1332 replies to this topic

#1261 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

The Most Annoying People of 2010 - part one.

#1262 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

CHUCK - Season 3

Being a huge CHUCK fan I was afraid of this season, having read all the negative remarks about it.

I must admit: Season 3 gets darker and is less light and funny than the glorious Season 2. However, I liked that they tried to treat the psychological implications of Chuck being a spy rather seriously. Also I think they incorporated Morgan much better. In the end, the season definitely feels a bit padded out (no wonder since they thought the season would end much sooner). But I´m very much looking forward to Season 4 now.

I think that the best way to look at Season 3 is to view it this way: Episodes 1-13 are "Season 3" and 13-19 are "Season 3.5", or something of a preview of Season 4. I think the producers at one point during last season said that the additional 6 episodes that they were given they took as something of a test run for the concept of the current fourth season, which is probably why Season 3 as a whole feels rather padded out. They moved at such a break-neck speed during the first 13 episodes because they had too much story to try to tell (or they bit off more than they could chew in terms of story for the original 13-episode order), and had to forgo actually developing the ideas and had to just simply connect the dots regardless of how ridiculous some of the plot progressions were and how far out of character they made the characters act to get there (especially Sarah).

If you haven't seen any of Season 4, then you're in for a real treat. There hasn't been a bad episode in the whole 10 episodes that have aired thus far (and for a show that lost its way last season, IMO, that's a major accomplishment). While I do think that Linda Hamilton may have been somewhat miscast as Chuck's mother (and they didn't do her any favors either pairing her with Timothy Dalton, as the talent gap between the two of them is extraordinarily large), there's not really been anything in Season 4 that even comes across as anything short of brilliant. It is, IMO, right on par with the very best episodes of Season 2, and if Dalton continues his Emmy-worthy run for a while longer, this could be the best season the show has had during its run. Hopefully the Emmy voters take notice this time, as both Yvonne Strahovski and Timothy Dalton are doing some tremendous work this season, and both of them are absolutely worthy of Emmy nods.

Thanks for the info, tdalton! Can´t wait to catch up with Season 4!

#1263 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

The Most Annoying People of 2010 - Part two.

#1264 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Moe Howard on a YouTube posting of the Mike Douglas show. Gotta admit, the guy was awfully healhy for 77.

#1265 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

CASTLE ("Nikki Heat"): While the episode got much better as it went, it started off so poorly for around the first 20-30 minutes that the whole thing comes off as a pretty subpar episode of Castle. Laura Prepon is miscast as the actress who is hired to portray Detective Beckett's literary alter ego Nikki Heat. The episode doesn't really work because she doesn't find any real chemistry with stars Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. Strangely enough, I think that this might have been an instance where some cross-promotion on the part of ABC might have been a good idea, as I think that perhaps having them put one of the stars of their Tuesday night sci-fi drama V, Laura Vandervoort, into the role of "Nikki Heat", that it might have not only been a better fit (even though Vanderoort is about six years younger than Katic) as she does perhaps, at least IMO, look a bit more like Katic than does Prepon and certainly couldn't have had any less chemistry with Fillion and Katic than Prepon did, and it would have been a nice bit of cross-promotion for the network, especially for a show like V that needs all the help it can get in the ratings department.

V ("Red Rain"): A very good re-introduction for the series which has been off the air for quite a while now. This one picks right up where the Season 1 finale ended, and unlike the bulk of Season 1, there's actually something going on in this episode instead of just a whole bunch of people standing around talking, which was one of the main complaints regarding the first season (although there is some of that here as well). The special effects also appear to have been greatly improved. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where they take this series moving forward in what is hopefully not its final season.

#1266 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

I'm currently onto Californication Season 1 and getting ready for the new episodes. What a lovely show! The plot is beyond everything like it before and the cast is carefully selected. I hope the writers don't recycle the story in the following episodes. So far 10/10.

#1267 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Channel 10 news.

#1268 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

The Office (American version).

#1269 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

#1270 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

Spectre Assassin is watching Sesame Street with his kid. Fun.

#1271 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

LOST All 6 seasons.

During the entire watching Mrs. 008 and I said to ourselves and out loud "WTF" so many times we lost count. Next time we get around to watching it, we'll keep count.

All in all, great show. Series finalie left me really sad

#1272 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

Episodes
Not hysterically funny, but entertaining. A promising start to a series at least

#1273 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

The View.

