten seconds left.

Bond shows the timer to Felix.

BOND: Well, it’s been nice knowing you.

The timer runs out. After a few more seconds of nothing happening, Bond looks out the window. Either the bomb was a dud or it was all a hoax.

BOND: So this was all an elaborate hoax.
FELIX: It would appear to be that way.
BOND: Why go through all the trouble to plan this out and not have anything happen. The only reason to do that would be…
FELIX: To draw attention away from the real target.

They begin ransacking the office, eventually finding a ledger. Inside were extensive details on explosives, of the non-nuclear variety, and maps of the Suez Canal. There was also a plane ticket stuck inside that was supposed to have been used earlier in the day.

FELIX: It looks like the Suez Canal is the real target.
BOND: How long until we can get down there?
FELIX: We can have a chopper ready in twenty minutes.

Cut to another shot of the man (Nestor Carbonell), now standing in a tower looking out over what we now know to be the Suez Canal. He’s now dressed in a military uniform, holding the same countdown timer. Time is almost up.

We cut back to a shot of a chopper landing. A title card indicates to us that we are at Port Said.

Bond, Felix, and other agents exit the chopper and begin sprinting towards the military installation. An officer comes out to greet them. Bond and Felix inform them of the situation, which causes the military personnel present at the port to begin mobilizing.

BOND: Do we know what Krilencu looks like?
FELIX: Yes, we have a photograph of him.
BOND: Let’s get that out over the air. Maybe someone has seen him.

The military officer looks at the picture.

OFFICER: I know that man. He came in last night. He’s with the Russian military sent to oversee the delivery of some very important cargo.
FELIX: No, he’s a terrorist. Do you know where we can find him.
OFFICER: The last I saw of him, he was up in the tower.

The officer points towards a tower looming off in the distance at the other end of the port.

They reach the observation room at the top of the tower. Without even turning around, Krilencu speaks to them.

KRILENCU: You’re too late, gentlemen.
BOND: Stop the attack.
KRILENCU: Or what?
BOND: I think you know.
KRILENCU: You don’t scare me. Besides, I think you’ll find that there’s no time left.

Krilencu tosses the countdown timer he has been holding to Bond. Bond looks at it, and watches the final two seconds tick off the clock.

Cut to shots of the water lighting up in a blaze, as though the entire waterway is on fire.

KRILENCU: The global economy just took a big hit, as did the confidence of the global community in their leaders to protect them. This has been a very significant victory.

Bond had no response other than to draw his weapon and place a bullet right between Krilencu’s eyes.

to be continued...

#279 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Excellent adaptation of my suggestion, tdalton :D

While I like the idea of having Grant off screen for a good portion of the first half of the film, which terminus had somewhere in his notes, I think that we should at least allude to his presence in the Krilencu plot. Perhaps when we say that Quantum is always one step ahead of Bond during that stretch, that could be a result of the body count that Grant is racking up in an effort to eliminate any source of information that Bond may try to use to stop the plot. All of these assassinations would be done in the same manner (in an effort to make this Grant more brutal than the last, we may have to change it from the traditional strangulation by watch, but he'll get himself a calling card nonetheless), which would indicate to Bond that they're being done by the same man, which may also tip him off that it's Quantum by the fact that they "have people everywhere".

Oh yes - alude to his presence, that would be fine. But I think the first time we SEE him after the pretitles should be when he boards the train - we build up a sense of his threat, then we show him.

#280 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

Just a quick question as I'm typing up the rest of this. What ended up being the consensus regarding Kronsteen being a separate character? I'm fine with it either way and don't necessarily have a preference one way or the other, but if he's a separate person then we need to cast him, and I'll just slide another unused Fleming name in for Mr. White's real name (or just eliminate the reference altogether, whatever the group decides).

EDIT: I went ahead and made Kronsteen a separate character in the part I'm getting ready to post in a few minutes and eliminated the mention of Mr. White's real name in the Statue of Liberty sequence (I simply did this because I wanted to get the part posted sooner rather than later), but will be more than happy to change it around to reflect whatever the consensus is on the topic.

Edited by tdalton, 27 January 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#281 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

Here's part 2. As I said in my previous post, I went with Kronsteen being a separate character and eliminating the reference to Mr. White being Kronsteen just for the sake of finishing this up in a somewhat timely manner. I am more than happy to go back and change that back if that's what the group decides :)

PART 2:

Fade In

Two men step into an elevator. One of them, our old friend MR.WHITE. The other is a younger, tall, well-dressed man. As the elevator ascends :

Mr.White : Remember, when we get in there, don't say anything, you don't want to appear arrogant. Just listen and get the feel of how these gatherings work.

Man : Of course. I do want to thank you again for this opportunity.

Mr. White : If we're being honest, I'm not sure you're entirely ready; but it seems an empty seat came up, and it must be filled at short notice, and your work on the incident at the Suez Canal really caught the attention of the others. I'm sticking my neck out for you here, don't make me regret it. Just tell me you'll do your best.

Man : I will do my best, Mr. White.

The elevator arrives at its destination and they step out.

SIX heavily armed security guards lead them through a bio-scanner. White walks with a noticeable limp. After they pass through, they enter a circular room with unusual long, open windows all along one curved side.

In the center of a room, a round table with twelve chairs, ten of which are filled by a diverse mix of white, black, Asian, and latino men and women. Mr. White sits down, offering the other chair to his companion.

A tall woman in a business suit, ROSA KLEBB, speaks.

Klebb : Good, we can finally start. Our first order of business is to introduce our newest friend, I think?

Mr White stands : Ladies, Gentlemen. As you know, our associate Dr.No recently met with a terrible accident, and I am here to nominate his replacement. You all know my friend's achievements - he was responsible for QUANTUM gaining valuable footholds during the recent unpleasantaries in South Ossetia, Tunisia, and Somalia. I think he will quickly prove to be a valuable member of our council. Please welcome our newest member, Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Blofeld stands, the group nods in approval.

Klebb : Thank you Mr. Blofeld. Now to our main order of business. As you all remember, myself and Mr. Kronsteen had been devising a plan to rid ourselves of a certain thorn in our side, namely the British agent James Bond. I am happy to report I have field tested the right man for the job at our Istanbul facility, and I have found the right female agent from our ranks in Moscow, a Miss Tatiana Romanava. We will draw MI6 into the trap, and kill the man responsible for sabotaging several of our operations.

HASHIMOTO, a Japanese business type, butts in - What makes you think you can fool MI6?

Klebb : We can't. They are no fools. But if we tempt them with the right bait, they will have no choice but to take a risk.

Hashimoto : And what is the bait?

White : Us. Miss Romanava will inform MI6 she has valuable inside information on QUANTUM. I have been face to face with their head, M. I can personally guarantee she won't be able to resist even the slightest opportunity to get closer to us. And to do that, she will send Bond.

The group murmurs in approval.

Klebb : All in favor?

Almost everyone responds 'yay', until :

Blofeld : Nay.

Klebb : Excuse me, Mr...Blofeld, is it?

Blofeld : It is. And I don't think it's too wise to risk exposing our operations just for the sake of disposing of one lowly British agent.

Klebb : As you're new here, I assume you're not aware of the significance of this lowly agent to us. This one man has single handedly managed to undermine several of our recent operations, in Venice, Bolivia, and just recently was responsible for the death of one of our own, as well as causing significant financial losses to our organization. He must be gotten rid of.

Blofeld : But I have another plan of my own to recoup our losses. An associate of mine has been looking at Fort Knox recently and...

Klebb : Mr. Blofeld. The majority have voted. The plan is in motion and this meeting is adjourned. You all have your assignments. When we have Mr. Bond in our grasp...let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one.

Klebb, and various other members of the group stand and leave. Blofeld moves to a window, White glaring at him.

White : I told you not to speak. What the hell were you thinking? You've embarrassed me, you know.

Blofeld : We're better than this. Going after one British civil servant is a waste of time. If you'd listen to my ideas, I could improve QUANTUM's standings significantly.

White : You'll get your turn. Just show them you can do the job, then, when you've proven yourself, you'll get a chance to put your own ideas in.

White leaves the room as Blofeld continues to look out of the window.

Outside, we pull back from the curiously green-tinged window area to reveal a giant head - Blofeld is looking out from inside the head of the Statue of Liberty!

LONDON

Bond sits in M’s office silently as she unleashes her wrath on him for his failure in Istanbul and his inability to stop the attack on the Suez Canal.

