772 replies to this topic

#181 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

Is Mila Kunis too recognizable an actress now to play Tatiana?

I'm sorry; I can't see her as Tatiana... :S

How about Alexa Davalos?

I agree about Kunis. I think that she's talented, and maybe there could be a role for her down the line as a different Bond girl (be it in a future remake installment or in an original role later on), but I can't really see her as Tatiana. I don't think that it's really a question of her being too famous for the part, which I don't think that she is (and, then again, there's nothing really wrong with getting someone who is famous anyway), I'm just not sure that it's the most ideal part for her within the Bond universe.

As for Alexa Davalos, I think that's a solid casting choice. She's got a nice little resume going for her, with no film roles that are so big that she'd bring a lot of baggage to the role, but at the same time there's some good films to her credit, namely the adaptation of Stephen King's The Mist.

Alexa Davalos has already played Daniel Craig's love interest though. As for Mila Kunis, well a few months ago I probably would have said no, but now that she's had a breakthrough role as a Serious Actress and will probably get Oscar nominated, that makes it a more attractive proposition. But I'm still on the fence about her. There must be another suggestion everyone can agree on...

#182 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:00 AM

I haven't seen Davalos in anything, but going by what t said, she sounds like a good choice. I'm not exactly set on Kunis as Tatiana; I just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else felt about her. As I'm not familiar with many Russian actresses, I'm fine with whoever is chosen.

#183 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

Alexa Davalos has already played Daniel Craig's love interest though.

I didn't realize that. I remembered her being quite good in her role in The Mist, but I haven't seen Defiance so I was unaware that she had already played Craig's love interest in a film.

Given that it appears as though not many of us have too much knowledge of any Russian actresses who could fill the part, perhaps we could look outside of that particular parameter for an actress and maybe focus on those that, while not necessarily Russian, have played such parts well. I know that there are actresses out there that have played such parts quite well without actually being of Russian heritage. For example, and I know that we've already cast her in the first UB treatment we did back in the summer, but Stana Katic has done a fairly good job in the past of portraying Russian characters. Her character on Castle has gone undercover as a Russian and she did a very good job as a Russian assassin in Stiletto, although she's a Canadian actress. I'm not suggesting that we cast her in a role since we've already done so (although I certainly wouldn't complain, as she's one of my favorite up-and-coming actresses at the moment ;)), but I think if we looked for someone like that who has successfully played such characters before we might have an easier time trying to come up with a name to cast in the part.

#184 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Katheryn Winnick may be what we're looking for. I saw her in this movie 'Cold Souls' where she plays a Russian actress who steals Paul Giamatti's soul (don't ask). When I saw the movie she looked and sounded 100% Russian to me, but then I look on the imdb and find she's Canadian. Then I discover "she holds a third-degree Black Belt in tae kwan do, a second-degree Black Belt in karate and is a licensed bodyguard." Now those are some skills that may come in handy for a Bond film, wouldn't you say?

Has anyone seen Killers? It looks like that's her most high profile role to date.

#185 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Just dropping in to say hi and make four observations:

* If Craig hadn't been blonde I would have suggested Paul Bettany for Grant - the obvious choice but I daresay the right one.
* Tilda Swinton is one of my all-time favourite actresses and having her cast as Rosa Klebb instantly makes me want her plans to succeed, dead Bond be damned. Excellent casting.
* Though I'd happily support having Rutger Hauer 'return' as the Head of Quantum, might it not be an interesting idea to do without a leader but instead be a sort of round-table organisation run through vote and consensus of its most powerful members (of which Klebb and Kronsteen/White could be two). Then instead of committing regicide as it were to gain power, Blofeld would instead be ushering in a whole new era, a more autocratic (and, he believes, more effective) way of running what will soon be renamed SPECTRE.
* My vote is for Milla Jovovich as Tatiana Romanova, especially if she's a Quantum member as suggested.

Edited by SamuelKevlar, 20 January 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#186 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Katheryn Winnick may be what we're looking for. I saw her in this movie 'Cold Souls' where she plays a Russian actress who steals Paul Giamatti's soul (don't ask). When I saw the movie she looked and sounded 100% Russian to me, but then I look on the imdb and find she's Canadian. Then I discover "she holds a third-degree Black Belt in tae kwan do, a second-degree Black Belt in karate and is a licensed bodyguard." Now those are some skills that may come in handy for a Bond film, wouldn't you say?

