1332 replies to this topic

#151 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'm deep into the universe of Battlestar Galactica at the moment. Bought the first three seasons on DVD, and have wasted so much time watching them it's getting embarrassing. What a fantastic, addictive series. I might shed a tear when I watch the final episode.

Tried to watch some of the original show too, it was absolutely awful compared to the remake.

#152 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:15 PM

Britains Got Talent. B)

#153 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

Glee on Fox. It's a good show, a nice comedy about high school and their theater program.
Maybe I'm a little biased because I was involved in theater in high school too.

#154 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:05 AM

Glee on Fox. It's a good show, a nice comedy about high school and their theater program.

I watched the pilot when it was previewed after American Idol, and thought that it was very good, and definitely plan to check it out again when the series gets underway in the fall.

#155 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:20 AM

LOST, as usual for me. Brilliant as always.

#156 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:30 AM

I'm deep into the universe of Battlestar Galactica at the moment. Bought the first three seasons on DVD, and have wasted so much time watching them it's getting embarrassing. What a fantastic, addictive series. I might shed a tear when I watch the final episode.

Tried to watch some of the original show too, it was absolutely awful compared to the remake.

Indeed. Original is just ugh by comparison any more. And ftr, finale brings a tear to me eye every time.

#157 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:34 AM

Watched Jay Leno's final night as host of THE TONIGHT SHOW. It's kind of sad to see the end of an era like that, especially as he's the only host of THE TONIGHT SHOW that I remember (was a bit too young to stay up for it when Carson was the host). While I'll probably still watch it with Conan O'Brien as the host, I'll probably watch it less regularly. Thanks Jay for many great years and great laughs. B)

#158 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Watched an episode from the 1st season of Macgyver. B)

#159 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

Watched the A-Team last night. Still wondering how they can fire 60 rounds from a 30 round clip. LOL

"I ain't gettin on no plane!"

#160 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

I watched the pilot when it was previewed after American Idol, and thought that it was very good, and definitely plan to check it out again when the series gets underway in the fall.

I think that Glee'll do until the fall season (or until 24 starts up again. :tdown: :tdown:). It's nice to see another fan! B)

#161 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:52 AM

Watched an episode from the 1st season of Macgyver. B)

Probably the best season and of course the episode entitled Heist from the 1st season mentions James Bond plus no one can make a weapon out of practically every day materials than MacGyver, man sometimes I wish I could find shortcuts like he does.

I watched two episodes of The X-Files:

Monday-Taking the groundhog day storyline but in a much more serious way and I felt the way this episode dealt with suppressed memories was great.

Field Trip-I simply love this episode in the way they deal with perception and when you think Mulder and Scully have got out of the trap you find out they have not.

I really like The X-Files and its intelligent storylines, call it a thinking man's kind of science fiction.

#162 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:59 AM

Watched LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT tonight. First episode of the show I've seen with Jeff Goldblum as a part of the cast. Very good. B)

#163 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

Watched Jay Leno's final night as host of THE TONIGHT SHOW. It's kind of sad to see the end of an era like that, especially as he's the only host of THE TONIGHT SHOW that I remember (was a bit too young to stay up for it when Carson was the host). While I'll probably still watch it with Conan O'Brien as the host, I'll probably watch it less regularly. Thanks Jay for many great years and great laughs. B)

I'm a fan of conan and I think he'll do ok, i'm only going to wonder how he'll fare knowing that jay leno once again is going to be his lead-in, uncomfortably.

#164 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

I'm a fan of conan and I think he'll do ok, i'm only going to wonder how he'll fare knowing that jay leno once again is going to be his lead-in, uncomfortably.

I think that it's going to be interesting at the beginning to see how that dynamic works out, but I don't know if THE JAY LENO SHOW is going to last too particularly long on NBC. He's taking 5 hours of scripted programming away from the network, so whether or not the show works out will depend on what kind of programming viewers want to see. If viewers want comedy, then Leno will be a big ratings hit. If they want the traditional dramas that usually are slotted in the 10pm slot, then Leno will not bring in the ratings and then the show will probably be gone from the schedule and he'll be off to either ABC or FOX to host an 11:35 talk show in direct competition with Conan.

#165 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Indeed. Original is just ugh by comparison any more. And ftr, finale brings a tear to me eye every time.

Great, can't wait to see it.
The original felt like watching the Adam West Batman series these days, post-The Dark Knight.

#166 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:02 AM

Watched THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O'BRIEN tonight. It was as good as could be expected considering that it's the first show under a new host, and it was more of a set-up for what's to come rather than a proper show.

With that said, it was very strange to see someone else hosting THE TONIGHT SHOW. Leno's the only host I've known on the show, so it's going to take a lot of getting used to for me.

#167 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Battlestar Galatica Mini Series

After the Wire vs BSG debate sparked by Empire and many friends raving about this I thought it was time I got a look at what everyone was going on about.

What I presume to be a bargain despite some bitching on Amazon I picked up the 1-4 Boxset, yes it is missing the last 10 episodes released in the UK yesterday but includes the pilot mini series and the full length movie Razor released between the the first half and the 2nd half of the final season.

This cost me £32.50 with free postage, 48 hrs or so to get through. Well my thoughts on the pilot are very promising, this could well change my view about sci-fi big time, where I don't think it will hit the heights of The Wire I can see the roots of something extremely impressive, I do get the vibe this has got plenty to say and the fact I've been told dialogue heavy episodes are as riveting as the battle backed ones really excites me, after tasting the pilot, the ending truly tantalises and makes me want to savour more.