BOND: If I may, in my own defense, say that this was a project led by the Americans.
M: Yes, but while you and your pal Felix were sightseeing around Istanbul, Krilencu was busy planting several tons of explosives all along the Suez Canal. I don’t pay you to sightsee while terrorists are at work now do I? I pay you for results.
BOND: Point taken.
M: I don’t think that you quite get it, but that’s for another day. We have more pressing issues. I had thought that we were getting ahead of these Quantum bastards once and for all, but your shortcomings prove that there is still more work to be done in that area. We received a message from a woman named Tatiana Romanova, a Russian business woman who works for Quantum out of Moscow. She claims to have vital information about Quantum interests around the globe, including information about the people who head-up the organization.
BOND: Surely this is a trap. If she had that kind of information, why just volunteer to give it up.
M: Oh, it’s most certainly a trap, but if there’s any possibility of getting our hands on this kind of information, we simply must go for it. There’s one more thing. She will only hand over the information if you go to Moscow personally to bring her in.
BOND: Why me?
M: Apparently she’s seen a photograph of you and has fallen in love.
BOND: She fell in love with a photograph?
M: A sign of the paparazzi-driven culture we live in, no doubt. Still, you’ll leave for Moscow tonight, where you’ll meet our man there, Ali Kerim Bey.
BOND: What if I don’t rise to her expectations?
M: Just be damn well sure you don’t.

MOSCOW

Bond exits the plane in Moscow and is met by a beautiful woman in the airport terminal. She introduces herself as Jane Moneypenny.

MONEYPENNY: Kerim Bey has asked that I bring you to the safehouse immediately.
BOND: Well, I wouldn’t want to keep him waiting.

Moneypenny leads Bond to her car. She drives him to the safehouse. During the drive, Bond notices that they are being followed. Moneypenny explains to him that this is common in Russia, that both sides follow each other knowingly.

She introduces him to Kerim Bey when they arrive at the safehouse. Bey offers Bond coffee, which the two men enjoy while Bey briefs Bond on everything he knows about Tatiana Romanova, which wasn’t much. Bey informs Bond that Tatiana wants to meet him the next afternoon, and has designated an abandoned church beyond the city limits of Moscow as the meeting place.

Bond arrives at the church, sitting outside waiting for Tatiana. She never shows, but a group of thugs eventually make their way up to Bond, attempting to kill him. Bond dispatches the entire group, save for their leader, who flees the scene.

Back at the safehouse, Bond gives Kerim Bey a description of the man. Kerim Bey informs Bond that the man’s name is Kronsteen. Bond decides he wants to track the man down, which Kerim Bey agrees to help him do, as he knows a location at which Kronsteen can be found.

Cut to a shot of a rundown room

Kronsteen puts his jacket up on a coat rack and steps into his apartment. He reaches for the lights before a sinister voice from the darkness stops him in his tracks.

INTRUDER: Leave them off.

Kronsteen does as he is told.

INTRUDER: You've made quite a mess for me today. Nobody interferes with my plans and gets away with it. Exactly what did you think you were doing?
KRONSTEEN: Just following orders.
INTRUDER: Then I think you can appreciate why I have to do this.

The two men struggle, trading blows. The intruder manages to get behind Kronsteen, and wraps something around his neck that is not entirely visible to the camera.

KRONSTEEN: We work for the same team. Don't do it, Red.

Fade Out

Fade back in

Kerim Bey takes Bond to Kronsteen’s location, and rundown apartment complex on the outskirts of Moscow. They make their way into the building only to find Kronsteen dead, strangled in a similar fashion to the way that Krimmler had been in Istanbul. Pinned to his chest is a note that states that the information that Tatiana is set to give Bond is useless.

Bond makes his way to his hotel room and finds a beautiful woman in his bed. She introduces herself as Tatiana Romanova (Katheryn Winnick).

BOND: So you’re Tatiana Romanova.
TATIANA: You look just like the photograph.
BOND: I understand you have some information for me?
TATIANA: In the morning.

Bond and Tatiana make love. The camera pans towards the wall behind the bed and we see that there are two people standing on the other side of the wall, filming Bond and Tatiana through a two-way mirror. One of the people is Rosa Klebb, the other is Grant.

The next day, Bond takes Tatiana to the safehouse to meet Kerim Bey. They confront her about whether or not the information she is set to give them is genuine. She assures them that the information is good, but when they show her a picture of Kronsteen’s deceased body and inform her that the same fate awaits her at the hands of Quantum, she is persuaded to give up the fact that the information isn’t good. Bond instructs her to give him the location of the Quantum safehouse so that he can break-in and steal some genuinely useful information. Bond tells Tatiana that he will make a trade for the information, in return granting Tatiana a genuine safe passage back to London so that she can be free of the Quantum organization. Tatiana accepts Bond’s proposal and gives up the location of the Quantum safehouse.

to be continued...

Edited by tdalton, 27 January 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#282 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

Good work, t. :)

#283 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Good work, t. :)

Thanks. :)

Any thought as to whether or not to keep Kronsteen as Mr. White's real name or as a separate character (and, in that case, any idea as to who should play him?)

Once the heist sequence gets finished, I think it's pretty much smooth sailing from there. I think that's the only sequence that we really haven't developed all that much, so once that's done the rest of it should fall into place very quickly.

EDIT: I added a short scene into the section I just posted. I think that we needed to give Grant some kind of appearance, although you never actually see his face full-on in the scene as it's almost completely dark. I just kind of felt that, the way the treatment was flowing, that just alluding to his presence and only seeing him standing behind the mirror filming Bond and Tatiana didn't give him enough of a physical presence that he would need when it comes time for him to try to dispatch Bond on the train.

Edited by tdalton, 27 January 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#284 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

OK, here's the heist sequence. Everything else should fall fairly easily into place now. The italicized text is meant to be occurring at the same time that we hear Tatiana going over the plan at the safehouse, which would serve as something of a voice-over that we sometimes hear in heist films. I still have little to no idea what a "chop" is, and my searches on the matter didn't turn up much to work with, so I kept it very generic with that device.

Back in the MI6 safehouse, Bond, Moneypenny, Kerim Bey, and Tatiana sit around a table as Tatiana begins to explain what will need to be done to get the information that MI6 seeks.

TATIANA: The first thing that we will need to do is acquire the “chop” that is needed to access the files in the computer. You will also need to get the keys to the computer as well, as the computer needs two keys to be turned simultaneously in order to power it up. The computer itself is located deep underground, accessible only by a special elevator that requires the chop to open…

As she is saying this, we are shown footage of Bond sneaking into a large office building, presumably in downtown Moscow. He’s dressed in all black, carrying a silenced Walther pistol at the ready. Once inside, he dispatches two guards instantly, making his way to the security room.

TATIANA: The chop and keys can be found in the main security room on the first floor below the lobby. A man named Francis keeps them on his person at all times…

Bond busts into the security room, eliminating the four men occupying the room. He searches the name tags on their bodies until he finds ‘Francis’. He reaches into Francis’ pockets, retrieving both the chop and his keys.

Bond speaks into the microphone in his sleeve.
BOND: ‘Penny, are you at the elevator?
MONEYPENNY: Ready and waiting for you.

Bond joins Moneypenny at the elevator, which they access with the chop. They take the elevator down to the last floor.

TATIANA: Once inside, you’ll have to eliminate six guards. They patrol in three two-man teams, so you’ll need a second person with you in the vault…

Bond and Moneypenny sneak up behind the first pair of guards, snapping their necks in unison. The guards crumple to the floor, dead, as they make their way to the next pair, dispatching them in the same manner.

TATIANA: When you get to the computer, insert the two keys into the computer and turn them in unison.

Bond and Moneypenny dispatch the remaining two guards after which Bond hands her a key.

BOND: On my count. 3…2…1…

They turn the keys, causing the computer to light up.

TATIANA: Using the chop, download the information to this disk.

Bond inserts a disk into the computer. Once the progress bar reaches 95%, an alarm sounds.

MONEYPENNY: It sounds like we’re going to have some company.
BOND: Almost finished.

The progress bar reaches 100%, after which Bond rips the disk out of the computer and sprints for the elevator with Moneypenny following close behind.

The elevator doors spring open, revealing several armed men on the other side. Bond and Moneypenny launch themselves right into the middle of the pack to prevent them from opening fire, taking each of them down one at a time until there is a crumpled heap of people lying on the elevator floor.

BOND: We’re not going to be able to simply walk out the front door, I don’t think.
MONEYPENNY: Agreed. Where do we go?
TATIANA (through Bond’s earpiece): Head to the roof.

Bond presses the button for the roof as the elevator races towards the top of the building.

Once on the roof, Bond inquires as to what is next.

TATIANA: You won’t have much time, as the guards will be able to get up to the roof in a relatively short amount of time. The owner of the building is something of an adrenaline junkie. He has a couple of parachutes hidden behind one of the vents up there.

Bond searches behind all of the vents, not finding any parachutes, but instead a jetpack.

BOND: No parachutes, but I did find an interesting little toy here.

Bond puts on the jetpack and instructs Moneypenny to wrap her arms around him.

