365 replies to this topic

#241 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

It has come to my attention on this forum that the "one rule for one and one for another" prevails.
Again, I have been selected to receive this treatment.
Having posted pictures of Daniel on the Daniel Craig thread (where I saw other pics of him posted) my thread then was singled out to receive the "locked" treatment.

I have tried to work with a certain moderator to creat clearer rules for what constitutes as Tabloid Trash but nothing has been organised.

How are pics of Daniel at the ATM any different from the "Ice Lolly" story or the "Not too Sure about the Flat Cap Daniel" story?

I was basically told in a communique to not even bother posting.
I find this treatment rather odd and wonder why I seem to be the recipient on the wrong side of the law on here?
I am still scratching my head as to why my thread was blocked instead of simply being MOVED to the Tabloid Trash Thread and why other similar threads remain open that, in my mind, are similar in content? Apparently you have to named Qwerty for them to stay open or be liked it seems as any other reason wouldn't be correct.

Anyone have a non-sarcastic answer for me because until now, I can't figure my treatment out?

If the above warfare doesn't seem a little one sided then I dont know what does and I am also being harrassed by another member on here who by the way, was given the heads up to remove his comment before it was blocked.

"To me they are pictures, just about everyone looks at these types of things whether they post admitting to it or not. 279 odd views tell that story.

Are you doing this to count how many people pay attention? Hmm.

To Jim - No but to show that people look at pics whatever they may be of but dont post. Twisting words again?

There are people who enjoy looking at pictures of him no matter what he is doing. Can't nullify those points of view can we?

Why not? And, as is obvious from the link, there are sites for such persons, just as there are sites for people who like licking bricks or collecting melted candles or fiddling with dogs.

To Jim: That is really weird considering there are other threads with pics of him on. I dont see you abusive answers there.

It's nice to see how the man is looking like.

Link to the site then. Reproducing the pictures here seems unnecessary.

To Jim - Fair enough - you could have said that in the first place. Why didnt you instead of leaving sarcasm?

Anyway does he not exploit himself when he sees fit, so why the problem?

Spoken like a true tabloid.

To Jim - Spoken like a true mod.

The irony is that some pictures off the film sets that have been taken by long lenses are a part of the band of pap invasion nastiness you seem to hate. But then they are welcomed.
I'm sure if I provided a picture of Craig rehearsing for Bond 23 it will taken differently.

Probably. There will be a Bond 23 photo bin thread, that's why. And a spoilers thread. I suspect that you may ignore those too (again), for the attention.

To Jim: Again, it seems that you are singling me out for this hunt. If you dont like me then fine but one rule for me, please obvious in the extreme.

As for the elevated Tabloid Trash thread, I think you might contradict yourself there as many of the same types of articles have ended up there too.

If you're of that view, then why not this one? I am quite prepared for you to change my mind on its qualities by shoving your stuff in there.

To Jim - Maybe I will take up what you stated in the communique to me from you and not post at all? Thanks Jim , that was really nice.

Doesn't seem to be a dividing line here but then we are back to the same old "not solved" discussion which always seems to happen when I post Jim. Why is that? Would that be due to certain troublemaker?

Yes. But I suspect we're not ad idem on who the troublemaker is.

To Jim - Yes and it's not me. Its the person who you asked to stop harrassing me and who continues to do so and was the person you gave heads up to to erase his comment before you blocked my thread. How nice of you.

BTW, I am honoured to have so many stories end up in the Trash Depot. At least that place is a little less prickly.

Bung this sort of rubbish in there, then. Solved. You present your own solution. Easy. Value the honour. Why deny yourself greatness?

To Jim : Sarcasm again? Why didn't you just end the pain for everyone and stick my threads automatically in there anyway? Why deny yourself greatness at ending the pain for everyone and just get rid of me? You might be elevated to something more on here then. As and for accusing me of wanting attention, the irony is you create it for me by singling me out for your nastiness and sarcasm. Funny that when I simply wanted to create easier rules for the Trash Forum. But you didnt want my help apparently after asking for it.

Shooting the messenger is never regarded as being cool.

True. Bullets are expensive and it's such a shame to waste them when the message is quite so crap.

Again, observed like a tabloid - you have a great future ahead of you.

You appear to be ignoring that you are the author of the message that creating individual threads on this sort of thing will be OK. If you aren't prepared to stand accountable for what you create, then you won't mind this thread being closed as by your own admission it's nothing to do with you.