Has anyone seen Killers? It looks like that's her most high profile role to date.

I've seen Killers - good movie that, at least in the Nice segments, has a touch of the Bondian to it. Isn't she Booth's girlfriend in 'Bones' too?

* Though I'd happily support having Rutger Hauer 'return' as the Head of Quantum, might it not be an interesting idea to do without a leader but instead be a sort of round-table organisation run through vote and consensus of its most powerful members (of which Klebb and Kronsteen/White could be two). Then instead of committing regicide as it were to gain power, Blofeld would instead be ushering in a whole new era, a more autocratic (and, he believes, more effective) way of running what will soon be renamed SPECTRE.
* My vote is for Milla Jovovich as Tatiana Romanova, especially if she's a Quantum member as suggested.

I agree on the possibility of having a 'senior council' - it would make things interesting and a bigger power shift to an autocratic organisation. I like Jovovich, but fear she's just not quite right for the part - and a bit over exposed after the Resident Evil 'blockbusters'. Maybe we should keep her in mind for Tracey - we'd need a bigger name for that role, I imagine.

Here's some ideas about how to pull everything together - put feel free to toss it out if you don't want it, alter it if you see fit. :D

Istanbul - Bond is in Istanbul for a typical PTS sequence that ultimately ties into the rest of the movie somehow (and, possibly, ties somehow into Doctor No too - perhaps he's following a chain of money from South Africa). Whatever it is, the lead is ultimately fruitless, but it shakes Quantum up enough to make Bond (and not just the wider intelligence community) a specific threat.

Quantum - After the events of the previous movies (and, more specifically, the failed endeavour in Doctor No), there is a rare meeting of the Quantum council that occurs at a public location (perhaps Bethesda Fountain in Central Park in New York). Although we do not see all of the members of the council, we understand that there are aboutt twelve - included in the number are Mr White, Rosa Klebb and her advisor, Kronsteen, and the six foot five and immaculately dressed Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Quantum are in discussion about their next move: Klebb suggests targeting Bond as a specific threat as he is a continuous thorn in their sides after he has sabotaged their endeavours in South Africa and Bolivia. Blofeld argues against the targeting of Bond - arguing it as a costly and pointless endeavour. He is ultimately overuled when the majority of the council members vote in favour of Klebb's plan - a derivation of the old honey trap.

MI6 - M calls Bond in to MI6 after he has recuperated from the injuries he has sustained in Istanbul - a new lead has erupted out of nowhere with regards to the Quantum investigation. A female employee of the organisation has sent a message to MI6 explaining that she will defect to them and bring with her a file revealing information about the organisations hierarchy - and that she has requested that Bond be the one to bring her in. Her name is Tatiana Romanova and she's a businesswoman in Moscow. M bemoans the amount of paperwork that will ensue when the woman gets brought in - but Tanner points out that until she gets a new assistant, it will be HIM, and not HER, that has to do the paperwork.

Moscow - Bond checks in with his contact at the Moscow offices of Universal Exports, a beautiful woman going by the name of Moneypenny ("Is that your real name?" questions Bond. "What do you think?" she replies.) who gets him into contact with Tatiana at her place of work. However, Russian Intelligence are after her to and he has to evade them (it would be suggested that Blofeld is trying to sabotage the plot and has alerted the Russians to Tatiana himself) eventually ending up on the Trans-Siberian express to Beijing. A lot of the movie occurs on the train - and it turns out that Tatiana was always supposed to lure Bond onto the train with the idea that one of the fellow passengers (who boards further down the line) is Red Grant.

Beijing - Some of the action takes place in Beijing too. The information that Tatiana planned to reveal is unveiled as ultimately pointless - hanging out a few of the lower ranking members of the organisation as a smokescreen. Tatiana still defects (or, given we've done a traditional finale in Doctor No, she could get killed by Grant) - and Kronsteen and Klebb, who step into the arena in Beijing, are killed too.

Quantum - After the failure of the plot to lure in Bond, the loss of Kronsteen, Rosa Klebb and Grant and the defection of Tatiana, the Quantum council is reformed - this time during the Last Night of the Proms at the Albert Hall in London. Blofeld is incensed that his warning against the plan was ignored, he saw the events coming (and manipulated events towards them by alerting the FSB to Tatiana) and during the 1812 Overture, he takes the opportunity to shoot Mr White dead at the canon shots at the end of the music - "The king is dead, long live the king ..."

