133 replies to this topic

#61 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Apparently Peter Morgan is bowing out of his duties on "a special relationshiP" with the press release stating Peter would work on bond 23 after he was done with a special relationship is it possible Peter morgan will be working on bond sooner?

#62 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

Apparently Peter Morgan is bowing out of his duties on "a special relationshiP" with the press release stating Peter would work on bond 23 after he was done with a special relationship is it possible Peter morgan will be working on bond sooner?

Where's this news?

#63 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

is it possible Peter morgan will be working on bond sooner?

Nope. Morgan will start writing BOND 23 when EON decide to start writing the script. They don't just approach him, ask him to do it and leave him to his own devices. Because he's working with P&W, they'll have meetings where they'll discuss ideas and hammer out a basic story that will form the basis of the early drafts. Morgan might be available now, but that doesn't mean he's going to plunge headlong into BOND 23. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if he takes a short break and works on other projects first; writers frequently do.

#64 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

Where's this news?

http://www.mi6forums...pic.php?t=48565

where he got it from i have no idea

#65 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

It has been announced that Peter Morgan is no longer directing HBO's THE SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP and is to be replaced by British director Richard Loncraine.

Some sources are suggesting that the change of course for Morgan's latest is due to his commitments on BOND 23 (which those sources are citing as being released late 2010).... though they are ONLY suggesting that so read this with a pinch of Stacey Sutton rock salt.

is it possible Peter morgan will be working on bond sooner?

Nope. Morgan will start writing BOND 23 when EON decide to start writing the script. They don't just approach him, ask him to do it and leave him to his own devices. Because he's working with P&W, they'll have meetings where they'll discuss ideas and hammer out a basic story that will form the basis of the early drafts. Morgan might be available now, but that doesn't mean he's going to plunge headlong into BOND 23. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if he takes a short break and works on other projects first; writers frequently do.

So, you're the first employee of Eon Productions Australia Limited?

#66 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

No, but I have seen the special features on DIE ANOTHER DAY where the producers describe the writing process as the way they've done it for several films. Why change what works? There's simply no need to re-invent the wheel unless you're a fan looking for any evidence that the film might be released earlier than the producers say despite their statements that they'll be taking a break and simply because you're impatient.

#67 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

No, but I have seen the special features on DIE ANOTHER DAY where the producers describe the writing process as the way they've done it for several films. Why change what works? There's simply no need to re-invent the wheel unless you're a fan looking for any evidence that the film might be released earlier than the producers say despite their statements that they'll be taking a break and simply because you're impatient.

Producers also say they can get away with the hildebrand rarity but that doesn't mean bond 23 is indeed the hildebrand rarity. Producers also said work would being in january of this year on bond 23.

my point producers say A LOT of things.

#68 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Empire magazine website seems convinced that we will see Bond 23 late next year.

#69 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

Empire magazine website seems convinced that we will see Bond 23 late next year.

Which means nothing I'm afraid.

Producers also say they can get away with the hildebrand rarity but that doesn't mean bond 23 is indeed the hildebrand rarity. Producers also said work would being in january of this year on bond 23.

But the journey of BOND 23 probably did start in the New Year (i.e. January 2009). Just not in the way folk round here want or imagine. It takes time to mould a film. It is like an ice sculpture. But before you start chipping away you need to freeze the water first.

#70 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:26 PM

Which means nothing I'm afraid.

But the journey of BOND 23 probably did start in the New Year (i.e. January 2009). Just not in the way folk round here want or imagine. It takes time to mould a film. It is like an ice sculpture. But before you start chipping away you need to freeze the water first.

Agreed but honestly I'm willing to give the producers more wiggle room then some fans. They assume (for some unknown reason) that bond 23 has to come out November 2011. Now 2010 may be an impossibility now (I honestly don't know and i'm not pretending i do) but that doesn't mean that january-august 2011 are out of the question. I have said my own instict is November 2010-may 2011 in that time frame we'll get bond 23. If i'm wrong ok but some people act as if it has been anounced November 2011 if it has where the heck was i?