To Jim - I wanted my threads whatever they are like to be treated in the same manner as the rest of them on the same thread. Simple as that but you have failed to get that message and more surprising considering you invited me to work with you to help define what those rules are. Whatever happened to that then? I still have your communiques on this subject. As for a future, you have a bright one ahead of you on here as you all are alike. Lovely to work in one rule land isnt it?
Witch Hunt now Jim?

Block this too no doubt after you've had your say.

Your sarcasm and derogatory tone to me is evident enough that this is personal.
Thanks for a nice fair forum.

Any reason why you couldnt have communiqued me and moved this to the Tabloid Trash in the first place without the belittling tone?

But I will take your advice regarding the person who has harrassed me on here
"He accepts that the recent comment was a slip in his own standards."
You gave him time to remove his comment though. Then you blocked my post. How convenient.
Not only have I been systematically harrassed on here and only after numerous communiques was it solved (which it hasn't as he seems to post then delete immediately still on my threads) but my threads which are very similar to everyone elses are dissected and abuse thrown back at me.
Any reason for singling me out and not other posters Jim?

Hardly fair Jim, hardly fair.

#242 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

To be honest, haven't read the entirity of your post, but to throw my proverbial two cents...

Certain mods around here (though not all) are certainly more like trolls.

Period. That is a fact. "Mods can do whatever they want" to quote one.

And since the moderating in these parts are too many times more akin to trolling, things will never be even.

On another note, doesn't anyone notice that the Admiral doesn't participate in the forum that much? Busy making money off Bond fandom maybe.

The thing is, that this forum is not popular, Bond-wise, due to it's moderators nor The Admiral, but to the people who frequent it.

Period. There's another undeniable factor for you.

I'll be baned for stating my opinion, but that's just the way things work. The net should be about freedom, but nowdays it has long been about selling oneself and due exploitation.

Paint it any way you want.

The bad thing is, this place will keep being poorly moderated too many times, and the people who actually make this place - popular - will keep frequenting it and be whipped into submission due to their love for a character.

Edited by Eurospy, 04 June 2009 - 07:36 PM.

#243 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

This little spat between you and Jim has nothing to me so I was hoping to stay out of this silly thread.

However, when somebody references me in a public forum, particularly in a libelous way, you can be sure as hell that I will reply.

All I'll say is that the definition of "tabloid trash" is pretty clear and to constantly defy forum rules and regulations by contunually posting such dreck is unbelievable.

P.S. I don't delete my posts so if this post gets deleted, it was a moderator not me.

#244 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Friends, this forum is so popular because of the members AND the moderators. Who don't let things get out of control. If you think I'm wrong, just check some of the other so-called popular sites.

#245 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

To be honest, haven't read the entirity of your post, but to throw my proverbial two cents...

Certain mods around here (though not all) are certainly more like trolls.

Period. That is a fact. "Mods can do whatever they want" to quote one.

And since the moderating in these parts are too many times more akin to trolling, things will never be even.

On another note, doesn't anyone notice that the Admiral doesn't participate in the forum that much? Busy making money off Bond fandom maybe.

The thing is, that this forum is not popular, Bond-wise, due to it's moderators nor The Admiral, but to the people who frequent it.

Period. There's another undeniable factor for you.

I'll be baned for stating my opinion, but that's just the way things work. The net should be about freedom, but nowdays it has long been about selling oneself and due exploitation.

Paint it any way you want.

The bad thing is, this place will keep being poorly moderated too many times, and the people who actually make this place - popular - will keep frequenting it and be whipped into submission due to their love for a character.

Just wanting one rule for all. I was offered to participate in revamping the Trash Depot then nothing.
So, seeing other threads in the same forum with pics of him wearing Flat Caps and about Ice Lollies, I thought pictures of him at the ATM would be at home.
Evidently not. That is my point. So on making my point, my last post was dissected into pieces, mentions of dog fiddling and then closed.
Yes certain mods can do what they like it seems. At this point though because of my thread closure over nothing and then being communiqued about preferably not posting anything again, well it's hard not to take it personally isnt it?
Yes this will be locked eventually too I guess.
And no, contrary to above "suggestions' it is NOT clear what constitutes as Trash, if it was then this problem would not have arisen and the Daniel Craig Thread would not have items in there that should be in Trash in the first place. Even Jim agreed at one point that there were things in there.

