Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

http://www.mi6.co.uk...d...=mi6&s=news
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Iain_Softley

Likely bull[censored], but it's something.
Sounds like a Brosnan-era type director. Could work, he is ore in the Campbell vein then Forster.

#152 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

Good news, if it's true.

He shot Hackers at Pinewood for MGM/UA many moons ago.

#153 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:35 PM

Did I not suggest him in another thread? B)

I think Softley would be a perfect, no frills director in the Young/Campbell/Glen mold. He would be perfect for a fun, crowd-pleasing, Octopussy style romp, which I for one would welcome at this point.

#154 Satorious

Satorious

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

Good choice, but then I've also suggested him in the past. Seems very much like the type of guy EON might pursue. Danny Boyle/Christopher Nolan are too high profile at the moment. I reckon Mike Newell would be worth a shot also.

#155 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Wikipedia article? Less credibility than a tabloid then. The references to Softley have now been removed anyway. I seriously doubt they've chosen a director, if we are to believe Wilson's comments from last week that there is no progress on BOND 23 yet.

#156 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Softley seems the type of guy EON would gun for. He has a healthly turn in film. Never seen any of is films so can't judge on the front. Seems respectable enough.

Whatever happened to all those CBn sources during he Bond #6 casting, have they dissappeared?

#157 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

I wouldn't mind it but then again I'll take any bond 23 news at this point no matter how BS it is lol

#158 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

My God, P-D ... do you believe everything you read on the interweb? It was obviously made up and corrected moments later, but you still felt the need to post it?

#159 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

What?
Of course i don't beleive it. Look at my orginal post. It's just things are shockingly quiet on the B23 front, and any rumour imo at the moment is interesting. I doubt its true but at least it provides discussion, which i think this forum is for.

#160 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Must be a really slow news day if they're citing Wikipedia edits as "news". B)

#161 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

Softley? BOND 23 can do much better, even if they're not quite reaching for another Forster-type director.

Not that there's anything to this rumor, anyway.

#162 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Not a bad choice (loved K-PAX), and hardly an unlikely choice, either, since he fits the Eon profile to a T. I'd agree, though, that he seems more of a Brosnan era director - he's certainly no Marc Forster (not that they need a Marc Forster, of course). We'll see what happens.

#163 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Must be a really slow news day if they're citing Wikipedia edits as "news". B)

Will it make it to CBN's Front Page?

#164 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Wikipedia is not a news source. This appears to be typical Wiki vandalism. You can track back and see it was added by an anonymous user.

Oh, look, this just in from Wiki! Daniel Craig's middle name is "f*art."

#165 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

what is annoying is Bond 23 news keep going from a lot (like last week) to nothing at all this week.

Here is hoping we get a lot next week.

#166 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

edit

#167 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Not a bad choice (loved K-PAX), and hardly an unlikely choice, either, since he fits the Eon profile to a T. I'd agree, though, that he seems more of a Brosnan era director - he's certainly no Marc Forster (not that they need a Marc Forster, of course). We'll see what happens.

I agree, this is exactly the kind of name that would have come up on an internet rumour list for TWINE or DAD - Bargain Bin Brit who directed something credible about 15 years ago, now available for cheap after a couple of Hollywood flops.

Lately, EON have shown that they're aiming a little higher. I expect the Bond 23 helmer to be of the same caliber as Forster, i.e. has been associated with Oscar-winning films.

#168 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Craig meets Eastwood :S

On the shoot for the new Tintin movie, Steven Spielberg invited Clint Eastwood onto the set for a tour. Part of that day’s special effects shoot involved several of the actors wearing green spandex and with motion sensors over the face. When the shoot was done, Spielberg took Eastwood around to meet the cast, including Daniel Craig.

