This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#271 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

Sam Worthington??? Someone needs to be punched in the face. Repeatedly.

Haha :)

I know it'll never happen but I love the idea of the English rugby superstar Johnny Wilkinson as Bond.

His body, face, voice and mannerisms are perfect. :P

Plus this gives me the excuse to post a couple of pictures. :P

Attached Files

Edited by Goodnight, 17 August 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#272 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

I've mentioned Andy Whitfield (Spartacus Blood and Sand) as a great candidate to be the next Bond. Here's a video he did just for fun with a budding director. Andy shows off some fantastic gun play. Enjoy!

EON won't go wrong in at least auditioning him.

#273 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

I've mentioned Andy Whitfield (Spartacus Blood and Sand) as a great candidate to be the next Bond. Here's a video he did just for fun with a budding director. Andy shows off some fantastic gun play. Enjoy!

EON won't go wrong in at least auditioning him.

No. Very wrong. Sorry. And he cannot act. He looks like a Russian doorman.

#274 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

That's your opinion which I and many others don't agree with.

And if you think that Andy looks like a 'Russian Doorman'. Then you A)either need your eyes checked. Or B.) want are looking for Bond to look like a Playboy Centerfold.

Edited by Emma, 19 August 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#275 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

And if you think that Andy looks like a 'Russian Doorman'. Then you A)either need your eyes checked. Or B) want are looking for Bond to look like a Playboy Centerfold.

He looks like Sam Worthington, and let me tell you, based on the forums, barely anyone would want him as Bond, so his looks are out the window and the only think that can save him is his personality.

And if you are bashing on someone's opinion A) You only care about your opinion B ) Don't care to think what other people think C) Arrogant
I know I've done that on these forums, but now I can appreciate peoples opinions, saying that you like him is totally fine, bashing is not.

Edited by DominicGreene, 20 August 2010 - 10:45 AM.

#276 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

I understand that Tom Hardy is practically auditioning for Bond in Inception; is that right?

No.

Well I've seen it now, and yes he is really. Does a good job; practically steals the film I think.

Nobody thought Leonardo Di Caprio would ever look anything but baby-faced. It's amazing what a few facial lines and loss of baby moisture does to a man's look of maturity after 30.

Indeed; he now looks like a Thunderbirds puppet.

I've mentioned Andy Whitfield (Spartacus Blood and Sand) as a great candidate to be the next Bond.

He's quite ill, isn't he?

#277 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

First off, I've got a degree of confidence that if Bond 23 gets in pre-prod in 011 for an 012 shoot and release, Craig will stay on for a 4th film.

After that, I'd bet Eon will focus on equally strong UK talent - and so Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy are probably gonna come into the frame - both will be around their later 30's by 2016, a similar age to Craig in CR.

#278 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

First off, I've got a degree of confidence that if Bond 23 gets in pre-prod in 011 for an 012 shoot and release, Craig will stay on for a 4th film.

I think things are clear. Craig wants to make another film, the producers want him as Bond, fans adore him(the majority). I can't him not starring in Bond 23 even if the films will be released in 2013.

#279 Nick Nack Babe

Nick Nack Babe

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Anyone but Henry Cavill.

About Armitage, he still has no lips. Otherwise he would look the part. Hell, maybe they can shoot Botox into his lips for the role.

Fleming's Bond is described as having thin, cruel lips. Armitage succeeds on that regard.

That describes Connery perfectly. Armitage, however has practically NO lips.

If anyone noticed, I'm in this forum since 2005, approximately when Brosnan has left the role. I've never been keen on DC playing the part and when it happened, I saw only CR on the cinema and QofS straight on DVD, and my interest on the series remained only in its past movies. No offense intended on Craig's fans. I like him as an actor, but not as Bond. And I'm entitled to have my opinion.

I read some past posts saying that Armitage didn't prove his acting skills, that he is a "housewifes favorite", thin lips, no lips (apparently the right lips for Ian Fleming).....

Well, if you are alive and saw his acting in Spooks and Strike Back can see that he can do action and espionage movies and in North and South that he can act, not to mention his other works. He's the right age too. A James Bond Jr. is a sad option for the series.

Edited by Nick Nack Babe, 21 August 2010 - 05:27 AM.

#280 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

This should put the cat
...you know the rest
My link

#281 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

This should put the cat
...you know the rest
My link

Splendid. I've told it before he'd make a great Bond IF he had scripts like TB and FRWL. On the other hand, he'd make an awfull Bond if he had scripts like TWINE or TMWTGG.

#282 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Cary Grant

#283 Krilencu

Krilencu

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

I vote for Michael Fassbender

#284 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Noah Huntley, maybe.

Best suggestion so far. Excellent choice.

Posted Image

I could accept Fassbender too. I'm also waiting to see what happens to Ben Barnes as he gets a bit older. I guess now that I think about it, here are my choices so far:

1- Huntly
2- Barnes (depends on when the switch takes place)
3- Fassbender
4- Cavill (maybe)

Edited by Frankie, 24 August 2010 - 03:14 AM.

