3181 replies to this topic

#211 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:30 PM

Kliff Kingsbury is THE QB for the Jets the rest of the way.

View Post

What do you know, another Saints cast off becoming a starting NFL QB. Why do they still have Aaron Brooks?!

#212 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:20 AM

Someone has to keep Matt Lienart's locker occupied in 2005. :tup:

#213 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

Colts VS Giants- Colts win by 10

#214 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:01 AM

OMFG! SD won in OT 20-17...phfew!!! :tup: :D

#215 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:10 AM

Yep, another...yeah.

#216 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Could the Jets' season get any worse? We finally play well, and it's ruined by the kicker who was brought in to do the exact thing that he couldn't do tonight, which was make a long FG to win a game. That's why they cut Doug Brien in the offseason, and the man who came in to "save" the special teams and kicking situation choked, even though he was touted as being one of the coolest kickers ever under pressure.

J-E-T-S Just End The Season (2-9...unbelievable. 2-14, here we come).

#217 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

[quote name='hcmv007' date='21 November 2005 - 14:30'][quote name='tdalton' date='21 November 2005 - 12:51']

#218 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

Well, I guess Leinert is breathing a sigh of relief that he will not be a Saint in 2006.  I think he fits the Jets better anyway.

I think that Leinart would fit in better with a team like the Dolphins or another one of the bottom-dwelling teams. The Jets already have Pennington's massive contract, Fiedler, and Bollinger on the roster next year, and I doubt that they would want to take on Leinart's massive contract when they already have Pennington with a massive contract. Plus, I've heard that the Jets consider Leinart to be "another Chad Pennington" in terms of arm strength, so I would imagine that they would want to stay away. If the Jets end up ahead of the Texans and get the first pick, I think that they'll go with either an offensive lineman or Reggie Bush.

#219 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

Ahh what a terrific Thanksgiving!! Broncos comeback against the Cowboys to win in overtime, thanks to Ron Dayne!! But at long last, Jake Plummer's no-interception streak ended!! Oh well, it couldn't have lasted forever. At least Jake looked a helluva lot better than Tom Brady yesterday who tied his career worst 4 interceptions in the Pats loss to the Chiefs yesterday!! The other time he had 4 picks, was against Denver oddly enough!! Congrats, hcmv007 on your Saints winning against the Jets..and I hear that LSU's gotta big showdown with Georgia this weekend?

Tarl, nice job on your Chargers fighting back to beat the Redskins. It was one of a few nail biter games this week!! How about that Giants/Seahawks game?? Jay Feeley missing three potential game winning field goals??!!! Yikes!!

#220 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

That was an amazing win in OT. They really sacked up and handled their business. I was horrified for 3 hrs and then...Touchdown San Diego!!!!!! :tup:

Btw,I'm going to Indy December 18 to watch the SD-Colts game.It's on my Birthday. :D

#221 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

Yay Eagles.

:tup:

#222 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:28 AM

Qwerty, my apologies.  I don't put too much of this on JP Lostman (No typo), but Carolina has a good defense, and did not capitalize on their scoring oppritunities.

View Post

Yeah, true.

Ah well. There's always next time...

#223 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:43 PM

Check out this Mock draft site:

http://www.nfldraftc.../mockdraft.html

#224 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

No play offs for the Steelers...

#225 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

:tup:.

#226 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

SD win it's 5th straight and is now 8-4...thanks to KC, SD can possibly take over Denver in the lead in AFC west...get a bye for playoffs..... I just hope they're 9-4 when I go to Indy in 2 weeks to watch the game. :tup:

#227 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:16 AM

Looks like Monday Night Football's gonna be in the snow tonight.

#228 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

Attended my first NFL game in 20 years yesterday. I have to say, it's better to watch the game on TV. I just like watching College Football better. Although, the Saintsation dancers wore this get up in the first half that made me long for Q's magnetic watch. Wardrobe malfunctions indeed :tup: . That being said-Why don't the Saints give up on the year and play McPeherson? SO what if he is ther third string. Brooks would be that on 31 NFL rosters, so I think McPherson would be a step up. BTW-Tom Benson appeared in BR for the game yesterday, and I saw a lot of FUTB shirts, and on the back it said-Who dat say they're gonna take our Saints? Some poeple had Sints shirts that had a middle finger extended an on the plam of the hand it had the fleur de lis and Tom Benson on the top of the shirt. Plus there were a few homemade signs that read 'Benson sucks! Go Bucs!'. Well, it was fun, and hey, it made me feel better about the LSU game the night before!!

Congrats to your Chargers, Tarl!

Note to all forum members-please don't do anything to tick off Qwerty. I have a feeling he is going to be in a bad mood for a while. Qwerty, being someone who has watched the Saints do the same thing in his 27 years, it is painful, and I am sorry and I share your pain.

#229 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:50 PM

Ah well. But with what - six, seven seconds to go in the game...

