#182 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

He looks like wax

Both look weird and waxy. It´s the lighting. Or the photoshopping.

#183 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

He looks like wax

Both look weird and waxy. It´s the lighting. Or the photoshopping.

Or both. It's a terrible image, I don't know why they'd do that and not just leave them be.

Saw a minute long TV spot for this yesterday. Definitely excited. My wallet is going to be empty by the first of the year though. This comes out on the 21st of December (I think?) and Mission Impossible as well Sherlock Holmes come out the 16th. That's ok, though, I haven't really been to the movies much this year anyway. :D

#184 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

Attached File  tmp.jpg   41.4KB   29 downloads

Damn, I miss Daniel. :D

http://www.radissone...bcam-large.html

Attached Files

• Attached File  tmp.jpg   41.4KB   27 downloads

#185 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

#186 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Thanks. :tup:

#187 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Saw the film at the Sony screening room last night and the best part of the film was the titles, and the girl.
It was a long, rambling film that started and stopped and ended too many times.
Probably big opening, and then hugh dropoff.

#188 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

From what is out so far, it mostly looks VERY positive with few expections.

Here is a review, that mirrors more or less the lot
http://www.denofgeek...too_review.html

It’s a cold film, certainly, bearing a similarity to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy in that regard. But where it differs from that movie is that there’s a slightly easier way into the story for the audience. And it comes in the shape of Daniel Craig’s Mikael Blomkvist.
Appreciating that it’s Rooney Mara’s performance as Lisbeth Salander that’s going to – with some justification – get the lion’s share of the acting plaudits (and we’ll come to her in a minute), it’s Craig’s understated turn that holds the film together.
This isn’t action-man, 007 Daniel Craig. Instead, this is the first class actor that earned the James Bond gig in the first place (think back to films such as The Mother) His portrayal of Blomkvist - a man not short of shades of grey - is one of his quietest, most controlled, and effective pieces of work.

Dragon Tattoo currently at 92% on RT - 12 reviews, 1 bad.
Read the reviews here...

http://www.rottentom..._dragon_tattoo/

#189 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Steady on 94%..

Very funny DC appearance yesterday at the Colbert Show.
Watch The Colbert Report – Daniel Craig (2011.12.15)
http://www.blogtopsi...2d7a1aa81c1a13b

#190 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Awesome movie, I wanted to watch it again immediately. Craig was great and Rooney Mara was fantastic. A long running time but it didn't feel like it at all, I thought it was perfectly paced and I was completely enthralled. Only thing I had issues with was the epilogue that brought things down after the climax of the mystery.

#191 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Saw it in an early engagement Tuesday nite at my neighborhood multiplex. Great film and Daniel Craig is awesome as usual. He picks great roles.

#192 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Saw it at yesterday afternoon's matinée and loved it. It's every bit as good as the Swedish original, but bigger (which I expected). They pull in bits of the story that were missing in the Swedish version, and make Craig's character the equal of Mara's, which is also closer to how the book portrayed them.

Bit of trivia: Did anyone notice "interview" misspelled (interveiw) in the police report that Craig was highlighting?

#193 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

Interesting tidbit on filming- found it on Yahoo! movies.

Spoiler

#194 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

Spoiler

OK, that was crazy.

#195 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Spoiler

What a bastard. I'm guessing Fincher's a fan of Peter Hall and Antonin Artaud.

#196 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

A great interview with Dan in the Guardian this morning, about Dragon Tattoo and Bond:

http://www.guardian....-man-007-tattoo

#197 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Spoiler

What a bastard. I'm guessing Fincher's a fan of Peter Hall and Antonin Artaud.

And Kubrick perhaps. Lucky the script didn't call for Craig getting things cut from his anatomy. Also good Fincher didn't get near CR.

#198 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

I agree with everyone else that it was a pretty awesome movie. The mystery angle reminded me of another Fincher favorite of mine, Zodiac. I do think its better than the Swedish version especially how Mara made her character more interesting too me compared to Raplace did in the original. Loved Craig and thought he had a nice look through out the film. I especially loved the way Mara played Lisbeth especially after seeing the original since she left her own mark on the character instead of recycling what Raplace had done. The main titles were very well done and were a darker version of some classic Bond title sequences.
Spoiler

#199 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I agree with everyone else that it was a pretty awesome movie. The mystery angle reminded me of another Fincher favorite of mine, Zodiac. I do think its better than the Swedish version especially how Mara made her character more interesting too me compared to Raplace did in the original. Loved Craig and thought he had a nice look through out the film. I especially loved the way Mara played Lisbeth especially after seeing the original since she left her own mark on the character instead of recycling what Raplace had done. The main titles were very well done and were a darker version of some classic Bond title sequences.