#71 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

How do you think this is going to end? Really? Everybody is going to start trying to find tiny little flaws in what the producers have said, trying to find evidence that we're going to get BOND 23 a day, a week, a month or a year earlier than what they claimed, and they're going to convince themselves that not only are they right, but that the producers said it. And then the film is going to ship in 2011 and everything will come crashing down and the forum will be flooded with complaints about how the film is late, that the producers said one thing and did another and all the whinging will drive half the forum made and the other half away and all the producers ever did was say "We're going to release it in 2011".

Just shut up and accept what they say for the time being. Because if you don't, you're only going to make your life and our lives miserable because you were impatient. And trust me, I'm miserable enough as it is. I don't need your hel.

#72 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

The Empire 2010 release was based on the Hollywood Repoter, but with DC planning or looking for a film right now (Dream project)and doing Broadway at least during september/october its not likely they can start Bond in January, like they would need to.

#73 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

As I mentioned in the first post, the key will be the naming of a director.

If a director is named by Eon Productions anytime between now and by the end of August, then it's highly likely that cameras will roll no later than February, thus allowing for a late 2010 release.

If not, then Tightpants can say "I told you so...I told you guys to shut the B) up!..."

I am not saying i'm "right"...i'm saying i'm "bullish". It's the "optimist" in me.

#74 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

If a director is named by Eon Productions anytime between now and by the end of August, then it's highly likely that cameras will roll no later than February, thus allowing for a late 2010 release.

???? Why is that "highly likely"?

#75 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

In my opinion, if a director is announced later than September, then I will become bearish on the idea of a late 2010 release. In my opinion, It will be too late if a director is announced in, say, October because the director will have too little time to properly integrate his own ideas into the screenplay, do location recces, etc.

I think a good comfort level, a good workable level is around six months. four months won't be enough. If you look at modern Bond history, no director is announced less than four months to principal photograpy. At least six months is the norm. Two months extra prep time is HUGE at such a stage in the production.

#76 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

In my opinion, if a director is announced later than September, then I will become bearish on the idea of a late 2010 release. In my opinion, It will be too late if a director is announced in, say, October because the director will have too little time to properly integrate his own ideas into the screenplay, do location recces, etc.

I think a good comfort level, a good workable level is around six months. four months won't be enough. If you look at modern Bond history, no director is announced less than four months to principal photograpy. At least six months is the norm. Two months extra prep time is HUGE at such a stage in the production.

I am sure I have said this before, but why are you deciding the production schedule of a film based on when the publicity department makes its announcements? The two are completely unrelated.

#77 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

I am sure I have said this before, but why are you deciding the production schedule of a film based on when the publicity department makes its announcements? The two are completely unrelated.

What else am I supposed to base my prognostications on, other than public announcements and modern Eon history?

I'm engaging in conjecture.

At this moment in time i'd rather engage in speculation about Bond 23 than chit chat about the Lazenby "era" or Roger Moore's views on Quantum's opening Aston sequence.

#78 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

What else am I supposed to base my prognostications on, other than public announcements and modern Eon history?

At this moment in time i'd rather engage in speculation about Bond 23 than chit chat about the Lazenby "era" or Roger Moore's views on Quantum's opening Aston sequence.

"Modern Eon history" or the history of Eon's Press Releases? Either way I thinking you are barking up The Speculative Tree with the wrong dog.

I'm with you on your last point though.

#79 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

In my opinion, if a director is announced later than September, then I will become bearish on the idea of a late 2010 release...

...If you look at modern Bond history, no director is announced less than four months to principal photograpy. At least six months is the norm. Two months extra prep time is HUGE at such a stage in the production.

"Modern Eon history" or the history of Eon's Press Releases. Either way I thinking you are barking up The Speculative Tree with the wrong dog.

With which dog ought to I be barking up that tree?

#80 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

In my opinion, if a director is announced later than September, then I will become bearish on the idea of a late 2010 release...

...If you look at modern Bond history, no director is announced less than four months to principal photograpy. At least six months is the norm. Two months extra prep time is HUGE at such a stage in the production.

"Modern Eon history" or the history of Eon's Press Releases. Either way I thinking you are barking up The Speculative Tree with the wrong dog.

