This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

Morrissey would be great.

(Stephen Patrick Morrissey, not David or Neil)Morrissey.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#152 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Come on - admit it - this thread should really be titled -'Men I really fancy but I can't admit that so I think he'd make a good Bond instead'! B) Well I'm a happily married man with two beautiful children but I'm not ashamed to admit my past man-crushes :)Rob Lowe a few years ago (phwor) was one of the ships that sailed through the night!

Anyway - who mentioned Michael Fassbender? That is a very good shout. Haven't seen him in anything but Inglor. Bastds and thought he was terrific. He's definately got looks, wit and that certain derring-do that would make a great Bond. Ooo, I do believe I feel quite giddy!

#153 carddoug

carddoug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

I still want to see Alan Rickman as bond. well atleast a villian i guess.

#154 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

Alan Rickman would make such an amazing Bond villain. Or M, for that matter!

#155 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

At the risk of sounding like an idiot or a blasphemer, I would like to see what Sam Worthington could do with the character. I heard rumors that he auditioned for CR. So, I think he could do a good job with Bond.

He was apparently in second place according to Sam himself.

#156 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

I still want to see Alan Rickman as bond. well atleast a villian i guess.

Alan Rickman???? He's about 65 isn't he? And haven't you seen enough of him as a villian? Nah - not sold on either of those suggestions at all.

#157 carddoug

carddoug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

he would be awesome as M. Anyone other then the one we have now.

#158 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:36 PM

Well said! I'd prefer him as M, becasue if he was chosen to play a villain we'd have the opportunity to enjoy him only once!

#159 KBOX007

KBOX007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

James Purefoy all the way, though at forty-five I think he will be too old when Craig steps down.

#160 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:11 AM

I don´t know yet who I´ll want for Bond 7. But I do know that I´ll want someone to do at least four films in one decade before being replaced.

#161 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Come on - admit it - this thread should really be titled -'Men I really fancy but I can't admit that so I think he'd make a good Bond instead'! B) Well I'm a happily married man with two beautiful children but I'm not ashamed to admit my past man-crushes :)Rob Lowe a few years ago (phwor) was one of the ships that sailed through the night!

Anyway - who mentioned Michael Fassbender? That is a very good shout. Haven't seen him in anything but Inglor. Bastds and thought he was terrific. He's definately got looks, wit and that certain derring-do that would make a great Bond. Ooo, I do believe I feel quite giddy!

I mentioned him a while back, and a couple of people mentioned him before me. Just look his interviews up in You Tube. He's got the charisma.

#162 Richard

Richard

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

Daniel Craig has earned the right to continue as Bond.

When his ride is over I would like to see Eon productions audition unknown actors. Unknowns, but experienced. Bond is always more believable when the actor doesn't come in carrying the baggage of a previous stardom.

Richard

#163 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

OK this guy is a former model turned Photographer, but his looks and stature (6'-3") alone should earn him an invitation to audition for Bond. Maybe, just maybe he will be discovered to have acting ability too:
Posted Image

http://www.cwtv.com/...el/cast/nbarker

My wife was watching America's top model and this guy was one of the judges. Despite the short hair he looked very Bondish to me, complete with a nice English accent and a very good spoken voice.

......Just sayin'.

Edited by Frankie, 21 March 2010 - 01:21 AM.

#164 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:36 AM

I don't have much against Henry Cavill who seems to be the favorite on this bb. But if you want to go that way you HAVE to give Ben Barnes some consideration too:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Just age the two photos above and I think Barnes will perhaps looks the part a bit better.

#165 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

OK this guy is a former model turned Photographer, but his looks and stature (6'-3") alone should earn him an invitation to audition for Bond. Maybe, just maybe he will be discovered to have acting ability too:
Posted Image

My wife was watching America's top model and this guy was one of the judges. Despite the short hair he looked very Bondish to me, complete with a nice English accent and a very good spoken voice.

......Just sayin'.

Not remotely appropriate.

#166 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

......Just sayin'.

Ya!

