3181 replies to this topic

#151 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

Yeah it was a bummer. We made a nice comeback but the Eagles made a great special Teams play. 3-4... :)

At least Denver lost. :)

View Post

Chargers have been absolutely screwed in scheduling this year. Three straight teams coming off of a bye. :)

Best 3-4 team in football, i'd say.

View Post

Yeah and Indy has a bunch of cupcakes on thier schedule! :)

SD could easiliy be 7-0...just a few plays. :)

#152 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

Well it seems that two streaks were stopped in the AFC West yesterday.. LT had his touchdown streak stopped at 18 games and the Broncos had their quarters-without an interception stopped on the final play of the Giants game yesterday, not to mention their 5 game win streak stopped. The Giants did the same thing 7 years ago when Denver went 13-0 before losing to the GEEEEEE Men!! (as Chris Berman calls them)

#153 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:36 AM

Well, it's time to stick a fork in my Jets. They're done, and for the first time since the 1995 1-15 campaign, I'm ashamed to be Jets fan.

#154 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Saints owner Tom Benson posted a letter that appeared here in the BR paper, and I am assuming in NO and others across the state syaing that he intends to keep the team in NO and LA. If that is the case, then why not move the team to BR next season? The NFL can schedule Saints home games around LSU home games, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Second point, Shreveport-Has a football stadium, and can attract fans from Texas, and Arkansas. Why not use that? Also, why fire the guy who wanted to play all remaining home games in BR? This smells like a rat, Mr. Benson. To quote Mayor Nagin, we want the team back. We just don't want the owner back. I mean, if you want them in San Antonio, and that appears to be the case for next year, why not just say that after the season, we plan to move back to LA? Is that so hard, Mr. Benson?

I feel your pain, tdalton. I heard Vinnie hurt his achilles tendon, too.

Also, Wellington Mara-you will be missed. You were one of the classiest owners in the NFL, wanting the attention to be put on your players and coaches and not on you. The NFL will not be the same without you, sir. Best wishes to his family and the New York Giants organization at this time.

#155 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

Just got e-mailed Bensons letter.

#156 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:11 AM

I feel your pain, tdalton.  I heard Vinnie hurt his achilles tendon, too. 

Also, Wellington Mara-you will be missed.  You were one of the classiest owners in the NFL, wanting the attention to be put on your players and coaches and not on you. The NFL will not be the same without you, sir.  Best wishes to his family and the New York Giants organization at this time.

View Post

Supposedly Vinny will be starting in Week 9 (Week 8 is a bye week) against the Chargers. I like Vinny and think that he gives us the best chance to win, but 2-6 here we come. I honestly don't see another win on the schedule for the Jets. Oh well, 2-14 should get us at least the 3rd pick, but hopefully Green Bay and Houston win a couple more so we can get that #1 pick and get Leinart or Reggie Bush.

Also, well said about Wellington Mara. He will be missed.

#157 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

2006 NFL DRAFT ORDER

1. Houston Texans
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. San Antonio Santos/Los Angeles Diablos
4. Green Bay Packers
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Minnesota Vikings
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. Miami Dolphins
10. Tennessee Titans

At least that's how I see the top 10. Houston doesn't need Reggie Bush or Matt Leinert, so they will trade that pick to be able to draft offensive linemen to protect Carr and open up holes for Dominack Davis. BTW the Santos/Diablos are the Saints.

#158 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:24 PM

[quote name='hcmv007' date='28 October 2005 - 08:51']2006 NFL DRAFT ORDER

#159 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

I take exception to that, sir. 4-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. Besides, I'm still smarting from that game. Had they been completely blown out or been 1-4, I may accept that, but not this soon.

View Post

I am impressed by the Bengals this year, but only put that on there to get what I wanted to get, a Bengals fan to speak up for their team! Watching the game, though, it looked to me like the Jags really disrupted the Bengals offense, and Fred Taylor wore out the Bengal defense, particularly in the 4th Quarter. I don't see Cincinatti losing more than 5 games this year, by the way. Way to speak up for your team there, Turn. You the man now dog!

View Post

Cheers, hcmv007. :) There aren't many of us Bengals fans around. Even around the area where I live, which is south central Ohio, basically, you get probably more Browns fans than Bengals fans, so we are a pretty rare breed.

And it's been 15 long years. :)

Yeah, the defense didn't look good against the run at all. I was stunned to hear a radio talk show host bring up that Taylor had only rushed for like 12 yards the previous week. But we've got a strong coach in Marvin Lewis and a pretty enthusiastic team, so I think it will continue going well rather than poorly as the season rolls on.

