best show ever

#1293 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Spent the last week watching the entire series of 'Band of Brothers'. Absolutely brilliant. So much so that I've gone out and bought 'The Pacific' box-set, which I'll start in the next few weeks.

#1294 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

The Super Bowl.

#1295 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:58 AM

SUPER BOWL XLV: One of the more embarrassing attempts at showcasing the NFL's championship game in quite a while. FOX couldn't get anything right all night, from a lackluster pre-game show (which is often times one of their strengths), to a far too relaxed commentary from Joe Buck and Troy Aikman (they couldn't manage to generate even the illusion of excitement), to what was overall lousy entertainment. On that last point, however, I doubt much fault could be laid at the feet of FOX, but rather it should mostly go to the NFL who picked the artists. Actually, FOX probably provided us with the only decent musical entertainment of the night with Lea Michele's "America the Beautiful". Not a stellar performance by any stretch, but she sang it mostly in-tune and remembered all the words. And on a night that featured Christina Aguilera over-singing the Star Spangled Banner while also forgetting the lyrics to an abysmal attempt at "singing" and "performing" that was the halftime show, her simply remembering the lyrics and being in-tune was enough for her to come away as the game's best musical performer.

CHUCK ("Chuck Versus the Seduction Impossible"): At times a solid episode, but the whole "Chuck and Sarah figure out their personal problems in a mission that is conveniently set-up so they can deal with said personal problem" is getting rather stale at this point, and I'd like to see some semblance of originality as we head into the series' final 11 (actually, now 10 after tonight) episodes. Also, the constant desire of the producers to put Yvonne Strahovski into increasingly skimpy clothing is becoming tedious at this point. We get it, she's good-looking and you're trying to pull in the ratings. All they're doing, though, is taking away from the brilliant acting job she's done (especially over the course of this season) by having the only thing she's really remembered for week in and week out is what tiny bit of clothing she wore in that particular episode, rather than on what should matter. And this is all a ratings ploy that, quite honestly, isn't working. It would be one thing if these were done in scenes that were necessary in some way to the plot, but at this point they're so obviously shoe-horned into the script that it's distracting. Anyway, as for the episode, as I said, solid, if unspectacular at the same time. Timothy Dalton is definitely missed, but hopefully there will be a return before the series comes to a close.

#1296 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Two hour block of Crystal Maze and Catchphrase

How did I ever get through a working day before Challenge TV came to Freeview last week?

#1297 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

Outcasts - new BBC drama series set in the distant future when humanity seeks out a new existence on a far away planet. It's not perfect (far from it), but there's a nice atmosphere to it and on occasion a character will raise a nice moral query which is always fun to debate. Also, Hermione Norris is in it who I have a not-so-secret crush on!

#1298 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

Teen Mom 2.

#1299 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

CASTLE ("Lucky Stiff"): Not the best episode of Castle ever, and after the last episode, which was one of the best of the entire series, there was really only down to go for the series. The mystery that Castle and Beckett investigate this time around isn't really one of the most memorable ones they've ever had, but the episode makes up for it with some very nice moments between the two characters as we begin to see where they go from the events of the last episode that should have major ramifications in the future for their relationship. There was an especially nice moment at the end of the episode that was one of the better Castle/Beckett moments of the series.

V ("Concordia"): An unusual episode for the series as they were actually able to drum up some tension throughout the duration of this one. Usually V, for some unknown reason, is primarily a show where people sit around and talk about what they're going to do and they spend very little time actually doing it. While there was still plenty of that in this episode (and, to be fair, the show has been doing a better job of trying to get away from that this season), the gala scene that takes up most of the second half of the episode is a rather intense scene for the series, especially since this show being one that hovers near the brink of cancellation, one never knows what they might do to shake things up a bit. That plays into this episode somewhat, as the events of the show appear to be headed towards the endgame for the season, so hopefully this improvement in the overall quality of the episodes continues as it has for the last couple of weeks. The ending of this one definitely foretells a very intense episode next week, which should be interesting.

GLEE ("Sue Sylvester Shuffle"): Best episode of this show in quite a while. It felt somewhat reminiscent of the first 13 episodes of the series when it was really at its best, while still being appropriately over the top which one would expect from any show that follows directly after the Super Bowl. A couple of solid performances ("Need You Now" in particular) and a very nice changeup the writers decided to throw us in terms of the character development for Quinn, Santana, and Brittany that should be fun to watch in future episodes.

Edited by tdalton, 10 February 2011 - 06:29 AM.

#1300 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Pride and Prejudice. :D

#1301 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

Jerry Springer on the bike machine at the gym, lol.

#1302 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

The last tv show I watched on the actual Tv was Blue Bloods on CBS last night, online it was Top Shot on Hulu.

#1303 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

The Steve Wilkos Show.

#1304 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

Seinfeld.

#1305 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

CHUCK ("Chuck Versus the Cat Squad"): Probably the weakest episode of the season. It's clear that the show is having some trouble in this post-Timothy Dalton stretch and appears now to be limping towards cancellation rather than trying to do anything particularly interesting. Well, they are trying to do something interesting, which is exactly what exploring the backstory of Yvonne Strahovski's Sarah Walker character should be, but they're doing a pretty bad job of it. Once again the decision was made to over-sexualize Sarah, this time with Chuck trying to save the day by reuniting her with her former spy team (conveniently named the Clandestine Action Team, or CAT, so that they could turn the whole thing into some kind of stupid Charlie's Angels spoof), even against her wishes. The sad thing is that the creative team behind the show seems to think that putting as many beautiful women as possible on screen is going to save this show. If they would take a look at the ratings, they would see that this isn't working, especially given that the ratings actually dropped for this episode in the second half after the audience realized how bad this episode actually was. What needs to be done is to go ahead with a good solid story to either help increase ratings or to bring the show to a satisfying conclusion instead of just relying on the exploitation of the show's female cast in order to try to boost the ratings. The one bright spot of the episode was Lou Diamond Phillips' villain, but sadly he was given so little to do it's hard to remember if he actually appeared in the episode beyond a single scene. Hopefully the creative team gets things headed in the right direction before this thing comes to an end, which will hopefully mean the return of Timothy Dalton to help close this series out in style.

