133 replies to this topic

#1 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

The writing team announcement is suggestive of the upholding of a two year gap.

We all know that Craig has been in renewed training at the gym and has said he is ready to go soon. In fact it feels like he wants one sooner than later.

We also know that MGM needs the money really badly and six to twelve months can be eternity in business these days. Life and death, really.

It feels bullish for a directoral announcement in the next three months. That is the key to me. If, for instance, a director is announce by mid September (a good three months from now), then I think you can go banco on a James Bond film being released within 15 months of that...Thanksgiving or Christmas 2010 would looks odds on to me.

All this, of course, is subject to no loss in quality. From the looks of it, that fear seems unfounded these days. Morgan is probably a step up from Haggis if one's to be objective.

Thoughts?

#2 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

We all know that Craig has been in renewed training at the gym and has said he is ready to go soon. In fact it feels like he wants one sooner than later.

We also know that MGM needs the money really badly and six to twelve months can be eternity in business these days. Life and death, really.

It feels bullish for a directoral announcement in the next three months. That is the key to me. If, for instance, a director is announce by mid September (a good three months from now), then I think you can go banco on a James Bond film being released within 15 months of that...Thanksgiving or Christmas 2010 would looks odds on to me.

Thoughts?

I believe it's possilbe

I've said from the get go i expect bond 23 betwen November 2010 and May 2011.

Bond 23 in 2010 would be quite good I'd be happy with it (and epsecially if had a fleming title like The Hildebrand Rarity or the Property of a lady B))

I just don't see any reason, espeically with the anouncment of the writers, for bond 23 to come out later then May 2011.

I know a few people will come on here and Scream November 2011 Between them and the news of a possible december 2010 release arguing which is right. To quote Felix Leighter "apparently Someone knows something I don't"

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

I was under the impression that work on the script hasn't even begun yet, seeing as the writers are still involved in other projects. I still think we won't be seeing the next one until 2011, but you never know.

#4 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

I was under the impression that work on the script hasn't even begun yet, seeing as the writers are still involved in other projects. I still think we won't be seeing the next one until 2011, but you never know.

Zorin seems to think that the trio had been working together prior to the announcement.

???

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

A possibility to some degree. Depending on how long ago he was considered the three of them could easily have bounced some ideas back and forth, but at least judging from what MGW said and the recent announcement regarding the trio, it would appear that substantial writing has yet to begin. P&W could have started something, yes, but Morgan is still tied to another project and won't really get into Bond for a little while longer. Again, mere conjecture.

#6 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

What is Morgan working on right now...i.e., what's the other project?

Curious.

#7 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

A possibility to some degree. Depending on how long ago he was considered the three of them could easily have bounced some ideas back and forth, but at least judging from what MGW said and the recent announcement regarding the trio, it would appear that substantial writing has yet to begin. P&W could have started something, yes, but Morgan is still tied to another project and won't really get into Bond for a little while longer. Again, mere conjecture.

Plus they may decide to spend more time developing the script because of the criticism of the QoS script and make sure they have got a solid script as a foundation much like what they did with CR. However, there really is no way to predict when it will come out since we don't work at EON so never say never but I would rather have a 2011 release than 2010 if it meant for a better more developed story which would translate to a better movie. If the script could be well developed before Feb. or March 2010 then I could see a Christmas 2010 release which is the earliest I think Bond 23 could be released but I think a more realistic release date would be summer/fall 2011. You never know though since I could not have predicted the writing team they have put together so maybe their will be a surprise release date.

#8 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Zorin seems to think that the trio had been working together prior to the announcement.

???

I seem to agree with that. I think things have been going since January.
But why did they state 2011 in the press release then?

#9 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

I very much doubt that we see BOND 23 before 2011. Given that Wilson wants to take more time in between in order to take a break from it all, then I would imagine that the reported 2011 release is accurate.

#10 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

Christmas 2010, I reckon.

#11 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

???

I think things have been going since January.

Really? Wow. What makes you say that?

#12 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

???

I think things have been going since January.

Really? Wow. What makes you say that?

probably Michal G wilsons Comment That things would start in january for bond 23

and i agree make no mistake they have at the very least an outline if not a first draft done.

2010 is possible we will have to wait and see.

#13 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

2010 is possible, but I'm doubting it. I think 2011 is more likely.

#14 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Given that Wilson wants to take more time in between in order to take a break from it all...

...but it seems as if they're not getting a "break".

MGM is in financial desperate straights.

I think they (MGM) could be pushing the timeline forward...possibly with something to 'sweeten the deal' for Wilson and Broccoli in lieu of a "break".

#15 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

Given that Wilson wants to take more time in between in order to take a break from it all...

I think they (MGM) could be pushing the timeline forward...possibly with something to 'sweeten the deal' for Wilson and Broccoli in lieu of a "break".

?

#16 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

now the chitty chit bang bang remake and remote control make snese to projects which honestly don't sound like real cash cows nut perhaps bond 23 is moving foward and mgm is more willing to bakc Eon's other prioject

just an idea.

#17 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

I've stated in a few other threads that I'd prefer Bond 23 to be sooner (2010) than later so potentially to have Bond 24 for the 50th anniversary film.

I hope that's the case regardless of what's been bandied about. Also, the Fall movie market has proven strong for the release of Bond since '95 vs. the spring/summer traditional onslaught of major motion pictures.