#230 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

Attended my first NFL game in 20 years yesterday.  I have to say, it's better to watch the game on TV.  I just like watching College Football better.  Although, the Saintsation dancers wore this get up in the first half that made me long for Q's magnetic watch.  Wardrobe malfunctions indeed  :tup: .  That being said-Why don't the Saints give up on the year and play McPeherson?  SO what if he is ther third string.  Brooks would be that on 31 NFL rosters, so I think McPherson would be a step up.  BTW-Tom Benson appeared in BR for the game yesterday, and I saw a lot of FUTB shirts, and on the back it said-Who dat say they're gonna take our Saints?  Some poeple had Sints shirts that had a middle finger extended an on the plam of the hand it had the fleur de lis and Tom Benson on the top of the shirt.  Plus there were a few homemade signs that read 'Benson sucks!  Go Bucs!'.  Well, it was fun, and hey, it made me feel better about the LSU game the night before!!

Congrats to your Chargers, Tarl!

Note to all forum members-please don't do anything to tick off Qwerty.  I have a feeling he is going to be in a bad mood for a while.  Qwerty, being someone who has watched the Saints do the same thing in his 27 years, it is painful, and I am sorry and I share your pain.

View Post

That must be hard to be a Saints player...worst thing is they're not quite bad enough to land Regge Bush or Matt Lienart. :D

#231 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

Regge Bush is the man...wow. I love Matt Liernart but if this guy is available...I'd take him and draft Olson in rd 2.

#232 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

SD win it's 5th straight and  is now 8-4...thanks to KC, SD can possibly take over Denver in the lead in AFC west...get a bye for playoffs..... I just hope they're 9-4 when I go to Indy in 2 weeks to watch the game. :D

View Post

:tup:!!! Damn those Kansas City Chiefs!! :D The Broncos always have a difficult time playing at Arrowhead in December!! Chargers looked impressive again Tarl, against Oakland.. Next week you guys play Miami right? Be very carefull!! As Denver can attest, Miami can easily be a trap game!! Wow what a day for some great divisional match up games. Despite that disapointing Broncos-KC game, I really enjoyed the Bengals-Steelers game! DA..Da. Da-da da.. Heeeers Carson!!! lol.. Wow howabout the Bears smacking down the Packers (not a total suprise I guess), and the Vick and the Falcons finaly losing to Carolina!! The Cowboys- Giants game was good too..

#233 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

Regge Bush is the man...wow. I love Matt Liernart but if this guy is available...I'd take him and draft Olson in rd 2.

View Post

There's also a QB named Jay Cutler from Vanderbilt. He would be a good pick too.

Revised Draft Order:

1. Houston Texans-Needs-OL, DL, DB
2. New York Jets-Reggie Bush, RB USC
3. San Francisco 49ers-Calvin Johnson WR Ga Tech
4. New Orleans Saints-Matt Leinert QB USC
5. Green Bay Packers-Needs-OL, entire defense
6. Tennessee Titans-Needs-WR, DB, DL,
7. Cleveland Browns-Needs-entire defense, OL
8. Detroit Lions-entire defense
9. Baltimore Ravens-entire offense
10. Oakland Raiders-DL, DB

I will need time to determine my top 5 at each position, but my top QB's are Leinert, Cutler, Olsen and Young. Bush is my top RB and Johnson, should he decide to go pro, is my top WR at this point.

#234 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Go Bengals! I'm glad we beat Pittsburgh yesterday, but the game shouldn't have been that close (38-31) with all of those turnovers. I hope we don't get an inflated sense of confidence or it could mean a late season collapse and/or early exit from the playoffs. But, then again, I believe Dalton was still Bond the last time the Bengals had a winning record, so I'll take it. :tup:

#235 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:33 PM

It seems with the Eagles latest loss, the Philadelphia press, or I should say some of the press is bashing Donovan McNabb. Umm, why? So he tried to play through the pain and you guys bash him? UNFAIR!!!!! Look, he has tried to do one thing since he got there-win. He felt that with all that his team had to go through w/ that (expletive) Terrell Owens, that they could rely on their defense and short passing game to have success. It worked for the 49ers in the mid 90's. But no, he is bashed for trying to play through the pain and try to see that this team does it's best. Shame on them. Once McNabb retrurns from his injury next year and the Owens mess is let go of by the media, the Eagles will be a contender in the NFC next year. Get better Donovan, REAL football fans have not lost respect for you.

#236 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

They don't deserve him. He's a class act and a fine QB...I'd be happy to see him wear Lightening bolts...

#237 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

They don't deserve him. He's a class act and a fine QB...I'd be happy to see him wear Lightening bolts...

View Post

Yes, he would. But if they did make a mistsake and let him go, I have selected the help of Carnac the Magnificent, and he and I agree-Donovan would go to Da Bears!

#238 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

He's not going anywhere...but I think The Bears would sleep walk to the Superbowl with a healthy D-Mac. No doubt about it.

#239 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

Da Bears seem to be doing pretty well with Kyle Orton, what a pleasent suprise he's turned out to be. Much better than Alex Smith has been for the 49ers, but then he's been injured too. Should the unthinkable happen and the Eagles let McNabb go, I think he'd be a great addition to the woefull Detroit Lions, who haven't had a solid quarterback since Charlie Batch. Jeff Garcia gets banged up and injured to easily and Joey Harrington has been very inconsistant (perhaps he should take up golf, like his famous cousin Padraig)! Had Mike McMahon been given a fair chance in Detroit, I think they would be a much better team. Instead he was released and went to Philladelphia.

#240 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

I like Orton but he's a yr away...I agree about McMahon too despite his rough outing the other night.