#1274 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

CASTLE ("Poof! You're Dead"): Perhaps the best episode of Castle of this new season. This one features one of the more intriguing plots the series has had to date, with countless twists and turns that are befitting an episode that revolves around magicians and magic. I also like that they're finally taking the Castle/Beckett relationship somewhere interesting, and the interaction between the two characters was at its absolute best in this episode.

V ("Serpent's Tooth"): Something of a disappointing episode following a rather solid season premiere last week. For a show that, to be quite realistic about it, has only eight episodes left (9 including this one), it's one that doesn't seem to be too anxious about actually getting to the action. There still seems to be a lot more talk than action in this second season, which was a big problem in the series' first season last year. Going by the ending of this second episode and the preview for next week, it does appear as though that will be changing soon, but it would be nice to see this series actually start covering the territory that an alien-invasion show/movie should be covering, which is the fight between the invading aliens and humanity. It's happening on a very small scale in this show, but it needs to move to much grander scale in the series' final eight episodes.

#1275 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

South Park

#1276 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

Archer.

#1277 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

American Masters with Jeff Bridges. The dude abides.

#1278 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Two and A Half Men

#1279 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Swift Justice with Nancy Grace.

#1280 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

Am rewatching the first season of The Good Wife. The best series ever made with the worst of titles.

#1281 Piz Gloria 1969

Piz Gloria 1969

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

On Wed me and my friend watched 8 hrs of Batman episodes , celebrating 45th anniversary....

Hi diddle riddle (one of the best and cant go wrong with JSJ as Molly !)
Penguin is a jinx (terrifying cliffhanger !)
Joker is wild (Joker is more sinister in this one....beheading on live TV is pretty cruel)
Purrfect crime (Newmar as Catwoman , wonderful....one of the best cliffhangers too)
Ring of Wax (another wonderful Riddler caper)
Instant Freeze (you feel sympathy for Sanders Freeze....the other Freezes were downers in comparison , not the same level)
Penguin goes straight (yeah , as if Pengy would go straight heh....lol the ending scene)
Bookworm turns (obviously a Riddler script , anyway I love Bookworms tantrums...Lydia Limpet , hellllo nurse)

#1282 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

Dexter.

Holy [censored]ing [censored] balls batman!

#1283 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

ARCHER

If anyone here hasn't watched this yet, get on it. Hilarious stuff.

#1284 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

Jersey Shore.

#1285 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:08 AM

ARCHER

If anyone here hasn't watched this yet, get on it. Hilarious stuff.

H. Jon Benjamin has the best voice in the world. Watched Bob's Burgers the other night and was pleased to hear that familiar 'Archer' voice. Gosh that show is hilarious.

Watched a special on Jeff Bridges. Incredible actor. Long live the Dude.

#1286 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

CASTLE ("Knockdown"): Without question, THE best episode of Castle to date. Stunning, Emmy-worthy performances from the duo of Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion are the highlight here, as is the continued unraveling of the extraordinarily complex circumstances surrounding the death of Detective Beckett's mother. In some respects, it feels as though the entire series has been building to this episode, as questions that have long been hanging out there are addressed (even though the audience really knows the answers to them already, it's the first time that it's really acknowledged out loud by the characters which, in some respects, significantly changes the dynamics between them moving forward), relationships between characters reach significant crossroads, and so on. Where they take the series from here will be quite interesting, and I very much look forward to it, as it will definitely be something of a "new", if rather familiar, Castle moving forward.

#1287 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Skins.

#1288 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Family guy and some Dexter. Gotsta love me some Dexter.

#1289 jsteed

jsteed

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

CASTLE ("Knockdown"): Without question, THE best episode of Castle to date. Stunning, Emmy-worthy performances from the duo of Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion are the highlight here, as is the continued unraveling of the extraordinarily complex circumstances surrounding the death of Detective Beckett's mother. In some respects, it feels as though the entire series has been building to this episode, as questions that have long been hanging out there are addressed (even though the audience really knows the answers to them already, it's the first time that it's really acknowledged out loud by the characters which, in some respects, significantly changes the dynamics between them moving forward), relationships between characters reach significant crossroads, and so on. Where they take the series from here will be quite interesting, and I very much look forward to it, as it will definitely be something of a "new", if rather familiar, Castle moving forward.

Completely agree on all points made. I really believe it to be the best episode in the series. Just a really well written episode with amazing performances by the whole cast, even Castle's mother had a great dramatic scene.

#1290 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Catchphrase
Woooohhh! Challenge TV is on Freeview.
Welcome back Mr. Chips, you've been missed.