What's the second pic ?

#152 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

From what I've read, this deleted ending is best off that way. It would feel tacked on, with Forster putting it perfectly, Bond has his solace and the film ends.

It would be best off left alone. The movie is fine the way it is. And the end scene, as it stands now, works perfectly. :(

#153 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

What's the second pic ?

Bond with his gun drawn.

#154 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

What's the second pic ?

Bond with his gun drawn.

And this looks like another one. It's the third pic down in the post

http://debrief.comma...p...st&p=945577

It looks like the same scene.

#155 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Seems Bond isn't the one who would've gotten shot.

Original ending

The movie was originally intended to end with a one-minute sequence where 007 introduces himself to Mr Haines at his estate, setting up the next movie. The gun-barrel sequence, uniquely positioned at the end of "Quantum of Solace", would have appeared after Bond dispatches Mr White for good.

#156 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

Erm... WOW! I knew Haines had something to do with it, the moment I saw the game ending!

#157 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:55 AM

Original ending

The movie was originally intended to end with a one-minute sequence where 007 introduces himself to Mr Haines at his estate, setting up the next movie. The gun-barrel sequence, uniquely positioned at the end of "Quantum of Solace", would have appeared after Bond dispatches Mr White for good.

Hmm. Interesting. I'm glad they left Mr. White alive, then, because he's too cool to waste at the end of QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

#158 Sir James Moloney

Sir James Moloney

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

Original ending

Hmm. Interesting. I'm glad they left Mr. White alive, then, because he's too cool to waste at the end of QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

I agree. White is one of the most interesting characters of the franchise and will go down in History as such. Jesper must have been glad too, another paycheck possibility right? :(

#159 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

Reminiscent of the QoS video game ending, then. I’m so glad they decided to keep White alive. He's too good to kill off, they can get more out of him yet.

#160 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:58 AM

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm already glad they cut this ending. I beat the game today, and the ending seemed waaaaay too abrupt. I think alot of people in the audience would just be sitting there like "Uh... okay?"

#161 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

So... Bond 23 will be Quantum's sequel with the 'final boss' being this Slate guy?

#162 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

So... Bond 23 will be Quantum's sequel with the 'final boss' being this Slate guy?

Slate is dead. Do you mean Haines? If so, I strongly doubt he is the main boss in Quantum.

#163 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Are people confusing how the game ends with how the film ends as if they are at all connected narratively and creatively.

I'm not a gamer but aren't the computer games of Bond just merchandising spin-offs? Isn't it like claiming a 007 lottery scratch card gave away the real ending to SOLACE?

And who is HAINES? Foreign Secretary?

#164 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

Are people confusing how the game ends with how the film ends as if they are at all connected narratively and creatively.

I'm not a gamer but aren't the computer games of Bond just merchandising spin-offs? Isn't it like claiming a 007 lottery scratch card gave away the real ending to SOLACE?

And who is HAINES? Foreign Secretary?

Guy Hanies is apparently a close adviser to the British PM. As I understand it Haines is in the film during the opera scene and is one of the members Bond takes a picture of. The guy from special branch that Bond offs was guarding Hanies. I guess that was a set up for this deleted ending. The game doesn't end with the death of White as this new report suggests but it all makes sense to me. That's what Forster meant when he said they would have had to follow up that lead, which we now know would have been Hanies.

#165 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

It looks like it was cut for a good reason to me and its nice to know that Mr. White can still be incorporated in future Bond films and it makes Stamper's comments about the FRWL novel ending had to be the original ending look foolish since it was the exact opposite and just a good idea from fans and nothing else.

#166 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Well it's not what was implied in the IMDB YOLT review, which I still think was genuine that's where the idea comes from. It also told about Camille dying, which isn't in the movie, but yet, if you look at the ending of the movie, you can clearly see something is wrong, Camille is told off screen to "stay there" and Bond deals with Greene alone, leaving her in a place that was crawling with bad guys... And then he gets her back in the car... makes no sense, except if you take into account that they shot two different versions stitched together in the editing suite. It's obvious the movie was in total chaos and that they shot several ways a few scenes, I'm certain that the Bond shot ending was genuine (if not, why would people ask if it is the final one when leaving the theater).

#167 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

Well it's not what was implied in the IMDB YOLT review, which I still think was genuine that's where the idea comes from.

There is no reason to believe the IMDB YOLT review was genuine. But I don't know why I bother to make that point... reason hasn't been your strong suit lately.

#168 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

Spoiler

#169 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

Spoiler

#170 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

Neither, although Bond pushed Haines' bodyguard off the roof of the opera onto Greene's car, where he was shot and killed by Greene's driver.

#171 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

I'm also growing into a 'fan' of Mr.White. And he doesn't need a white cat on his lap to make him interesting.

#172 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

I've seen the film. Yeah, I remember that Bond pushed someone out of a balcony, but I didn't remember if it was Haines or his bodyguard. I've found out today it's his bodyguard.

#173 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

Very interesting. So it seems the original plan for the ending was for Bond to head to Guy Haines' estate in the English countryside, where he also happens across Mr White.