MONEYPENNY: With pleasure…

As Bond is about to fire up the jetpack, guards come spilling out of the elevator onto the roof, putting Bond and Moneypenny at gunpoint.

GUARD: Give it up.

BOND: Do you trust me?
MONEYPENNY: Yes.
BOND: Hang on tight.

Bond steps backwards over the edge of the building, putting him and Moneypenny into freefall as the guards look on, stunned. As they’re falling, Bond fires up the jetpack and uses it to fly to safety a block away.

Bond, Kerim Bey, Moneypenny, and Tatiana reconvene at the train station, where Bond hands Moneypenny a small envelope.

BOND: The two of you, protect this with your life.
MONEYPENNY: Do you want to know where we’re going.
BOND: I think that it’s best if I don’t. I’ll catch up with you in London. (to Kerim) Keep her safe.
KERIM BEY: Of course.

Bond and Tatiana board the Trans-Siberian Express.

Moneypenny and Kerim Bey watch as the two board the train. Cut to a shot of the train a few cars down as we see Donovan “Red” Grant boarding the train.

to be continued...

Edited by tdalton, 27 January 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#285 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Another well done segment, t. :) And you're right, I think we have enough of the rest of the story fleshed out that we can just anchor what terminus and dino have already written up to it and the story will be complete.

#286 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Another well done segment, t. :) And you're right, I think we have enough of the rest of the story fleshed out that we can just anchor what terminus and dino have already written up to it and the story will be complete.

Hopefully I'll have it all wrapped up here rather soon. As you said, the rest of it's pretty much there, so the only real challenge will be to flesh out the action scene between Bond and Grant aboard the train.

#287 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

PART 3:

LONDON

The phone on M’s desk buzzes. She hits the speaker button on the phone.

M: Yes?
VOICE: It’s Bill. The minister sent you a video file via email. You need to see it right away.

M brings the video up on her computer. It shows Bond in bed with Tatiana Romanova.

TANNER: The minister wants you to recall Bond from the field. They think that he’s turned and is now working with Quantum.
M: Rubbish. His mission was to get information out of this woman, one way or the other. I don’t care how he comes across the information.
TANNER: That may be, but that’s not how the suits upstairs see it.
M: I’m not recalling Bond. We’ll take care of this matter when he returns from Russia.

TRANS-SIBERIEN EXPRESS

Bond and Tatiana settle into their cabin. Tatiana wants to spend some time along with Bond, which Bond agrees to, but mentions that they will be having a meeting with a man by the name of Captain Nash after the train stops in Manzhouli.

MANZHOULI

When the train stops, we cut to a shot of the exterior of the train and see a man climb off the train. We don’t see his face, but we see him walking into the terminal. He spots a man in the crowd and follows him into the restroom. Once in there, the man we’re following closes and locks the door and proceeds to strangle the man he spotted in the crowd, leaving him dead in one of the stalls. He picks up the man’s briefcase and hat and heads back to the train.

TRANS-SIBERIAN EXPRESS

Meanwhile, on the train, Bond has already gotten out of bed and gotten dressed.

TATIANA: Where are you going?
BOND: I told you, I have a meeting with Nash. Get dressed. You’re coming too.

Tatiana gets dressed and about twenty minutes after the train has left the station in Manzhouli.

Bond gets a table for three in the train’s dining car, and the two wait for Captain Nash.

“Nash” arrives some time later. Bond greets him, offering him a seat.

GRANT: I understand you have some information you’d like me to return to London.
BOND: Yes, that is correct.

Bond reaches into his pocket, handing the man a disk, which he eagerly takes.

The three spend a while talking amongst themselves, sharing war stories and such. A waiter comes by to take their order. Bond and Tatiana submit their orders, but Bond notices something odd about Nash’s order. Nash orders red-wine and fish, something Bond knew the real Nash would never do.

BOND: An interesting combination you chose there.
GRANT: Why would you say that?
BOND: Red-wine and fish? From what I know about Captain Nash, he would never be so unsophisticated as to order something like that. Who are you?
GRANT: As you are not going to be leaving this train alive anyway, I may as well tell you. My name is Donovan Grant. My colleagues call me “Red”.
BOND: I’m sure they do.
GRANT: Now, Mr. Bond. Before you make any sudden moves, I want you to consider one thing. This train is crawling with Quantum agents. Some of the passengers on this train are innocent bystanders, which is unfortunate for them, but you will find that there are a good number of Quantum agents on board with you, eager to eliminate you once and for all. You can do this the hard way or you can do this the easy way. The hard way, you try to do something about your current predicament, such as escape or try to take out the entire platoon of Quantum agents currently on board, which will result in a very painful death.
BOND: What’s the other option?
GRANT: You can enjoy the rest of your journey aboard the train. Enjoy your last few moments with your girlfriend here. She’s of no use to us anymore since she showed you the truly valuable information. When you get off the train, Quantum agents will escort you to a secure facility where you will meet your demise. That probably won’t be as painful for you as I sincerely believe that you won’t find anyone within Quantum more committed to providing our enemies with the most painful death possible than myself.

Bond stands up from the table, motioning for Tatiana to follow him.

BOND: I see you’ve left me with little choice.
TATIANA: What are you doing?
GRANT: I’m glad to see you’ve chosen the sensible option, Mr. Bond. And also, thanks for the information.

Bond takes Tatiana back to their cabin.

TATIANA: So we’re just going to wait out the train ride and surrender in Beijing?
BOND: No. I have a plan.

Bond and Tatiana sit in their cabin for a while. She tells him about her upbringing and how she initially got involved with Quantum. After a while, there was a knock on the door. Bond opened the door and found himself face to face with Grant. Grant wasted no time, landing a punch in Bond’s face which knocked him back onto the bed.

GRANT: Did you think I wasn’t going to check the disk?
BOND: I was actually hoping that you would.
GRANT: Where is the real information?
BOND: To tell you the honest truth, I really don’t know.

Before Grant had a chance to respond, Bond leaped off the bed and attacked Grant, sending the two of them spilling out into the hallway. They continued their struggle down the hallway until they went crashing through the door and into the next car, which was the dining car. The innocent bystanders in the dining car began to rush out of the room, leaving only the Quantum agents, who drew their weapons.

Bond ducked behind the bar to take cover from the gunfire. Grant had made his way into the sea of agents so that he could direct the assault on Bond. Bond blindly returned fire over the top of the bar, hitting a couple of the Quantum agents as well as the windows and other objects around the car.

He reloaded his weapon and poked his head above the bar to survey the situation. There were still three Quantum agents plus Grant. Noting their locations, Bond quickly popped up, fired three rounds, killing the unidentified Quantum agents, leaving just him and Grant.

Grant exited the dining car, heading up towards the front of the train. Bond collected himself and began his pursuit of Grant.

Grant had made his way up the train two cars ahead of Bond. When Bond made his way to the car Grant was occupying, he was assaulted by Grant the moment he entered the car, causing Bond’s gun to fly out of his hand. The two struggled in the hallway before falling into a passenger cabin, alarming the occupants of the cabin, who fled the room. The two men exchanged blows for several minutes, with Grant sending Bond’s face smashing through the large window in the cabin, causing him to bleed rather profusely.

GRANT: I guess this is it, Mr. Bond.

Bond simply looked up at him, unsure of what was coming next. Grant retrieved his mobile phone from his pocket and pressed a button on it, turning it to show Bond the screen. Displayed on it was a countdown timer.

GRANT: You’ve got three minutes
BOND: ‘Til what?
GRANT: The train explodes.
BOND: So you’re going to kill yourself to get rid of me?
GRANT: Don’t be silly, Mr. Bond. I’ll find my way off. But thanks for the concern.

With that, Bond lunged at Grant, grabbing him by the throat and began trying to strangle him. He found that this was an unsuccessful way of attempting to dispatch his would-be assassin. He summoned every last bit of his strength and shoved Grant towards the shattered window. The two struggled some more before Bond was finally able to push Grant out the window, sending him to his death on the tracks below.

BOND: Happy to have been of serice.

Bond picked Grant’s phone up off the seat and saw that there was only 90 seconds left. He sprinted back to the cabin that he had left Tatiana in.

BOND: We need to get off the train now.
TATIANA: It’s still moving.
BOND: It won’t be for long. It’s set to explode in sixty seconds.

Bond led Tatiana to the end of the car and stepped outside to the small are that separated the two cars. There was a small, open platform that he crawled down to and helped her onto.

BOND: We have to jump. Remember, when you hit the ground, tuck and roll. It’ll keep the injuries to a minimum.

Tatiana nodded her understanding.

BOND: You first.

Tatiana jumped from the train, landing in the tall grass on the side of the tracks. Bond followed suit a moment later, hitting the ground and feeling a sharp pain run up his entire body.

