This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Critics said and are saying too often...

99 replies to this topic

#91 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 08:35 PM

I can finally spread my Hugh Jackman propaganda and not get yelled at for it! Long live Hugh Jackman!!

#92 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 08:54 PM

Yes, and I hope BP has gone for good, anybody agree? Now we can live like we did before, a happy, loving forum, where we only have the occassional debate, not a ful blown fight.

#93 Rod Slater

Rod Slater

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:06 PM

I like Roger Moore as Bond but to go back to the original debate, I think Roger is indeed not physically enough...in comparison of Connery of Dalton i mean. No muscles, and yes, a wimp. just have a look at his legs! but his oneliners were the best!

#94 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 24 August 2002 - 01:57 AM

That means I can, once again, venture into the Timothy Dalton forum to find a more balanced view of things in the TLD/LTK Bond world?

Hmm.......I'll go there right now then,
:)

#95 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 12:06 AM

Come to think of it, the only reason I've been visiting the Dalton forums lately is to read the latest "fight" between BondPurist and someone else, oh well, I'm sure I'll have a reason to go there.

#96 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 03:36 PM

Bondpurist is gone? Oh, no, now I'm going to have to get a life! No more waiting for his inevitable responses...no more Bondpurist? Life suddenly got a lot less interesting...but I am sure we all will get by.

#97 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:02 AM

Well I am in the middle with Roger. I think Moore's Bond is more of a product of his times than anything else. The kind of Bond he playes was right for the times. He kept the series going in a time of extreme venurability. Actually I take that back, not only did he keep it going he also gave some the series most successful (while IMO no the best) Bond entires out there. While Moore can be less, he kept the series alive in a time of certain death, and for that I think we should tip our hat to Mr. Moore.

#98 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:13 AM

Originally posted by Lady Sinclair
...Roger Moore was not strong enough, too wimpy, too homorous, to old and he can't act. What's your reaction?

thats ok.. because whats more important in the Paying Public!! The fans loved Roger's 007 Movies..

Alfred Hitchcock wasn't a Critic Darling.. but he made movies for his fans!! The Paying Public loved him.. and NOW looking back is there any Movie really better then a Alfred Movie in the 1940's 1950's & 1960's?? NOPE :)

I respect more what the public likes.. not critics! hey I might agree with a critic.. cool, but they are not the Be all ..End all :)

Roger was a great actor and the only bond to show allot of Range in his acting within each movie :cool:

#99 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:33 AM

I admit I didn't like the idea of Moore as Bond, but the more films he did the more I liked him in the role. It wasn't until FYEO that I finally totally accepted him. After that there was no turning back. Although a different style ,RM was as much Bond to me as SC was.

#100 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:27 AM

Originally posted by David Somerset
I admit I didn't like the idea of Moore as Bond, but the more films he did the more I liked him in the role. It wasn't until FYEO that I finally totally accepted him. After that there was no turning back. Although a different style ,RM was as much Bond to me as SC was.

I agree.. I personally embrace Sean's Era as much a Roger's.. You can't have one without the other... I personally think all of Roger's movies are better then seans.. sean had some nice ones in the begining.. but his later career as bond fell a little short.. BUT I do love his Era's Tone!

I think though the more years that pass.. I really enjoy from Sean's Era through Timothy..

But the Heart of the series is clearly Roger's :)

In my Eyes:cool: