He's into S&M.
What a LETHAL combination. :)

#92 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

"Moneypenny, next time I see you... I'll put you across my knee!"
"On yoghurt and lemon juice?"

She's into food sex.
He's into S&M.
What a LETHAL combination. :(

'Penny's comment hardly has any connotation to it. She's only referring to the notion that Bond would hardly be strong enough to do anything that strenuous on that sort of diet.

#93 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Licence to Kill:
"I could do with some plastic!" - Bond needs condoms.

Goldfinger:
"Something big's come up!" - Bond has an erection.

#94 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Licence to Kill:

A plastic condom?

Blimey.

#95 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Licence to Kill:

A plastic condom?

Blimey.

Yes. It exists. Although I believe it's called a penile prosthesis :(

#96 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Milton Krest is quite disturbing. :(

"I wanna deep six him!"
"I don't like it, he can finger me!"

:)

#97 QOS007

QOS007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

A good one is at the beginning of TSWLM
M- "Where's 007?
Moneypenny- "he's on a mission in the alps"
M- "well tell him to pull out"
and the next time we see Bond is on top of the Russian girl.

#98 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Yeah. I love that one. :(

Another...

"I'm afraid you've caught me with MORE than my hands up" - After making out with Plenty.

#99 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

Read an Interview with Bruce Feirstein in 007 magazine and he said the best name for a Bond girl would be Luscious Bush. Always made me LMAO!

#100 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

In case i'm utterly daft...what do you mean by 'the second part of..."? Were you referring to fanny as a bum...or have I missed something?

For educational purpose :) :

fanny
Noun
pl -nies Slang
1. Brit & Austral taboo the female genitals
2. Chiefly US & Canad the buttocks

Yes.

You can imagine my amazement upon arriving in the USA some 19 years ago and hearing someone refer to "fanny packs" :(

"Why on Earth would someone attach THAT to their pussy?"

#101 RJJB

RJJB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

One of the best ones that many people miss is Bond's reply to Tiffany Case in DAF about liking a specific hair color, as long as the collars and cuffs match.
Connantion without being schoolboy foolish such as "having a ball", "going off half-cocked" , or "Christmas coming once a year."

#102 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

I don't know if these were mentioned but the two that lingers in my mind are from Dr. No and Moonraker.

Right at the end when Honey and Bond are on the boat...Honey looks at Bond in a sheepish way and says "what do we do now"..Bond says something and then finishes off with "or we could......come here... we only have to imagine what happens next.

And in the pre title of Moonraker similiar to the TSWLM M say says to Moneypenny where is Bond and she answers ..."his on his last leg Sir"...then you see the next shot of Bonds hand going up the stewardess's leg.

#103 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Do many people really miss the "collars and cuffs" line? If so I am surprised, but maybe it's a double entendre which is common and well known in the UK but not outside of it.

#104 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Do many people really miss the "collars and cuffs" line? If so I am surprised, but maybe it's a double entendre which is common and well known in the UK but not outside of it.

I love that line. For all the alleged faults levelled at DAF, I, personally, love its vaguely Ortoneseque humour.

In case i'm utterly daft...what do you mean by 'the second part of..."? Were you referring to fanny as a bum...or have I missed something?

For educational purpose :) :

fanny
Noun
pl -nies Slang
1. Brit & Austral taboo the female genitals
2. Chiefly US & Canad the buttocks

Yes.

You can imagine my amazement upon arriving in the USA some 19 years ago and hearing someone refer to "fanny packs" :(

"Why on Earth would someone attach THAT to their pussy?"

Always reminds me of the old Two Ronnies' gag about a performance of Oh Calcutta! being affected by a power cut... The second act was renamed Fanny By Gaslight...

Am I alone in thinking old Rog suggests a stiffening in his trousers at the sight of Dr. Goodhead when he deliberately puts his telescope up atop Sugar Loaf mountain in Moonraker...?

And Pam surely suggests, ahem, spanking the monkey when demonstrating "shaken, not stirred" with her hand in LTK...

#105 Bond Bug

Bond Bug

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

A View to a Kill

Bond goes to bed with Mayday.

The next morning Bond arrives in Zorin's study.

Zorin asks Bond if he slept well.

Bond replies: "A little restless, but I got off eventually."

#106 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Am I alone in thinking old Rog suggests a stiffening in his trousers at the sight of Dr. Goodhead when he deliberately puts his telescope up atop Sugar Loaf mountain in Moonraker...?

