#1202 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Parenthood

Surprisingly funny, touching, unsentimental. Great cast, especially Peter Krause, Lauren Graham and Craig T. Nelson. Very interesting also if one compares it to its feature film predecessor. How times have changed and themes have become acceptable on network television.

Wonderful show, I´d compare it to "thirtysomething" and "Once & again".

#1203 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

CHUCK ("Chuck vs. the Cubic Z"): One of the best non-finale episodes of this show in a while. Loved having two of the more memorable villains we've had on the show in a while return (Steve Austin's Hugo Panzer and Nicole Richie's Heather Chandler), and while the episode was still rather heavy on the Chuck/Sarah drama, at least this time it was integrated pretty well into the episode this time around.

#1204 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

CHUCK ("Chuck vs. the Cubic Z"): One of the best non-finale episodes of this show in a while. Loved having two of the more memorable villains we've had on the show in a while return (Steve Austin's Hugo Panzer and Nicole Richie's Heather Chandler), and while the episode was still rather heavy on the Chuck/Sarah drama, at least this time it was integrated pretty well into the episode this time around.

Agreed. I find it interesting how some fans don't like it as much as the first two episodes of Season 4 according to some review I have read on other sites.

#1205 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT ("Rug of War"): Funny episode, although still probably the weakest of the three episodes thus far in the new season. Still a very quality show, however, with Patrick Warburton and David Spade providing some really funny performances to the proceedings.

Agreed. I find it interesting how some fans don't like it as much as the first two episodes of Season 4 according to some review I have read on other sites.

I can kind of see why some might not like the episode, even if I don't really agree with that assessment. What I liked about the episode was that they finally got back to some of the things that used to make the show great, with some decent pop culture moments (Chandler making fun of Chuck for having a TRON poster in his room, etc.) and some much improved dialogue over what we're used to hearing during the show as of late. Also, Mark Christopher Lawrence's return as Big Mike was a big plus for the show moving forward.

#1206 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

I watched The Simpsons, Regina Monologues, this is when they visited London, there are some wonderfully funny stereotypes.

I especially love when Homer gets 'stuck' on a roundabout in his mini cooper. :D

#1207 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

CASTLE ("Under the Gun"): Great episode, and easily the best of the season thus far. Some great humor and some excellent Castle/Becket moments were the highlights, with the viewers getting to see a different side of Beckett that is no doubt being used to set up a future storyline that has already been announced.

NO ORDINARY FAMILY ("No Ordinary Marriage"): The show is starting to find its footing with this episode, although it would be nice if there was a clear-cut conflict that the family was dealing with outside of their acquisition of super-powers. Still, nice performances from Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz make this a show that will continue to warrant at the very least a spot on the DVR, if not a live viewing.

#1208 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

Law & Order: SVU and The Office.

#1209 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

Glee

Wait a tick, that wasn't half bad!

#1210 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

DEXTER ("My Bad"): A very good Season 5 premiere, at least for the direction they've decided to take the series.
Spoiler
, but since they've gone in that direction, this is a very good way of starting off that new storyline.

#1211 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Yeah... I take back everything good I said about Undercovers.

God, I'm so bored.

#1212 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

Frasier

#1213 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

PSYCH

Still hilarious.

"I didn't call the case the case called me."
"Collect."

#1214 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

University Challenge - Not a great week for me. Normally I average about 9 or 10 correct answers in a show, but this week I could only muster up 5. A good match though between colleges from Oxford and Cambridge, and in the end it was decided by 5 points. Exciting stuff! :)

#1215 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

CHUCK ("Chuck vs. The Coup d' etat"): A very good episode, up until the climax of the episode, which left much to be desired. It's hard to believe that such a great episode as this, which had a near perfect blend of action, comedy, and romance could just fall apart right at the end.

Can't wait for the next episode, though. The preview showed at the end of this episode makes it look like we could be in store for one of the all-time great CHUCK episodes.

#1216 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

If You Really Knew Me.

#1217 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Glee

Why do I keep watching this?

