#181 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

Eagles:
No more T.O., five more years with Westbrook.

Can they salvage the season? Probably not.

#182 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

Might as well hand the Super Bowl to the Bengals. :)

At 7-2 everything looks so great! I've waited so long for this! The playoffs look so probable.

#183 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:51 AM

my Chargers are above .500 finally! 5-4 and we geta bye, then buffalo... :)

#184 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:33 PM

Might as well hand the Super Bowl to the Bengals.  :)

At 7-2 everything looks so great!  I've waited so long for this!  The playoffs look so probable.

View Post

While I am happy for your team's success, remeber you have to play Indy at their home field in the AFC title game, well no Manning has ever won a championship in the pros, so you guys still have a shot.

No more TO in Philly, I hope he gets his come uppance!

One more thing to add to Bensongate-in an e-mail he sent to the Commissioner, Tom Benson said he feared for his life and his family's life in Baton Rouge, so he promptly gives his granddaughter (the heir appearant owner once Benson retires) his tickets and parking pass for Sun vs Da Bears. Now remeber, Benson shoved a cameraman and got into a shouting match w/ a fan-HE instigated it, not the fan, and not the reporter (who used to work in BR and is well respected in the state of LA).

Can't wait to watch the Colts-Pats game tonight!!!!!!!!

#185 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

Can't wait to watch the Colts-Pats game tonight!!!!!!!!

View Post

Ditto!!! Clash of the titans right there...

#186 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:10 PM

[quote name='hcmv007' date='7 November 2005 - 09:33'][quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='6 November 2005 - 19:54']Might as well hand the Super Bowl to the Bengals.

#187 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

What a selfish moron that Terrel Owens is!!! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Eagles cut him after the season.. Good luck to him trying to find another team.. They only place I can see him is being signed to an Arena Football League team, or if the XFL was still around, he might have been better there!! Anyways, Broncos had their bye week this week, but next Sunday we go to Oakland to play the Raiders, who got shocked by the Chiefs when they gambled on that last second 4 and goal touchdown.. What a gutsy call by Dick Vermeil!!

I'm rooting for the Pats tonight against the Colts!!

Edited by The Dove, 07 November 2005 - 05:22 PM.

#188 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

I'm rooting for the Pats tonight against the Colts!!

View Post

Me too just because I think if the Pats can be them, so can the Steelers.

#189 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

Yeah and SD needs to play them too so go Pats! :)

#190 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:23 PM

Well what a shock! over on espn.go.com and other major sports sites, the news is spreading that the Eagles have suspended TO for three more games, and will de-activate him for the rest of the year! :) Boy I'll bet the Baltimore Ravens are breathing a sigh of relief that they were fortunate that TO didn't want to play for them and demanded to go to Philly!!

#191 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:25 PM

Yeah and SD needs to play them too so go Pats! :)

View Post

Right on...Chargers could have a shot too.

#192 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

Well what a shock! over on espn.go.com and other major sports sites, the news is spreading that the Eagles have suspended TO for three more games, and will de-activate him for the rest of the year!  :)  Boy I'll bet the Baltimore Ravens are breathing a sigh of relief that they were fortunate that TO didn't want to play for them and demanded to go to Philly!!

View Post

I wouldn't be proud to be a Ravens fan/player this year either. They're still a fairly classless team filled with should be and have been criminals, the addition or T.O. would have made it worse.

It's good to see the Eagles put this behind them, and finally just focus on football.

#193 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

My ode to TO: Na na na! Na na na! Hey! Hey! Hey! GOODBYE! :tup:

Colts got the monkey off of their backs in beating the Pats, but will there be a letdown?! Eh, maybe. They won't run the table, though, that's for sure.

Well, it seems that Wayne Chrebet (Am I spelling that right?) will retire. He was a fun player to watch, and he gave 100% on every play, unlike Randy Moss (remeber that from a while back?). Watching the Jets won't be the same. I herard Bollinger gets the start this weekend, if they don't win this, I don't see them making a post season run.

I see the Saints signed A-Train. They don't need another RB, they need a QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, that's enough! No, I think not!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Big Ben gets better soon!

Edited by hcmv007, 09 November 2005 - 04:32 PM.

#194 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

Well, it seems that Wayne Chrebet (Am I spelling that right?) will retire.  He was a fun player to watch, and he gave 100% on every play, unlike Randy Moss (remeber that from a while back?).  Watching the Jets won't be the same.  I herard Bollinger gets the start this weekend, if they don't win this, I don't see them making a post season run.

I'm going to miss watching Wayne play. He was one of my favorite players, along with Vinny and Curtis Martin. Bollinger looked good in the last game, but the Jets will win, at most, 1 game with him under center. They're just a bad team that will finish with a Top 5 draft pick.

#195 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:35 AM

Anyone else see Randle El pass to Hines Ward?

Ahem....best play all year...

#196 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

WOOOHOOO!! Denver kicked the Raiders butts yesterday 31-17!! :tup: We are now 7 and 2 and plus Kansas City lost yesterday to the Bills!! Our next opponent is the NY Jets at home, and then we have a Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys. I'm hoping the old-school Orange Crush jerseys will be broken out!!

#197 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

plus Kansas City lost yesterday to the Bills!!

