343 replies to this topic

#151 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Does the Bond popping out of a fountain sound a little bit like something Roger Moore would do...

Oh yes :tup:, but I think it doesn't mean he will pop out of the water, but of the bottini / tunnel of this fountain (i.e. out of a small door on the side of the monumental foutain)

Ah, understand now.

So presumably this fits in with:

Spoiler

#152 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

Spoiler

That's not the start of the movie, at least as far as we can tell. That scene seems to be post-PTS.

#153 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

Ah, understand now.

So presumably this fits in with:

Spoiler

I'm not sure. There will be a chase in the bottini too, Cerasuolo insisted on that: a chase on the three levels of the city:
- underground in the bottini
- on the ground: Piazza del Campo and nearby streets
- above the ground: on the rooftops
IMO it'll be the end of the Siena chase, and White should be questioned either before the chase begins (by the Lake), or after (in this subterranean MI6 safe house, that I doubt we'll have enough time to see during the opening sequence, but I can be wrong :tup:)

#154 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

I don't know. I imagined that they question White underground, he's killed by an MI6 traitor, Bond chases the traitor through tunnels, streets and then roofs. The lake stuff could be only losely related to that sequence.

#155 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

From what we can understand, the car chase is by the lake. It happens first, possibly in the PTS.

This sequence in Siena happens latter, probably after White is interrogated in the underground safe house.

But the Siena stuff could be two separate sequences, we know that the art gallery fight is in Siena too.

So that would be:-
Underground in the bottini,
On the ground: Piazza del Campo and nearby streets,
Above the ground: on the rooftops
and
In the Gallery (up in the tower, through the dome and into the big hall on the scaffolding and ropes.)

But with the chase that involves the Bottini ending by the fountain during the horse race, I am starting to see this as two sequences, (three action sequences in Italy in the first 20mins does seem like a lot)

#156 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

I geuss the Art fight is after the title sequnce. Looking at the B-roll footage, there's a scene where I presume M is in Bonds hotel room telling Bond that she thought she could trust him. Note what Bond's clothes are like. He's wearing a suit that looks pretty torn and dusty. I think that fits nicely after the Art Gallery sequence. Though could the Sienna art gallery be dubbing for a place in 'Bolivia'.

From what we can understand, the car chase is by the lake. It happens first, possibly in the PTS.

This sequence in Siena happens latter, probably after White is interrogated in the underground safe house.

But the Siena stuff could be two separate sequences, we know that the art gallery fight is in Siena too.

and
In the Gallery (up in the tower, through the dome and into the big hall on the scaffolding and ropes.)

But with the chase that involves the Bottini ending by the fountain during the horse race, I am starting to see this as two sequences, (three action sequences in Italy in the first 20mins does seem like a lot)

Surely if QOS begins 20 mins after CR then I'm expecting Bond to be wearing the dark navy blue 3 peice suit that he wore at the very end of CR

#157 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

Though could the Sienna art gallery be dubbing for a place in 'Bolivia'.

From what I've seen on the first footage released (with Craig hanging on a rope i the art gallery), I'm pretty sure the art gallery is not dubbing for a place anywhere else than Siena: the black and white striped "marble" pilars are typical Siena.

#158 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

Looking at the B-roll footage, there's a scene where I presume M is in Bonds hotel room telling Bond that she thought she could trust him. Note what Bond's clothes are like. He's wearing a suit that looks pretty torn and dusty. I think that fits nicely after the Art Gallery sequence. very end of CR

The hotel room is in Bolivia much later in the film.

Though could the Sienna art gallery be dubbing for a place in 'Bolivia'.

The Sienna art gallery is a set in the studio, why would it be called the Sienna art gallery set, but be doubling for somewhere in Bolivia?

Surely if QOS begins 20 mins after CR then I'm expecting Bond to be wearing the dark navy blue 3 peice suit that he wore at the very end of CR

Well we don

#159 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

For the record, MI6.co.uk has written a report about the Siena chase, but nothing new to those who have read this thread... :tup:

Yep - coincidentally just after the CBn summary article on the Siena filming went up. :tup:

#160 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Bond crew expected to arrive for filming on 31 March

#161 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

and

Here's how I can see it playing out:
- Bond is preparing to bring Mr. White in for questioning (and is somewhat apathetic to his leg injury)
- Unfortunately, the party gets crashed by the arrival or Mr. Slate and Elvis, who have come to kill White because the Organisation suspect Vesper sold him down the river
- The car chase involves Bond and White in the Aston, trying to get to the SIena safhouse while being hounded by Slate and Elvis
- Halfay through, Bond realises their arrival was a little too convenient, and realises they were after another target: Rene Mathis, currently being questioned by M in the Siena cisterns
- Bond attempts to lose them, resulting in the explosion
- Cue titles
- When we return, Bond has given Slate and Elvis the slip and is now bringing White into the safehouse
- White and Slate are cunning bastards, however, and managed to follow Bond and White to their other target: Mathis
- Bond leaves White with M and the MI6 staff, and starts chasing them through Siena
- Bond and Slate end up coming out of the bottini and Slate is trampled to death.
- Alternatively, Bond kills Slate in the art gallery and chases Elvis out of the bottini; Elvis escapes in the middle of the crowds and confusion.