View Post

Ah, wish I would've been on this thread a few weeks ago. I am a huge Bengals fan! I would love to see them in the Super Bowl, but as of right now they need to straighten things out and focus on the division, or wildcard-if necessary. I'm hoping for a rebound this weekend against the Packers. :)

#160 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

2006 NFL DRAFT ORDER

1.  Houston Texans
2.  San Francisco 49ers
3.  San Antonio Santos/Los Angeles Diablos
4.  Green Bay Packers
5.  Baltimore Ravens
6.  Cleveland Browns
7.  Minnesota Vikings
8.  Arizona Cardinals
9.  Miami Dolphins
10. Tennessee Titans

At least that's how I see the top 10.  Houston doesn't need Reggie Bush or Matt Leinert, so they will trade that pick to be able to draft offensive linemen to protect Carr and open up holes for Dominack Davis.  BTW the Santos/Diablos are the Saints.

View Post

It would be fascinating to see Reggie Bush as a 49er. Mike Nolan claims to want a good running game, and Kevan Barlow simply isn't good enough for what they want to do. Reggie Bush would provide a good go-to guy, and could draw off defenders from the receivers (a la Brian Westbrook).

That's why I've got Reggie on my Madden 49er team :)

#161 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

[quote name='tdalton' date='28 October 2005 - 10:24'][quote name='hcmv007' date='28 October 2005 - 08:51']2006 NFL DRAFT ORDER

#162 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

Let me say this: it was great to see Tedy Bruschi back and the Pats win (sorry Qwerty), and it was great to see the Giants win, given what happened earlier in the week, and the classy way Tiki Barber was, it was just a great day. That being said, did anybody check out Saints owner Tom Benson shoving a New Orleans camera crew and hear him get into a shouting match w/ a fan? As a Louisianian, I did feel better listening to Commisioner Paul Tagliabue comment about the Saints situation in LA and his desire to keep them there, but I still feel they are gone after this year.

#163 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

and the Pats win

View Post

As opposed to typing out several words that will be censored, I'll just do this: :)

#164 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:25 PM

Bolts are 4-4 but Denver is in the lead...Chicago is in first place with a rookie 4th rd pick QB! :)

#165 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

WOO HOOO!!! What a great win yesterday over the Eagles!! 49-21.. Really scary moment in the second half, when Denver let a 28-0 lead vanish and the Eagles rallied to a 28-21 score ( a common theme lately with these Broncos lol..) before momentum shifted again.. 6-2 not a bad way to go into our bye week!!

#166 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

Who dey? Who dey? Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals? Not the Packers... 5 interceptions...ouch.

#167 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

and the Pats win

View Post

As opposed to typing out several words that will be censored, I'll just do this: :)

View Post

That's why I apologized to you Qwerty, I thought you might be a little down after that game, I sympathize w/ you completely.

Hey Tarl, your Chargers looked good yesterday, can anybody in the NFL stop Antoni Gates? So far, no. And yes Da Bears are in first, and should mop up the Aints here in BR next week.

Dove, I have to admit I was fearful of the next TO celebration, then you guys pounded the Eagles into oblovion. Looks like the Broncos are a real power in the AFC after many (including me) wrote them off to start the year.

The Richmond Spy-it's a good thing you put who dey, b/c who dat didn't work for the Saints, maybe it will work for ya'll. Good luck this year, as it looks like the Jungle is back in Cincy!

On a serious note, a crazed fan ran onto the field in Cincy yesterday and took the ball from Brett Favre. Look, running onto the field in Tiger Stadium from the Student Section in the North Endzone and running down field to the South endzone and mooning the Alabama fans and players is one thing(LSU v Bama 2000), but making conatct with the players is something else. That guy could have had a knife and stabbed Favre, or another player or even an official. This is not meant to rip the security in Cincy, but let's hope this gets nipped in the bud.

#168 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hey hcmv007,

Wow did you catch that uglyness that happened after the Saints game? Tom Benson shoving the tv cameras and getting into the shouting match with a fan? That totaly sucks that he could very well be considering moving the Saints, after all you guys have gone through in Louisiana... Talk about adding insult to injury!!

#169 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

Here's to hoping the Eagles can still make the playoffs.

#170 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

Eagles need a rb. Maybe Ricky Williams next yr?

The Dove: I'm amazed how good Denver has become after that awful week 1 blowout loss to Miami....seems like ancient history. :) I'm just glad Oak and KC aren't giving us any fits. :)

#171 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

Eagles need a rb. Maybe Ricky Williams next yr?

