Posted Image

#62 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

I've watched The Tudors, and I can't say it improved my opinion of Henry Cavill's acting abilities. I'm not convinced at all. At this point, I see a mannequin, not an actor.

#63 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

Craig's replacement?

Two words.....

"poor sod."

Two more words :

"good :(ing luck!"

#64 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

Hhmm, I just don't see him as Bond from watching that. Maybe when he gets older and more chiseled he just may be in contention again.

More about the ad here.

BTW danslittlefinger, please credit your sources. Just be be fair, OK? :(

#65 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:46 AM

Hhmm, I just don't see him as Bond from watching that. Maybe when he gets older and more chiseled he just may be in contention again.

More about the ad here.

I would but I was sent it from someone. Sorry I dont know.

#66 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

I merged all 3 Henry Cavil Dunhill threads together to keep all posts under the same umbrella.

#67 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'm not sure it was mentioned in this thread yet but if you all remember Henry Cavill WAS considered along with Daniel Craig back in 2005 for the relaunch. For those who weren't members back then here's the article: http://commanderbond.net/article/2995 :the comment about Cavill being
Comments: Director Martin Campbell said that in the end it was between Daniel Craig and Cavill. Cavill lost out because, at 22, he was just too young. Could Cavill become Bond #7?
...so it could be quite possible he could be up next. I mean wasn't Roger Moore considered at the same time Sean Connery was before the film franchise began. And then we have Pierce Brosnan being considered with Timothy Dalton as well. So, Henry Cavill the NEXT Bond? I think he would be great.

#68 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

More about the ad here.

I would but I was sent it from someone. Sorry I dont know.

OK then. Just be mindful of the fact that by quoting another source word-for-word without credit may be considered discourteous by some, and even theft by others.

"It's a minefield out there" to quote Bond in Die Another Day. :)

#69 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

And then we have Pierce Brosnan being considered with Timothy Dalton as well.

Actually, Pierce was signed in 1986 but had to bow out because of NBC picking up the Remington Steele option.

#70 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

And then we have Pierce Brosnan being considered with Timothy Dalton as well.

Actually, Pierce was signed in 1986 but had to bow out because of NBC picking up the Remington Steele option.

Right, of course! I took the shortcut in my description. LOL. There are even pictures of that signing which is pretty cool.

#71 marygoodnight

marygoodnight

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

I'm not sure it was mentioned in this thread yet but if you all remember Henry Cavill WAS considered along with Daniel Craig back in 2005 for the relaunch. For those who weren't members back then here's the article: http://commanderbond.net/article/2995 :the comment about Cavill being

Comments: Director Martin Campbell said that in the end it was between Daniel Craig and Cavill. Cavill lost out because, at 22, he was just too young. Could Cavill become Bond #7?
...so it could be quite possible he could be up next. I mean wasn't Roger Moore considered at the same time Sean Connery was before the film franchise began. And then we have Pierce Brosnan being considered with Timothy Dalton as well. So, Henry Cavill the NEXT Bond? I think he would be great.

out of all of those THANK GOD they took Craig ! as for Henry Cavill as Bond.let him keep up the colonge ad's

#72 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Though if they had gone with a very young Bond at the time, Cavill seemed the one with the look. No?

#73 Mr.B

Mr.B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

I don't know, I don't like him as an actor.

Of course, I know from my own professional experience that you can ramp yourself up as an actor, but now I would say no.

Besides I think he looks too much Brosnan.

#74 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

Besides I think he looks too much Brosnan.

Maybe subconsciously THAT's why I like him. LOL :(

#75 Mr.B

Mr.B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

@ Athena007:

Well, I loved Pierce Brosnan too, but I think it wouldn't be the best idea to choose someone who's so simular to him, even if it's just about the looks. It would be like the "Connery-Lazenby thing".

#76 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Oh I quite agree, Mr.B. I just kinda didn't make the Brosnan/Cavill connection until you mentioned it actually. :(

#77 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

And is that bad?

Anyone like him? It's the guy starring in TORCHWOOD, playing Captain John Harkness!