Not at all. That had to be deliberate. He was nearly always pulling one subtle gag or another.

#107 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service:

Bunt: Is anything the matter? Sir Hillary?
Bond: Just a slight stiffness coming on.... in the shoulder!

Reffering to an erection.

Tracy: Suppose I were you kill you for a thrill!
Bond: I can think of something more sociable to you!

Reffering to sex.

Live and Let Die

Solitare: A man comes. He travels quickly. He has purpose. He comes over water. He travels with others. He will oppose. He brings fires and destruction.

This ALL links in to Bond seduction of Solitare, later on in the movie!

#108 NecroVMX

NecroVMX

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Honestly the funniest one was in Moonraker "I think he's attempting re-entry, sir!"

#109 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

Bond referring to the Egyptian girl he has been offered for the night, in TSWLM:-

"When in Egypt, one should delve deeply into its treasures..."

B)

#110 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

A couple from You Only Live Twice:

The female SPECTRE agent's "healthy chest" line.

And, my favourite, from the bathing scene: "Don't get soap in my eye"...classic.

#111 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Brilliant thread :tdown:

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service:
Tracy: Suppose I were you kill you for a thrill!
Bond: I can think of something more sociable to you!

Reffering to sex.

I thought that was showing how reckless Tracy was at the start of the film B)

#112 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

I'm surprised at some of the things people (e.g. American network TV censors) consider connotative, and what they don't. For example,

To this day, on NBC, Bond has no reply to Domino's observation "What sharp little eyes you have." Yet the line "I've never tasted a woman before. They're quite good" gets through. Obviously they're still using the same old copy they aired in 1975. Time to upgrade to the UE DVDs, guys.

I think censors have dirtier minds - as a result of their work - than those of the people they're trying to protect, and they reach a point where they make ridiculous assumptions that underestimate the intelligence of their audiences.

In Moonraker Bond gets as far as saying "Ah, Bollinger" when commenting on Holly's taste in nightcaps. "If it's sixty-nine you were expecting me" is just too dirty a line for impressionable young ears to hear at home. Yet in several other films Bond likewise states a preference for a ten-year-old Bollinger and the censors don't object (although if they wanted to, they could accuse 007 of having pedophilic tendencies based on that alone - they've done worse).

Necrophelia in TWINE? What about Rosie telling Bond in LALD that he couldn't kill her, "not after what we just did," to which he responds "I certainly wouldn't have killed you before." (That, by the way, was one of his better off-the-cuffers, right up there with "forever hold your piece." )

The best connotations are more often in Bond's reaction than in what is actually said. For example:

"Don't you ever come up for air?"
"That's why I'll win the gold medal - breath control."
"Yes, you...you can't lose." (Bibi did say breath control, didn't she?)

"My name is Pussy Galore."
"I must be dreaming."

There was a lot more subtlety in Goldfinger ("something big has come up" aside) regarding sexuality than the censors were aware of:

"You can turn off the charm - I'm immune."

"What would it take for you to see things my way?"
"A lot more than you've got."
"How do you know?"
"I don't want to know."

And finally, in defence of the "semi-rape" of (borderline?) lesbians,
"I must have appealed to her maternal instincts."

And as Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd walk away from the burning helicopter, US viewers never see them link hands, or hear that Mr. Kidd considers Miss Case to be very attractive "for a lady." Apparently there's nothing else about their behaviour ("Whoo! Whoooo!") that suggests anything 'abnormal' about them.

Other 'innocent' lines:

Ruby Bartlett:
"I used to break out all over. You'd be surprised where."
"The illustrated book?"
And, after dekilting Hilly,
"It's true!"
(For those not already in the know, this doesn't refer to Brays having four balls, but to the question of whether Scotsmen go commando under their kilts.)

At home on TV Ruby says nothing in response to the other girl's comment about Sir Hilary's orientation ("Of course I know what he's allergic to.") Ruby knows what stiffness Hilly was referring to, hence her response "Bezants [i.e.: "Oh, balls to that idea!]!"

'Octopussy' is already a double-entendre. We ought to commend Maibaum, Fraser and Wilson for their restraint.

After AVTAK we entered an era of relative political correctness where Bond seemed to regret everything he said even as he said it ("Is this your idea of ah...coming through in a clinch?") which ended abruptly with DAD, as already commented upon by others. Hopefully once Craig's Bond gets revenge out of his system he'll be able to relax and show us how glib he can be (this is not a criticism of Craig but a message to the writers: make it clever, not cringingly obvious).