The Dove: I'm amazed how good Denver has become after that awful week 1 blowout loss to Miami....seems like ancient history. :) I'm just glad Oak and KC aren't giving us any fits. :)

View Post

They've been hoping that Correll Buckhalter can stay healthy, but he always gets hurt when it's too late.

I can't see the Eagles taking a chance on Ricky Williams. Too much of a distraction on a team that has too many already.

#172 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

http://sportsillustr...iefs/index.html

:)

#173 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Tarl!! Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone so far.. Its after the bye that I'm a little anxious about.. Thats when Denver usually starts is downward spiral, but I think this year will be different..

Wow how about that Bengals vs. Packers game yesterday?? 5 INT's for Favre??? !! :) And that :) fan who ran onto the field and snatched the ball away from him...lol

#174 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

and the Pats win

View Post

View Post

That's why I apologized to you Qwerty, I thought you might be a little down after that game, I sympathize w/ you completely.

View Post

Cheers. It was definitely an upset.

#175 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

My Steelers never cease to both impress me and scare the :) out of me...dragging it out to the last minute with a 20-19 win over Baltimore.

#176 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

Dante Culpepper is out for a whole yr...he'll miss half of next yr too.Amazing how the logic of "addition by subtraction" has blown up in the face of the Vikings.He was having a miserable yr before the injury and now he may be done for good...and the vikings can't afford another franchise QB on their payroll.Yikes. :)

#177 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

Ouch!! thats really a shame about Daunte.. He's one of the few Viking players that I admire.. I think its time to start speculating on which coaches might be fired at the end of the year..

Here are my predictions:

Mike Tice: Minnesota Vikings, there is no way that there can't be a major coaching shake up after this dreadful season.

Jim Haslett: New Orleans Saints.. He's been there for like 7 years and every year, the same dismal results for the Saints.

Mike Sherman: Green Bay Packers: 1-6 so far this season, what more needs to be said?? Packer fans are probably wishing Holmgren never left to go coach Seattle.

Dom Capers: Houston Texans, well he did a great job when he coached the then expansion team Carolina Panthers their first season, but his Texans have really taken like 50 steps backwards and they are allowing David Carr to get sacked more than ever, almost like he did his rookie season..

#178 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:40 PM

Hey hcmv007,

Wow did you catch that uglyness that happened after the Saints game? Tom Benson shoving the tv cameras and getting into the shouting match with a fan? That totaly sucks that he could very well be considering moving the Saints, after all you guys have gone through in Louisiana... Talk about adding insult to injury!!

View Post

Ouch!! thats really a shame about Daunte.. He's one of the few Viking players that I admire.. I think its time to start speculating on which coaches might be fired at the end of the year..

Here are my predictions:

Mike Tice: Minnesota Vikings, there is no way that there can't be a major coaching shake up after this dreadful season.

Jim Haslett: New Orleans Saints.. He's been there for like 7 years and every year, the same dismal results for the Saints.

Mike Sherman: Green Bay Packers: 1-6 so far this season, what more needs to be said?? Packer fans are probably wishing Holmgren never left to go coach Seattle.

Dom Capers: Houston Texans, well he did a great job when he coached the then expansion team Carolina Panthers their first season, but his Texans have really taken like 50 steps backwards and they are allowing David Carr to get sacked more than ever, almost like he did his rookie season..

View Post

Hey Dove! I caught Bensongate on a local new channel's Sports section Sun night at 10 P.M. Most LA fans, including myself have given up entirely on the Saints. As far as we are concerned LA has had only one team-LSU-that we consider as Louisiana's team. We know they aren't leaving anytime soon! The fact is, Benson is more inept an owner than Bill Bidwell. Here's some more from the Aints debacle-season ticket holders could not enter Tiger Stadium until the 3rd quarter b/c there were only 3 yes 3 workers who were switching tickets from the Dome to convert them into tickets for Tiger Stadium. These are the people who have stuck by this organization through thick and thin and this is how they are treated. Shame!

One more coach to put on your list: Norv Turner of the Raiders. I know that you would love for him to stay, but only three wins, w/ that talent? Agree w/ your other choices 100%.

#179 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:56 AM

Another coach to add to that list: Herm Edwards.

I read under the rumors section of SI.com that Kansas City may pursue Edwards as a replacement for Dick Vermeil if he retires, as expected, after this season.

#180 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

17/20 points on turnovers but the Steelers pulled one out over the Packers.