188 replies to this topic

#61 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

He would be great. But this isn't going to happen. I mean, get real. The guy can do anything he wants. He not going to do the 23rd James Bond movie where he will be creatively constrained, won't get a percentage, and will not have final cut. When you win the Lottery, you don't trade the winnings in for a new Lottery ticket. Pre Oscar sweep...yes, maybe he would do one. But now? The idea is laughable.

I agree, but it doesn't surprise me that Eon (if this is true) tested the waters by asking if he'd be interested (of course it never hurts to ask). He seems to fit with what they've been gunning for lately.

I think the next director needs to have a lot of.... vision. They did the first movie and I think QoS squeaks by because it was so connected to the first, but I think it's important that the third set the course of the ship. (i.e., they need a Dark Knight)

#62 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

I'm sorry? What happened to this same story I posted last night? It seems to have disappeared!

Is there a MOd on here right now? Can they PM me as I feel someone erased my same story last night on purpose!

Edited by danslittlefinger, 03 March 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#63 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

They need a Dark Knight

Well Christopher Nolan hasn't won as Oscar yet...

#64 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

He would be great. But this isn't going to happen. I mean, get real. The guy can do anything he wants. He not going to do the 23rd James Bond movie where he will be creatively constrained, won't get a percentage, and will not have final cut. When you win the Lottery, you don't trade the winnings in for a new Lottery ticket. Pre Oscar sweep...yes, maybe he would do one. But now? The idea is laughable.

Well, I don't think the idea's laughable, exactly, but I'd agree that, on balance, it's unlikely.

#65 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Is it to early to start a tabloid section on Bond 23?

sham,e that the rumour died.

#66 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Well, I don't think the idea's laughable, exactly, but I'd agree that, on balance, it's unlikely.

Yeah. Bad word. Sorry. It's certainly not laughable to a Bond fan or, I suspect, to Danny Boyle who may very well be a Bond fan. I just flashed on "the business" and envisioned a pack of CAA agents considering this for Danny and...there was laughter.

#67 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

They need a Dark Knight

Well Christopher Nolan hasn't won as Oscar yet...

Yeah well Nolan can do whatever the hell he wants too. I think he's busy anyway and IMO, he'd probably say no because he is doing Batman. Jonathan Nolan as a screenwriter though. That's possible and he has worked with Paul Haggis.

#68 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

I see both Nolans as unlikely However that said I'd welcome either with open arms. As i would of easily accepted Danny Boyle Directing bond 23.

#69 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

http://debrief.comma...mp;#entry998622

http://www.spicezee..../story24499.htm
ALREADY in TABLOID TRASH from last night and not credited to me

double standards abound... :(

Edited by danslittlefinger, 04 March 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#70 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
The Sun says 'Slumdog Millionaire' director being pursued by Barbara Broccoli

#71 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

One of the rumours I would actually like to be true. :)

I really hope this is the case.

LMAO...

"The Sun says 'Slumdog Millionaire' director being pursued by Barbara Broccoli"

She wont let him go, like Craig. :(

#72 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'd rather have Boyle (or my friend's two guinea pigs) direct Bond over Spotiswoode. What a mistake TND was (and Boyle would have been ripe for Bond instead of making the mistake Life Less Ordinary). Those rumours of Peter Medak- oh what a wasted opportunity.

That was for TWINE.

He'd made Species II for MGM just before that. And he'd worked with Purvis and Wade, as well, of course. So, there was probably a lot of truth to those rumours.

Shame, really. Because he probably would have turned out a better film than the one we ended up with.

#73 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

Yeah the rumour is alive again :(

I liked 28 Days later And i'll see Slumdog if/when Boyle is confirmed (I'm a popcorn movie guy not a realy artsy film type i know i know i should broaden my horizons)

Good to see bond 23 rumours begining :)

And As For Barbra maybe she has thing for guys named Danny if so My name Is danny Let me do the theme song :)

#74 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

I liked 28 Days later And i'll see Slumdog if/when Boyle is confirmed (I'm a popcorn movie guy not a realy artsy film type i know i know i should broaden my horizons)

For what it's worth, out of my friends, it has been those who prefer popcorn movies that enjoyed SLUMDOG, whereas the artier ones did not. Admittedly, this isn't really indicative of the general public as a whole...