A few seconds later, the train exploded into a large ball of flames, each car detonating separately as it came off the tracks and crumpled into a massive heap of metal some distance from where Bond and Tatiana had landed. Bond made his way towards Tatiana, cradling her in his arms for a few moments as they surveyed themselves for potentially serious injuries.

TATIANA: What now?
BOND: It’s a nice night for a walk.

The two began walking, in search of some form of civilization. They eventually stumbled across a small, seemingly deserted town. Bond found an old car and proceeded to hotwire it. The two then began to make their way south towards Beijing.

to be continued...

#288 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

That was some of your best dialogue yet, t. :) I do like the changes you made to the Bond/Grant encounter. It would be hard to top the original, but you added a new dimension to it that lets it stand on its own legs. Fantastic work. :tup:

#289 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

Um... why is it all in past-tense? That's a bit confusing. :S

Also, is it all right if I tweak the final sequence, a bit? Here's my input:

M, Tanner, and Bond are going over the information on a giant interactive screen, similar to the one seen in the briefing in QOS. They come across 11 files on personnel. Bond immediately recognizes Rosa Klebb and Mr. White. Tanner notes that there was a 12th file but it has been deleted.

Studying White's dossier further, they come across his list of aliases and bank accounts. Investigating them, they discover that White flew into London yesterday under a false passport, and has reserved a ticket for tonight's Last of the Proms performance at the Albert Hall.

M checks her watch: "That ends in thirty minutes." Bond is out the door before she has even finished speaking. Outside, tires squeal as Bond's Aston Martin races away from MI6 HQ.

THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

WHITE: "You're late. Where are the others?"
BLOFELD: "They won't be joining us."

Blofeld drops a set of photographs in White's lap, subtly brushing his hand into the other's jacket as White looks over the photos. They are of bodies; the Quantum members we saw at the beginning of the film, now all dead in various locations.

BLOFELD: "Prior engagements, you know."
WHITE: "You did this?"
BLOFELD: "Actually, I can't take all the credit. Bond and the girl took care of dear Rosa before I could. I ought to thank him, for that."

White's face is pale with shock:

WHITE: "Why?"
BLOFELD: "It had to be done. MI6 has everything on Quantum. I should know; I gave it to them."

WHITE: "What the hell have you done?"
BLOFELD: "Cleaning house. Quantum was finished the moment they tried to outsmart MI6. I won't be making the same mistake."

Blofeld pauses, and looks into White's eyes. They're ice cold. He sees White slowly reach into his jacket, all the while continuing to talk, as the finale of the 1812 overture begins:

BLOFELD: "Now, what about you? We can make a fresh start, you and I, launching a new venture. We still have the resources and contacts, and I could use your expertise."

Cut to Bond zooming through a red light as agitated drivers honk at him from all directions.

BLOFELD: "Quantum was short-sighted and their concerns were petty; I have a much bolder plan in mind. Are you with me?"

The hidden gun bulging out of his jacket now, White shoots; there is only a click. Blofeld smiles and opens his hand; inside is the clip from White's gun, and the bullets within fall to the floor in a clatter. He shakes his head:

BLOFELD: "I always thought you'd be better than that."

He lunges at White.

Cut to Bond approaching a busy roundabout; rather than merge into the traffic, he accelerates and speeds straight over it, as the Albert Hall can be seen in the distance.

Blofeld stuffs a small white pill between White's lips and holds his mouth shut as White struggles. A stray elbow knocks something out of Blofeld's inner pocket, but within seconds, White lies still, foaming at the mouth. Blofeld gently lays White's corpse onto the floor, then gets up and leaves without looking back. The finale continues.

Outside, the Aston Martin screeches to a halt in front of the Hall. Bond races up the steps to the main entrance. As he charges through the front door, he almost bumps into Blofeld coming out.

BOND: "Excuse me."
BLOFELD: "Terribly sorry."

The two men go their separate ways. Inside, Bond vaults up the stairs. Blofeld looks up the stairs behind him, clearing having recognized Bond's face. He contemplates this, for a moment, and moves on.

Bond bursts into the private box, gun drawn, only to see White's corpse on the floor. He checks for a pulse; there's none. A foot or so away, there's a small white card. He picks it up; it's the one that fell out of Blofeld's pocket. A small raised image of an death's-head octopus in a circle, with the name "E. Stavro Blofeld" and the name of a shipping company on the back.

Bond pauses for a second as the concert ends and the audience applauses. He looks at the empty seat next to White, the empty clip and unused bullets on the floor, and rushes back out.

Crowds are now pouring out of the hall as Bond pushes his way through the lobby. As he bursts out of the entrance, he looks all around. The stranger he passed on the way in is nowhere to be seen. As he stands on the steps of the Royal Albert Hall, crowds pass by all around him. The camera pulls back further and further until Bond melts into the throng of people.

We cut to black, and familiar horns blare as

THE END OF

FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE

shows on the screen...

BUT JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN:

GOLDFINGER

#290 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

Bond bursts into the private box, gun drawn, only to see White's corpse on the floor. He checks for a pulse; there's none. A foot or so away, there's a small white card. He picks it up; it's the one that fell out of Blofeld's pocket. A small raised image of an death's-head octopus in a circle, with the name "E. Stavro Blofeld" and the name of a shipping company on the back.

Hmm I'm not so sure there should be such an obvious clue left behind. Did you have something particular in mind for this shipping company in the next film(s)?

#291 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

Hmm I'm not so sure there should be such an obvious clue left behind. Did you have something particular in mind for this shipping company in the next film(s)?

It'd be a cover operation in London; one of the many left over from Quantum that Blofeld snaps up for his SPECTRE shell companies and fronts.

#292 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

As for the tense in which I'm writing, it does seem as though I switched back into a past-tense somewhere in there. I'm not used to writing much in the present tense and I guess went to it when I got going on the train sequence (and it may be possible I switched in other places as well). If tense issues are the only complaints that I'm getting (so far, anyway) then I'm fairly happy with it then.

I have to agree with dino in saying that I don't think that leaving such an obvious clue behind would be something that would be the way to go, nor do I think that Blofeld would be careless enough to allow something like that to happen.

EDIT: I know that I've kept everyone waiting for probably a while too long with this, but I'm almost done, I promise. Just have to get the Beijing sequence done (shouldn't take long, as I kind of see it as being somewhat similar to Venice in CR in terms of length) and then tack dino's ending onto it and that should be that.

Edited by tdalton, 28 January 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#293 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:50 AM

OK, here's the whole thing completed (hopefully). I've added dino's end scene posted earlier in the thread to the end of it, along with the Beijing sequence.

Fade In

MOROCCO

We open up the film on a shot of Morocco lit up at night. Cutting to a park, we see a man walking away from the camera, dressed in a black overcoat. He walks briskly away for a few moments before looking over his shoulder, revealing to the audience that it is James Bond (Daniel Craig). He turns back around and keeps walking as we see a silhouette emerge from the darkness. When the figure steps into the light, we see a large, dark-haired, cruel-looking man traveling the same path as Bond.

Bond turns and sees the man following him. He looks for a place to escape to, eventually finding his way down into the El Jadida cistern. He makes his way through the structure until he reaches a circular shaped room which is dark along the edges but lit up in the middle, featuring several columns throughout the room. He steps into the room, finding himself standing in ankle-deep water, which reflects the ceiling of the structure onto the floor.

He trudges through the water towards the center of the room. He turns around to survey his surroundings, and finds the man standing behind him. Bond tries to throw a punch, which is dodged by the man, who knocks him back into one of the columns, causing it to crumble a bit. The two exchange blows for a few minutes before the man lands a few consecutive blows on Bond, knocking him to the ground in bloody heap. The man flips Bond over and holds his face under the water, drowning him.

A red-haired woman emerges from the darkness, stepping into the middle of the room where the light is.

KLEBB: Very good, Comrade Grant.

The man, who we now know is Donovan “Red” Grant only nods his acknowledgment. He turns to walk out of the room.

KLEBB: We’ll be in touch when it’s time to begin the mission.

Klebb reaches down to Bond’s neck, pulling at a small flap of what appears to be skin. It’s in fact a rubber mask, which she pulls off the body to reveal that the deceased is in fact not James Bond.

Fade into title sequence with song performed by PLAN B

Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions Presents

Daniel Craig

as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007

in

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Starring:

Katheryn Winnick
Tilda Swinton

Charles Mesure
Jesper Christensen
Nestor Carbonell

Pedro Armandariz, Jr.
Rory Kinnear
Anna Friel

with

Peter Serafinowicz
Jeffrey Wright

and

Judi Dench as ‘M’

Written by
Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, and John Logan

Directed by
Sam Mendes

End of Credit Sequence

ISTANBUL

Bond arrives in Istanbul and is met at the airport by Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright).