#167 Ambler

Ambler

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

I think we should follow the lead of Britain's 1000 Year Reich and have an all-women shortlist for the next Bond.

Lena Headey looks like she could kick Daniel Craig's B). Mind you, I wouldn't bet against Kate Adie either. And she's 65.

#168 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

Posted Image

......Just sayin'.

Do you even know who James Bond is?

#169 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image

......Just sayin'.

Why not?

Oh yeah. Your favorite Bond is Roger Moore.

Posted Image

......Just sayin'.

Do you even know who James Bond is?

Do you even know your post makes absolutely no sense?

#170 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

At this early stage (hopefully Daniel Craig will do 2-3 more) I can see only two real candidates:

Henry Cavill
http://www.blognow.c...LaLee/83467.jpg

and Tom Hardy
http://4.bp.blogspot...0/tom hardy.jpg

Both are credible in different ways. Hardy seems to have more in common with Craig - diverse roles, 'serious' actor, untypical Bond looks. Cavill has a track record with Eon, has a following in America, and has the classic Bond look.

My feeling is that Cavill is the more likely of the two. I feel that Eon will go back to the classic Bond look after Craig. However, I would be happy with either of these two come 2015 or so.

Hardy has a problem as my Wife pointed out his looks, if people had a problem with DC then hell that will be a walk in the park compared to convincing anyone that Hardy is handsome.

I concur that he is not the "classically handsome" type. In fact in Wuthering Heights with long hair, he reminded me of The Kurgan from Highlander :tdown: But then again 'Heights' showed his potential for the romantic/brooding side of Bond.

But Craig has opened the door for shall we say, slightly off-kilter looking actors to be considered. I think once Bronson hits the USA followed by next year's Warrior where he plays a MMA fighter, he'll be getting more support.

The thing about that Cavill picture above is that he seems to be unsubtly posing in a Bond-like fashion. The choice would be adequate, but I can't see that he'd bring any particular spark to the role. I wonder if its this reason that he gets into the auditions for so many superhero roles but never actually wins any. He'd look the part, but, I get a Brosnan Jr. kind of vibe.

I'm not a woman but my Wife say a big no no to Hardy looks wise!

Well I AM a woman, and I say that Tom Hardy is flippin' GORGEOUS and ALL my female friends agree and anyone who can't see it needs glasses. The guy is sex on a stick for goodness sake! I DEFINATELY wouldn't kick him out. Although my partner may have something to say about it lol B)

#171 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Tom Hardy is an odd one. He is - and I hate this phrase - quite an acting chameleon. His personal baggage would not maybe endear him to everyone, but he is a superb acting force. His work in BRONSON and STUART, A LIFE BACKWARDS is as good as screen acting can get. And he is MUCH better looking than Mr Craig.

#172 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

I think what we are all missing here (and I think I've said this before back when it was 'who should be Bond6') is that, if we are judging on looks, then Bond shouldn't be played by a "pretty/fresh-faced boy"
Connery, Dalton, and even Lazenby were handsome men with a slight roughness about them, that made them sexy, as is Mr Craig. Moore was a pretty boy in his day and so was Brosnan, but they grew into their manly looks post 40.
I've nothing against pretty boys, I'm currently dating one, but they seem to dominate the media at the moment and are the flavour of the month.
Clive Owen is the kinda 'type' the producers should be aiming for.
As for who I think ... yeah Fassbender could be cool and he'd be the right age too even he's still a bit boyish (gosh I'm picky lol)
My final point: An actor with a hairy chest - Connery in DrNo, perfect specimen!

Peaceful out.

ps Bond 16.05.72 - I'm sure your wife has great taste otherwise she wouldn't have married you. My point was the just because one person or a few says Hardy isn't good looking, doesn't mean he isn't (look what they said about DC now they can't get enough of him) Everyone has different tastes as they say!

#173 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

What the hell is fey?

It's Polari or gay slang for effeminate. And before anyone argues with me look it up first. A LOT of the old gay talk has evolved into our modern day vocab.
Enough said, back to the topic ...