After he met Clint, the James Bond actor turned to a colleague and said: “I can’t believe I just met Dirty B)ing Harry dressed up as an utter :tdown:.” :)
:tdown:ing-harry/" target="_blank">http://agentbedhead.com/index.php/archive/...-:)ing-harry/

#169 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

http://www.dailymail...own-Affair.html

The Brosnan Crown Affair: Is Pierce going thin on top?
By James Tapper
Last updated at 10:14 PM on 25th April 2009

It's an intriguing Bond mystery – just how did one of the thickest heads of hair in showbusiness suddenly vanish?
Posted Image
From Brusher with love: Pierce Bosnan sharing a kiss with his wife Keeley Shaye Smith in California

As Pierce Brosnan shared a tender moment with his wife Keely Shaye Smith in Malibu, the unforgiving Californian sun illuminated what appeared to be a sizeable bald spot in his famously glossy mane.
Brosnan – former 007 actor and star of The Thomas Crown Affair – is renowned for the care he takes of his hair and just three months ago his locks had appeared as dense as ever when he appeared at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.

The 55-year-old has previously admitted to using hairpieces, although only while acting in The World Is Not Enough in 1999 and Die Another Day in 2002. (I never knew that! B) )
Virtually all the actors to play 007 have suffered hair loss. Sean Connery needed a toupee for many Bond films as he began balding when he was just 32 during filming of Dr No.

Roger Moore is said to have used products to thicken his hair for A View To A Kill, at the age of 58.

And Timothy Dalton had his receding hairline disguised by creative camera angles and comb-overs.

Luckily for Brosnan he is still sought after by casting directors for his looks. He will play a Greek demi-god in Percy Jackson, a fantasy due out next year about a boy trying to solve a dispute among the gods.

(Let's hope the Bald Bond Curse doesnt strike Craig..too soon :tdown: ).

#170 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

Dude's been thinning for years. I saw him at Wimbledon the other year (on TV, I hasten to add, not in person) and there was a heck of a lot of scalp to be seen.

Craig's the same, though. He's got massive slap in real life - he almost looks like John Malkovich. Grey hair, too.

Seems the Brosmeister's letting himself go in other areas, too:

Posted Image

#171 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

Dude's been thinning for years. I saw him at Wimbledon the other year (on TV, I hasten to add, not in person) and there was a heck of a lot of scalp to be seen.

Craig's the same, though. He's got massive slap in real life - he almost looks like John Malkovich. Grey hair, too.

Posted Image

I did notice that in a picture taken in March..
Posted Image

#172 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Brosnan certainly gives Connery a run for his money in the chest and tum rug department. You can bet he's naturally got a hairy back and shoulders, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just sayin'.

#173 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with losing or thinning hair at all, before anyone leaps on me. B)

#174 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

Indeed. Who among us is a perfect physical specimen? I'm sure as heck not. What's worth poking fun at, I think, is Hollywood's obsession with How People Should Look™. Brosnan and Craig wouldn't be seen dead going before the cameras looking how they look naturally - why is this?

#175 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Indeed. Who among us is a perfect physical specimen? I'm sure as heck not. What's worth poking fun at, I think, is Hollywood's obsession with How People Should Look™. Brosnan and Craig wouldn't be seen dead going before the cameras looking how they look naturally - why is this?

Looking Good = Movie Looks Good = Money?
But what does Craig look like naturally? I mean I know there is the make up and editing that helps but what are the other things for him?

#176 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:55 AM

Funny you should mention this as earlier this evening one of the cable networks here in the U.S. was showing the top 10 best and worst beach bodies, and I saw a tabloid magazine that featured a similar subject.

The thing is both Broz and Craig will still likely look better than any of us ever will, with our without hair, back hair or in most other areas. It does make you feel a little better though knowing they are just a little more human in these ways.

#177 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Virtually all the actors to play 007 have suffered hair loss.

Actually, virtually all men suffer hair loss sooner or later!

I noticed the greying hair (particularly isible when he lets a beard grow), but is he really getting a male baldness pattern? B)

#178 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Man gets older.

It's news.

#179 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

(Let's hope the Bald Bond Curse doesnt strike Craig..too soon :tdown: ).

Well he's pretty much already there. Looking at his real life photos vs his appearance in QOS, I think its clear that he's had some "assistance" on his head onscreen.

Oh and who is Rog fooling - 80 year old man with a full head of chestnut brown hair? B)

#180 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Man gets older.

It's news.

Exactly.