#285 tristanjblythe

tristanjblythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'll do it ;)

Seriously I'd be happy with a Craig-type - not necessarily in look or style but somebody unexpected and somebody that I was not that familiar with.

So long as they put in a good performance I'm happy - but lets hope Craig stays on a while so this isn't an issue yet.

#286 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

Noah Huntley, maybe.

Posted Image

I could accept Fassbender too. I'm also waiting to see what happens to Ben Barnes as he gets a bit older. I guess now that I think about it, here are my choices so far:

1- Huntly
3- Fassbender
4- Cavill (maybe)

He looks too much like Harrison Ford for me but I can see the potential

#287 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

Noah Huntley, maybe.

Posted Image

1- Huntly
3- Fassbender
4- Cavill (maybe)

He looks too much like Harrison Ford for me but I can see the potential

He is more square-jawed than HF and his hair is not goofy like him. Plus he is English, 6'1", and in his mid-30s.

#288 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

Wow, my choice stopped the thread! I suppose it means everyone else agrees. ;)

Edited by Frankie, 30 August 2010 - 01:57 AM.

#289 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

And if you think that Andy looks like a 'Russian Doorman'. Then you A)either need your eyes checked. Or B.) want are looking for Bond to look like a Playboy Centerfold.

Why do people jump on the bandwagon that says that any actor under 40 who clutches a gun in one scene or other is instantly a shoe-in for the role of Bond? Daniel Craig did not get noticed for clutching a gun in a film. He got noticed because he was a very good actor the industry respected and wanted to see more of. And he was appropriate in so many words for BOND - and not just in how he holds a gun.

And I do not want my Bond to look like a Playboy centrefold. Playgirl maybe... but not Playboy.

#290 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Gerard Butler. :)

#291 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

I want Tom Hardy. He's an absolute chameleon in his roles, attractive with a look that fits for Bond (though let's not put stock in that, lest we end up like the early Craig haters :rolleyes: ), and Inception really gave him exposure.

#292 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:36 AM

I want Tom Hardy. He's an absolute chameleon in his roles, attractive with a look that fits for Bond.....

IMO he does not look anything like Bond. Here's the best Bond-like pic of him that I found compared to one (not so much in a Bond pose) of Noah Huntley, the guy I like for the role (so far):
Posted Image Posted Image

I think there's not much argument there as to which one looks the part.

#293 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Wow!! It seems everybody is agreeing on Noah Huntley being the best choice. This thread came to a screeching halt after I posted pix of this guy. :tup:

#294 George88

George88

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

Wow!! It seems everybody is agreeing on Noah Huntley being the best choice. This thread came to a screeching halt after I posted pix of this guy. :tup:

Yes, everybody agrees. Every single person.

#295 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Yes, everybody agrees. Every single person.

Gee, I hope married ones agree too.

#296 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Fassbender......that's a name I'll remember :/ .

#297 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

I was gonna say Tom Hardy (loved him in inception) but since he's just been cast in batman 3 in an unspecified lead role there goes that idea.

aplogies to those who also want Hardey as by the time the role is up for grabs i think he'll be to big of a name

#298 mister-white

mister-white

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:46 AM

If you said Tom Hardy even a year ago, I would have thought you were mad as I (like many) had only seen him in Star Trek: Nemesis. But after Inception he has to be on our radar. Now I was thinking, especially after seeing him in RED, I really want to see Karl Urban as Bond. The only way that would work is if 23 is Craig's last, as Urban is only five or six years younger than Craig. So if Craig quits after 23 (which I'll say is a 2012 release), Urban would be 42/ 43 when 24 is released in 2014/15.

But those who disagree, look at this shot (from the aforementioned RED), seems very "Bondian":
Posted Image

#299 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

If you said Tom Hardy even a year ago, I would have thought you were mad as I (like many) had only seen him in Star Trek: Nemesis. But after Inception he has to be on our radar. Now I was thinking, especially after seeing him in RED, I really want to see Karl Urban as Bond. The only way that would work is if 23 is Craig's last, as Urban is only five or six years younger than Craig. So if Craig quits after 23 (which I'll say is a 2012 release), Urban would be 42/ 43 when 24 is released in 2014/15.

But those who disagree, look at this shot (from the aforementioned RED), seems very "Bondian":
Posted Image

Absolutely agree on Urban, just came back after watching RED, and he was really good. Kindof reminded me of a brunette Brad Pitt (even though this doesn't sound too good). I was against him in the past. I think he 'd be more than decent now.

#300 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

To those of you who want Tom Hardy to play 007 I have to respectfully say, "OH PUHLEEEEZ!!!!!" I just saw Inception and if that's your measure of how Bond he is you are dead wrong. The man looks like a younger Telly Savalas with a wig! Furthermore, he is even shorter than Craig.

Wow!