I wonder how that would have played out? There are 2 pics floating around of this deleted scene. Perhaps Bond shows up and thinks he has the drop on Haines only to have White sitting in the corner not unlike Craig was lying in wait for Dryden at the beginning of CR. And it would have ended with White saying something like, Mr Bond, We need to talk... and then cut to black. I could have seen that happening but that yet again force them in to picking up right where they left off yet again. In the end I feel most cuts are usually for the best but I'm happy we'll be able to at least find what this was with DVD release, fingers crossed!

I really do like how White is shaping up to be a really interesting and truly classic villain. This is one of the few times I'm glad they didn't kill off a villain. I usually like to see them meet unhappy ends. lol. Thinking back to that shot of White from the deleted scene , does anyones else get a kinda dark mirror vibe with White? I don't think they should make White be the head of Quantum but it would be interesting if he was their own top operative or 007 if you will. An "anti-Bond" of sorts. So many possibilities I hope White and Quantum are back in Bond 23. I want a quantum trilogy.

I hope he gets to say these immortal lines; "James.... *heavy breathing* I am your father."

Then at the end of the 'Quantum' story arch he should die into Bond's arms as a redeemed man, after receiving deadly shock from the head of Quantum when he had thrown him into a long bottomless shaft. The head of Quantum should be played by some British chap, who's in a urgent need of some face cream and lotions.

#174 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

Very interesting. So it seems the original plan for the ending was for Bond to head to Guy Haines' estate in the English countryside, where he also happens across Mr White.

I wonder how that would have played out? There are 2 pics floating around of this deleted scene. Perhaps Bond shows up and thinks he has the drop on Haines only to have White sitting in the corner not unlike Craig was lying in wait for Dryden at the beginning of CR. And it would have ended with White saying something like, Mr Bond, We need to talk... and then cut to black. I could have seen that happening but that yet again force them in to picking up right where they left off yet again. In the end I feel most cuts are usually for the best but I'm happy we'll be able to at least find what this was with DVD release, fingers crossed!

I really do like how White is shaping up to be a really interesting and truly classic villain. This is one of the few times I'm glad they didn't kill off a villain. I usually like to see them meet unhappy ends. lol. Thinking back to that shot of White from the deleted scene , does anyones else get a kinda dark mirror vibe with White? I don't think they should make White be the head of Quantum but it would be interesting if he was their own top operative or 007 if you will. An "anti-Bond" of sorts. So many possibilities I hope White and Quantum are back in Bond 23. I want a quantum trilogy.

You might just get your wish ...
Spoiler
But since it's been cut, it's evidently not included and could be reversed for BOND 23.

#175 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

I'm glad they cut the Guy Haines ending because I think it would have confused the audience as to who Haines was. It's better to pick that thread up in Bond 23 when it can be explained fully instead of tacking it on to the end of QoS.

#176 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:22 AM

Not only would it have added a useless twist to a minimally consequential character [Haines], it would have totally undermined Bond's development as a professional. It's very significant that Bond didn't kill Yusef but left him alive so that M could extract info from him about "the big picture." That's a big part of what he learned in these two films.

#177 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

With both Yusef's apartment and Haines' estate, it would've been awkward to have two "dwelling infiltrations" back-to-back. The ending is perfect as is.

I look forward to seeing more Mr. White in the future.

Could Guy Haines be a code-name within Quantum? I Googled it just to see wat I got, and as it turn out, Guy Haines is the name of a major character in Strangers on a Train.

I think Haggis was just in a referencing mood when he was coming up with names. Guy Haines, Strawberry Fields, Elvis...

#178 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

I hope he gets to say these immortal lines; "James.... *heavy breathing* I am your father."

Then at the end of the 'Quantum' story arch he should die into Bond's arms as a redeemed man, after receiving deadly shock from the head of Quantum when he had thrown him into a long bottomless shaft. The head of Quantum should be played by some British chap, who's in a urgent need of some face cream and lotions.

This would be a great ending. And while the world celebrates the fall of Quantum, Bond sits alone in the woods, watching the pyre on to which he has placed his father (Mr. White) consume the body. He then turns and sees the smiling ghosts of a
redeemed White, Vesper, and Fields. All this, of course, after he finds out Camille was his sister all-along, and that she, too, can now train to become a Double-O knight.

#179 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

Well it's not what was implied in the IMDB YOLT review, which I still think was genuine that's where the idea comes from. It also told about Camille dying, which isn't in the movie, but yet, if you look at the ending of the movie, you can clearly see something is wrong, Camille is told off screen to "stay there" and Bond deals with Greene alone, leaving her in a place that was crawling with bad guys... And then he gets her back in the car... makes no sense, except if you take into account that they shot two different versions stitched together in the editing suite. It's obvious the movie was in total chaos and that they shot several ways a few scenes, I'm certain that the Bond shot ending was genuine (if not, why would people ask if it is the final one when leaving the theater).

I think that the film released is not the real film. It was fan fiction cobbled together while the real QOS will never be released and was only intended to screen once for an IMDB review.

#180 D. Bond

D. Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

This might have already been mentioned but if you look in the booklet of the Quantum of Solace Soundtrack there's a small image of Mr. White holding a gun pointed at somebody.