202 replies to this topic

#181 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:58 AM

No, no, guys are right, a movie is shot exactly as edited, and nothing can be cut / changed from it. :(

#182 007Bond007

007Bond007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

I bet the people in charge of the QoS game mad that ending so that they could continue it later in another game, and they other game is probably the james bond racing game. SOme how they will probably carry the story on.

#183 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

Well it's not what was implied in the IMDB YOLT review, which I still think was genuine that's where the idea comes from. It also told about Camille dying, which isn't in the movie, but yet, if you look at the ending of the movie, you can clearly see something is wrong, Camille is told off screen to "stay there" and Bond deals with Greene alone, leaving her in a place that was crawling with bad guys... And then he gets her back in the car... makes no sense, except if you take into account that they shot two different versions stitched together in the editing suite. It's obvious the movie was in total chaos and that they shot several ways a few scenes, I'm certain that the Bond shot ending was genuine (if not, why would people ask if it is the final one when leaving the theater).

I think that the film released is not the real film. It was fan fiction cobbled together while the real QOS will never be released and was only intended to screen once for an IMDB review.

"And that makes me very sad" Well, hopefully in the 3-disk edition, they will include all the deleted scenes and such

#184 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

You may think that I couldn't possibly comment

#185 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

did the ending ever get released? no sign of it on youtube. wikipedia has this to say in an unsourced paragraph:

Though unused in the final cut of Quantum of Solace, a scene was shot where Bond arrived at the estate of Guy Haines, an advisor to the Prime Minister and Mr. White's superior in the Quantum organization. In this scene, Bond killed Mr. White and began to question Haines about Quantum; instead the producers chose to use the traditional gun barrel sequence at the end of the film instead of this scene. It is possible that this sequence will be used again in Bond 23.

does anyone know if the ending ever got to the public?

#186 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I don't think it was ever released. It was going to be included on the DVD, but I think EON was concerned about continuity. If, for example, Bond killed White in the deleted scene, but White showed up in later films, people would demand to know why.

#187 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

I would think that, if another edition of Quantum is released on DVD and Blu-ray, it will be included in the future with a SUPER DUPER COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

I would also think that the more important thing to include would be a more coherent cut of the film instead of the jump-cut-mess that is the theatrical version.

#188 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

I would also think that the more important thing to include would be a more coherent cut of the film instead of the jump-cut-mess that is the theatrical version.

There is no such cut. Do you think they decided to make two entirely separate films for the sake of releasing the better one later?

#189 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Well we know Forster recorded a commentary for the film a few months after it came out on DVD/BD, so we know another home video release is inbound (probably next December). I'm pretty confident we'll see it then.

#190 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

There is no such cut. Do you think they decided to make two entirely separate films for the sake of releasing the better one later?

I wouldn't say no to a Directors Cut, I'm sure there's loads of footage they got rid of. I know Forster isn't happy with the finished product, he wanted more time to edit.

#191 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I've recently acquired a document from the QUANTUM OF SOLACE production process, and a shooting outline description refers to a scene at the end of the movie as so: "Bond shoots Mr White and introduces himself to Haines". Thought that may be of interest to some of you.

#192 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I've recently acquired a document from the QUANTUM OF SOLACE production process, and a shooting outline description refers to a scene at the end of the movie as so: "Bond shoots Mr White and introduces himself to Haines". Thought that may be of interest to some of you.

I like this continuous idea that Mr. White gets shot at the end of every single new movie. In the end of Skyfall, suddenly Mr. White appears, then BAM. Bond shoots him. End movie. It's the new gun barrel.

Edited by Chief of SIS, 07 March 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#193 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like this continuous idea that Mr. White gets shot at the end of every single new movie. In the end of Skyfall, suddenly Mr. White appears, then BAM. Bond shoots him. End movie. It's the new gun barrel.

I wonder if it was deleted because not only would it preclude any future appearances of Mr White - unless Bond shot him in his right leg! - but also because when Bond introduces himself to Haines he uses "the line". I can see why the scene might have been edited out if it went like this:-

1 Bond shoots Mr White. 2. Haines asks "who are you?" or variation thereof. 3. 007 replies "The name's Bond. James Bond", and 4. cue Monty Norman theme and end credits.

Too much like the end of CR, if indeed that was the plan.

#194 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

As I understand it (and I'm just going by rumor here), there were two versions of the alternate conclusion. After Bond shot Mr. White, Guy Haines asked Bond, "Who are you?" In one version, Bond did indeed reply with "the line," but in the other, he turned to the camera with a sardonic smile. Cue Bond theme.