#113 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:02 AM

There's another one in OHMSS.

Tracy: You're hurting me!
Bond: I thought this was your idea tonight!

Referring to hard "pumping" no doubt!

#114 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

At home on TV Ruby says nothing in response to the other girl's comment about Sir Hilary's orientation ("Of course I know what he's allergic to.") Ruby knows what stiffness Hilly was referring to, hence her response "Bezants [i.e.: "Oh, balls to that idea!]!"

Isn't it what BOND/BRAY is "allergic to" is "bezants" / balls - i.e. he goes for girls and is not one for the boys?

Milton Krest is quite disturbing. B)

"I wanna deep six him!"
"I don't like it, he can finger me!"

:tdown:

There actually isn't any sexual nods here. Far from it.

Oh, can someone clear up the whole Plenty O'toole thing for me. Is her name something to do with masturbation?

LOL!

When ConneryBond hears her name he, after noting her huge tits, retorts "Named after your father, perhaps?".

If you need me to make it clearer, he's suggesting Plenty's dad had a BIG tool.

Er - no, he's not.

Licence to Kill:

Er, not on that line, I'm afraid.

"Mature readers only"..... Right....

#115 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

Licence to Kill:

Er, not on that line, I'm afraid.

"Mature readers only"..... Right....

...Right!... B)

#116 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Dear Zorin,

No, I think, after Sir Hilary's long boring speech about geneology and lack of response to the girls' flirting, the girl in question is assuming Bray is allergic to girls. Ruby, observing Hilly's reaction to her writing her room number on his thigh, knows better. Her response isn't an answer but a refutation. Just like in Goldfinger, they couldn't get away with being any more obvious than that about homosexuality, but as a result Maibaum came up with some pretty clever dialogue to clue in the more savvy audience members.

BTW, it took me years to catch on to the "collars and cuffs" line in DAF (and by that I mean I only figured it out very recently) so I guess I don't count myself as being all that savvy.

#117 Rufus Ffolkes

Rufus Ffolkes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

In Moonraker Bond gets as far as saying "Ah, Bollinger" when commenting on Holly's taste in nightcaps. "If it's sixty-nine you were expecting me" is just too dirty a line for impressionable young ears to hear at home. Yet in several other films Bond likewise states a preference for a ten-year-old Bollinger and the censors don't object (although if they wanted to, they could accuse 007 of having pedophilic tendencies based on that alone - they've done worse).

I can't actually tell if you're being serious or ironic here, but the "sixty-nine" line was cut because it clearly refers to a particular sexual position, not because the champagne was underage.

#118 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

I get that, Rufus, but my point is, in any other movie the mention of the year 1969 is not considered sexually suggestive - it's only because James Bond says it that it "clearly" has to mean something unmentionable. I've never had a waitress in a Chinese restaurant slap me for ordering beef & broccoli (it's an an old joke - never mind). That's why I say the censors sometimes go too far - they draw attention to lines which otherwise might go unnoticed.

"Forever hold your piece" gets through because it could mean Bond will silence Lazar forever (NBC leaves out the first half of the line: "I am now aiming precisely at your groin..."). "If it's 69 you were expecting me" could, just could mean that Holly has the same taste in champagne as Bond...nah, forget it - it must mean something dirty if Bond said it; who am I to question the wisdom of an American TV censor?

#119 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

Dear Zorin,

No, I think, after Sir Hilary's long boring speech about geneology and lack of response to the girls' flirting, the girl in question is assuming Bray is allergic to girls. Ruby, observing Hilly's reaction to her writing her room number on his thigh, knows better. Her response isn't an answer but a refutation. Just like in Goldfinger, they couldn't get away with being any more obvious than that about homosexuality, but as a result Maibaum came up with some pretty clever dialogue to clue in the more savvy audience members.

BTW, it took me years to catch on to the "collars and cuffs" line in DAF (and by that I mean I only figured it out very recently) so I guess I don't count myself as being all that savvy.

Exactly. They suspect that Sir Hilary is allergic to girls. However one of the Angels thinks otherwise and suggests the theory is a load of "balls".

Also, Zorin, Plenty O'Toole is referring to Plenty's dad potentially have a large "tool". LFAO - what else could it be? B)

#120 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Exactly. If the conversation had gone on any longer Bond might have asked her if "it runs in the family" or something else to suggest that the O'Toole's are genetically blessed with prominent sexual markers.

When I first saw DAF I thought he was asking if she were related to Peter O'Toole! God, I was a naive kid.