All I am suggesting is that people don't speculate on when a film is coming out based on the press announcements of the previous film. It makes no sense. Every Bond film is different. Campbell was onboard for quite a while before ROYALE's PR folk told the world. He was then on board for quite a while before the film was released - a pattern that had no bearing and wasn't repeated on SOLACE and, hence, has no bearing on BOND 23.

Eon already have their director anyway...

#81 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

All I am suggesting is that people don't speculate on when a film is coming out based on the press announcements of the previous film. It makes no sense. Every Bond film is different. Campbell was onboard for quite a while before ROYALE's PR folk told the world. He was then on board for quite a while before the film was released - a pattern that had no bearing and wasn't repeated on SOLACE and, hence, has no bearing on BOND 23.

Well, then it's game on for November 2010, isn't it?

To crystalize what i'm saying: If a director has not signed on by October, then don't expect a 2010 release.

Given your final sentence, however, we have every reason to believe we're in for an October/November/December 2010 James Bond film and Tightpants is full of B) when he tells people to "shut up".

Correct?

#82 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Perhaps the more challenging question is this: who is the director? The only name we've heard thrown about is Tony Gilroy, and that was ages ago.

#83 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

To crystalize what i'm saying: If a director has not signed on by October, then don't expect a 2010 release.

Given your final sentence, however, we have every reason to believe we're in for an October/November/December 2010 James Bond film and Tightpants is full of B).

Correct?

A director can be "signed" as you put it at any stage. What that tells us about press releases and shooting dates is quite beyond me and not how things work.

A director could be signed now. But that is no-one's business. Telling the press is a publicity formality, NOT THE INDICATION OF A NINE MONTH WAIT TO RELEASE DATE!!!

The words HEAD, BRICK WALL and BANGING PAINFULLY come to mind...

#84 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

Given your final sentence, however, we have every reason to believe we're in for an October/November/December 2010 James Bond film and Tightpants is full of B).

Correct?

A director can be "signed" as you put it at any stage. What that tells us about press releases and shooting dates is quite beyond me and not how things work.

A director could be signed now. But that is no-one's business. Telling the press is a publicity formality, NOT THE INDICATION OF A NINE MONTH WAIT TO RELEASE DATE!!!

So, you don't think we'll get a James Bond film in late 2010?

Yes or no. Please.

:tdown:

#85 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

Is it highly unlikely?

Probably not.

Correct?

So, you don't think we'll get a James Bond film in late 2010?

Yes or no. Please.

:tdown:

I will not be pushed on my stance on a release date or title for any Bond film that may come out before the 2012 Olympics.

#86 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

I don't see why this thread is still open, to he honest.

All it is is garbage from an impatient forum member who can't hold on an extra year for a damn film. Michael G Wilson said he's aiming for a 2011 release date, numerous times, so why are you so convinced that we'll get a Bond film in 2010?

Granted, I would love this to be the case, but I'd rather hold on an extra year, and get a well padded storyline, decent characters and a complelling plot instead of another half finished, badly edited, rushed, wall to wall action movie. That, IN MY OPINION, we got with Quantum of Solace.

And I know that the moment I post this, I'll get a sarky remark saying "Ohhh! All the other films released on a 2 year cycle didn't have this problem", but in all fairness, the movie industry isn't like it used to be.

So can we please respect the wishes of the producers, and let them work on Bond 23 in their own time, and not pressure them into making a average action movie.

Thank you.

#87 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

I doubt they're going to feel pressurised by some random posts on an internet message board.

#88 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

I doubt they're going to feel pressurised by some random posts on an internet message board.

I doubt if they even come on this message board, let alone any other, in the first place.

#89 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

Precisely.

There's a big difference between "pressurising" and "speculating". Some of us can actually tell/see the difference.

Mharkin, kindly cite one line of mine which would be considered "pressuring" the Producers.

I doubt they have any interest in listening to any one of us.

Let me suggest that if there is any "pressure", then it's coming from Metro Goldwyn Meyer...they are the ones who need the money.

Be a little more objective about things, please.

#90 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

You seem constantly exasperated by almost everyone on here...your surname isn't Fawlty is it?

B)