#195 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

As I understand it (and I'm just going by rumor here), there were two versions of the alternate conclusion. After Bond shot Mr. White, Guy Haines asked Bond, "Who are you?" In one version, Bond did indeed reply with "the line," but in the other, he turned to the camera with a sardonic smile. Cue Bond theme.

With one slight alteration of that scene - Bond disarms White rather than kills him - I think the second version of the scene would have worked. The film would have ended with Bond so "confirmed" now as 007 that he doesn't even have to use "the line", and an otherwise rather serious Bond film would have ended with a wry chuckle.

#196 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I thought this observation (which has probably already been tackled somewhere else) might go here in this thread.

Is it me, or is there a 'reference' to Ian Fleming's OO7 In New York in Quantum of Solace?

In the short story mentioned above, Fleming wrote:

''...For this was an embarrassing, unattractive business that M had sent Bond anonymously to New York to undertake. It was to warn a nice girl, who had once worked for the Secret Service, an English girl now earning a living in New York, that she was cohabiting with a Soviet agent of the KGB...''

Ok, I do admit I might be flying off the nob somewhat, but the way Quantum ends makes me think that perhaps the producers gave a slight nod to it.

Perhaps not.

Just a thought :-)

:goofy:

#197 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

It's not just you! The thought has crossed my mind also actually. From a short story to a short scene, yes! Accidentally or not it fits.

#198 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

It could run and run. This could be the Bond version of South Park's " Oh My God. They killed Kenny!"
The idea of Bond smirking at the camera instead of saying his name, also makes me think of The Saint and the way that the halo would appear above Rog's head when someone said the words Simon Templar... On the one hand I quite like the idea of breaking the 4th wall, but it does border on being a little cheesy...

#199 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

It could run and run. This could be the Bond version of South Park's " Oh My God. They killed Kenny!"
The idea of Bond smirking at the camera instead of saying his name, also makes me think of The Saint and the way that the halo would appear above Rog's head when someone said the words Simon Templar... On the one hand I quite like the idea of breaking the 4th wall, but it does border on being a little cheesy...

Like it, especially since Skyfall has "no connection" with CR & QoS - unless right at the very end who should turn up, limb fully recovered, than Mr. White - to administer the coup de grace upon yet another villain(s?), only to get shot at again - right leg this time?

#200 fulgentius

fulgentius

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I was just playing the QOS videogame for the Nintendo DS.

To my surprise the last level takes place in the Haines Estate.

It featured a variation I wasn't familiar with :

-White is here to terminate Haines (who is now a liability and could incriminate Quantum)
-Bond enters the mansion and saves Haines (White is the final boss)
-White escapes ! M tells Bond to let him go and recover Haines.
-Bond introduces himself to Haines.

Here are the final snippets of dialogue :

Bond : Mister Haines, you'd better stop talking to Quantum and start talking to me
Haines : Who are you ?
Bond : Bond... James Bond
The End

I would take all this with a grain of salt as there are obviously a lot of creative liberties in the game (for example you fight Dominic Greene in Haine's estate).

What's interesting though is that the final snippets of dialogue are actual recorded dialogue from the film.

Thoughts ?

#201 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Like it, especially since Skyfall has "no connection" with CR & QoS - unless right at the very end who should turn up, limb fully recovered, than Mr. White - to administer the coup de grace upon yet another villain(s?), only to get shot at again - right leg this time?

Remember Goldeneye on the N64 where you could shoot a character's limb, they'd grab it and hobble for a couple of seconds, then suddenly be fully recovered (unless you did it too many times)? Mr White as a playable character would have been funny on that game.

#202 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Now that Skyfall is out, and that is starts out with Bond being killed, I think we can safely assume that the "killing" part was to be featured at the end of QOS.

Think about it, EON always recycle unused ideas. And the only way the end of QOS would have been a cliffhanger would have been to kill 007 FRWL novel style. There's no Cliffhanger is killing Mr White, it doesn't make sense.

#203 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Now that Skyfall is out, and that is starts out with Bond being killed, I think we can safely assume that the "killing" part was to be featured at the end of QOS.

Think about it, EON always recycle unused ideas. And the only way the end of QOS would have been a cliffhanger would have been to kill 007 FRWL novel style. There's no Cliffhanger is killing Mr White, it doesn't make sense.

I don't believe so. The scene description for the deleted scene is below. With White out of the equation, I can't imagine a situation where that scene ends with Haines shooting Bond.