This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#691 double "0"

double "0"

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hugh Jackman

#692 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hugh Jackman

Would be a great Bond for he's an awesome actor, but the timing is wrong. Or else for one film only. But I don't believe in a 45-year-old new Bond nowadays, do you ?

#693 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

Hugh Jackman

I was the most active advocate of HJ for Bond on this forum the last time they were casting Bond. I would have liked him over Craig by far. But even I should say that it's now too late for this suggestion.

Edited by Frankie, 22 July 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#694 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

I forget who now, but there was some Scottish actor I saw in something not too long ago and I remember thinking he'd make a decent 007 (will edit/update if I remember

David Tennant? B)

... you remember that guy who was in that movie with the other guy. Not him but his co star was married to this other guy who did a movie with the first other guy; THAT's the guy.

#695 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I forget who now, but there was some Scottish actor I saw in something not too long ago and I remember thinking he'd make a decent 007 (will edit/update if I remember

David Tennant? B)

... you remember that guy who was in that movie with the other guy. Not him but his co star was married to this other guy who did a movie with the first other guy; THAT's the guy.

James Rebhorn? Nah, he´s not Scottish :D

#696 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Sorry and I mean no disrespect but, those photos are terrible.

Fassbender is overrated. It won't be him.

#697 Stealth007

Stealth007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

Someone unheard of. The first time I see them, they should be James.

#698 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Honestly, right now? Daniel Craig. For a long long long time :tup: Hell, he can be Bond number 6 and 7 for all I care :dizzy:

#699 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

What about Matthew Lewis?

#700 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

I was watching "Miss Pettigrew" in a rather noisy environment but Lee Pace caught my attention as having a Bond aura and stature, complete with (I guess) a very convincing English accent. He turns out to be American, but Shakespearean trained which might explain the mastery of the accent. Anyway here are some pics for your review:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Feed back?

Edited by Frankie, 02 August 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#701 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

That's how I picture Carte Blanche's Bond.

#702 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

That's how I picture Carte Blanche's Bond.

I think this is a reply to my post. So here goes. I'm not saying he looks like Connery, but there's something reminiscent of a young Connery in Pace's face and physical stature.

#703 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Lee Pace does very slightly resemble a young Connery, but I watched Pushing Dasies when it was on and there is no way I can see him as James Bond. He does not have the macho presence, the voice, the physicality to pull off 007.

He would remind me more of James Bond's little nephew, Nevin :D

#704 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

I was watching "Miss Pettigrew" in a rather noisy environment but Lee Pace caught my attention as having a Bond aura and stature, complete with (I guess) a very convincing English accent. He turns out to be American, but Shakespearean trained which might explain the mastery of the accent. Anyway here are some pics for your review:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Feed back?

A Bond film is not HART TO HART. Sorry. VERY wrong choice.

Also take note EON :)

Posted Image

Of what....? Bad photoshopping?

#705 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

might explain the mastery of the accent

I think you meant "mystery" - unless you were seeking to impersonate his attempt.

a very convincing English accent

England bears more than one accent, moi lover.

#706 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Lee Pace does very slightly resemble a young Connery, but I watched Pushing Dasies when it was on and there is no way I can see him as James Bond. He does not have the macho presence, the voice, the physicality to pull off 007.

Maybe I have the advantage of never having watched Pushing Daisies. But I thought a lot of argument in this thread was for one's 'acting' ability. If Craig gets a pass for homosexual bed scenes in a movie don't you think you should give the same pass to another actor who acted out of Bond character in a show/movie?

I think you meant "mystery" - unless you were seeking to impersonate his attempt.

I do not dispute that. Bond we've had 007s of various British based accents.

Edited by Frankie, 02 August 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#707 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Maybe I have the advantage of never having watched Pushing Daisies. But I thought a lot of argument in this thread was for one's 'acting' ability. If Craig gets a pass for homosexual bed scenes in a movie don't you think you should give the same pass to another actor who acted out of Bond character in a show/movie?

I do not dispute that. Bond we've had 007s of various British based accents.

Certainly; but not all out of the one mouth. A most eccentric effort.

#708 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

Enver Gjokaj:

Posted Image

He's probably best known as Victor on the criminally-underrated DOLLHOUSE. He was only really a secondary character until the writers realised that he could imitate the other actors ... then they went to town on him, and this was the end result:

Just do his hair a little bit, and I think he'd be very close to Fleming's vision of Bond.

#709 PotterBond007

PotterBond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

David Tennant! hahaha I think it would be fun to see a Doctor play Bond. All he needs to do is training, and he could get into Bond shape. You never know. . .

#710 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

I love Tennant - but... his voice is too high for Bond, don´t you think?

#711 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

David Tennant! hahaha I think it would be fun to see a Doctor play Bond. All he needs to do is training, and he could get into Bond shape. You never know. . .

David Tennant would be an amazing Niall Dunne.

#712 PotterBond007

PotterBond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

I dunno if I can see Tennant as a baddie. But I'll tell you who would be a decent Bond baddie, since I brought up the Doctor, Christopher Eccelston, I think would be a "Fantastic" Bond Villain. LOL. Tennant could be Q perhaps, if they replace John Cleese. (But, I digress. This thread is about casting Bond.)

Edited by PotterBond007, 12 September 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#713 PotterBond007

PotterBond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

Check this out:

Tennant--Bond. Doctor. Then see what you think. :)

Edited by PotterBond007, 13 September 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#714 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

No, thanks. He looks far too frantic, like he's just been surprised by something.

#715 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

The only thing remotely Bondian about Tennant is his facial features, and then only when he's being completely impassive. His physique is totally unsuited to the role. He's a beanpole and wouldn't be credible in a fight. His style of acting is far too manic and comedic. He lacks both coolness and virility, the two absolute essential ingredients in any Bond actor. I don't say this to denigrate him. He's a light entertainment man. That's his thing, and all his qualities as an actor are suited to that.

#716 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

Sam Worthington. Great actor, it hit me while watching The Debt how great of a Bond he'd make. Top notch acting ability, dark good looks and he carries himself very well. Surprised I didn't see him mentioned. He'd be great, 'nuff said!

#717 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Sam Worthington. Great actor, it hit me while watching The Debt how great of a Bond he'd make. Top notch acting ability, dark good looks and he carries himself very well. Surprised I didn't see him mentioned. He'd be great, 'nuff said!

Hmm, for my taste, he is too bland, too much of a "I want to appear deep, therefore I cuss a lot and act broody"-kinda guy. A Daniel Craig-wannabe looking like an uglier Brosnan-cousin.

Ooops, sorry, seem to be in a bad mood today. I apologize.

#718 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

You may be in a bad, but you definitely talked a lot of sense

#719 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

@SecretAgentFan:
I used to think that right when he arrived on the Hollywood scene but his last couple of performances seem like he has matured. Have you seen the Debt? He is awesome in it. Btw Jesper Christensen was really creepy as an ex-Nazi. Well acted film all around

#720 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Jen Dujardin ;)