So anyone have the answer why Ice Lollies and Flat Caps remain open and ATM pics were locked APART from the fact that I posted them? The CbN Team dont seem to care either as no-one has bothered to answer me on this. The irony being I am accused of "attention seeking" when certain mods close my threads or move them when they let others remain only brings attention to my threads.

Talking of dogs though, this place reminds me of dogs chasing their own tails when members like myself only wanted to clarify the whole system. Sill have the communiques from Jim regarding that.

Utter confusion and confused rules still apply but I did try to help.
But there you have it. I guess I will post everything in future into the Trash Depot in future and allow the Mods to redirect where they want to.

So no doubt all my atagonists will have a go but it's the end of it for me. B)

#246 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Wasn't the Tabloid Trash thread created for you DLF?

I seem to remember that every singe day I would log into this forum and see the forum flooded with pointless news stories. The 'Britt Ekland out and about' thread comes to mind.

Seriously, I just think the mods want to keep CBn tidy.
I mean, pictures of Daniel Craig using a cash point really isn't breaking news is it?

#247 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

Wasn't the Tabloid Trash thread created for you DLF?

I seem to remember that every singe day I would log into this forum and see the forum flooded with pointless news stories. The 'Britt Ekland out and about' thread comes to mind.

Seriously, I just think the mods want to keep CBn tidy.
I mean, pictures of Daniel Craig using a cash point really isn't breaking news is it?

You miss the point, nor are Ice Lollies and Flat Caps. B)
Double standards remain.

#248 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Honestly, dlf, it’s always a tough call, but it seems more and more that we are seeing pictures that intrude on the private lives of Bond stars — particularly of Daniel Craig, a man who values his private life. So consequently things like pictures of Daniel Craig walking to the ATM just feels dirty. But honestly there cannot ever be a hard and fast rule of what’s right and what’s wrong because it will always be subjective.

As a ‘for instance’ to give you an idea where the line lies, I’d say pictures of Daniel Craig and his wife going out for a meal at a trendy restaurant where all the celebs hang out is okay, but a photo of Daniel Craig and his wife out for a meal at a local eatery is not. Problem is I’ve no idea which restaurants celebs hang out at.

It’s really a matter of private life, bad; public life, good.

So our job as a moderator becomes guessing a stars intentions. Are they okay with this picture being taken? Are they performing part of their extended job as a member of the entertainment industry? Or is this a private moment that has been intruded on by the paps?

I’d hope any photo of Craig and Babs together would always fit the ‘their extended job as a member of the entertainment industry’ criteria. (Though it doesn’t always make it interesting.) Craig getting money from the ATM, I’m not seeing how that’s ever ‘public life’.

One nearly hard and fast rule I have is ‘children of celebrities are not celebrities’. (Insert Jason Connery joke here). So unless they it’s a picture of, say, Timothy Dalton and his daughter at the Oscars™, the picture would go in the ‘bad’ category.

I hope that helps, dlf. It’s not easy to describe this conceptual line of delineation.

And, yes, I’m sure we’ven’t been fair about what gets moderated and what hasn’t. That has to do with many factors, not limited to the fact one that we’ve many moderators, that things tend to get handled differently depending on how much of a problem it is, and that it is difficult to judge what someone is doing or has in their head by a photograph.

#249 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Sorry so can pictures of Daniel be posted or not as some remain open in the DC thread?
Isn't every pic of him an intrusion then when taken out and about or is it still guesswork as to what Daniel's intentions are? Does he want press, does he not?
So it's up to the mod to deliberate on and where it goes?

That is where the confusion lays, sorry.

It seems it's all in how the hot air blows through the forum at the time I guess.

#250 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

Disclaimer: Don't take this as a personal attack. Just because I'm replying to a thread you started doesn't mean I'm "harassing" you or whatever you claim I do.

This is a James Bond fansite, not a Daniel Craig fansite.

If we want to see Daniel Craig picking his nose at a restaurant, we'll go to a Daniel Craig fansite.

If Daniel Craig signs on to a Broadway play. That makes a good thread.

See the difference?

#251 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

http://justjared.buz...g-defiance-dvd/

As my original thread was locked due some one rule for one and one for another here are the ATM pics of Dan.

Cut the crap!

I thought this thread had already been closed.

#252 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

I think Righty has hit the proverbial nail on the head there. Nicely summarised.