FELIX: Something big is about to go down, James.
BOND: Any leads?
FELIX: We’ve been tracking a man by the name of Krilencu, but he’s gone off grid. He has an associate by the name of Krimmler who has offices downtown. We’ve got men en route that location now.
BOND: Let’s go check it out.

Bond and Felix race over to Krimmler’s offices, arriving at about the same time as the rest of the cavalry. Bond and Felix storm into the building, demanding the receptionist to tell them which office is Krimmler’s. She initially refuses but gives up the information when she sees the small army behind them coming into the building.

Krimmler’s offices are on the fifth floor. Felix kicks in the door and he and Bond storm into the offices, only to find them empty. On the walls there are photographs and maps of the city, with circles drawn around them to indicate what appeared to be a blast radius.

FELIX: Does this mean what I think it means?
BOND: Yes. Krilencu has a nuke in the city. Judging from these blast radius’ calculations, it doesn’t appear to be of military grade, but it’s still going to be a major disaster nonetheless.

Cut to a shot of a man (Nestor Carbonell) standing on the edge of what appears to be a canal. His exact location is not known. He looks at his mobile phone, which displays a countdown. Time is running out.

Bond and Felix manage to get the building’ receptionist to give them Krimmler’s location. They exit the building quickly. After they leave, we see the woman pick up her mobile phone.

RECEPTIONIST: They’ve taken the bait. They’re running around in circles as we speak.

The receptionists’ tip leads them to another office building on the other side of the city. When they arrive, there are clear signs of a struggle. Furniture is overturned, dents in the walls, etc.

They make their way into yet another office and find a body slumped over in a chair behind a desk.

BOND: Is that him?
FELIX: Yes.
BOND: Cause of death would appear to be strangulation.

Bond searches Krimmler’s body, and in his pocket finds a small electronic device which features a countdown. There are only ten seconds left.

Bond shows the timer to Felix.

BOND: Well, it’s been nice knowing you.

The timer runs out. After a few more seconds of nothing happening, Bond looks out the window. Either the bomb was a dud or it was all a hoax.

BOND: So this was all an elaborate hoax.
FELIX: It would appear to be that way.
BOND: Why go through all the trouble to plan this out and not have anything happen. The only reason to do that would be…
FELIX: To draw attention away from the real target.

They begin ransacking the office, eventually finding a ledger. Inside were extensive details on explosives, of the non-nuclear variety, and maps of the Suez Canal. There was also a plane ticket stuck inside that was supposed to have been used earlier in the day.

FELIX: It looks like the Suez Canal is the real target.
BOND: How long until we can get down there?
FELIX: We can have a chopper ready in twenty minutes.

Cut to another shot of the man (Nestor Carbonell), now standing in a tower looking out over what we now know to be the Suez Canal. He’s now dressed in a military uniform, holding the same countdown timer. Time is almost up.

We cut back to a shot of a chopper landing. A title card indicates to us that we are at Port Said.

Bond, Felix, and other agents exit the chopper and begin sprinting towards the military installation. An officer comes out to greet them. Bond and Felix inform them of the situation, which causes the military personnel present at the port to begin mobilizing.

BOND: Do we know what Krilencu looks like?
FELIX: Yes, we have a photograph of him.
BOND: Let’s get that out over the air. Maybe someone has seen him.

The military officer looks at the picture.

OFFICER: I know that man. He came in last night. He’s with the Russian military sent to oversee the delivery of some very important cargo.
FELIX: No, he’s a terrorist. Do you know where we can find him.
OFFICER: The last I saw of him, he was up in the tower.

The officer points towards a tower looming off in the distance at the other end of the port.

They reach the observation room at the top of the tower. Without even turning around, Krilencu speaks to them.

KRILENCU: You’re too late, gentlemen.
BOND: Stop the attack.
KRILENCU: Or what?
BOND: I think you know.
KRILENCU: You don’t scare me. Besides, I think you’ll find that there’s no time left.

Krilencu tosses the countdown timer he has been holding to Bond. Bond looks at it, and watches the final two seconds tick off the clock.

Cut to shots of the Suez Canal lighting up in a blaze, as though the entire waterway is on fire.

KRILENCU: The global economy just took a big hit, as did the confidence of the global community in their leaders to protect them. This has been a very significant victory.

Bond had no response other than to draw his weapon and place a bullet right between Krilencu’s eyes.

Fade to black

Fade In

Two men step into an elevator. One of them, our old friend MR.WHITE. The other is a younger, tall, well-dressed man. As the elevator ascends :

Mr.White : Remember, when we get in there, don't say anything, you don't want to appear arrogant. Just listen and get the feel of how these gatherings work.

Man : Of course. I do want to thank you again for this opportunity.

Mr. White : If we're being honest, I'm not sure you're entirely ready; but it seems an empty seat came up, and it must be filled at short notice, and your work on the incident at the Suez Canal really caught the attention of the others. I'm sticking my neck out for you here, don't make me regret it. Just tell me you'll do your best.

Man : I will do my best, Mr. White.

The elevator arrives at its destination and they step out.

SIX heavily armed security guards lead them through a bio-scanner. White walks with a noticeable limp. After they pass through, they enter a circular room with unusual long, open windows all along one curved side.

In the center of a room, a round table with twelve chairs, ten of which are filled by a diverse mix of white, black, Asian, and latino men and women. Mr. White sits down, offering the other chair to his companion.

A tall woman in a business suit, ROSA KLEBB, speaks.

Klebb : Good, we can finally start. Our first order of business is to introduce our newest friend, I think?

Mr White stands : Ladies, Gentlemen. As you know, our associate Dr.No recently met with a terrible accident, and I am here to nominate his replacement. You all know my friend's achievements - he was responsible for QUANTUM gaining valuable footholds during the recent unpleasantaries in South Ossetia, Tunisia, and Somalia. I think he will quickly prove to be a valuable member of our council. Please welcome our newest member, Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Blofeld stands, the group nods in approval.

Klebb : Thank you Mr. Blofeld. Now to our main order of business. As you all remember, myself and Mr. Kronsteen had been devising a plan to rid ourselves of a certain thorn in our side, namely the British agent James Bond. I am happy to report I have field tested the right man for the job at our Istanbul facility, and I have found the right female agent from our ranks in Moscow, a Miss Tatiana Romanava. We will draw MI6 into the trap, and kill the man responsible for sabotaging several of our operations.

HASHIMOTO, a Japanese business type, butts in - What makes you think you can fool MI6?

Klebb : We can't. They are no fools. But if we tempt them with the right bait, they will have no choice but to take a risk.

Hashimoto : And what is the bait?

White : Us. Miss Romanava will inform MI6 she has valuable inside information on QUANTUM. I have been face to face with their head, M. I can personally guarantee she won't be able to resist even the slightest opportunity to get closer to us. And to do that, she will send Bond.

The group murmurs in approval.

Klebb : All in favor?

Almost everyone responds 'yay', until :

Blofeld : Nay.

Klebb : Excuse me, Mr...Blofeld, is it?

Blofeld : It is. And I don't think it's too wise to risk exposing our operations just for the sake of disposing of one lowly British agent.

Klebb : As you're new here, I assume you're not aware of the significance of this lowly agent to us. This one man has single handedly managed to undermine several of our recent operations, in Venice, Bolivia, and just recently was responsible for the death of one of our own, as well as causing significant financial losses to our organization. He must be gotten rid of.

Blofeld : But I have another plan of my own to recoup our losses. An associate of mine has been looking at Fort Knox recently and...

Klebb : Mr. Blofeld. The majority have voted. The plan is in motion and this meeting is adjourned. You all have your assignments. When we have Mr. Bond in our grasp...let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one.

Klebb, and various other members of the group stand and leave. Blofeld moves to a window, White glaring at him.

White : I told you not to speak. What the hell were you thinking? You've embarrassed me, you know.

Blofeld : We're better than this. Going after one British civil servant is a waste of time. If you'd listen to my ideas, I could improve QUANTUM's standings significantly.

White : You'll get your turn. Just show them you can do the job, then, when you've proven yourself, you'll get a chance to put your own ideas in.

White leaves the room as Blofeld continues to look out of the window.

Outside, we pull back from the curiously green-tinged window area to reveal a giant head - Blofeld is looking out from inside the head of the Statue of Liberty!

LONDON

Bond sits in M’s office silently as she unleashes her wrath on him for his failure in Istanbul and his inability to stop the attack on the Suez Canal.

