2238 replies to this topic

#2191 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

Granted...but his Bond books find a very meager audience and his contract is terminated after two novels.

I wish that Helen McCrory's "Clare Dowar" would make a return in SPECTRE..

#2192 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Granted, she plays Bond's long-lost sister who is killed in SPECTRE's finale, leading to another this time it's personal story for Bond 25.

I wish for an iconic stunt in SPECTRE.

#2193 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

Granted. Bond - with a pogo stick up his backside - jumps off the Eiffel Tower. Good news Octopussy fans. The Tarzan yell is back! Bond then pogos all the way to Rome.

I wish that AMC Hornet is the prop master on that film. (Guess what he has to clean?)

#2194 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

I wish for tighter security at EON and for fewer spoilers to make their way to us between now and premiere day next year.

Famous last words!

#2195 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

I wish for an iconic stunt in SPECTRE.

Granted. Bond - with a pogo stick up his backside - jumps off the Eiffel Tower. Good news Octopussy fans. The Tarzan yell is back! Bond then pogos all the way to Rome.

I wish that AMC Hornet's 20 November wish that there be no leaks comes true! That's right, at no point in this film's production or pre-production do any leaks come out! :D

I wish for tighter security at EON and for fewer spoilers to make their way to us between now and premiere day next year.

#2196 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

This wish cannot be granted as we're now at March 4th and the spoiler-ish pics of filming are coming fast and furious...never mind the Sony hacker leak of the early script draft notes.. :D

Right then...

I wish that we would get an official EON released pic of Christoph Waltz as Franz Oberhauser soon!

#2197 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

Granted, but then he is immediately fired from production for making inappropriate advances towards Lea Seydoux. (Then again, would you really blame the guy? I mean, he's only human....)

I wish for Bond to get to Australia in Bond 26.

#2198 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Granted, but he's referred to as 'Kangaroo Jack' Bond throughout. Paul Hogan plays 'Crocodile' Leiter.

I wish for Spectre to be the Bond I've been waiting for since DAD (ie: NO MORE character arc, no more personal angst - just an out-and-out MISSSION for a change!).

#2199 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

Granted... EON fool everyone by producting a film which is totally not what we were expecting. In it, Bond is assigned the task of assassinating his next door neighbor.. He does...END OF FILM! :P

I wish that Bond could make a return to Las Vegas in Bond 25!

#2200 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

(Me too!)

Granted, but he loses his Aston Martin in a high-stakes game of pinochle, has to conduct his thrilling chase on a rented scooter and ends up taking the bus back to L.A.

I wish I could swing a free weekend in Reno or Laughlin this summer.

#2201 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Granted, but then your car breaks down and you have spend several thousand dollars to get home.

I wish to one day see Sophie Turner as a Bond girl.

#2202 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

Granted - through the miracle of CGI, she and Craig have the steamiest love seen ever in a Bond film, he proposes to her, and she even sings the theme song, 'Last of the Red-hot Mamas.'

Oh, Sophie Turner. I thought you wanted Sophie Tucker.

Sorry.

I wish for my fiance to have the wedding she wants this summer (while still including me, smart alecs!).

#2203 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

Granted, you are the ring bearer for her marriage to her favorite movie star. (You said including you, not to you) ;)

I wish for the Basque Language to appear in the next Bond film.

#2204 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Granted...but somewhere along the line, the person responsible for the English subtitle translation of the Basque dialogue makes a huge error like the person who translated some of the Japanese in YOLT (the lines about "One of your friends has died!" "Dave!" WTF is this??? It's always irritated me..)

I wish that SPECTRE turns out to be such an awesome film that even the most nit-picky complainers are forever silenced!

#2205 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Granted. The film stars Wayne's World Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. Everybody else has a stroke on opening night.

I wish The Dove had actually granted my request with a proper witty response http://debrief.comma...74#entry1300603

#2206 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

Granted, but then you grant his next wish with an unwitty response.

I wish I had a toilet seat made out of solid gold.

#2207 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

Granted, but your toilet paper is also made out of gold... and it hurts...

I wish my PS3 would hold out for a month or two more (it's having issues...)

#2208 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Granted it stays functional for another two months, but it is stolen by someone who breaks into your house..

I wish that the rumored March 28th debut of the first SPECTRE teaser does indeed turn out to be true!

#2209 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Granted - but like all the 'previews' you find on YouTube, it is composed of clips and lines from the last three films and contains nothing new. We aficionados are insulted and casual film-goers are confused when none of the material appears in SPECTRE.

Not that the casual film-goer would remember what they saw in March.