#253 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:11 AM

That he has, it just isn't necessary on this site to post pictures of the man every time they become available. Seeing him doing ordinary things and then exploiting and publicizing them is what tabloid journalism is. Like Righty said, this is a Bond site, so stories on the character of James Bond OR the actor's professional careers or life accomplishments (ex: Broadway, UNICEF, awards, etc) is acceptable. Posting images of his daily life, however, is unnecessary and, as stated before, an invasion of this very private man's life. There are so many stories of relevance to the site that get posted every week. For moderators, that's a lot to keep in check, and what they don't need are an abundance of threads on essentially the exact same subject (if you can even call it that). Don't take these things personally, just try to accomodate to the rules and more importantly think about how you would feel if a bunch of fanboys were posting images of your daily movements all over the internet.

#254 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

I'm not interested in seeing/reading tabloid trash in these forums. It ain't news so I don't see the point.

#255 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:19 AM

Debate about the merits and meanings of the tabloid trash thread belongs in the tabloid trash thread. It seems unnecessary to create one thread to consider the merits of another.

Threads merged.

#256 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

If we want to see Daniel Craig picking his nose at a restaurant, we'll go to a Daniel Craig fansite.

See the difference?

Not quite it at all. If Daniel Craig picks his nose at restaurant in Cannes those pictures are fine (still tabloid trash and thus should go in this thread, but the pics are fine). If Daniel Craig picks his nose at restaurant in Chester then those pictures are of his private life and not okay.

I would also say that any pictures of a Bond related celebrity gleefully acknowledging the photographer are okayed by that celebrity no matter where they are taken.

Some find the these tabloid stories about Bond celebrities interesting, and thus there is a place for them here on CBn (read: this thread), but we’re going to as of right now state that we don’t want any part of intrutions in to celebrities private lives.

Besides are there any Tchéky Karyo websites to see pictures of Defence Minister Dmitri Mishkin picking his nose at the Golden Globes™? B)

#257 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yes, this is probably very rude but I'm feeling very relaxed and not in the mood to care, so I'm wondering why, if some people think everything is so awful here that they keep visiting? If you don't like it here, B) off! Fairly simple, no? (And this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular)

#258 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

Besides are there any Tchéky Karyo websites to see pictures of Defence Minister Dmitri Mishkin picking his nose at the Golden Globes™? B)

If you're interested, I've one of him picking his guitar... :tdown:
Posted Image

Seriously, am I the only one to think this thread could do with a little more levity? It seems obvious that all the people here (and all the mods, since they are, after all, people) don't have the same definition of what is acceptable or not in terms of pics.
Is it really necessary to accuse people who post pics deemed borderline of, how to put it, "tabloidishness" and suggest they go away?

#259 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

See the difference?

Not quite it at all. If Daniel Craig picks his nose at restaurant in Cannes those pictures are fine (still tabloid trash and thus should go in this thread, but the pics are fine). If Daniel Craig picks his nose at restaurant in Chester then those pictures are of his private life and not okay.

I would also say that any pictures of a Bond related celebrity gleefully acknowledging the photographer are okayed by that celebrity no matter where they are taken.

Some find the these tabloid stories about Bond celebrities interesting, and thus there is a place for them here on CBn (read: this thread), but we’re going to as of right now state that we don’t want any part of intrutions in to celebrities private lives.

Besides are there any Tchéky Karyo websites to see pictures of Defence Minister Dmitri Mishkin picking his nose at the Golden Globes™? :tdown:

Thanks for your friendly clarification Mr Asterix. :)

Yes, this is probably very rude but I'm feeling very relaxed and not in the mood to care, so I'm wondering why, if some people think everything is so awful here that they keep visiting? If you don't like it here, B) off! Fairly simple, no? (And this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular)

Bingo.

Besides are there any Tchéky Karyo websites to see pictures of Defence Minister Dmitri Mishkin picking his nose at the Golden Globes™? :)

If you're interested, I've one of him picking his guitar... :S
Posted Image

Seriously, am I the only one to think this thread could do with a little more levity? It seems obvious that all the people here (and all the mods, since they are, after all, people) don't have the same definition of what is acceptable or not in terms of pics.
Is it really necessary to accuse people who post pics deemed borderline of, how to put it, "tabloidishness" and suggest they go away?

Yes, I thought that is why MHarkin created it originally? He checks it constantly apparently so he must find it funny. I do. :S :tdown:

#260 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Excuse me? -_-

In all fairness. I posted quite a few story's back in the day, that were counted as tabloid trash. YOU on the other hand, post mindless and BS stories wherever you want, regardless of the Tabloid Trash Depot waiting to be filled with your pointless garbage.