#168 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

Law and Order: Criminal Intent. The addition of Jeff Goldblum to the cast is most welcome. The show has always needed, imo, an effective balance to Vincent Donofrio's intensely eccentric performance. Goldblum's relaxed, cool and sexy.

#169 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

After the Wire vs BSG debate sparked by Empire and many friends raving about this I thought it was time I got a look at what everyone was going on about.

What I presume to be a bargain despite some bitching on Amazon I picked up the 1-4 Boxset, yes it is missing the last 10 episodes released in the UK yesterday but includes the pilot mini series and the full length movie Razor released between the the first half and the 2nd half of the final season.

This cost me £32.50 with free postage, 48 hrs or so to get through. Well my thoughts on the pilot are very promising, this could well change my view about sci-fi big time, where I don't think it will hit the heights of The Wire I can see the roots of something extremely impressive, I do get the vibe this has got plenty to say and the fact I've been told dialogue heavy episodes are as riveting as the battle backed ones really excites me, after tasting the pilot, the ending truly tantalises and makes me want to savour more.

My friend, the miniseries is NOTHING compared to the overwhelming greatness of the regular show, so you're in for a treat!

Oh, and BSG kicks The Wire's butt into space any day.

#170 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

Watched THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O'BRIEN tonight. It was as good as could be expected considering that it's the first show under a new host, and it was more of a set-up for what's to come rather than a proper show.

With that said, it was very strange to see someone else hosting THE TONIGHT SHOW. Leno's the only host I've known on the show, so it's going to take a lot of getting used to for me.

Good to hear and like you Leno was always the host when I think of The Tonight Show but I do find O'Brien to be pretty funny as well. Isn't Leno getting his own 10 PM ET show or am I just misremembering?

My friend, the miniseries is NOTHING compared to the overwhelming greatness of the regular show, so you're in for a treat!

I've never been able to catch this show and might have to see what the hype is all about. Plus I really like shows that are in the Sci-Fi genre that get it right.

Watching soaps on Univision right now. No idea what show, came in late. Don't speak a lick of Spanish either. But I can still usually figure out what's going on. And it's fun to make up the dialogue.

I used to do the same and found them to be hilarious and I also took like two classes of Spanish in my first two years of college so I know a little of what they are saying.

#171 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

Plus I really like shows that are in the Sci-Fi genre that get it right.

I have to admit this is the only sci fi TV-show I've ever really liked, despite loving the genre. Don't know if that says more about me than the general quality of the series out there, though.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with BSG. The cast has no weak links at all, the writing is superb, and the effects are fantastic (not just in a "good for TV" way, they often look better than what I saw in Abrams' Star Trek as an example).
Plus, the way it is shoot (very documentary-like) makes it all feel more real than anything else I've seen in this genre. You really feel you get to know the characters because of it.

#172 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Plus I really like shows that are in the Sci-Fi genre that get it right.

I have to admit this is the only sci fi TV-show I've ever really liked, despite loving the genre. Don't know if that says more about me than the general quality of the series out there, though.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with BSG. The cast has no weak links at all, the writing is superb, and the effects are fantastic (not just in a "good for TV" way, they often look better than what I saw in Abrams' Star Trek as an example).
Plus, the way it is shoot (very documentary-like) makes it all feel more real than anything else I've seen in this genre. You really feel you get to know the characters because of it.

Thats good to hear. I don't know if The X-Files or Lost would be considered sci-fi but I really like both of those shows and they have sci-fi-ish elements to them.

#173 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Good to hear and like you Leno was always the host when I think of The Tonight Show but I do find O'Brien to be pretty funny as well. Isn't Leno getting his own 10 PM ET show or am I just misremembering?

You're not misremembering, Leno is headed to the (quite originally titled B)) THE JAY LENO SHOW starting sometime in September at 10pm. It's going to be something to watch, however, as it's a fairly controversial move that has forced NBC to split it's 2009-2010 season into two parts and reduce the number of episodes for a good number of their shows from 22 to somewhere in the 13-16 range, as 5 hours a week that is usually scheduled for scripted programming now is going to keep Leno on the air for an hour each weeknight.

#174 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Family Guy is on in the background (BBCTHREE). I've just actually realised how bad the animation is in the first few seasons. I don't like the voice acting, either.

#175 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

An old episode from LOST.
Kate and Sawyer fight it out over a metal suitcase which she got her hands on during a bank robbery.

#176 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

I watched Paranormal State on A&E. I've got to say, I really like the show. Too bad the season's just ended.

#177 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:26 AM

Deadliest Catch..Opening of the 2009 Opilio season..It's SO good to see Capt. Phil back onboard the Cornelia Marie..too bad about all the major repairs that have set him back!! Hope he and the rest of the fleet have a safe and successful season!!

#178 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

That's some big words, not a huge Sci Fi fan to be honest and The Wire is more my kind of thing but I think this series is going to be superb.

I was so blown away by the Wire as my thread on that show will show, so I think those comments are OTT for me but I'll keep an open mind.

Did you watch all The Wire?

#179 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien.

The overall show was 7/10.

But Conan sprinting across America from NY to LA with Surrender (by Cheap Trick) playing in the background for the first sketch (right before the intro) was absolutely fantastic.

#180 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

Watched THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O'BRIEN again last night. I'm already missing Jay Leno quite a bit, as Conan appears to be relying too heavily on pre-recorded segments rather than simply telling jokes and coming up with funny live segments like Leno was known for. So far, the format has been open the show with about 20 minutes of talking about life in L.A. and showing a ton of pre-recorded segments, and then it's time for the one and only guest on the show that night.