3181 replies to this topic

#91 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

WOO HOO!! Yes, what a thrilling game last night!!! :) Denver trounced the KC Chiefs 30-10!! Too bad I didn't get home until the 4th quarter began, but still its nice to see the Broncos finally get going on all cylinders!! Next up, Jacksonville on Sunday.. I hope that we don't make the same mistake like last season and take them for granted and end up losing to them!!

#92 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

Jets are going w/ Brooks Bollinger and have signed Vinny Testaverde. Ouch. I think the Jets might win 9 games still. Bad news about Harrison and Spikes. I didn't get to see the MNF game, b/c I was watching my LSU Choking Dogs in BR, but congrats, Dove. Maybe that is what the Broncos needed to jumpstart their season.

#93 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

[quote name='The Dove' date='26 September 2005 - 20:33']THIS JUST IN: Jets QB Chad Pennington is out for the rest of the season, and Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, and Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes are also gone for the year!!!

#94 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:19 AM

[quote name='tdalton' date='2 October 2005 - 01:36'][quote name='The Dove' date='26 September 2005 - 20:33']THIS JUST IN: Jets QB Chad Pennington is out for the rest of the season, and Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, and Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes are also gone for the year!!!

#95 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:03 AM

I think NY should start Bollinger all year...so they can draft Matt Liniert.As for Chad, I can't knock a guy who lead his team to  playoff victory last year against my Chargers.

And speaking of...My Chargers beat the Patriots 41-17!!!! 2-2 now... yeah baby! :)  :)  :)

View Post

Normally, I would agree with the idea of just trying to get a high draft pick, but I think that with the way the Patriots and Bills are struggling, that we should go with Testaverde and try to challenge those two and the Dolphins for the division title. I think that the division might be bad enough this year that we could make it into the playoffs, and after that, anything can happen. I think that it would be one thing if we were just a bad team, but I think that there was great potential for this to be THE season before the season started, and now that Testaverde is on the roster, I think that he is the best option that we've had on the roster all season to run Heimerdinger's offense, so I think that by putting him in, we'd be setting up for a potential playoff run. I think that the Jets, after today, were only 1.5 games back of the division, so I think it may be a bit early to give up.

Also, how 'bout those Chargers. It was great to see them take it to New England the way they did. :)

#96 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:46 AM

Well the Bills had another glorius loss today.

#97 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:54 AM

If you don't get Matt Lienart than maybe Philip Rivers or That QB from Michigan ST (Stanton?)would be a good option; I like Rivers but it looks like we wasted a draft pick on him-hopefully we'll get something of high value for him. I still like a healthy Chad Pennington. Vinny is 42 and has never been mobile, btw. You really think he has any gas left in the tank?

Glad the Chargers gave the other AFC east teams a smile. :)

#98 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

If you don't get Matt Lienart than maybe Philip Rivers or That QB from Michigan ST (Stanton?)would be a good option; I like Rivers but it looks like we wasted a draft pick on  him-hopefully we'll get something of high value for him. I still like a healthy Chad Pennington. Vinny is 42 and has never been mobile, btw. You really think he has any gas left in the tank?

Glad the Chargers gave the other AFC east teams a smile. :)

View Post

I do think that Vinny has something left in the tank. Honestly, I've been a huge fan of his ever since he came to the Jets the first time, but from what I saw last year in Dallas, I honestly think that he has plenty to offer the Jets this year. Yes, he did have more INTs than TDs last season, but many of those came when his receivers had the ball hit them in the hands and then get tipped up into the air for the DBs to make an easy INT. He's generally a very clutch QB (has led many 4th QTR comebacks for the Jets, including the Monday Night Miracle game) and is known to keep himself in very good physical shape, so I think that once he gets the offense down, that he could very well be the best QB on the roster (including Pennington and Fiedler). Heimerdinger's offense is a vertical one, which plays to Testaverde's strengths. I knew from day one that Pennington would struggle in the new offense, hurt or healthy, which he did. Maybe I'm biased (which is definitely possible) but I really do think that Vinny has enough left to get the Jets to the playoffs this season, if he's put in before the season slips too far out of reach.