Essentially, it's an extended chase with a slight interlude in the middle; you think the chase is over once we get to Siena, but it's only halfway through.

#162 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

well, I mean, where was it that said this was going to have the longest pts ever---even long than TWINE's? Can't remember where I saw that.

#163 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

I don't know where that came from. I don't particulary care either, for my intuiton tells me it is a load of rubbish.

#164 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

well, I mean, where was it that said this was going to have the longest pts ever---even long than TWINE's? Can't remember where I saw that.

It was a tabloid news, not reliable. There are some posts related to that earlier in this thread.

#165 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

For those who'd like to have a preview of the Piazza del Campo and its fountain (Fonte Gaia), here is a link to a nice "fisheye" view:
- Fonte Gaia
http://www.italyguid.../fonte_gaia.htm
- Piazza del Campo
http://www.italyguid...a_del_campo.htm

#166 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Are you referring to the way I see it? Because it wouldn't really be that long a PTS; the titles simply break the chase into two halves.

#167 Jack Spang

Jack Spang

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

I don't mind reading about action spoilers, it's the dialogue and bizarre moments of the Bond films that I look forward to.

Oh man, 15 to 20 minutes is so looooong for an action scene!

Edited by Jack Spang, 27 March 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#168 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

It is quite long. I hope it is not like the airport and tanker sequence in CR. I liked the concept of it, but thought that it was noticeably drawn out.

#169 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Just found this photo of the marble quarries at Carrara in the Apuan Alps. :tup:

Posted Image

Looks like an incredible location for a car chase.

#170 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

Wow. That would be something spectacular.

#171 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

The action unit have some great terrain in Carrara, here is another photo, this one is of one of the viaducts there.

Posted Image

#172 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Indeed! :tup: :tup: :(
As far as I understand, Mark Forster plans to use a cable cam in Carrara too (it would be the reason why it'll be forbidden to fly over the set, because of the cables and presumably cranes).

Here's a pic of the Fantiscritti marble quarry:
Posted Image

EDIT: the picture seems to disappear?? here's a direct link if you can't see it above:
http://k41.pbase.com...j.mImg_1060.jpg

#173 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

Just found this photo of the marble quarries at Carrara in the Apuan Alps. :tup:

Posted Image

"Ooooh" pretty much sums it up for me.

Looks fantastic. :tup:

#174 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

Just found this couple of news:

[box]DANIEL CRAIG SUL SET A MALCESINE!!
(inserito il: 25/03/2008, categoria: JBWI news)

Fonti non ufficiali ci hanno comunicato questa mattina che Daniel Craig, James Bond, sar

#175 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

Just found this photo of the marble quarries at Carrara in the Apuan Alps. :(

Posted Image

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :tup:

QUANTUM OF SOLACE has got a pretty phenomenal selection of locations. With Forster's visual sensibilities and Gassner's production design, this film is going to be gorgeous.

#176 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:13 PM

Just found this photo of the marble quarries at Carrara in the Apuan Alps. :D

Posted Image

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :tup:

QUANTUM OF SOLACE has got a pretty phenomenal selection of locations. With Forster's visual sensibilities and Gassner's production design, this film is going to be gorgeous.

Holy [censored] :(

With Forster behind the wheel, that'll look even more fantastic. :)

Edited by Qwerty, 28 March 2008 - 04:32 AM.

#177 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:32 AM

Please watch the auto-censor, Mr. Blofeld.

#178 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

Please watch the auto-censor, Mr. Blofeld.

Sorry. :tup:

#179 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

According to this text published on a local website (about Tremosine, a location next to Lake Garda), the chase there will involved Bond's Aston Martin and a Ford GT40.
http://www.malcesine...ond/default.asp

:tup:

According to Wikipedia, it's a quite ancient car that was produced from 1965 to 1968. Maybe they meant the contemporary Ford GT?

#180 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

According to this text published on a local website (about Tremosine, a location next to Lake Garda), the chase there will involved Bond's Aston Martin and a Ford GT40.
http://www.malcesine...ond/default.asp

:tup:

According to Wikipedia, it's a quite ancient car that was produced from 1965 to 1968. Maybe they meant the contemporary Ford GT?

Dan Bradley said before production started that he would be using Ford GT40s in QoS.

Here's a link to the thread discussing it from September last year:-

http://debrief.comma...p...2623&hl=dan