Stick to the fall release and give us Bond 23 in '10.

Hopefully by this time next year the board will be flooded with all of us raving about the teaser trailer. B)

Hildebrand? Property? Riscio? - I'm for any of the three. Just give us a kick butt Bond film and give it to us in November of 2010.

#18 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

Peter Morgan sounds a good choice. With films like The Queen, The last King Of scotland and Nixon/Frost which what I have gathered have all recived good reviews mean that we might get a good story. Even though I feel that the third film should continue for QOS just to give Craig time to develop the character of Bond more. But DC has said that Quantum arc is now completed. I hope that it is 2010

#19 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

While I would like to see a 2010 release, I think we are looking at 2011. First, MGW has stated he wanted more time off. Second, just over a month ago he stated to the press that Bond 23 "was not a glimmer in it's mother's eye" (or something like that). Third, According to Variety, MGM/EON is eyeing a 2011 release. The earliest I expect Bond 23 is May 2011.

#20 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

While I would like to see a 2010 release, I think we are looking at 2011. First, MGW has stated he wanted more time off. Second, just over a month ago he stated to the press that Bond 23 "was not a glimmer in it's mother's eye" (or something like that). Third, According to Variety, MGM/EON is eyeing a 2011 release. The earliest I expect Bond 23 is May 2011.

I think that Bond 23 will be with us in November 2011, but I would prefer it if Hildebrand was right.... B)

#21 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

I think that Bond 23 will be with us in November 2011, but I would prefer it if Hildebrand was right.... B)

My sentiments exactly

#22 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

All this, of course, is subject to no loss in quality. From the looks of it, that fear seems unfounded these days. Morgan is probably a step up from Haggis if one's to be objective.

Thoughts?

Oh please please be true. I love your optimism HBR, especially coming from a huge and rare
( :tdown: ) Quantum fan. It does seem odd to hire three writers in June 2009 for a movie supposed to be released 2 years from now right?

btw, check this story out:

http://www.asianews....&...5456&size=A

Doesn't that sound like something a pair of Quantum operatives would do? Smuggling 134 Billion bucks!!?? B)

The earliest I expect Bond 23 is May 2011.

Spiderman 4 is due May 2011...would 007 wanna go up against a Marvel property? They jumped off the May 2008 date to avoid Iron Man competition...

?

LOL we all get a Bond film in 2010! :tdown:

#23 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

I've also heard that the fourth Bourne movie is due in 2011, so would EON really want to risk pitting James Bond against Jason Bourne in the same year? So hopefully Bond 23 will be out next year...If not, 2011 is gonna be a helluva year for this Bond and Bourne fan!! B)

#24 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

I've also heard that the fourth Bourne movie is due in 2011, so would EON really want to risk pitting James Bond against Jason Bourne in the same year? So hopefully Bond 23 will be out next year...If not, 2011 is gonna be a helluva year for this Bond and Bourne fan!! B)

Well it would be the ultimate test: Bond vs Bourne.

#25 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

They jumped off the May 2008 date to avoid Iron Man competition...

Actually I think they jumped off the May 2008 date because the director they were in negotiations with left the project (Roger Mitchell).

#26 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

I thought Bourne 4 was slated for summer 2010.

#27 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

Spiderman 4 is due May 2011...would 007 wanna go up against a Marvel property? They jumped off the May 2008 date to avoid Iron Man competition...

But thats assuming that Bond 23 and Spider-man 4 were released on the same day which would never happen but say Bond 23 was released during Memorial Day weekend much like Indiana Jones 4 was last year and Spider-man 4 is released at the beginning of May like the first and third were and also like Iron Man last year. Well taking that into account did Indiana Jones 4, which is similar in name to a Bond film, get hurt by the blockbuster that was Iron Man? No, in fact both films made over $300 million domestically in the U.S. which is almost double the usual domestic Bond take. Likewise if we compare the highest grossing Spider-man movie, Spider-man 4, which was released at the begging of May did this hurt the films released at Memorial day? Again the answer is no since the third Pirates movie was released on Memorial Day weekend in 2007 and still managed to gross over $300 million domestically. My point is that if Bond 23 were to be released in the summer they would not have it released on the back of a Spider-man film or a some other big name film but spaced out and I could see it being released in the summer and still be successful plus summer blockbusters tend to gross a lot more than blockbusters from the fall since movie attendance is up.

#28 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

I thought Bourne 4 was slated for summer 2010.

Here's the link to where I found the news, Tarl..

http://www.firstshow...in-summer-2011/

By the way, I got your back Tarl as another one of those rare folks who thought Quantum of Solace was absolutely brilliant!! :tdown: I'm just shocked that it's getting such bad flack..I really don't see why!! Anyways, we'll have to meet up in Vegas (perhaps this summer.. I'm planning on coming out after graduating..will keep u posted) for a few drinks and discuss it..

#29 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Speaking of Spiderman, I really would love if Sam Raimi was considered to direct a Bond movie, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

OK, back to the topic...

I'm not really that optimistic, so I'm just banking on 2011 and 2010 is a best case scenario at this point.

#30 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

Thoughts?

I think people are reaching into hammerspace and coming up with ideas to satisfy their need to have a film once every two years. Does it really matter if we get it in 2010 or 2011?