#187 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

I haven't seen Killers, but I think that Winnick might be the direction we should go. I've seen her on a couple of episodes of Bones (I've basically stopped watching that show as it's been basically terrible for quite a while now, but she seemed to nicely shake-up the Booth/Bones dynamic in her scenes), and from watching a few Youtube clips I think that she would be very good for the role.

I'm going to give Cold Souls a watch later as it's apparently an instant streaming selection on Netflix, but regardless I do think that she'd be a good fit for the role.

Edited by tdalton, 20 January 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#188 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

Wynnick is definitely a compelling choice, although Milla is also pretty interesting; however, as terminus already addressed, I fear she might be a bit too well known, on top of which I never felt she was that good of an actress. :S

Thanks for the outline, terminus. It'll give us some good footing on which to move forward. The only thing I would suggest is to somehow use the ending from the FRWL novel which has Bond being attacked by Klebb and poisoned, ending with a cliffhanger.

#189 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Wynnick is definitely a compelling choice, although Milla is also pretty interesting; however, as terminus already addressed, I fear she might be a bit too well known, on top of which I never felt she was that good of an actress. :S

Thanks for the outline, terminus. It'll give us some good footing on which to move forward. The only thing I would suggest is to somehow use the ending from the FRWL novel which has Bond being attacked by Klebb and poisoned, ending with a cliffhanger.

Not sure we CAN use that ending in its state - unless we have it as Tatiana being poisoned somehow, her fate left uncertain and then she can be mentioned in the next film or the poisoning of Tatiana succeeds. This is given the assumption that Klebb's plans abject failure (and her death, and Bond's survival) is the catalyst for the eventual overthrow of the old style Quantum by Blofeld - given he'd advised against the plan and, in my notes above, actively sought to derail it. Therefore we need to show that Bond has survived in order for the coup to take place.

So if we did want to have that ending, the circumstances of the coup might need to be changed somewhat.

#190 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Maybe the ending I suggested can be saved for a future remake, then. :)

#191 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

How is that dramatic or exciting? We're going to end the film with a thrilling voting session? And Rutger Hauer? We're casting a film in the year 2011, not 1988 :S

#192 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Here's some ideas about how to pull everything together - put feel free to toss it out if you don't want it, alter it if you see fit. :D

It's a good foundation to build on, BUT...I'm kind of against the idea of QUANTUM still meeting out in the open again. After QOS, they probably would not want to risk another eavesdropper interrupting their business so their meetings would be underground (literally or otherwise). Maybe we can work it so that an innocuous public place has a secret entrance to a hidden room, like the bank in TB.

I'm going to give Cold Souls a watch later as it's apparently an instant streaming selection on Netflix, but regardless I do think that she'd be a good fit for the role.

I wouldn't actually recommend it...its sort of an interesting idea in search of a fully formed plot :|

#193 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

It's a good foundation to build on, BUT...I'm kind of against the idea of QUANTUM still meeting out in the open again. After QOS, they probably would not want to risk another eavesdropper interrupting their business so their meetings would be underground (literally or otherwise). Maybe we can work it so that an innocuous public place has a secret entrance to a hidden room, like the bank in TB.

That's cool - you make a good point. I wasn't particularly held to the Central Park meeting - but was quite keen on the assasination during the 1812 Overture. I shall need to use it in one of my fanfics then!

#194 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

That's cool - you make a good point. I wasn't particularly held to the Central Park meeting - but was quite keen on the assasination during the 1812 Overture. I shall need to use it in one of my fanfics then!

We can still use it somehow. I had an idea that it would be Mr.White who recommended that Blofeld joins the higher up/inner circle, i.e. he 'vouched' for Blofeld, Mafia-style. But after Blofeld starts criticizing QUANTUM and sabotages the Tatiana plot, White realizes his mistake and sets out to kill Blofeld. But Blofeld has already decided to clean house and gets to White first, maybe it can be at the Albert Hall.
This could lead to a fun moment where Bond could have discovered White is attending the performance and is racing across London to get there. As he runs in to the entrance, he bumps into Blofeld who is on his way out but the two men do not recognize each other.

#195 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Any other changes to characters/action sequences anyone has in mind?

#196 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

This could lead to a fun moment where Bond could have discovered White is attending the performance and is racing across London to get there. As he runs in to the entrance, he bumps into Blofeld who is on his way out but the two men do not recognize each other.

