3181 replies to this topic

#241 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

I think McNabb in Detroit would be like him playing for the Saints-not good. And yeah, I had Orton as the steal of the draft last year, and he is doing very well w/ Chicago. Oh, Saints news-2006 Home schedule will be divided up b/t Baton Rouge and possibly San Antonio, but there will be football in New Orleans!!!!!

#242 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

[quote name='hcmv007' date='7 December 2005 - 11:33']It seems with the Eagles latest loss, the Philadelphia press, or I should say some of the press is bashing Donovan McNabb.

#243 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

I corrected myself and said some of the Philly Press. Not all. But some. I just lashed out when I heard about it, b/c I thought it was unfair.

#244 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

SD lost to friggin Miami. :D

But...Dallas beat KC.. :D

I'll be going to Indy next week to see the Colts-Chargers...I only wish SD was 9-4 and not 8-5. Go Chargers! :tup:

#245 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

Jeez, Louise... Eli Manning is terrible. Certainly was an exciting game, and that's more than welcome considering the last few games.

#246 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

Jeez, Louise... Eli Manning is terrible. 

View Post

Glad to hear it. :tup:

#247 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:22 PM

Man you think Eli was terrible Johnboy, look at how awful Kyle Boller was in Denver's narrow victory over the Ravens yesterday.. We played bad enough to lose and yet Boller's fumbles and interceptions handed us the win. Tarl, I did warn you about taking Miami for granted!! lol.. thats too bad for your Chargers. At least KC also lost in an exciting game to Dallas.. Hope you have fun in Indy at the Colts/ Chargers game next week, Tarl! Who knows? San Diego might be the team to stop Indy's unbeaten streak at 13-0.. it happened to my Broncos in '98 who lost to the Giants after 13 straight wins..

#248 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:35 PM

Man you think Eli was terrible Johnboy, look at how awful Kyle Boller was in Denver's narrow victory over the Ravens yesterday.. We played bad enough to lose and yet Boller's fumbles and interceptions handed us the win. Tarl, I did warn you about taking Miami for granted!! lol.. thats too bad for your Chargers. At least KC also lost in an exciting game to Dallas.. Hope you have fun in Indy at the Colts/ Chargers game next week, Tarl! Who knows? San Diego might be the team to stop Indy's unbeaten streak at 13-0.. it happened to my Broncos in '98 who lost to the Giants after 13 straight wins..

View Post

Yeah those pesky dolphins beat up the chargers pretty good. That's the first loss that they truly deserved. *sigh* George Carlan said he doesn't follow sports because he didn't "want his personal happiness dictated by 25 men he doesn't know". Maybe he's onto something. :tup: :D

#249 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:30 PM

Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington and Aaron Brooks do NOT belong in the NFL. Stoill, it was an exciting weekend, espiecially the Cowboys-Chiefs!!! The Aints just keep on losing, but sadly I think Haslett is still the coach next season, who really wants to coach a team that has no home at the moment? Hopefully he will resign.

#250 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:06 PM

They should go play in Canada or Arena ball...SD will accept a #1 and #2 pick for Philip Rivers. :tup:

#251 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:16 PM

I think the Saints still have a shot at leinert. The Texans, 49ers, they already have a QB. If the Saints go for a free agent, there's David Garrard of Jacksonville. They could trade for Rivers, but also for Atlanta QB Matt Shaub. I don't see the Saints giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick for a guy who hasn't taken a snap-wait, this is the franchise that gave up all of it's draft for Ricky Williams. Tarl, the Saints accept your offer! :tup:

#252 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

The Texans have a QB who gets sacked every 4 snaps...I'd say it's time for a change...I reckon Vince Young will be a Texan...SF has a QB, true...Smith and Bush were team mates in Highschool...kinda cool if they played together in the pros. I think Matt Lienart will go to the Jets so a Rivers deal is very possible. :tup:

#253 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Ugh. Make it end.

#254 Dalton's Wendy

Dalton's Wendy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

They should go play in Canada or Arena ball...SD will accept a #1 and #2 pick for Philip Rivers. :D

View Post

Ah! no nasty remarks about Canada, now, Tarl_Cabot!

Otherwise I won't give you my tickets to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play in the finals of next year's Stanley Cup! :tup:

#255 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

They should go play in Canada or Arena ball...SD will accept a #1 and #2 pick for Philip Rivers. :D

View Post

Ah! no nasty remarks about Canada, now, Tarl_Cabot!

Otherwise I won't give you my tickets to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play in the finals of next year's Stanley Cup! :tup:

View Post

I've got nothing against Canada or the CFL but I'm sure those QBs would do better there. :D

#256 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

I think the Saints still have a shot at leinert.  The Texans, 49ers, they already have a QB.  If the Saints go for a free agent, there's David Garrard of Jacksonville.  They could trade for Rivers, but also for Atlanta QB Matt Shaub.  I don't see the Saints giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick for a guy who hasn't taken a snap-wait, this is the franchise that gave up all of it's draft for Ricky Williams.  Tarl, the Saints accept your offer!  :D

View Post

The Texans have a QB who gets sacked every 4 snaps...I'd say it's time for a change...I reckon Vince Young will be a Texan...SF has a QB, true...Smith and Bush were team mates in Highschool...kinda cool if they played together in the pros. I think Matt Lienart will go to the Jets so a Rivers deal is very possible. :tup:

View Post

Oh, I also forgot, the Saints gave up 2 first round picks for Jonathan 'driven back 10 yds after every snap' Sullivan, at least the Cards did not draft any great players off our picks. Tarl, you might be right w/ Houston, but they have too much invested in Carr-he needs an O-line. I have agreed w/ tdalton as far as the Jets taking Leinert, they have too much money in Pennington and could not sign ML. The 49ers have Alex Smith, who is a BUST!!! The Saints will take Leinert, and I predict the new coach of the Saints to be Wade Phillips. Heck, he is undefeated as coach of the Saints (2-0 in 1985) and did well in Buffalo for a few seasons.