#261 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Excuse me? -_-

In all fairness. I posted quite a few story's back in the day, that were counted as tabloid trash. YOU on the other hand, post mindless and BS stories wherever you want, regardless of the Tabloid Trash Depot waiting to be filled with your pointless garbage.

Well, this IS the reason for this exact thread still in existence, so the likes of you and don't have to come here and wade in the cesspool. I'm glad there are enough mods about who are will to do so for mod reasons so I don't have to. This will definitely be the last occasion I'll be in here, unless I receive a "report this thread" email. And there have been a few over a period of time, mind you.

#262 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

Excuse me? -_-

Well, this IS the reason for this exact thread still in existence, so the likes of you and don't have to come here and wade in the cesspool. I'm glad there are enough mods about who are will to do so for mod reasons so I don't have to. This will definitely be the last occasion I'll be in here, unless I receive a "report this thread" email. And there have been a few over a period of time, mind you.

Then make the choice not to visit the thread then if it upsets you.
It's that simple as was pointed out by another poster and by Blofeld's Cat.
The title Tabloid Trash was set up by you for pointless stories and garbage hence it's title. Or what was your defintion of Tabloid Trash in the first place as I would love to hear that.
I mean anyone could see that Shakespeare wouldn't be in here. What were you expecting? I'm sorry but you contradict yourself there.
Quite honestly, the upset, defensiveness that this thread causes and confusion really might be the very good reason to get rid of it.
A suggestion as it apparently upsets more rather than entertains. I thought a thread like this was to have some levity in it rather than seriousness?
Yes, people's humour is different but really.
Smile and the world smiles with you. Life's too short.
B)

#263 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

I try my best, but it's a bit difficult when I see threads made my you, dotted all over the forums, that belong in here.

And with that. I am departing.
Good day.

#264 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

I try my best, but it's a bit difficult when I see threads made my you, dotted all over the forums, that belong in here.

And with that. I am departing.
Good day.

Well it was the confusion of the rules (what was TRASH - which I asked you to clarify (still waiting)as you were the "creator" of the thread and which I was offered to help with but nothing happened) that led to my stories being dotted all over the place.
But now I know and will place the crap in here in future so your enjoyment and humour will not be hindered. Now you know where NOT to visit. It's your choice not to view.
Yes, good day. B)

#265 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:29 AM

danslittlefinger, you're a sociopathic bully that blames others and/or contrives "confusion" of rules to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions.

Your beef with me started because you couldn't handle me merging/moderating your tabloid stories. Now that Jim and Blofeld's Cat have "harassed' you by locking your threads, it's quite evident that my past moderation was warranted.

I don't care if you pollute this thread with your tabloid trash but please don't bully my pal, Mharkin.

#266 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

B)

#267 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

Er, when I suggested that people who don't like it here just B) off, I wasn't talking about this thread, I was talking about the CB.n forums as a whole.

#268 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Sorry but this thread is becoming more "trash" than "tabloid". Again, is this really necessary? If so, indeed Santa, I suppose the grass is greener and less bitter elsewhere!

#269 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

It is all getting nasty but it bothers me quite a lot when people post just to slag off the place. You're not paying for it so it owes you nothing and if you think it's so badly run, why keep coming back? If I don't like the food in a restaurant, I don't go back there, I go somewhere else! I happen to think CB.n is well run and well moderated, that's why I stick around, as opposed to those who seem to come back only to complain about it.

#270 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

It is all getting nasty but it bothers me quite a lot when people post just to slag off the place. You're not paying for it so it owes you nothing and if you think it's so badly run, why keep coming back? If I don't like the food in a restaurant, I don't go back there, I go somewhere else! I happen to think CB.n is well run and well moderated, that's why I stick around, as opposed to those who seem to come back only to complain about it.

It makes sense!
Although, I do understand people who complain about how a place like this is run and moderated (this is not directed to anyone, I'm not even specifically talking about CBn here, but forums in general).
I mean, forums like this are made of user-generated content (although it is arguable that many of the posts deserve to be called "content", I'll give you that! B)), so, it is not entirely true that you're not "paying" for it: of course you don't send money, but you "invest" time, thought and passion etc. when you take part in a forum discussion, so I understand how people can feel passionate about the way what they "invest" is dealt with, if you see my point. :tdown: