221 replies to this topic

#91 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Eh? Where does that come from? I show plenty of enthusiasm about the films I like and have long been cheerleading for the upcoming THE BOURNE LEGACY and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL, both of which I think are going to rock. So I don't see why I should be perceived as some sort of curmudgeon who automatically dislikes everything.

#92 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

They're seriously calling this A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD? Good grief. All of a sudden, SKYFALL looks like the greatest title ever conceived.

The February release date also seems a very strange move. The plot sounds appalling (thanks, guys, another McClane-and-young-male-sidekick buddy movie, only this time it's his son - no, really, thank you), the choice of director stunningly unexciting, and the prison backdrop a gigantic yawn.

Basically, it seems as though they've gone out their way to create precisely the kind of movie that DIE HARD fans don't want.

I completely agree. February? Not a summer release? They are obviously going in for a quick fix in the "Liam Neeson-B-movie-action slots" (Jan/Feb).

And quite frankly, DIE HARD, the legendary trilogy, is a thing of the past. Now, the studio just wants to milk the franchise, squeeze it until they can reboot it.

I also hope that this title is just a working title...

Loomis, you were spot on with your assessment, so don´t worry.

#93 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

I can't wait for Die Hard 5. I thought the fourth film was a brilliant return to form, so I'm quite happy to trust the studio's judgment in the build up to the next one.

That spoof Die Hard 12 video that someone put up, by the way, is absolutely brilliant.

#94 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

I think there's good and bad here

Good
The prison idea
McClane getting caught up in the uprising as the only westerner(hopefully)
and wouldnt it be great if they used Russian dialogue and subtitles and made it so McClane couldnt understand anyone?

Bad
Having his son in it.
Writer/director

However, if they have to make a 5th, this does sound way better than I would've expected;
Olyphant and Kev Smith aside, I hated 4.

#95 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

http://www.hollywood...partacus-293877

Looks like John McClane Jr, aka Jack McClane has been cast...Australian actor, Jai Courtney, whoever the hell he is... Production starts in April for a Feb, 2013 release!! Meh..make of it what you will.. I've personally got high hopes for this...20th Century Fox just needs to avoid the mistake of releasing Live Free Or Die Hard as PG-13 in theaters..they did make a MUCH better UNRATED version available on DVD..DH5 needs to be R-rated like the good ol' days..

#96 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Looks like John McClane Jr, aka Jack McClane has been cast...Australian actor, Jai Courtney, whoever the hell he is...

He's had a couple of recurring roles on "All Saints" and "Packed to the Rafters". These are very popular shows here in Australia (though "All Saints" ended a while ago), so the roles Courtney had are the kinds of roles that can make a career down here (for example, Heath Ledger appeared on "Home and Away" in 1997, his irst major role). Australian television is funny like that - if you want to make a career for yourself, you pretty much have to appear on one of several shows in some way. Courtney has done two of them.

#97 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

He also had a recurring role in Spartacus: Blood and Sand, one of the best TV shows around.

#98 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

You know, the more I'm seeing this, the less I'm liking it. The writer, Skip Woods, was not only responsible for THE A-TEAM, but he also did SWORDFISH, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, HITMAN and GI JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA. And in addition to MAX PAYNE, the director, John Moore, also did the remakes of THE OMEN and FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX and BEHIND ENEMY LINES. Just how many carriages can they line up on this trainwreck-in-waiting?

Oh, my, my, my. What horrors have I come home to? If we were really down to an either/or scenario, couldnt' they have found either a director or a writer with even the ghost of a rose on his plate?

#99 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD teaser trailer

"The 007 of Plainfield, New Jersey."

#100 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

WOW!! You know, I'm actually now looking forward more than ever to this.. Ok, yes I know Live Free or Die Hard was a huge let down for many folks (the Unrated version made it a lot better to me) but this one actually looks like it's got potential...Thanks for posting that link, Vauxhall..

#101 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

That was a wicked trailer!

#102 Ernst Stavro BIofeld

Ernst Stavro BIofeld

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Looks fairly decent. Certainly hoping for the best.

#103 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thats WasFreakin Sweet Trailer, I am Pumped for it !

Affraid to ask this,but could someone please explain to me "the 007 of Plainfeild New Jerssey"

#104 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Affraid to ask this,but could someone please explain to me "the 007 of Plainfeild New Jerssey"

John McClane is from Plainfield, New Jersey, and he's comparing himself to James Bond.

#105 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

John McClane is from Plainfield, New Jersey, and he's comparing himself to James Bond.

Thanks Vauxhall!
Its Great to see Bruce willis giving a refference to our man

#106 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks iffy, I'll probably pass.

#107 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Looks really good, however can I just say, how can the same [censored] happen to the same guy five times?

#108 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Looks really good, however can I just say, how can the same [censored] happen to the same guy five times?

How can Bond survive so many men trying to kill him, with hardly a bullet even hiiting him once for the last 50 years
Ans: Its Just a movie

#109 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

It's a good trailer. Nothing before that was too promising, but here's hoping they've somehow pulled it off

#110 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

How can Bond survive so many men trying to kill him, with hardly a bullet even hiiting him once for the last 50 years
Ans: Its Just a movie

What's WRONG with you QOS4EVER? If you knew anything about Die Hard at all you'd know that's one of John McClane's most famous catchphrases! I refer you to this clip for confirmation.

Shaun was merely making a joke, he wasn't seriously thinking "they have no right to make 5 Die Hard films, realistically he'd be dead by now".

Jesus wept!

Edited by PPK_19, 07 October 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#111 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Sense of humour bypass. Common symptom of Daniel Craig Nuthuggers.

#112 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ha. Nuthugger.

#113 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I´m old enough to have seen the first DIE HARD in a theater, not on DVD or even blu-ray (ta-daaa!). I loved it because at that time I was a huge fan of Bruce Willis in MOONLIGHTING. Then I saw DIE HARDER and I loved that one, too. Then came DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE and I liked it. Many, many moons later I saw LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD (in a theater) and despite the whole negative fanbase reaction I liked it, too.

But I thought: enough is enough. Really, Bruce, let it go.

Now there´s another one. And you know what already turns me off it?

The same thing that hurt No.3 - it´s not just John McClane. It´s "also" McClane.

Maybe the new film is a good action movie. Maybe even a great one.

But the whole idea of DIE HARD was one guy trapped somewhere, having to face an army of thugs alone. DIE HARDER worked for me because it took that concept seriously.

And having him now fight together with his son (after using a potential son-in-law-figure and a daughter in No.4) is too much KOTCS for me.

Edited by SecretAgentFan, 07 October 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#114 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Sense of humour bypass. Common symptom of Daniel Craig Nuthuggers.

Oh. Pardon me ,
I hadn't realised that the earlier comment and yours pass as humour these days.

#115 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well said SAF.

#116 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

They should have just called it "Teal and Orange: Die Hard Edition." Looks just like any other freaking movie made today. All the bloody same. Might still be dumb fun though, I'm especially looking forward to Jay Courtney's performance, who was pretty good on Spartacus.

#117 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Looks just like any other freaking movie made today. All the bloody same.

Exactly, what I was thinking, Live Free Or Die Hard should've been the last one. Now, it's getting old.

#118 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Die Hard With A Vengeance should have been the last one. 4th one was sheer garbage adding insult to injury with PG-13 rating.

#119 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

A bit too much firepower and too hi-tech choppers for me. Die Hard should be about a cop taking on lots of thugs. Don't turn him into a technowarrior.

#120 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I didn't mind Live Free Or Die Hard although the jet fighter scene was a little much.