V ("Siege"): Best episode of the series, by far. For the first time in the series' run we were treated to an action-packed hour of TV, which is something that this series should have been all about from the very beginning. It was also a game changing episode in every sense of the word, setting up the final four episodes of the season in a very good way, and in a way that promises quite a bit of action as well, which can only help after the show has been primarily about sitting around and plotting the next move rather than actually making the next move. Should be interesting to see where the series goes from here.

#1306 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

Teen Mom 2. I'm really glad Leah and Corey are getting along so well. Jenelle is a terrible screw-up of a mom, but it does seem like she's trying somewhat. I feel sorry for Kailyn (Jo is a loser), Chelsea needs to ditch Adam, he's trash.

#1307 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

UEFA Champions League Live: Arsenal vs. Barcelona

#1308 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

Nancy Grace.

#1309 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

BOSTON LEGAL

#1310 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

House. The next person that thinks they know what they're talking about and tells me that blood is blue....I hate stupid people!!!!!! Aah

#1311 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Kicked off on BOARDWALK EMPIRE. Not bad at all.

#1312 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

The Football League Live: Port Vale vs. Bradford City

:(

#1313 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

MODERN FAMILY

I love this show so much.

#1314 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

Friday Night Smackdown

#1315 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Football Focus

#1316 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

CASTLE ("Setup"): Without question, one of the best episodes of the series thus far. What set this one apart was just how cinematic it was, which made it evident that much care went into make this episode as well as the second part of the two-part event that is scheduled to air on Monday. For an episode that lives very much up to its title, this episode was all setup for what should be a pulse-pounding episode next week as Castle, Beckett, and guest Agent Mark Fallon (guest star Adrian Pasdar of Heroes fame) try to uncover a terrorist plot. Thankfully, the creative team behind Castle keep raising their game, setting this show apart from Bones, the show it's often compared to, especially at this point in its creative run as compared to where Bones was in Season 3. Can't wait for next week's conclusion.

V ("Birth Pangs"): Another great episode for the series, which marks now two in a row in which the series has taken monumental steps forward in quality. It's a shame that the show couldn't have been this good at its inception, as it might have become a big hit.

CHUCK ("Chuck Versus The Masquerade"): Kind of a sad episode, but at least one that sets up the storyline for the remainder of the season (series?), which is a good thing as opposed to simply going out with a series of standalone episodes. It seemed as though this episode had an eye towards the series finale, with a lot of things happening in the episode that had a strong sense of finality to them. With all of that said, however, it was a much stronger episode than any of those that have followed Timothy Dalton's departure from the show. Hopefully he'll return at some point during the stretch run towards the end of the season, and things that were done during this episode seemed to set up at least the possibility of that happening.

Edited by tdalton, 23 February 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#1317 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

Once again, he actual last show I watched on TV was Top Shot.I don't know if anyone else watches this show, but if so, was anyone else thoroughly pissed off at the elimination challenger last night. I have never gotten that involved in a reality show, but oh was I pissed! I will be watching NCIS online tonight, and for once, I will be totally clueless about it.

#1318 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

CHUCK ("Chuck Versus the First Bank of Evil"): A so-so episode that was highlighted by one of the cooler moments we've seen on the show in a while, as Chuck and Sarah team up to rob a bank. For a show that has lacked a truly great set piece for a while now, this scene delivered in spades, with both Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski really looking as though they enjoyed themselves filming that scene. Also, as the episode unfolded, it is starting to become somewhat clear that we'll see Timothy Dalton return to the show before the series finale, which would nothing short of awesome.

CASTLE ("Countdown"): After the great "Setup" last week, "Countdown" comes as something of a disappointment. When you think about an episode that carries the title "Countdown" and consider that it's about the cops trying to stop a catastrophic event from happening in New York City, you might expect to see them working a bit outside of the precinct. That wasn't really the case this time, as most of the time was spent indoors running down leads. While that might be a bit more realistic than the average cop show or movie would care to depict, it doesn't make for particularly exciting television either. With that said, it's still one of the better episodes we've had on the show, but it felt like something of a letdown considering how high the stakes had been raised for the episode. There were also some terrific Castle/Beckett moments in the episode, which made up for other shortcomings a bit.

#1319 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Last show I watched was the Charlie Sheen interview last night on 20/20 here in the states. Boy, he looked like he was rode hard, and put away wet! He rambled on some, and was quite chuffed with himself for doing lots of 7g rocks of coke! I like his show, but his rock-n-roll lifestyle is going to kill him soon. And, apparently Child Protective Services (CPS) in Los Angeles took his kids out of his home after they saw the show.

#1320 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Only on a British television show can you find a lead character who isn't particularly likeable, nor learns a life-lesson in 30 minutes and starts to do the right thing. At the end of it all the character is real and tragic and also unrepentant; rarely do you see that on American television (the few examples I can think of are SEINFELD and STRANGERS WITH CANDY).

Also picked up all 3 seasons of MAD MEN on dvd today; Target has them on sale for 16.99.

Did you ever see It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Very pitch-black comedy, imagine Seinfeld done on cable...which sort of sounds like I'm describing Curb Your Enthusiasm.