#174 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

At this early stage (hopefully Daniel Craig will do 2-3 more) I can see only two real candidates:

Henry Cavill
http://www.blognow.c...LaLee/83467.jpg

and Tom Hardy
http://4.bp.blogspot...0/tom hardy.jpg

Both are credible in different ways. Hardy seems to have more in common with Craig - diverse roles, 'serious' actor, untypical Bond looks. Cavill has a track record with Eon, has a following in America, and has the classic Bond look.

My feeling is that Cavill is the more likely of the two. I feel that Eon will go back to the classic Bond look after Craig. However, I would be happy with either of these two come 2015 or so.

Hardy has a problem as my Wife pointed out his looks, if people had a problem with DC then hell that will be a walk in the park compared to convincing anyone that Hardy is handsome.

I concur that he is not the "classically handsome" type. In fact in Wuthering Heights with long hair, he reminded me of The Kurgan from Highlander :tdown: But then again 'Heights' showed his potential for the romantic/brooding side of Bond.

But Craig has opened the door for shall we say, slightly off-kilter looking actors to be considered. I think once Bronson hits the USA followed by next year's Warrior where he plays a MMA fighter, he'll be getting more support.

The thing about that Cavill picture above is that he seems to be unsubtly posing in a Bond-like fashion. The choice would be adequate, but I can't see that he'd bring any particular spark to the role. I wonder if its this reason that he gets into the auditions for so many superhero roles but never actually wins any. He'd look the part, but, I get a Brosnan Jr. kind of vibe.

I'm not a woman but my Wife say a big no no to Hardy looks wise!

Well I AM a woman, and I say that Tom Hardy is flippin' GORGEOUS and ALL my female friends agree and anyone who can't see it needs glasses. The guy is sex on a stick for goodness sake! I DEFINATELY wouldn't kick him out. Although my partner may have something to say about it lol B)

My Wife doesn't wear glassed and has perfectly good eyesight and Zorin you saying Hardy is much better looking than Craig is a stretch, although different people are attracted to all sorts that others would find repulsive.

There is no defintive word on this as we are all attracted to different types although if people had a problem with DC's casting and thought it unathordox they'd have a field day with Hardy been considered.

I've given up on touting Michael Fassbender although I think he'd be great he's just going to be too big by the time the job is vacant again. I also wish Daniel could be adept at choosing roles as MF, his choices outside of Bond have been very underwhelming considering the powerhous he was in Our Friends In The North.

Edited by bond 16.05.72, 29 March 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#175 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

What the hell is fey?

It's Polari or gay slang for effeminate. And before anyone argues with me look it up first. A LOT of the old gay talk has evolved into our modern day vocab.

The word "fey" has nothing to do with Polari.

#176 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

What the hell is fey?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey

#177 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

What the hell is fey?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fey

But "fey" is a word that goes back to the 14th Century - which pre-dates real documented use of gay slang. And "gay slang" now is not the same as Polari. Yes, gay slang now obviously has some echoes and roots with the Polari 'dictionary', but the word "fey" is not really a Polari term. And I question some of the listed terms Wiki is saying are examples of Polari. Gay slang maybe. But not Polari (i.e. "a friend of Dorothy" is gay slang but has nothing to do with Polari - though Wikipedia thinks otherwise) which was - like most verbal movements - very short lived.

Interesting tangent though. And you are right - some examples of Polari have indeed made their way into more wider used vocabulary ("naff", "zhooshi" etc).

Want to know what "trolling" really means?!

#178 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

oh go on then love, tell me.

#179 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

oh go on then love, tell me.

Oh it's not that interesting but when I see people mention "trolling" in relation to internet abuse etc I do think back to the old Kenneth Williams use of the Polari based phrase - which is to "be on the prowl / hunt / sharking / cruising for gay sex" (ish). To "troll" is to look for gay sex ..... apparently.

#180 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Yep ... that's what I knew it to be.

I do miss those Julian and Sandy shows. Thank gad for youtube

Cheers Zorin B)

P