Spoiler

I LOVED the title sequence in Dragon Tattoo. Very Bondian, especially as Daniel Craig's name appears first. I had to remind myself i was here to see Dragon Tattoo, not a Bond film! Cracking cover of that Led Zepplin song too.

#200 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Daniel Craig and co. for an hour with Charlie Rose..

a great interview!
http://www.charliero...interview/12037

...shame about the jean jacket though lol...

#201 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

Daniel Craig and co. for an hour with Charlie Rose..

a great interview!
http://www.charliero...interview/12037

...shame about the jean jacket though lol...

Thank you! I don't mind the jean jacket. Daniel Craig could wear a burlap sack and I'd be happy, LOL!

#202 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

A very entertaining night at the cinema. Very well made, beautifully acted... hard to fault. Of course not seeing the previous version or finishing the book meant I didn't know the resolution to the mystery... which is slightly standard TV murder mystery stuff. And the identity of the villain is quite easy to spot because...
Spoiler

I'm not sure Daniel Craig has been getting the praise he deserves, though. A fine performance, with just enough touches of humour but never overplayed.

#203 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't think it will give too much away to say that, having worked as a newspaper reporter for 10 years (about half of which were before the advent of digital photography and desktop publishing), I was happy to read about those old negative folders in the book and then see them in both the Swedish and English films. Since Larsson was a journalist going back much farther than I, it's only natural that he would see their potential as a plot device.

I agree that Craig delivered a superb performance, much closer to the book, I felt, than the actor who played him in the Swedish films. The only thing I wished was that he had altered his appearance more. Longer hair, a few more pounds? Dunno. He just looked a bit too "Bondian" for me; I wanted to forget him as Bond, and think of him only as Mikael, but I kept seeing Bond. But that's my only complaint.

#204 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't think it will give too much away to say that, having worked as a newspaper reporter for 10 years (about half of which were before the advent of digital photography and desktop publishing), I was happy to read about those old negative folders in the book and then see them in both the Swedish and English films. Since Larsson was a journalist going back much farther than I, it's only natural that he would see their potential as a plot device.

I agree that Craig delivered a superb performance, much closer to the book, I felt, than the actor who played him in the Swedish films. The only thing I wished was that he had altered his appearance more. Longer hair, a few more pounds? Dunno. He just looked a bit too "Bondian" for me; I wanted to forget him as Bond, and think of him only as Mikael, but I kept seeing Bond. But that's my only complaint.

Funny thing is, he did put on weight. He came right off Cowboys and Aliens, where he was really thin and Fincher urged him to eat. By the end, he did have a paunch even, but I suppose, its not recognizable in the film. Haven't seen it yet - 12. January in Germany)

#205 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

He's certainly not in Bond shape, which is a good thing. He's a much more believable sort of hero in this than Bond- it's a good role and he plays it very well.

#206 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Funny thing is, he did put on weight. He came right off Cowboys and Aliens, where he was really thin and Fincher urged him to eat. By the end, he did have a paunch even, but I suppose, its not recognizable in the film. Haven't seen it yet - 12. January in Germany)

Craig will be in Germany for the premiere tomorrow. It'll be in Berlin... do you know what time by any chance? I know that's a long shot, but I was thinking I'd swing by and see what's happening...

#207 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

...just got back from the Berlin premiere. Very cool!

#208 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

Interesting interview with Tim Miller, creative director on the title sequence.

#209 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Amazing film. There was a few changes, but I found them very fresh and original. I respect totally that David Fincher wanted his own take on it, and it payed off. Daniel Craig is brilliant. So is Rooney Mara. I thought the cinematography was amazing. I really do prefer this one to the original. I was very tempted to give it a 5 star film, but I feel that there was just some stuff that really confused me. Didn't have any idea of what on earth was happening with Lisabeths trip to Zurick towards the end, they didn't explain what she was doing very well at all. I also felt that the whole murder thing wasn't explained in enough detail. But still, overall a fantastic film!

Also, Daniel Craig screaming "CATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!", made me laugh so much in the cinema.

4.5/5

#210 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Good to read your recommendation. I hope I can see the film this weekend.