I actually think that this could be a great final scene of the film, with Bond running into the building, bumping into Blofeld on his way out, and we see Blofeld walking off into the night in a similar fashion to the way we saw Bond walking off at the end of QoS. I think it would also be a nice way of creating a sense of foreboding heading into the next film.

I think that we should also couple that particular scene with some kind of sense that Bond and MI6 think that they may have either finally forced Quantum into some kind of retreat or that they may be nearing either the destruction of the organization or at least a crippling blow to the leadership, only for Bond to show up at the end to find that someone had already beaten them to it.

#197 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Try The Messenger, in which she plays Joan of Arc, or Dummy. Her breakthrough performance in The Fifth Element is good too. Resident Evil has her typecast but she is capable of far more.

How is that dramatic or exciting? We're going to end the film with a thrilling voting session? And Rutger Hauer? We're casting a film in the year 2011, not 1988 :S

Your misunderstand. Blofeld would still gain power through assassination, it just wouldn't be through killing the 'king'. This is not a feudal system. Maybe a cleanse of the old guard, in various locations (I'm thinking of the climactic sequence in Elizabeth), with Blofeld taking care of White personally as already suggested. It's bureaucratic evil giving way to autocratic evil.

As for Rutger Hauer, he's as capable now as he's ever been. Incidentally, I was not the one to suggest bringing him back, although if it is indeed decided that there should be a Head of Quantum I'd be happy for it to be him.

#198 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

I know that we're looking at having the object that Bond is trying to get a hold of be the information that Tatiana possesses, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about keeping the heist scene from the original film intact somehow. I thought that was one of the best scenes of the film (amongst many great scenes) and it could really come across well in a modern film (and perhaps could be made a bit more complex given that heist films had made something of a comeback in the not too distant past with Ocean's 11 and other such films).

#199 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

That could be interesting, t. What does everyone else think?

#200 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

If we could make it flow with the package Tatiana is trying to hand over to Bond being the information, then I'm all for it. In my notes I had Tatiana being a businesswoman in Moscow, so we could somehow tie it into that.

#201 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Just an idea for how to include the heist scene, how about using it as the PTS as something of a catalyst that sets Quantum's plan into motion? Bond identifies an object/information/whatever that is of extreme importance to Quantum and steals it in a daring heist which, along with everything else Bond has done, forces Quantum's hand.

At that point the plot could be something of a last ditch effort to get rid of Bond, with Blofeld's dissatisfaction giving up the appearance that Quantum is a sinking ship, positioning Tatiana for the mission with Bond, where he would think that he has a chance to deal a death-blow to the organization while she thinks she's in line for a promotion.

#202 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

And Bond could make his getaway in the jetpack. :D

#203 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

I like that - so, for the PTS we have:

- Oceans Eleven style hesit
- in Istanbul
- with a jetpack escape

#204 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:49 AM

If we could make it flow with the package Tatiana is trying to hand over to Bond being the information, then I'm all for it. In my notes I had Tatiana being a businesswoman in Moscow, so we could somehow tie it into that.

Perhaps we could work it so Bond realizes he's only being given semi-useless info on QUANTUM, so he gets Tatiana to tell him where the organization's 'secret room' is, and arranges a heist to get the real goods (i.e. uncovering Mr. White's full dossier, etc). Blofeld will have already removed his information from the files of course...(if I remember, Fleming in TB wrote that Blofeld had destroyed his birth records?)

I like that - so, for the PTS we have:

- Oceans Eleven style hesit
- in Istanbul
- with a jetpack escape

Sounds good, now we just have to identify what it is Bond is stealing. How about he's actually breaking into a bank, to drain an account that MI6 has traced to QUANTUM?

#205 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

What about something like in Michael France's GoldenEye script, where he uses a "chop" (special seal used by a carrier to access bank accounts) to gain access to a vault? In this case, he'd have stolen it off one of Quantum's men, and used it to drain the account of all its funds via wire transfers. Quantum guy in the bank finds out, tries to chase Bond; Bond uses the jetpack and blasts off far beyond his reach, whereupon Mr. White takes a rifle and blows out his failed subordinate's brains from the bank window.

#206 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

I like the idea a couple posts ago. Perhaps the heist could occur midway through after Tatiana's intelligence is found to be useless (which is the idea I think was mentioned), leading Bond on a daring heist at some kind of Quantum controlled facility.

One possible way to structure it would be for Bond to discover that Tatiana is stringing him along before boarding the train, then convince her to lead him to the real goods and perform the heist, then board the train, after which Grant is forced to deviate from the original plan and go into cleanup mode by taking out Bond and Tatiana as he's now forced into thinking she has defected and the mission has changed from a simple elimination of Bond to accomplishing that as well as recovering the stolen Intel as its contents could fatally expose Quantum as well as give Blofeld the positioning to begin a hostile takeover of the organization.

#207 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Perhaps we could work it so Bond realizes he's only being given semi-useless info on QUANTUM, so he gets Tatiana to tell him where the organization's 'secret room' is, and arranges a heist to get the real goods (i.e. uncovering Mr. White's full dossier, etc). Blofeld will have already removed his information from the files of course...(if I remember, Fleming in TB wrote that Blofeld had destroyed his birth records?)

Good idea, boss :D

I like the idea a couple posts ago. Perhaps the heist could occur midway through after Tatiana's intelligence is found to be useless (which is the idea I think was mentioned), leading Bond on a daring heist at some kind of Quantum controlled facility.

One possible way to structure it would be for Bond to discover that Tatiana is stringing him along before boarding the train, then convince her to lead him to the real goods and perform the heist, then board the train, after which Grant is forced to deviate from the original plan and go into cleanup mode by taking out Bond and Tatiana as he's now forced into thinking she has defected and the mission has changed from a simple elimination of Bond to accomplishing that as well as recovering the stolen Intel as its contents could fatally expose Quantum as well as give Blofeld the positioning to begin a hostile takeover of the organization.

I think this is a pretty good idea - perhaps the discovery that the information is useless could be part of Blofeld's attempt to knock Klebb's plot off its course, leading to the coup at the films conclusion.

#208 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

No response to my idea?

#209 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

What about something like in Michael France's GoldenEye script, where he uses a "chop" (special seal used by a carrier to access bank accounts) to gain access to a vault? In this case, he'd have stolen it off one of Quantum's men, and used it to drain the account of all its funds via wire transfers. Quantum guy in the bank finds out, tries to chase Bond; Bond uses the jetpack and blasts off far beyond his reach, whereupon Mr. White takes a rifle and blows out his failed subordinate's brains from the bank window.

I could see that being something that could be worked into the heist sequence. Part of the sequence could be focused on Bond acquiring the "chop" and then working his way down into the vault to access the intelligence. In terms of complexity, I'd like to see the scene be on par with something you might see in the Ocean's 11 films (in terms of the "how did they pull that off" kind of thing regarding the level of difficulty of the heist), but at the same time I definitely think that, as opposed to how those heists went down in those films, that Bond should definitely put his licence to kill to work in the scene (Craig needs a good sneaking scene where he's armed with just a silenced pistol, and I think that this could provide that for him).

Just to make sure that we've got all of the parts cast:

Daniel Craig............James Bond
Katheryn Winnick........Tatiana Romanova
Tilda Swinton...........Rosa Klebb
Jesper Christensen......Mr. White / Kronsteen
Charles Mesure .........Donovan "Red" Grant
Pedro Armandariz, Jr....Kerim Bey
Peter Serafinowicz......Ernst Stavro Blofeld

I don't think that there's anyone else left to cast if I'm not mistaken, unless we wanted to fill the parts of the gypsies if we were going to keep that part in the film.

Another idea that I was pondering (and I'm just trying to get a few things out there because I don't know how if at all I'll be online tomorrow) would be to have a similar PTS to the one that featured in the original film (assuming that we're now moving the heist scene to later in the film), and have Grant dispatch the fake Bond in a much more brutal manner than by simply strangling him with the watch like in the original, in order to build up a presence for the character. I think that it ties in with the idea that someone (terminus, I think) had for having the PTS be a mission that looks real in the beginning but turns out to be a training exercise, which is something that would be revealed when Grant was finished disposing of the fake Bond in a particularly brutal fashion before heading into the title sequence. I think it could also be a good way to play up on the psychotic nature of the Grant character, which I think could be ramped up a bit from what was shown in the original film.

#210 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

I think it could also be a good way to play up on the psychotic nature of the Grant character, which I think could be ramped up a bit from what was shown in the original film.

You mean, killing under the light of the full moon, et. al.?