#1218 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

LAW & ORDER: LOS ANGELES ("Echo Park" and "Harbor City"): This spinoff is turning into a pretty decent show, although it's rather one-sided in terms of quality at this point. In the old L&O shows, it was generally the second half hour of the show that was more interesting, with the actors hired to portray the prosecutors usually creating a more entertaining half hour than what was happening on the police end of the investigation (not always the case, of course, but as a general rule, thanks mostly to Sam Waterston and, later, Linus Roache). That's not the case in this series. Skeet Ulrich and Corey Stoll are brilliant as the show's featured detectives. The same can't be said for the prosecution, however, with Alfred Molina and (to a much lesser degree, since he's had basically what amounts to a cameo thus far) Peter Coyote being up to the level set by Ulrich and Stoll. Molina is good, but the rest of the actors on this side of the law leave much to be desired. Terence Howard is the biggest offender, turning in one of the worst performances I've seen on TV in quite some time as Jonah Dekker, a DA that is featured in the show's second episode "Echo Park"). Basicallly, when the show is still in its investigative phase, it's rather good, and really only maintains that quality when the case is later handed over to Alfred Molina's Ricardo Morales, which it has been, thankfully, twice so far in three episodes.

CASTLE ("Punk'd"): Best episode of the season, by far, and one of the best of the series. There's a great recurring gag in this episode (which, for a show that is often comedic, is a surprising first for the show) involving Detective Esposito, and the banter between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is once again fantastic.

#1219 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

X factor

#1220 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

Mad Men is on right now.

#1221 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Friends

#1222 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

CHUCK ("Chuck vs. the Couch Lock"): The best episode of the show since Season 2, by a long shot. No Chuck/Sarah relationship drama was a plus, and it was one that was actually focused on the spy mission while scattering some comedy throughout, which is the blend that the show should be going for. If the rest of the episodes can keep this balance, this could end up rivaling Season 2 in terms of quality.

#1223 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

Frasier

#1224 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Watching the 2nd season of Castle. It's just as great as the first season, if not better. The Halloween episode was great, when Fillion wore his outfit from Firefly, and his daughter told him "You wore that five years ago...get over it". I also didn't realize the Richard Castle was offered a three book deal to reboot the series of a certain secret British agent.

#1225 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

CHUCK ("Chuck vs. the Couch Lock"): The best episode of the show since Season 2, by a long shot. No Chuck/Sarah relationship drama was a plus, and it was one that was actually focused on the spy mission while scattering some comedy throughout, which is the blend that the show should be going for. If the rest of the episodes can keep this balance, this could end up rivaling Season 2 in terms of quality.

I agree it was a good episode, but they missed out on some possible great comedy moments when
Spoiler
. There was a great opportunity for some great comedy and they just let it pass.

#1226 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

I agree it was a good episode, but they missed out on some possible great comedy moments when
Spoiler
. There was a great opportunity for some great comedy and they just let it pass.

I'll agree with you on that point, but I was just so relieved to see the tone from the second season making a comeback that I was willing to let something like that slide. I think that they got enough mileage out of it to not make it a total waste ("I know that dumpster" was a classic Chuck line), and the seeming homage to
Spoiler
were enough for me considering that the rest of the episode was so strong.

I do find it amazing that just the absence of any Chuck/Sarah drama can significantly elevate an episode. It leaves more room for the comedy, more room for the action, and more room for everything else that has made the show so great. The drama that was there before they got together was to be expected, but since that happened midway through last season, the drama should have pretty much come to an end, which, hopefully, it has at this point (or will at least be lessened significantly, I hope).

#1227 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

The Bad Girls Club.

#1228 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

I caught the last few minutes of Hollyoaks. Now I know it wasn't exactly vintage television in the first place, but my word it's got SO BAD!!!

#1229 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Worked my way through all 20 episodes of The Killing, or actually Forbrydelsen (it's Danish) in a week.

FANTASTIC. :tup:

#1230 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Watched a few episodes from Season 2 of Castle. Brilliant show.

Also watched the football game between Missouri and Oklahoma. Fantastic game.