John Barrowman

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Aris007, 15 August 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#78 Mr.B

Mr.B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well, it's not bad. I just think it would be like a copy, a poor imitation. And he could probably never beat Brosnan. He still has a huge backing in my generation (1980's). I can't imagine that Cavill would like to be seen as the "Brosnan-Kind-Of-Guy". But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and basically it's all specualtion.

#79 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

I think we're all being a little premature.

I'm sure if we looked at Craig's work during his early twenties, none of us would have had him for a future Bond. Hell, most of us were unsure about him until after CR.

If Cavill's screen test was good that he was runner up to Craig and the only thing stopping him from being considered further was his age...then I tip my hat to him. The producer's rarely get it wrong. They earmarked Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan well before their time and lets not forget the unknown Connery (with little acting experience).

Cavill strikes me as one of those actors who is just meant to play Bond and nothing else. But, if he is ever cast, there would come with that a worry that we might be going back into Moore/Brosnan territory of gadgets and bad puns, which I don't really mind as long as it is done right.

The Cavill campaign starts here...

Edited by Eddie Burns, 15 August 2008 - 05:28 PM.

#80 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Anyone like him? It's the guy starring in TORCHWOOD, playing Captain John Harkness! John Barrowman

THIS John Barrowman? :(

Posted Image

I actually really like him. He was more Bond-like in Doctor Who than he seems to in TORCHWOOD now. I brought him up as a possible chose back in 2005 and if I recall correctly people seem to have a problem with the fact that he's American, he has a "Tom Cruise" look and he's gay. But I think he could do a great job none-the-less. I am a total Barrowman supporter if he ever needed one.

#81 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

http://g-ecx.images-.../LuisMiguel.jpg

lol

but he has no blue eyes.. and doubt he can imitate british accent.

#82 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

Anyone like him? It's the guy starring in TORCHWOOD, playing Captain John Harkness! John Barrowman

Posted Image

I actually really like him. He was more Bond-like in Doctor Who than he seems to in TORCHWOOD now. I brought him up as a possible chose back in 2005 and if I recall correctly people seem to have a problem with the fact that he's American, he has a "Tom Cruise" look and he's gay. But I think he could do a great job none-the-less. I am a total Barrowman supporter if he ever needed one.

Gay? Oh God! :)

Besides this he's suitable for the role in my opinion! He's American! So what! George Lazenby was Australian! There are so many good actors for the role. I can't understand why they're not chosen, because they're Americans!

Are we going to see you with Prince Charles in a photo? ;) :)

#83 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image

He definitely has a certain charm and charisma about him. I'd love to see him in the starring role of a huge production. Could he be right for Bond? Maybe.

#84 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Quite frankly Daniel Craig is the best thing to happen to James Bond in years, and I hope and pray we have him in the part for the next 3 films tat reports indicate he's signed for plus some more. But remember Henry Cavill? CBn broke the news of the then 2 year old actor touted for the part. We all thought very little of it, only to find that he was in the final 4 and later even said to have only just narrowly lost out the part to Craig on CR?
He was waaaaay wrong for Bond back then, but now I'm impressed. He has a Connery like aire about him, God knows if he can act. He can hardly touch Draig when it comes to that, but the prods have made a habit of going back to get the next actor (Dalton, Brosnan) and Cavill being so young seems to be a perfect fit.
What do you think? Is he grooming himself for the part?
http://justjared.buz...hill-ads-08.jpg

#85 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

http://debrief.comma...p...st&p=844732

B)

#86 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged]

#87 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

THIS John Barrowman? B)

Posted Image

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God no. God no. God no.

He cannot act to save his life. He is a West End Wendy with great presence and matinee style charisma, he can belt out a show tune and is okay in TORCHWOOD (to be fair they don't know what to do with his character - though the sexual honesty of the role is refreshing and vital for the presentation of gayers onscreen)....but he is not Bond material AT ALL.

#88 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'll die first before they cast an American to play Bond.

#89 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Well out of last times boys:
Remember this lot....
who could fill the shoes of Craig.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hopefully many years to go before this is an issue
but whatever... so...
.....John Barrowman(he's Scottish but grew up in the US and now lives in Wales) is too camp and too old to play Bond. I don't have a problem with an American playing Bond. If he can do the accent, then what's the problem? Just get it right and no more Brosnan weirdness. There are plenty of great American actors who can do an authentic English accent.