I'm guessing Andrew read the script.

#62 Forever007

Forever007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

Here's a better picture of the Craig gunbarrel...

#63 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

I'm guessing Andrew read the script.

Nope,although I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to spare an extra copy :tup:

Edited by Andrew, 08 May 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#64 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

I like the new shot a lot! Only, they'll have to dump the bathroom in the background in the future Craig Bond pics. Wouldn't due to have his barrel shot with a loo in the background. :tup:

It will be great though - if it's integrated into the film, then future barrel sequences will make you think back to the first Craig pic. In other words, the sequence will now have real context. I like that idea loads!

Regards.

#65 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:19 AM

Will we just see a gunbarrel or will the two dots precede it? Since the gunbarrel is integrated into the plot, then wouldn't the two dots seem a bit random?

#66 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:28 AM

Watch the trailer.

Spoiler

Personally I think they should do the dots at the beginning simply by themselves then fading into the opening shot. The gunbarrel, once Bond has unofficially earned his 00 rank, then completes this.

That's my idea as opposed to just fading it, though it's no big deal to me. I like the idea anyway.

Edited by Leon, 09 May 2006 - 12:30 AM.

#67 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:00 AM

That's my idea as opposed to just fading it, though it's no big deal to me. I like the idea anyway.

I wonder what the crowd reaction will be to no gunbarrel? I'm eager to find out.

#68 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:13 AM

Here's a better picture of the Craig gunbarrel...

Looks quite good.

#69 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

I wonder what the crowd reaction will be to no gunbarrel? I'm eager to find out.

same here - i bet the audience wont expect it just like that awful CG bullet on DAD :tup:

#70 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Perfect pose for the gunbarrel, I really hope the stuff about the Bond theme isn't true. My life won't be ruined if it is, but it would be real odd to watch a Bond movie without the Bond theme until the end.

#71 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

Perfect pose for the gunbarrel, I really hope the stuff about the Bond theme isn't true. My life won't be ruined if it is, but it would be real odd to watch a Bond movie without the Bond theme until the end.

Arnolds doing the music - trust me the bond theme will be used more than once :tup:

#72 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:03 AM

Since the James Bond theme for the trailer was created by the trailer company and not Arnold, I would assume that the trailer gunbarrel graphics was created by them and not Klienman. So, probably this gunbarrel is not the one that we will see in the final film.

#73 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:12 AM

Since the James Bond theme for the trailer was created by the trailer company and not Arnold, I would assume that the trailer gunbarrel graphics was created by them and not Klienman. So, probably this gunbarrel is not the one that we will see in the final film.

I don't think the two would be mutual. Klienman could be working on the titles already for all we know. Perhaps these titles don't require the song to work.

#74 pat006

pat006

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:29 AM

or they sould repeat the gunbarrel twice, as in the FRWL videogame.

hi nick!!!this is my first post!!! I have never played frwl but I would think that two gunbarrels would be one to many!!
I really like the new gunbarrel and I love the idea of using it in the story ,but it will remain abstract when it blends with the kleinman title sequence,I hope!
though it looks odd that the gunbarrels take place in a bathroom!!

#75 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

though it looks odd that the gunbarrels take place in a bathroom!!

That's just where Bond happens to be when he completes one of his kills. Btw, welcome to the board :tup:

#76 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:32 AM

but it will remain abstract when it blends with the kleinman title sequence,I hope!

I can't wait to see some developments on the title sequence.

Welcome to the CommanderBond.net Forums! :tup:

#77 pat006

pat006

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:39 AM

Yeah, but even the Broz version doesn't show the lands and grooves. Just looks like spiral lines. I posted a pic of a shot I took through a real barrel on an old post (last year?) somewhere on the site. Pause the DR No barrel and you can see what I mean. I'm not crazy about the other unused barrel either. Looks too CGI and nothing like the original plate of a real barrel. Oh, well. Can't have everything I guess.

found it. The barrel in the pic has 6 lands and grooves, whereas Binders has 5.

great photo of a real gunbarrel!!! though it looks just like the kleinman metal grey/no lands try out.
I agree there's nothing like the real photo binder shot, why go digital???