Normally, I wouldn't advocate that the Jets go in this direction since the Pats are usually so dominate that at this point they would normally already have a 3 game lead on us, but the fact that everyone else in this division is struggling should mean that the Jets would want to put the best option at QB since the division really is anyone's to win.

BTW, I like the Chargers and pull for them every week, except for the weeks that they play the Jets. Also have LT on my fantasy team, so he's made me very happy the last couple of weeks.

#99 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:55 AM

I like Vinny too.He's a good guy and it's hard not to root for him. I'd love to see him do well again.

#100 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

View Post

To the Saints of all teams. I know what you are going through, Qwerty.

Redskins, Giants, Eagles all winners, Dallas is in for a rough season. All unbeaten teams won, and GB will not win tonight, but should beat the Saints. Why? B/c they are playing the Saints next week. Tough luck for the Jets, but they should place second in the divisiom, unless the Dolphins shock the world. So, how bout them Chargers?! What a great win! Pulling for the Panthers tonight, and hope everybody felt good about this weekend, and if you didn't, well there is always next week, unless you have an open date. TTFN

#101 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

Lets give it up for my Broncos! lol :) They handed it to Jacksonville yesterday in a 20-7 victory.. Although it wasn't as easy as the Monday night game, and i give credit to Jacksonville's defense for playing hard, It was great to see us get a win in Florida (finally!!) Hey congrats Tarl on your Chargers pulling the upset in New England!! It looks like all the injuries are finaly starting to catch up with the Patriots!! Well at least the Red Sox clinched the AL Wild Card yesterday and smacked down the Yankees 10-1 so It wasn't a totaly disappointing day for me! lol.. Hey how about that great comeback by the Eagles to beat Kansas City at home eh?? Wow! That was great!!

#102 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

I just love how the Jets lose QB #1 and #2 within 5 plays of each other. And what I saw with Brooks Bollinger convinced me that we need Vinny to right the ship and lead us into the playoffs >wakes up< boy what a good dream

#103 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:29 AM

How about Vinny Testaverde today? The yardage wasn't outstanding, but he had a good completion percentage, and the interception came only when he was hit by two Buccaneer defenders upon the release of the ball, and was intercepted by a player that should have been ejected earlier in the game for punching a referee (Ronde Barber), so all in all, excellent game for Vinny and the Jets.

#104 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:14 AM

View Post

View Post

Quite. At least we won today.

#105 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:59 AM

Hurry for Vinny!!! :)

#106 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

View Post

View Post

Quite. At least we won today.

View Post

Hey Qwerty, I frequent this local pub with NFL fans of all teams(few Bears fans) and the Buffalo contingent seems to have lost any faith in J.P.Lossman(is that name an achilles' heel? :) ) already. What's the mood in Buffalo about him? Any talk of a Philip Rivers deal? :)

#107 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:09 AM

*falls asleep waiting for Qwerty's reply*

:)

#108 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:13 AM

zzzzzzzzz

#109 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:14 AM

#110 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:37 AM

I've got friend who follows the Bills, he's already given up on Losman.

Eagles were terrible, bot fortunately (?) the 18 inning Braves vs. Astros game took me away from it.

Braves will be back!

#111 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

The Aints have returned! When you look up the word inept in a picture dictionary, there is a team picture of the New Orleans Saints. Haslett should be fired, I hope sometime today, but there will be a new coach in 06 (DC Rick Venturi should have been fired at the end of last season). Aaron Brooks is the most pathetic, overrated poor excuse for a quarterback and should be benched. The Bills benched Losman, who has better numbers than Brooks.

Texans-not inept, just no offensive line

Bungles are back!

I am sorry Donovan McNabb is hurt, but I loved seeing the look on Terrell Owens face later during the game, it reminded me of that guy in those Budweiser commercials (Reggie, I think is his name). No coach, don't put me in, just let the camera zoom in on my face, which will have this expression of hurt and pain, I'll just keep saying 'Why?'. That's great drama there, coach.

Hey, Vinny and the Jets are back. They will go to the playoffs. Why? B/c I said so! (In a good mood this wk :) )

#112 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

*falls asleep waiting for Qwerty's reply*

View Post

Ah, sorry Tarl, didn't come back to this thread last night.