I wish for the Lotus Esprit to appear in SPECTRE along with the Aston Martin DB5, and hey, throw in a 71 Boss mustang, Alpha Romeo and -dare I say it - an AMC Hornet as well. Film the scene in the Bond in Motion exhibit!

#2210 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Granted...but due to a scheduling mix-up, the Bond in Motion exhibit has to share it's stage with Dr. Von Hagen's Body Worlds exhibit and thusly all the corpses are strewn about the stage. Some are in the driver seats of the cars, some are positioned underneath the wheels and such, but most interestingly, one of the corpses happens to be of a certain Alex Dimitrios. Apparently after Bond stabs him at the Miami exhibition in CR, Dr. Von Hagen came along and decided that Dimitrios was perfect fresh meat for his project! :D

I wish that we will hear a MINIMAL amount of non-Bond fanatics and news reports miss-pronounce SPECTRE as (Speck-trey)!

#2211 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

Granted: They all pronounce it Spak-ter instead, and assume it's the next Star Track movie.

(BTW, Milos, I like the idea of the Body Worlds cadavers posed with the cars! It's kind of like what Calvin enjoyed doing with snowmen!)

I wish for the SPECTRE soundtrack to be a real throwback to the 60s/70s Barry style, including releasing about a dozen tracks first, then following up with an 'expanded' score featuring all the cues.

#2212 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

Granted. The score consists entirely of outtakes from "Born Free" and "The Dove". Sure you still want an expanded score? :D

I wish the next 8 months would pass in 8 seconds. I'm practically bursting at the seams struggling not to reveal how the car stunt comes to pass over in the Italy filming thread. (Yeah, I know, no spoilers. Sigh.)

I wish for my fiance to have the wedding she wants this summer (while still including me, smart alecs!).

Belated congratulations!

#2213 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

Granted: They all pronounce it Spak-ter instead, and assume it's the next Star Track movie.

(BTW, Milos, I like the idea of the Body Worlds cadavers posed with the cars! It's kind of like what Calvin enjoyed doing with snowmen!)

I wish for the SPECTRE soundtrack to be a real throwback to the 60s/70s Barry style, including releasing about a dozen tracks first, then following up with an 'expanded' score featuring all the cues.

Granted. The score consists entirely of outtakes from "Born Free" and "The Dove". Sure you still want an expanded score? :D

I wish the next 8 months would pass in 8 seconds. I'm practically bursting at the seams struggling not to reveal how the car stunt comes to pass over in the Italy filming thread. (Yeah, I know, no spoilers. Sigh.)

Belated congratulations!

1. AMC's wish: Turns out the Spectre score is a throwback to the 2012 Newman style. Is that close enough? (And do you still want the expanded score?)

2. Glidrose's wish: Never mind the next eight months - the next ten months have gone by so fast that everybody forget about this thread!

I wish... that somebody responds to my wish without letting another ten months elapse.

#2214 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

Granted...I respond to your wish glidrose....but then ultimately the momentum grinds to a halt again for 20 months..

I wish that Donald Trump could play the villain in Bond 25... :P

#2215 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

Granted:- but he kills James Bond at the end

I wish I could be in a Bond movie

#2216 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

Granted: you're credited in the middle of the end crawl as the hand holding the gun when Bond turns and shoots in the trademark opening sequence, but they misspell your name.

I wish Mike Myers had never come up with 'Goldmember' so we wouldn't be comparing Blohauser to Dougie 'Evil' Powers.

#2217 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

Granted but instead he created James Bong, a useless agent in a tuxedo who everyone compares with Bond.

I wish I was a famous singer

#2218 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Granted: you were Richie Valens. RIP.

I wish popular culture in the 80s had been more like the late 60s, as portrayed in The Persuaders. I feel I missed out on the era I should have grown up in.

#2219 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

Granted.

The good news is that everybody in the 80s wears bell bottom pants and has mutton chop sideburns - especially the girls.

MTV plays Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips".

The only available drink is Tang.

And for movies? You've got your fill of Eegah (1962), The Creeping Terror (1964), The Horror of Party Beach (1964), Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964), Monster a Go-Go! (1965), Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966).

The bad news?

The Vietnam war still rages. You get drafted. The movie "Johnny Got His Gun" is your life story. Good news, tho', Jane Fonda berates you on live tv.

And 'cos you are blind you won't notice how hideous your home décor is. Scalloped green and gold carpeting... yeah, baby! And let's not forget your avocado green rotary dial telephone with a two mile long cord in case you need to go into another room for privacy.

But hey, at least you get to smoke everywhere! Even the medical staff who care for you in the hospital will be smoking morning noon and night. Shame they keep using your chest for an ashtray.

I wish...

#2220 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

...I wish it had not taken me three weeks to think of a wish.