BOND: If I may, in my own defense, say that this was a project led by the Americans.
M: Yes, but while you and your pal Felix were sightseeing around Istanbul, Krilencu was busy planting several tons of explosives all along the Suez Canal. I don’t pay you to sightsee while terrorists are at work now do I? I pay you for results.
BOND: Point taken.
M: I don’t think that you quite get it, but that’s for another day. We have more pressing issues. I had thought that we were getting ahead of these Quantum bastards once and for all, but your shortcomings prove that there is still more work to be done in that area. We received a message from a woman named Tatiana Romanova, a Russian business woman who works for Quantum out of Moscow. She claims to have vital information about Quantum interests around the globe, including information about the people who head-up the organization.
BOND: Surely this is a trap. If she had that kind of information, why just volunteer to give it up.
M: Oh, it’s most certainly a trap, but if there’s any possibility of getting our hands on this kind of information, we simply must go for it. There’s one more thing. She will only hand over the information if you go to Moscow personally to bring her in.
BOND: Why me?
M: Apparently she’s seen a photograph of you and has fallen in love.
BOND: She fell in love with a photograph?
M: A sign of the paparazzi-driven culture we live in, no doubt. Still, you’ll leave for Moscow tonight, where you’ll meet our man there, Ali Kerim Bey.
BOND: What if I don’t rise to her expectations?
M: Just be damn well sure you don’t.

MOSCOW

Bond exits the plane in Moscow and is met by a beautiful woman in the airport terminal. She introduces herself as Jane Moneypenny.

MONEYPENNY: Kerim Bey has asked that I bring you to the safehouse immediately.
BOND: Well, I wouldn’t want to keep him waiting.

Moneypenny leads Bond to her car. She drives him to the safehouse. During the drive, Bond notices that they are being followed. Moneypenny explains to him that this is common in Russia, that both sides follow each other knowingly.

She introduces him to Kerim Bey when they arrive at the safehouse. Bey offers Bond coffee, which the two men enjoy while Bey briefs Bond on everything he knows about Tatiana Romanova, which wasn’t much. Bey informs Bond that Tatiana wants to meet him the next afternoon, and has designated an abandoned church beyond the city limits of Moscow as the meeting place.

Bond arrives at the church, sitting outside waiting for Tatiana. She never shows, but a group of thugs eventually make their way up to Bond, attempting to kill him. Bond dispatches the entire group, save for their leader, who flees the scene.

Back at the safehouse, Bond gives Kerim Bey a description of the man. Kerim Bey informs Bond that the man’s name is Kronsteen. Bond decides he wants to track the man down, which Kerim Bey agrees to help him do, as he knows a location at which Kronsteen can be found.

Kerim Bey takes Bond to Kronsteen’s location, and rundown apartment complex on the outskirts of Moscow. They make their way into the building only to find Kronsteen dead, strangled in a similar fashion to the way that Krimmler had been in Istanbul. Pinned to his chest is a note that states that the information that Tatiana is set to give Bond is useless.

Bond makes his way to his hotel room and finds a beautiful woman in his bed. She introduces herself as Tatiana Romanova (Katheryn Winnick).

BOND: So you’re Tatiana Romanova.
TATIANA: You look just like the photograph.
BOND: I understand you have some information for me?
TATIANA: In the morning.

Bond and Tatiana make love. The camera pans towards the wall behind the bed and we see that there are two people standing on the other side of the wall, filming Bond and Tatiana through a two-way mirror. One of the people is Rosa Klebb, the other is Grant.

The next day, Bond takes Tatiana to the safehouse to meet Kerim Bey. They confront her about whether or not the information she is set to give them is genuine. She assures them that the information is good, but when they show her a picture of Kronsteen’s deceased body and inform her that the same fate awaits her at the hands of Quantum, she is persuaded to give up the fact that the information isn’t good. Bond instructs her to give him the location of the Quantum safehouse so that he can break-in and steal some genuinely useful information. Bond tells Tatiana that he will make a trade for the information, in return granting Tatiana a genuine safe passage back to London so that she can be free of the Quantum organization. Tatiana accepts Bond’s proposal and gives up the location of the Quantum safehouse.

Back in the MI6 safehouse, Bond, Moneypenny, Kerim Bey, and Tatiana sit around a table as Tatiana begins to explain what will need to be done to get the information that MI6 seeks.

TATIANA: The first thing that we will need to do is acquire the “chop” that is needed to access the files in the computer. You will also need to get the keys to the computer as well, as the computer needs two keys to be turned simultaneously in order to power it up. The computer itself is located deep underground, accessible only by a special elevator that requires the chop to open…

As she is saying this, we are shown footage of Bond sneaking into a large office building, presumably in downtown Moscow. He’s dressed in all black, carrying a silenced Walther pistol at the ready. Once inside, he dispatches two guards instantly, making his way to the security room.

TATIANA: The chop and keys can be found in the main security room on the first floor below the lobby. A man named Francis keeps them on his person at all times…

Bond busts into the security room, eliminating the four men occupying the room. He searches the name tags on their bodies until he finds ‘Francis’. He reaches into Francis’ pockets, retrieving both the chop and his keys.

Bond speaks into the microphone in his sleeve.
BOND: ‘Penny, are you at the elevator?
MONEYPENNY: Ready and waiting for you.

Bond joins Moneypenny at the elevator, which they access with the chop. They take the elevator down to the last floor.

TATIANA: Once inside, you’ll have to eliminate six guards. They patrol in three two-man teams, so you’ll need a second person with you in the vault…

Bond and Moneypenny sneak up behind the first pair of guards, snapping their necks in unison. The guards crumple to the floor, dead, as they make their way to the next pair, dispatching them in the same manner.

TATIANA: When you get to the computer, insert the two keys into the computer and turn them in unison.

Bond and Moneypenny dispatch the remaining two guards after which Bond hands her a key.

BOND: On my count. 3…2…1…

They turn the keys, causing the computer to light up.

TATIANA: Using the chop, download the information to this disk.

Bond inserts a disk into the computer. Once the progress bar reaches 95%, an alarm sounds.

MONEYPENNY: It sounds like we’re going to have some company.
BOND: Almost finished.

The progress bar reaches 100%, after which Bond rips the disk out of the computer and sprints for the elevator with Moneypenny following close behind.

The elevator doors spring open, revealing several armed men on the other side. Bond and Moneypenny launch themselves right into the middle of the pack to prevent them from opening fire, taking each of them down one at a time until there is a crumpled heap of people lying on the elevator floor.

BOND: We’re not going to be able to simply walk out the front door, I don’t think.
MONEYPENNY: Agreed. Where do we go?
TATIANA (through Bond’s earpiece): Head to the roof.

Bond presses the button for the roof as the elevator races towards the top of the building.

Once on the roof, Bond inquires as to what is next.

TATIANA: You won’t have much time, as the guards will be able to get up to the roof in a relatively short amount of time. The owner of the building is something of an adrenaline junkie. He has a couple of parachutes hidden behind one of the vents up there.

Bond searches behind all of the vents, not finding any parachutes, but instead a jetpack.

BOND: No parachutes, but I did find an interesting little toy here.

Bond puts on the jetpack and instructs Moneypenny to wrap her arms around him.

MONEYPENNY: With pleasure…

As Bond is about to fire up the jetpack, guards come spilling out of the elevator onto the roof, putting Bond and Moneypenny at gunpoint.

GUARD: Give it up.

BOND: Do you trust me?
MONEYPENNY: Yes.
BOND: Hang on tight.

Bond steps backwards over the edge of the building, putting him and Moneypenny into freefall as the guards look on, stunned. As they’re falling, Bond fires up the jetpack and uses it to fly to safety a block away.

Bond, Kerim Bey, Moneypenny, and Tatiana reconvene at the train station, where Bond hands Moneypenny a small envelope.

BOND: The two of you, protect this with your life.
MONEYPENNY: Do you want to know where we’re going.
BOND: I think that it’s best if I don’t. I’ll catch up with you in London. (to Kerim) Keep her safe.
KERIM BEY: Of course.

Bond and Tatiana board the Trans-Siberian Express.

Moneypenny and Kerim Bey watch as the two board the train. Cut to a shot of the train a few cars down as we see Donovan “Red” Grant boarding the train.

LONDON

The phone on M’s desk buzzes. She hits the speaker button on the phone.

M: Yes?
VOICE: It’s Bill. The minister sent you a video file via email. You need to see it right away.

M brings the video up on her computer. It shows Bond in bed with Tatiana Romanova.

TANNER: The minister wants you to recall Bond from the field. They think that he’s turned and is now working with Quantum.
M: Rubbish. His mission was to get information out of this woman, one way or the other. I don’t care how he comes across the information.
TANNER: That may be, but that’s not how the suits upstairs see it.
M: I’m not recalling Bond. We’ll take care of this matter when he returns from Russia.

TRANS-SIBERIEN EXPRESS

Bond and Tatiana settle into their cabin. Tatiana wants to spend some time along with Bond, which Bond agrees to, but mentions that they will be having a meeting with a man by the name of Captain Nash after the train stops in Manzhouli.