#75 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

Well i have decided with Bond 23 this is the first time i'm gonna try and get a sense of the actors / director before the film is released. so if Boyle is indeed the director (yes it's tabloid trash yes it's a rumour but the Sun did get DC's Casting Right and they reported it first so maybe they are right this time too) I will re watch 28 days later and see slumdog :(

#76 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Well i have decided with Bond 23 this is the first time i'm gonna try and get a sense of the actors / director before the film is released. so if Boyle is indeed the director (yes it's tabloid trash yes it's a rumour but the Sun did get DC's Casting Right and they reported it first so maybe they are right this time too) I will re watch 28 days later and see slumdog :(

The Sun got DC's casting right as Craig's mother accidently let slip when they asked her about her son being chosen (which he was at the time but not public knowledge)..she fell for the oldest trick going. She confirmed it hence the story having to come out earlier than expected.

#77 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

If he is hired, which would surprise me, I hope he lends his talents to the script as well.

#78 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

The Sun got DC's casting right as Craig's mother accidently let slip when they asked her about her son being chosen (which he was at the time but not public knowledge)..she fell for the oldest trick going. She confirmed it hence the story having to come out earlier than expected.

Quick get Danny Boyle's mother on the phone NOW!

lol

#79 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

For what it's worth, out of my friends, it has been those who prefer popcorn movies that enjoyed SLUMDOG, whereas the artier ones did not. Admittedly, this isn't really indicative of the general public as a whole...

This is probably true sense when I saw Slumdog it did not feel artsy to me and it felt more like a really good mainstream movie to me especially how it looked as good visually as CR and QoS but only had a $15 million budget.

#80 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

It will never happen. Danny Boyle is to famous now and high profile.

#81 CaptainPower

CaptainPower

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

One of the rumours I would actually like to be true. :)

LMAO...

Could we be seeing Danny Boyle emerge from the sea in Bond 23, tiny blue trunks and all?! :)

#82 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

One of the rumours I would actually like to be true. ;)

LMAO...

Could we be seeing Danny Boyle emerge from the sea in Bond 23, tiny blue trunks and all?! :)

If Babs gets her way ......... :)

#83 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

Haven't seen slumdog yet. My mom has and loved it and she one of those people who normally can't stand movies. I Deffinately would want a new 2nd unit that's for sure.

#84 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

I'm sorry? What happened to this same story I posted last night? It seems to have disappeared!

Is there a MOd on here right now? Can they PM me as I feel someone erased my same story last night on purpose!

It got put in Tabloid Trash where it belongs.

ALREADY in TABLOID TRASH from last night but not credited to me.

Tragic.

Why isn't this thread in there, then?
Seems like an absolute non-story to me, to be honest.

#85 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

It got put in Tabloid Trash where it belongs.

ALREADY in TABLOID TRASH from last night but not credited to me.

Tragic.

Why isn't this thread in there, then?
Seems like an absolute non-story to me, to be honest.

Good question. It is a non-story. Slumdog Millionaire was originally intended to be straight-to-DVD fare. Boyle is a glorified hack. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire so I could be wrong (probably not though).

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is an archaic institution that only awards art house crap. :(

#86 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Wow, so you haven't even seen the movie that he's lauded for and you call him a hack. Nice. I question whether you've seen anything from Boyle to be honest Righty.

28 Days Later, right?

#87 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

Boyle is a glorified hack.

I think that's really, really unfair. Boyle is certainly not a hack, and when he wants to be, can be one hell of a stylist (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE's one real strength is Boyle's direction).

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is an archaic institution that only awards art house crap. :(

GLADIATOR, A BEAUTIFUL MIND, CHICAGO, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING, and THE DEPARTED were "arthouse"? News to me.

#88 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Danny Boyle is an awful choice for Bond.

If he gets it we will have more of the same with yet another so-called drama director without any previous experience in big budget movies like Bond. Why not try something different for a change. Like someone who is actually comfortable with the action. Then spend the money on a good writer instead.

#89 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Good question. It is a non-story. Slumdog Millionaire was originally intended to be straight-to-DVD fare. Boyle is a glorified hack.

That's all bullcrap.

I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire so I could be wrong (probably not though).

Quelle surprise.

So you're saying that what you consider a straight-to-DVD hack job is considered art house fare by the Academy? What are you on about?

#90 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

Boyle is a glorified hack.

I think that's really, really unfair. Boyle is certainly not a hack, and when he wants to be, can be one hell of a stylist (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE's one real strength is Boyle's direction).

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is an archaic institution that only awards art house crap. :)

GLADIATOR, A BEAUTIFUL MIND, CHICAGO, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING, and THE DEPARTED were "arthouse"? News to me.

Those films may not have been "art house" but they sure were crap (except THE DEPARTED).

When the Academy stops awarding :( like MILK and BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and starts awarding real genius' like Chris Nolan and superb films liked THE DARK KNIGHT, they'll get my respect.

THE DARK KNIGHT would have been nominated had Bruce Wayne been gay or a slumdog. A real shame.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I just don't dig the liberal Hollywood "elite" or their archaic Academy.