154 replies to this topic

#151 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

Well how do we know? Maybe Bond's cover in Madagascar was as a tourist named Daniel :tup:

Actually, the draft script had him posing as a fashion buyer named Sandy Bizet! Admittedly, for someone supposedly in the fashion industry, Bond made an odd choice of shirt to wear.

I noticed in the scene with Mr.White and Obanno, before Le Chiffre arrives, there are some strange edits, they must have filmed and cut out the script dialogue about the Lords Resistance Army.

I don't think too much was cut out in that scene. Just a few pointless comments by Obanno about Mr White's helicopter.

#152 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

The only clunky edit I’ve noticed is when Bond and Vesper are first greeted by Mathis. A pretty obvious one, that. So obvious that it’s surely been mentioned a dozen times here already, so I’ll just shut up now.

#153 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

Here's one but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

When Vesper says "If all that was left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I know", could she be referring to her boyfriend who she might feel was responsible for putting her through all this (ie the betrayal and having to hide it from Bond)?

#154 gibraltarmonkey

gibraltarmonkey

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Mathis greeting himself as Mathis....Rennee Mathis
Could this be where bond learns to say
Bond...James Bond

Oh and that mole on Vesper!!!!

#155 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

Here's one but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

When Vesper says "If all that was left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I know", could she be referring to her boyfriend who she might feel was responsible for putting her through all this (ie the betrayal and having to hide it from Bond)?

Yes, she's referring to her boyfriend and all the rest - White, Le Chiffre. It's also obvious that, like Solange, she has found herself in the company of bad men her entire life.