MANZHOULI

When the train stops, we cut to a shot of the exterior of the train and see a man climb off the train. We don’t see his face, but we see him walking into the terminal. He spots a man in the crowd and follows him into the restroom. Once in there, the man we’re following closes and locks the door and proceeds to strangle the man he spotted in the crowd, leaving him dead in one of the stalls. He picks up the man’s briefcase and hat and heads back to the train.

TRANS-SIBERIAN EXPRESS

Meanwhile, on the train, Bond has already gotten out of bed and gotten dressed.

TATIANA: Where are you going?
BOND: I told you, I have a meeting with Nash. Get dressed. You’re coming too.

Tatiana gets dressed and about twenty minutes after the train has left the station in Manzhouli.

Bond gets a table for three in the train’s dining car, and the two wait for Captain Nash.

“Nash” arrives some time later. Bond greets him, offering him a seat.

GRANT: I understand you have some information you’d like me to return to London.
BOND: Yes, that is correct.

Bond reaches into his pocket, handing the man a disk, which he eagerly takes.

The three spend a while talking amongst themselves, sharing war stories and such. A waiter comes by to take their order. Bond and Tatiana submit their orders, but Bond notices something odd about Nash’s order. Nash orders red-wine and fish, something Bond knew the real Nash would never do.

BOND: An interesting combination you chose there.
GRANT: Why would you say that?
BOND: Red-wine and fish? From what I know about Captain Nash, he would never be so unsophisticated as to order something like that. Who are you?
GRANT: As you are not going to be leaving this train alive anyway, I may as well tell you. My name is Donovan Grant. My colleagues call me “Red”.
BOND: I’m sure they do.
GRANT: Now, Mr. Bond. Before you make any sudden moves, I want you to consider one thing. This train is crawling with Quantum agents. Some of the passengers on this train are innocent bystanders, which is unfortunate for them, but you will find that there are a good number of Quantum agents on board with you, eager to eliminate you once and for all. You can do this the hard way or you can do this the easy way. The hard way, you try to do something about your current predicament, such as escape or try to take out the entire platoon of Quantum agents currently on board, which will result in a very painful death.
BOND: What’s the other option?
GRANT: You can enjoy the rest of your journey aboard the train. Enjoy your last few moments with your girlfriend here. She’s of no use to us anymore since she showed you the truly valuable information. When you get off the train, Quantum agents will escort you to a secure facility where you will meet your demise. That probably won’t be as painful for you as I sincerely believe that you won’t find anyone within Quantum more committed to providing our enemies with the most painful death possible than myself.

Bond stands up from the table, motioning for Tatiana to follow him.

BOND: I see you’ve left me with little choice.
TATIANA: What are you doing?
GRANT: I’m glad to see you’ve chosen the sensible option, Mr. Bond. And also, thanks for the information.

Bond takes Tatiana back to their cabin.

TATIANA: So we’re just going to wait out the train ride and surrender in Beijing?
BOND: No. I have a plan.

Bond and Tatiana sit in their cabin for a while. She tells him about her upbringing and how she initially got involved with Quantum. After a while, there is a knock on the door. Bond opens the door and finds himself face to face with Grant. Grant wastes no time, landing a punch in Bond’s face which knocks him back onto the bed.

GRANT: Did you think I wasn’t going to check the disk?
BOND: I was actually hoping that you would.
GRANT: Where is the real information?
BOND: To tell you the honest truth, I really don’t know.

Before Grant has a chance to respond, Bond leaps off the bed and attacks Grant, sending the two of them spilling out into the hallway. They continue their struggle down the hallway until they crash through the door and into the next car, which was the dining car. The innocent bystanders in the dining car begin to rush out of the room, leaving only the Quantum agents, who draw their weapons.

Bond ducks behind the bar to take cover from the gunfire. Grant has made his way into the sea of agents so that he could direct the assault on Bond. Bond blindly returns fire over the top of the bar, hitting a couple of the Quantum agents as well as the windows and other objects around the car.

He reloads his weapon and pokes his head above the bar to survey the situation. There are still three Quantum agents plus Grant. Noting their locations, Bond quickly pops up, firing three rounds, killing the unidentified Quantum agents, leaving just him and Grant.

Grant exits the dining car, heading up towards the front of the train. Bond collects himself and begins his pursuit of Grant.

Grant makes his way up the train two cars ahead of Bond. When Bond makes his way to the car Grant is occupying, he is assaulted by Grant the moment he enters the car, causing Bond’s gun to fly out of his hand. The two struggle in the hallway before falling into a passenger cabin, alarming the occupants of the cabin, who flee the room. The two men exchange blows for several minutes, with Grant sending Bond’s face smashing through the large window in the cabin, causing him to bleed rather profusely.

GRANT: I guess this is it, Mr. Bond.

Bond simply looks up at him, unsure of what is coming next. Grant retrieves his mobile phone from his pocket and presses a button on it, turning it to show Bond the screen. Displayed on it was a countdown timer.

GRANT: You’ve got three minutes
BOND: ‘Til what?
GRANT: The train explodes.
BOND: So you’re going to kill yourself to get rid of me?
GRANT: Don’t be silly, Mr. Bond. I’ll find my way off. But thanks for the concern.

With that, Bond lunges at Grant, grabbing him by the throat and begins to try to strangle him. He findsthat this was an unsuccessful way of attempting to dispatch his would-be assassin. He summons every last bit of his strength and shoves Grant towards the shattered window. The two struggle some more before Bond is finally able to push Grant out the window, sending him to his death on the tracks below.

BOND: Happy to have been of serice.

Bond picks Grant’s phone up off the seat and sees that there are only 90 seconds left. He sprints back to the cabin that he had left Tatiana in.

BOND: We need to get off the train now.
TATIANA: It’s still moving.
BOND: It won’t be for long. It’s set to explode in sixty seconds.

Bond leads Tatiana to the end of the car and stepps outside to the small are that separated the two cars. There is a small, open platform that he crawls down to and helps her onto.

BOND: We have to jump. Remember, when you hit the ground, tuck and roll. It’ll keep the injuries to a minimum.

Tatiana nods her understanding.

BOND: You first.

Tatiana jumps from the train, landing in the tall grass on the side of the tracks. Bond followssuit a moment later, hitting the ground and feeling a sharp pain run up his entire body.

A few seconds later, the train explodes into a large ball of flames, each car detonating separately as it came off the tracks and crumpled into a massive heap of metal some distance from where Bond and Tatiana had landed. Bond makes his way towards Tatiana, cradling her in his arms for a few moments as they surveyed themselves for potentially serious injuries.

TATIANA: What now?
BOND: It’s a nice night for a walk.

The two begin walking, in search of some form of civilization. They eventually stumble across a small, seemingly deserted town. Bond finds an old car and hotwires it. The two then begin to make their way south towards Beijing.

BEIJING

Bond steps out onto the balcony of his hotel room, taking in the sights of the city while Tatiana remains asleep in bed. His mobile phone rings.

M: Did you retrieve the intelligence?
BOND: Yes. Kerim Bey and Moneypenny have it in their possession. I’m going to meet back up with them in London.
M: Very good. There’s another matter that we need to address. I’m sending you a video now.

Bond brings the video file up on his phone, shocked to see that it is of himself and Tatiana in their hotel room back in Moscow.

BOND: What is this?
M: I think you know what it is.
BOND: It must have been Grant.
M: Regardless, the minister, despite my strenuous objections, has decided to launch a full investigation into your activities in Moscow. They believe that you’ve gone to the other side.
BOND: I guess the only way to clear myself is to bring the girl back with me, for her to join our side.
M: That would be correct.
BOND: Shouldn’t be difficult. She’s already agreed to do so. It’s just a matter of keeping her alive until then.

Later in the afternoon, Bond and Tatiana are out sightseeing in the city. Tatiana had never been to Beijing and was taking it all in. Bond was growing quite weary of it himself, but did not want to give her any reason to become angry with him and decide not to return with him to London.

As they are walking along the Hai River, Bond notices that they are being followed. First it’s just one man, then another appears, and another until there are four men trailing them. Bond picks up the pace, grabbing Tatiana by the hand before beginning to sprint down a dock towards the water. He puts Tatiana into the boat before jumping in and starting it, speeding off down the river.

Bond can hear the men behind him yelling at each other as more join them. The next time Bond turns around, he sees four boats full of Quantum agents speeding down the river after him.

He tells Tatiana to take refuge on the floor of the boat so that the gunfire can’t reach her. He swerves the boat to avoid the gunfire until he realizes that the boats are catching up to him.

BOND: I’m going to need you to steer the boat.
TATIANA: Why?
BOND: Just do it.