The mood is...mixed really. Before yesterday's win, the "loss" in Lossman seemed to be the main aspect of him qlot of people focused on. I can understand getting situated, so I hope he'll continue with wins.

#113 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:35 PM

The Aints have returned!  When you look up the word inept in a picture dictionary, there is a team picture of the New Orleans Saints.  Haslett should be fired, I hope sometime today, but there will be a new coach in 06 (DC Rick Venturi should have been fired at the end of last season).  Aaron Brooks is the most pathetic, overrated poor excuse for a quarterback and should be benched.  The Bills benched Losman, who has better numbers than Brooks. 

Texans-not inept, just no offensive line

Bungles are back!

I am sorry Donovan McNabb is hurt, but I loved seeing the look on Terrell Owens face later during the game, it reminded me of that guy in those Budweiser commercials (Reggie, I think is his name).  No coach, don't put me in, just let the camera zoom in on my face, which will have this expression of hurt and pain, I'll just keep saying 'Why?'.  That's great drama there, coach.

Hey, Vinny and the Jets are back.  They will go to the playoffs.  Why?  B/c I said so!  (In a good mood this wk  :) )

View Post

I still don't understand what the Saints' thinking was when they benched Jeff Blake after he returned from injury in favor of Aaron Brooks after it was Blake that had gotten them within a game or two of actually clinching the playoff berth a few years ago. They would have been better off staying with Blake and then taking their time to find a franchise QB in the draft to eventually replace him.

And, after yesterday's win over the Bucs, I must say that I'm in a great mood. I think that the Jets are back in this thing, and they're only going to get better with Testaverde back.

#114 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

* Whew!!!* Broncos pulled off a very close, nail-biting game against the Redskins 21-19 yesterday!!! What great heart and character our team has this year.. If this was last year, I don't think we would have won.. Hey Tarl, your Chargers will be in the powder blue jerseys for tonights game against the Steelers.. I'll bet you're looking forward to it.. Should be a great game.. Since Denver gets to play Dallas on Thanksgiving this year, I'm hoping they'll break out the Orange Crush jerseys.. Should be something to look forward to.

#115 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

I'm pulling for the Pats as usual.

#116 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

Bungles are back!

View Post

I take exception to that, sir. 4-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. Besides, I'm still smarting from that game. Had they been completely blown out or been 1-4, I may accept that, but not this soon.

#117 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

Indeed Turn, I'm very impressed with your Bengals. Despite that tough loss to Jacksonville on Sunday, The Bengals are a team to be reckoned with..and now that Ben Roethlisberger has been injured for Pittsburgh, who knows what might happen!! Cincinnatti might have a good shot at winning the AFC North..

Tarl...I know you're out there!! What happened with your Chargers??!! lol.. I thought they weren't supposed to lose in the powder blues?? lol Sorry, I'm really trying hard not to gloat!!! lol..

#118 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

They ALWAYS lose in those powder blues. :) :)

If our coach had any guts we'd have converted that 4-1.:)

#119 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

Indeed Turn, I'm very impressed with your Bengals. Despite that tough loss to Jacksonville on Sunday, The Bengals are a team to be reckoned with..and now that Ben Roethlisberger has been injured for Pittsburgh, who knows what might happen!! Cincinnatti might have a good shot at winning the AFC North..

View Post

Thanks, Dove. They are still getting used to winning and who knows what might happen now with Pittsburgh.

Even before Roethlisberger got hurt, didn't he seem somewhat timid when the Steelers were in the red zone near the end of the second quarter and he kept running straight ahead toward the end zone rather than to the side, where it looked like he had a clearer shot at scoring? Is he that immobile or was he intimidated? It just seemed weird he should have known he'd have a better shot at getting out of bounds rather than taking a chance at getting creamed by the linemen in the middle of the field.

#120 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Well it turns out the Big Ben isn't as seriously injured (hyperextended knee and bruise) so he might be back next week.. Anyways, the Bengals are one of my two surprise teams that I picked to be in the playoffs this year. Arizona was the other one, and I have already written them off!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? lol.. :)