#78 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:45 AM

I don't think they went completely digital. I think Klienman took Binder's shot and touched it up a bit with CGI, that's all.

#79 pat006

pat006

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:49 AM

but it will remain abstract when it blends with the kleinman title sequence,I hope!

I can't wait to see some developments on the title sequence.

Welcome to the CommanderBond.net Forums! :tup:

thanks a bunch!!!! by the way this is the first forum I've ever been in!!!
and I'm loving it!!!
I wanna see the kind of titles kleinman designed in GE or TND and with the binder device of using the bond sillouette like the moore era or OHMSS

#80 o07hmss

o07hmss

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

A Bond film cannot begin without the dots. It would be very stupid if CR just begins after the MGM lion. So for now the dots are the only way to open the film. Not with a big bang, but very easy an quiet. Very mysterious. Then the dot opens on and reveals us an abandoned place, in black and white. Remember FRWL. There's a man doing it's duty. Nothing more, nothing less. There's not much to say. This man is a spy. He does what he has to do and it all ends in the bathroom. Where we finally get the context of the so beloved gunbarrel.

Now there's the big bang. The black and white image turns into color because of the blood and the main titles start to run.

After the titles we figure out what this (short) pre title sequence meant: Bond got his 00-status by doing two hits. His first adventure as a double-0 has begun...

#81 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

A Bond film cannot begin without the dots.

Never Say Never Again didnt have any dots :tup:

It would be very stupid if CR just begins after the MGM lion.

Why? The same reason Craig is getting bashed is the same reason people are saying things like the above. The gunbarrel is not going to open the movie, accept that, it's not the end of the world.

#82 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

A Bond film cannot begin without the dots. It would be very stupid if CR just begins after the MGM lion. So for now the dots are the only way to open the film. Not with a big bang, but very easy an quiet. Very mysterious. Then the dot opens on and reveals us an abandoned place, in black and white. Remember FRWL. There's a man doing it's duty. Nothing more, nothing less. There's not much to say. This man is a spy. He does what he has to do and it all ends in the bathroom. Where we finally get the context of the so beloved gunbarrel.

Now there's the big bang. The black and white image turns into color because of the blood and the main titles start to run.

After the titles we figure out what this (short) pre title sequence meant: Bond got his 00-status by doing two hits. His first adventure as a double-0 has begun...

I kind of like this idea of starting with the dots even though the gunbarrel comes at the end of the PTS... Very interesting...

#83 o07hmss

o07hmss

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

A Bond film cannot begin without the dots.

Never Say Never Again didnt have any dots :tup:

As I said - a Bond film...

It would be very stupid if CR just begins after the MGM lion.

Why? The same reason Craig is getting bashed is the same reason people are saying things like the above. The gunbarrel is not going to open the movie, accept that, it's not the end of the world.

I did not say anything about the gunbarrel, I was talking about the dots, the 'spotlight' if you like. It gives you the feeling you're going to watch a Bond film. And that's a very special kind of feeling. CR is not just a film. It's a Bond film. And it has to open with that feeling.

I saw the teaser in the theater last sunday, before watching 'The DaVinci Code'. Of course I already saw it om the internet. Though this time I cannot describe how special the feeling was when the gunbarrel appeared. I was stunned. But there was also a bad feeling about all this. In november I'll going to see this film with lots of other people. People who like Bond, but just see it as entertainment. Actually I want to absorb CR when I see it for the first time. Maybe it sounds pathetic but it makes me emotional. Caused by the dots and the gunbarrel. ...Sometimes life is that simple.

#84 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

I took a screenshot from the trailer of the new 007's gunbarrel.

http://i16.photobuck...CRgunbarrel.jpg

Personally I think it's really good, great stance, love the fact he is wearing a dark suit with no tie instead of a tux (which I think looks a bit camp in the gunbarrel). It is a little duller and darker looking than the last 4, but still with the same style of digital shimmer, which was exactly what I wanted.

It's like a more old school gunbarrel with a contemporary edge.
Bond looks like he's actually going for it as opposed to some previous gunbarrel shots which looked rather lacklustre. There's a more Bob Simmons style urgency about it.

Comparisons can be made from here too:

http://www.vegards00...The_Gun_Barrel/

Like with all the prior trailers (from DOCTOR NO and beyond...), the gunbarrel introduces BOND and then the balance of the scenes.

I doubt that that is the official gunbarrel and they usually do more than one take with the new guy to see what is the best one. In talking to Pierce, he did a second one because he felt too stiff in his first take and knew it would be part of history. Dalton did two takes, as well.

Maurice Binder showed me the four with Roger Moore (hat and no hat on), including one in which he dropped his pants. Most amusing.

#85 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

Like with all the prior trailers (from DOCTOR NO and beyond...), the gunbarrel introduces BOND and then the balance of the scenes.

I doubt that that is the official gunbarrel and they usually do more than one take with the new guy to see what is the best one. In talking to Pierce, he did a second one because he felt too stiff in his first take and knew it would be part of history. Dalton did two takes, as well.

Maurice Binder showed me the four with Roger Moore (hat and no hat on), including one in which he dropped his pants. Most amusing.

The first Dalton was like Simmons. A short jump and the turn mid-air. I have a copy of it somewhere. It's interesting, but rather ridiculous looking.

I'd like to see the alternate Moore ones, specifically the one where he drops his pants the one with the hat.

#86 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

The first Dalton was like Simmons. A short jump and the turn mid-air. I have a copy of it somewhere. It's interesting, but rather ridiculous looking.

I'd like to see the alternate Moore ones, specifically the one where he drops his pants.

Yes, that first Dalton one is a bit silly. I always called it the Rudolf Nureyev shot because of his ballet-like leap into the air. That gun-barrel is on the rough-cut of THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, and the still of it was on the cover of Starlog magazine.

Unfortunately, the Moore shots are still in the posession of his daughter (along with Binder's alternate main titles to SPY and GOLDEN GUN, among several other rarities). They may surface.....someday.

Edited by FLEMINGFAN, 24 May 2006 - 10:43 PM.

#87 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:28 PM

http://www.vegards00...The_Gun_Barrel/ = Craigs Gunbarrel stance in the teaser looks great, each Bond has something different - Brosnan's was the weakest - stand and point = boring.

#88 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:33 PM

Arnolds doing the music - trust me the bond theme will be used more than once :tup:

Good point. :D Anyway, jimmybond has an excellent point about the gunbarrel not being at the beginning, it's not happening so stop worrying about it. I'm confident that the producers know what they're doing and will make it work. As for the white dots, seeing them silently move across the screen and then opening into the pts would be cool, but it's something we could live without. Keep in mind, all of this is only for one film and it's all necessary to set up the character of Daniel Craig's James Bond. And if you ask me, the film just may be stronger without those white dots, because imo, those dots should only be accompanied by a gunbarrel shot right after them, and having them without one could come across as a forced shot just for publicity.

#89 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:51 AM

I think it's a bold move. People sitting in theaters ready to watch a Bond film, the MGM Lion shows up (and then the Columbia logo), then people all go to themselves "Well, that's it, time for the familiar gunbarrel" Thinking they know what's coming next. All of a sudden the film fades in..."Wait?!: Where's the gunbarrel they shout, then all of a sudden the film is in black and white.

Two instances (one right on top of another) that will very quickly let audiences know they are not watching "just another Bond film."

#90 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

I think it's a bold move. People sitting in theaters ready to watch a Bond film, the MGM Lion shows up (and then the Columbia logo), then people all go to themselves "Well, that's it, time for the familiar gunbarrel" Thinking they know what's coming next. All of a sudden the film fades in..."Wait?!: Where's the gunbarrel they shout, then all of a sudden the film is in black and white.

Two instances (one right on top of another) that will very quickly let audiences know they are not watching "just another Bond film."

I think it will work, and look really cool.