Once Tatiana takes the wheel of the boat, one of the boats has caught up to them and is right beside them. Bond leaps into the other boat, stabbing one of the agents in the neck with his knife before taking on the remaining two in hand-to-hand combat. He flings one of them over the side of the boat and kills the other with a blow to the neck.

Bond turns around and sees that the second boat has caught up with Tatiana’s and that an agent has boarded her boat. He pulls his pistol out, shooting the agent dead before jumping back to Tatiana’s boat. He shoots both remaining agents on the other boat before turning his attention to Tatiana, who is shaken but still managing to steer the boat at a relatively high speed.

BOND: Are you okay.
TATIANA: I think so. Is that all of them.
BOND: No, there are two more boats.

Bond takes back control of the boat, instructing Tatiana to open a hatch on the floor of the boat. She does and finds several gas cans. Bond tells her to hand him one, which she does.

Bond gives control of the boat back to Tatiana and turns towards the back of the boat to see the two remaining boats gaining on him. He flings the gas can into the air between the two boats, pulling out his pistol and shooting it before it hits the water, causing an explosion which engulfs the two remaining boats in flames.

Once they are a safe distance away from the explosion, Bond slows down the boat.

BOND: Have you seen enough of the sights?
TATIANA: I think so.

They return to their hotel room and begin preparing for a return to London. There is a knock at the door. Bond instructs Tatiana to answer it, which she does, to find Rosa Klebb standing on the other side dressed in a maid’s uniform. Klebb silently instructs Tatiana not to acknowledge her as she enters the room.

Bond courteously greets Klebb, who he thinks to be a real maid, and returns to packing his bags. He hears the sound of a gun cocking and turns to find Klebb pointing one at him.

BOND: I didn’t think that changing linens was that dangerous of a job.
KLEBB: Don’t worry, Mr. Bond. This is only a tranquilizer gun. We’ve got something much more painful than a gunshot wound to the head waiting for you after what you did to Comrade Grant. Now, Miss Romanova, would you so kindly retrieve the disk containing our secrets from Mr. Bond and help me carry him out of here.
Bond looks angrily at Tatiana, who looks down at the floor sheepishly.

TATIANA: He doesn’t have the disk.
KLEBB: What do you mean he doesn’t have it.

Klebb takes a moment to process that information.

KLEBB: Well, that’s too bad for you then.

Klebb shoots a dart into Bond’s neck, rendering him unconscious on the floor.

KLEBB: Now help me get him out of here.
TATIANA: No.
KLEBB: What?
TATIANA: I know that you’re planning to kill me once I’ve fulfilled my mission.
KLEBB: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Tatiana doesn’t give her time to answer, instead opting to throw herself at Klebb. The two engage in a fierce bout of hand-to-hand combat before Tatiana finally overpowers Klebb, killing her.

She waits a few hours for Bond to regain consciousness. When he does, he sees Klebb’s body on the floor.

BOND: I see you made the right decision.
TATIANA: I’m glad to see that you approve.
BOND: Let’s get out of here.

LONDON

Bond brings Tatiana back to MI6, where she first meets M, which allows her to clear up the investigation with her superiors. After this is taken care of, Tatiana is taken by unidentified agents to fill out some paperwork.

While she is having the paperwork processed, Moneypenny and Kerim Bey join Bond in the meeting with M. M congratulates them on a job well done. (NOTE: I think we could leave the introduction of Moneypenny as M’s assistant for the next story. I’m not sure it fits all that well here, but we could have a scene in the next one where Bond walks into the office and finds Moneypenny sitting behind the desk, which would be a fun little scene where Bond is taken by surprise by her presence there.)

M: Now that that’s taken care of, let’s take a look at the information you retrieved.

M, Tanner, and Bond are going over the information on a giant interactive screen, similar to the one seen in the briefing in QOS. They come across 11 files on personnel. Bond immediately recognizes Rosa Klebb and Mr.White. Tanner notes that there was a 12th file but it has been deleted.

M checks her watch. "That ends in thirty minutes". Bond is out of the door before she has even finished speaking. Outside, tires squeal as Bond's Aston Martin races away from MI6 HQ.

THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL

WHITE: You're late. Where are the others?
BLOFELD: They won't be joining us.

Blofeld drops a set of photographs in White's lap. They are of bodies - the Quantum members we saw at the beginning of the film, now all dead in various locations.

WHITE: You did this?
BLOFELD: Actually I can't take all the credit. That Bond fellow and the girl took care of the late Colonel Klebb before I could. I must remember to thank him.
WHITE: But why?
BLOFELD: It had to be done. MI6 has everything on QUANTUM. I know, because I gave it to them.

WHITE: What the hell have you done?
BLOFELD: I'm cleaning house, Mr. White. QUANTUM was finished the moment they tried to outsmart MI6. I won't be making the same mistake. Now what about you?

White pauses, and looks into Blofeld's eyes. They're ice cold. White slowly reaches into his jacket as Blofeld continues talking, watching the performance as the finale of the 1812 overture begins.

BLOFELD: We can make a fresh start, you and I launching a new venture. We still have the resources and contacts, and I could use your expertise.

-Bond zooms through a red light as agitated drivers honk at him from all directions.

BLOFELD: QUANTUM was short-sighted and their concerns were petty, I have a much bolder plan in mind. Are you with me, Mr.White?

White pulls out his gun and aims, but Blofeld has already silently shot him.

BLOFELD: I'll take that as a 'no', then.

-Bond approaches a busy roundabout; rather than merge into the traffic, he accelerates and speeds straight over it, as the Albert Hall can be seen in the distance.

Blofeld props White up in his seat as his life drains away. The finale continues.

BLOFELD: Pity I can't stay, I hear the finale is exquisite.

He leaves quickly, as a gasping White slumps back in his chair.

-Outside, the Aston Martin screeches to a halt in front of the Hall. Bond races up the steps to the main entrance. As he charges through the front door, he almost bumps into Blofeld coming out.

BOND: Excuse me.
BLOFELD: Terribly sorry.

The two men go their separate ways. Inside, Bond vaults up the stairs. Blofeld pauses momentarily to admire the Aston Martin before moving on.

Bond bursts into the private box, gun drawn, only to see White gasping his final breaths. Bond leans over him, as White whispers one word to him - "Blofeld". He dies.

Bond pauses for a second as the concert ends and the audience applauses. He looks at the empty seat next to White, the bullet casing on the floor, and rushes back out.

Crowds are pouring out of the hall as Bond pushes his way through the lobby. As he bursts out of the entrance, he looks all around. The stranger he passed on the way in is nowhere to be seen.

As he stands on the steps of the Royal Albert Hall, crowds pass by all around him. The camera pulls back further and further until Bond melts into the throng of people.

THE END OF

FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE

BUT JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN :

GOLDFINGER

#294 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

Great work, tdalton. Credit is due to you for putting everything together and doing the remake justice, especially considering it was your first attempt at such an endeavor. :)

Now, what I've been looking forward to:

Posted Image

#295 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:42 AM

Great work, tdalton. Credit is due to you for putting everything together and doing the remake justice, especially considering it was your first attempt at such an endeavor. :)

Many thanks. :)

I wish I could have gotten it done in a shorter amount of time (that had to probably have been the longest period of time between finalizing the details and getting the treatment completed that we've ever had), but I have to admit that, once I got my footing with it, it was actually quite fun to do. Hopefully it's satisfactory enough and we can move on to Goldfinger.

#296 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

Come on, guys; you could've at least kept my dialogue changes and just cut the card out... :S

Rather than a card, what about a tie-pin with a SPECTREpus on it? Something Blofeld might not notice in a darkened theatre box.

#297 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

Were those changes really necessary? I thought dino's draft was fine as is.

Now, on to "Goldfinger".

#298 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Excellent work, tdalton - you've certainly done us proud.

#299 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I was thinking, if we go with the Rolls Royce subplot from the film, we could update the Rolls Royce Phantom to this mind-bending concept, the Apparition:
Posted Image

And Bond's car should be upgraded to the ferocious Aston Martin One-77:

Posted Image

A few more things to consider:

- When Bond is being tortured by Goldfinger, we should use the original buzzsaw treatment from the novel as opposed to the laser from the film

- Pussy should be played as more of a straight up lesbian gangstress who doesn't get "cured" of her orientation by Bond in the end.

#300 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

A few more things to consider:

- When Bond is being tortured by Goldfinger, we should use the original buzzsaw treatment from the novel as opposed to the laser from the film

- Pussy should be played as more of a straight up lesbian gangstress who doesn't get "cured" of her orientation by Bond in the end.

Agreed on both points. The buzzsaw idea is something that I've always felt was much, much better than the laser idea they went with in the film.

That's also a very interesting looking car in the first photo. That would definitely look rather interesting on screen.