View Post

:tup:

#198 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:10 PM

Pats should start a new win streak-they play the Saints. Would have liked to see the Mon Night game-but was too beat up tired too. I am going to go out on a limb here, but I think the Colts will lose, Cincy just has too many weapons, and it is possible to beat the Colts. How bout Vasher's return?! That was sweet, particularly since San Fran lost. Oh, and Mike Vick is STILL the best tailback playing QB. The Packers defense ate him up alive, man that was not pretty. Oh, a TO(sarcastic here) sighting-he was in New Orleans helping some kids wash cars, then yelled at them for not letting him put enough soap on them and not getting him the washcloth. TO stormed off, yelling at the kids' teacher on his way to his limo. Muttered something about not enough money, blah, blah.

#199 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:09 AM

You've got to love it when the team that you're a fan of QUITS in Week 11. The New York Jets quit today. I've never seen such a poorly coached, poorly prepared, and, in general, a bunch of overpaid millionaires who obviously couldn't care less that it's their job to go out there and look like football players. I'm convinced that I could have gone out and picked at random 22 people and gone to Denver with them and given the Broncos more of a game than the Jets did today. And now, we've got the opportunity to be humiliated on national television against the Saints next Sunday night. My prediction for the score: Saints 35 Jets 0. Well, I guess since they've quit on the fans that perhaps maybe the fans will wise up and stay away from that game and the rest of their home games for the season. Just pathetic! I don't mind if a team is bad and they're losing, but when a team just quits and decides that the season is over and the coach is looking at jobs elsewhere instead of focusing on turning the season around, I just find that unacceptable.
J-E-T-S Just End The Season

#200 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:20 PM

Well, I am eating crow about the Bengals. Rats! Hey, tdalton, if the Aints score 35 points, I'll repel down the LA state capitol. The Aints might win, but only if Jupiter lines w/ Mars, Arkansas beats LSU, Houston wins another football game, Gus Frerotte passes for 500 yds, and, well you get the picture. This game looks to be the Matt Leinert bowl, as I see Reggie Bush as the top pick for the Texans next year. J-E-T-S=Just End The Season! :tup: I like that! Now, if only I could do something like that for the Saints. Hmmm...

#201 james st.john smythe

james st.john smythe

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

cornflakes with hot milk and a load of sugar, now thats what i call a super bowl yum yum

#202 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

How 'bout them Broncos!!!?? lol.. 27-0 against the woeful Jets!! Fantastic!! It's Denver's first shut-out since 1997 when they beat the then-Kerry Collins-led Panthers 34-0 at Mile High.. Wow!! What are the Jets gonna do for a quarterback now??!! No Pennington, No Fiedler, No Bollinger, Testaverde's banged up.. Well it looks like it might fall on the arm of Kliff Kingsbury..or I hear there are plenty of QB's waiting in the wings.. i.e. Tim Couch, Kordell Stewart, and how about the Jets consider bringing Quincy Carter back??

#203 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

The Bills.

Oh. My. God.

#204 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:02 PM

The Bills.

Oh. My. God.

View Post

I feel your pain Qwerty.

#205 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:10 PM

How 'bout them Broncos!!!?? lol.. 27-0 against the woeful Jets!! Fantastic!! It's Denver's first shut-out since 1997 when they beat the then-Kerry Collins-led Panthers 34-0 at Mile High.. Wow!! What are the Jets gonna do for a quarterback now??!! No Pennington, No Fiedler, No Bollinger, Testaverde's banged up.. Well it looks like it might fall on the arm of Kliff Kingsbury..or I hear there are plenty of QB's waiting in the wings.. i.e. Tim Couch, Kordell Stewart, and how about the Jets consider bringing Quincy Carter back??

View Post

:D :D :tup:

#206 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:17 PM

The Bills.

Oh. My. God.

View Post

I swear I won't gloat...ok maybe just a little. :tup: :D

Drew Brees: 28-33 4 tds 339 yds...anyone interesting in a quality starting Quarterback? The name is Rivers...Philip Rivers. :D

But amid the glory we lost Gates with a sprained foot. Ouch. Dunno how long he'll be out. :D :(

#207 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:39 PM

The powder-blue jerseys seemed to work well for San Diego this time, Tarl! lol..
Did you catch that Raiders upset of the Redskins yesterday?

#208 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

yeah of course...We get Washington this week.

#209 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:48 PM

Saints, here we go.

Simply
Anemic
Idioitic
No
Talent
Scrubs

So let it be written, so let it be done!

#210 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

View Post

The Jets can't bring in anyone else. They're right up against the salary cap, and cutting anyone on the active roster would mean a cap penalty that would keep them from doing anything anyway. Kliff Kingsbury is THE QB for the Jets the rest of the way. If he goes down, then it's going to have to fall to them converting a WR (McCareins or Coles) or someone else to QB or just forfeit the rest of their games. If Bollinger can get back to being healthy, then we can still be stuck with Larry, Curly, and Moe (aka Bollinger, Testaverde, and Kingsbury). They're saying that Fiedler will be back soon, but I really don't want him back, as he might manage to right the ship enough to get us out of the Top 5 draft picks and make everyone think that the problem was the QBs when it goes much deeper than that.