How about this folks? Oakland fires Norv Turner, and well they should. Who do they replace him with? That's right, Pete Carroll. You read it here first.

#257 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

"The 49ers have Alex Smith, who is a BUST!!!"

Ah Comon, he's just a rookie;Eli Manning was horrible last year and he's coming up this year big time. Granted he's having an unusually poor season for a #1 overall pick(no TD passes yet)but he's on a very bad team. He's also just barely 21 years old. I think he should have stayed in school another year but to his credit he did graduate early. I think he'll be ok when he gets help, especially if it's Regge Bush. :tup:

#258 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

The Alex Smith Bust equation:

Small hands + gimmick College offense + turn overs + inherent lack of confidence + no arm strength = BUST

I was never sold on him as the top QB in last year's draft. None of them really stood out, except for Orton and Frye, in my book.

Edited by hcmv007, 16 December 2005 - 05:51 PM.

#259 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

The Alex Smith Bust equation:

Small hands + gimmick College offense + turn overs + inherent lack of confidence = BUST

I was never sold on him as the top QB in last year's draft.  None of them really stood out, except for Orton and Frye, in my book.

View Post

I agree with that to some extent. Matt Lienart would have been a 49er if he entered the draft last year.Maybe they should have traded down and taken Aaron Rogers and added more picks to build up the O line.

What I like about him is he did finish school in 2 years with an economics degree. He's smart. But...he was not ready to be starter in NFL at 21(20 on Draft day). He has "small hands"? at 6'4? I hear that about massive Daunte Culpepper too...he fumbles alot.I thought they evaluated Smith and decided he was the best QB available. :tup: :D

#260 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, they did. But Smith dropping the ball, etc may have to do with coaching more than anything, I'll buy into that.

Speaking of Culpepper-I bet he did a lot of dropping in that boat party! Heyo!

On that note-it's off to take my last final.

I don't know when I will be able to get back here, so please read the last line of my sig, that is to all the fine folks, and of course babes here on CBN!

#261 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

Good luck on your final. I'll report back on Monday after....I go to Indy this sunday to see SAN DIEGO Beat the Colts and end their perfect SEASON!! :tup: :D

:D

#262 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:55 PM

As far as the Jets taking Matt Leinart, it will never happen. If they can't land Reggie Bush, which from all indications is the player that they really want now that Curtis Martin's career is at its end, then they'll probably draft D'Brickshaw Ferguson to help shore up their awful offensive line. Now, if both of those players are taken before the Jets pick, then they'll probably trade down to get multiple first round picks. Then again, there's always the possibility of the John Abraham + draft picks trade that fans are starting to push for to gain two high first round picks.

#263 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hope you enjoyed being at the Colts/Chargers game yesterday, Tarl!! :tup:

#264 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:30 PM

Hope you enjoyed being at the Colts/Chargers game yesterday, Tarl!!  :tup:

View Post

Yes it was amazing. The Indy fans were very nice...I expected some abuse but it wasn't nearly as hostile as it could have been(Denver, Oakland would be scary). And there alot of Charger fans there too. :D

#265 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

Yahoo. We lost...again.

#266 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:37 AM

Ryan Moats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#267 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:43 AM

So it appears there are two types of Chicago Bears teams: one with a defense, and one with a defense AND an offense.

Frankly, I don't recall seeing the kind of emotional energy sparked by the emergence of a player like that before. I'd been calling for it, along with what had to be the vast majority of Chicago, and was thrilled to see it. Joe Theismann was laughable with his "I don't agree with this decision." and as the game went on you could hear him trying to smooth out his ignorance. I can't believe he went to Notre Dame....

#268 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

Thats exactly what my dad said when Theismann made those comments the other night, Donovan! lol :D

Sorry about your Bills Qwerty.. There'll be better times ahead for them... just look at the Bengals.. They did play their hearts out against Denver and even had the lead on them up till late in the second quarter!.. It was a much more competitive game than last nights schlacking of the Packers by the Ravens 48-3!!! :tup:

#269 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:42 PM

Sorry about your Bills Qwerty.. There'll be better times ahead for them... just look at the Bengals.. They did play their hearts out against Denver and even had the lead on them up till late in the second quarter!.. It was a much more competitive game than last nights schlacking of the Packers by the Ravens 48-3!!!  :tup:

View Post

True, true, Dove. There's always next season to look forward to.

#270 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

So it appears there are two types of Chicago Bears teams: one with a defense, and one with a defense AND an offense.

Frankly, I don't recall seeing the kind of emotional energy sparked by the emergence of a player like that before. I'd been calling for it, along with what had to be the vast majority of Chicago, and was thrilled to see it. Joe Theismann was laughable with his "I don't agree with this decision." and as the game went on you could hear him trying to smooth out his ignorance. I can't believe he went to Notre Dame....

View Post

Rex looked fantastic! Da Bears are back! :tup: