1332 replies to this topic

#91 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Heroes does die significantly after season 1. Do check out Burn Notice, I think Burn Notice is my current favorite TV show. If you enjoy Chuck and you are a Bond fan, BN is a must see. Season 1 is out on DVD and season 2 comes out in June. Season 3 starts airing this summer on USA.

#92 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Heroes does die significantly after season 1. Do check out Burn Notice, I think Burn Notice is my current favorite TV show. If you enjoy Chuck and you are a Bond fan, BN is a must see. Season 1 is out on DVD and season 2 comes out in June. Season 3 starts airing this summer on USA.

That's exactly what I've heard about HEROES from just about everyone else. I've greatly enjoyed Season 1, however, and will probably try a few Season 2 episodes just to see.

Apart from that, BURN NOTICE is going to be the next one that I'll try to catch up with. I'm trying to catch up on CHUCK in time for Monday's season finale (I think it's this Monday, and hopefully it's not the series finale), and once I'm done with that, I'll probably turn my attention to BURN NOTICE. I may start taking that show in on Thursday nights now, since BONES (my former favorite show on TV) has hit a significant free-fall in quality in Season 4, and really is a show that FOX should consider cancelling at season's end (although, from seeing how they've allowed FAMILY GUY to continue on several years past its time, I see BONES going on for at least two more seasons, if not more).

#93 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:28 AM

Life After People

Very interesting documentary on the History Channel about what will happen when humans disappear from the face of the earth. It's kind of frightening to think that this stuff can happen, but, at the same time, it's fascinating to see what, if anything, we leave behind...

#94 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

The Tonight Show

#95 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Watched more of the second season of CHUCK. One of the episodes I saw today, "Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer", might just be my favorite episode of the series so far.

#96 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Smallville.

The show has gotten so lame. Yet, I can't wait for the final showdown with Doomsday.

#97 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

I've been working on a (more or less) all day marathon of CHUCK in an effort to get caught up before tomorrow's season (hopefully, not series) finale. Only five more episodes to go until I'm completely caught up, so perhaps three more tonight and then two tomorrow afternoon before the new episode airs.

It's a great show, one of the best to come along in quite a while, and hopefully NBC decides to renew it for a third season.

#98 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

I'm watching the new episode of 24! B)

#99 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

Caught the season finale of CHUCK tonight. If there's was confirmation that there would be a third season, then the finale would have been much easier to take, but as a potential series finale, it was terrible.
Spoiler

#100 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Monday Night Raw

#101 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

American Idol. I'm becoming a serious Adam Lambert fan--great voice, master showman. Gustsy as all get-out. Win or lose the competition, I see him becoming a major star.

#102 Doctor No

Doctor No

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Berserk

#103 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

American Idol. I'm becoming a serious Adam Lambert fan--great voice, master showman. Gustsy as all get-out. Win or lose the competition, I see him becoming a major star.

I saw a little bit of last night's episode, and I like Matt Giraud. Although he is not going to win the competition (Lambert is the shoo-in) I could see him going somewhere. And what was the deal with Jamiw Foxx mentoring the contestants? I know he played a music legend, but I didn't know he was one.

#104 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

The Bill! B)

#105 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

I saw a little bit of last night's episode, and I like Matt Giraud. Although he is not going to win the competition (Lambert is the shoo-in) I could see him going somewhere. And what was the deal with Jamiw Foxx mentoring the contestants? I know he played a music legend, but I didn't know he was one.

I'd have thought so too. But after last night's Results show, I have to wonder if he's simply too original for Middle American voters. In the bottom three? It's enough to make a man take a high leap from a barstool.

#106 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

AI

I think that the producers are fiddling with the votes to get ppl to vote more next week.

No way in hell that Adam Lambert was bottom 2.

#107 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

AI

I think that the producers are fiddling with the votes to get ppl to vote more next week.

No way in hell that Adam Lambert was bottom 2.

Interesting possibility. And the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to agree. And to hope. Surely, even Ma and Pa Kettle, deep in the heart of the Ozarks, can see that he is brilliant. Four other contestants come out in traditional black. AL comes out in a white suit and completely owns the stage. Bravo!

#108 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

The Inbetweeners! B)

#109 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

Heroes season 3: Sylar shifts shapes.
Actually, trying to say that fast could be more exciting than watching the show.

Because of my location and my working hours, I'm virtually condemned to watching only Heroes, Numbers and CSI.
The new seasons of Lost and 24 are what I'm really craving for.

#110 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

Survivor. Features what I regard as the most fascinating and loathsome villain to date: Coach, a bold-faced liar who preaches honesty and honor...a self-proclaimed samurai who looks like he'd cave in a fight with a girl. Vote him off, dummies!

#111 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:35 AM

Smackdown

#112 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

Been watching the original Star Trek. Watched about the first ten episodes and I'm really liking it.

#113 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Reggie Perrin. The new version that is; it's okay but I can't really see the point of it besides using nostaligia to try to appeal to an audience who remember the original.

#114 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Dead Set.

Great show. B)

#115 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Dollhouse, and it was effing awesome. B)

#116 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Dollhouse, and it was effing awesome. B)

I've been always wanted to take a look at that show but I have to work on Friday nights. Eliza Dushku has that swagger I've always liked, and she's defenitely a hottie.

#117 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

Deadliest Warrior

Tuesday, Spike TV, 10pm

#118 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

I watched the latest episode of Desperate Housewives (Rose's Turn) on E4 tonight! B)

#119 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

Freaks and Geeks

I just saw the first and only season of this 1999 show and man I have no idea why this did not get better ratings because its pretty funny and its an early look at that Judd Apatow humor since he produced, wrote, and directed some of the episodes to this show. Let me just say right now that I thought that Martin Starr absolutely nailed to lovable ubber nerd Bill and for some reason I found him to be the funniest of the bunch and thats saying something since the cast was filled with Apatow stars like Seth Rogan, James Franco, and Jason Segel. All in all I thought this was the funniest and yet realistic portrayal of High School on TV despite some episodes stretching the suspension of disbelief but I really liked it especially the cast.

#120 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

Relaxing with Family Guy Season 6 at the moment! I LOVE it. B)