3181 replies to this topic

#301 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:54 AM

[quote name='Tarl_Cabot' date='4 January 2006 - 14:04'][quote name='tdalton' date='4 January 2006 - 13:01']Looks like Herman Edwards may be leaving the Jets and going to Kansas City.

#302 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

At approximately 4:30 on Sunday, prepare to witness the "upset" of the weekend. :tup:

#303 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:42 AM

At approximately 4:30 on Sunday, prepare to witness the "upset" of the weekend.  :tup:

View Post

Which team will pull the upset?

#304 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:16 AM

[quote name='Turn' date='6 January 2006 - 21:42'][quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='7 January 2006 - 00:57']At approximately 4:30 on Sunday, prepare to witness the "upset" of the weekend.

#305 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:25 AM

[quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='7 January 2006 - 02:16'][quote name='Turn' date='6 January 2006 - 21:42'][quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='7 January 2006 - 00:57']At approximately 4:30 on Sunday, prepare to witness the "upset" of the weekend.

#306 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:25 AM

What a fine day to be a Jets fan [sarcasm]. I'm glad that Herm is finally coaching a new team, but the way it was handled and the botched negotiations by GM Bradway (which, IMO, come very close to being a tampering situation) make this the most embarassing day to be a Jets fan. At least when we went 1-15 in the mid-1990s, 6-10 two years ago and now 4-12 this season, we did it with class, but now this franchise has delved to new depths of classlessness and I'm ashamed to say that I'm a Jets fan. Ashamed, and seriously considering boycotting watching this organization next season. I can't really blame Herm for taking this chance, either. This is a sinking ship that he had an opportunity to get off of for free, and he took it.

#307 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

What a fine day to be a Jets fan [sarcasm].  I'm glad that Herm is finally coaching a new team, but the way it was handled and the botched negotiations by GM Bradway (which, IMO, come very close to being a tampering situation) make this the most embarassing day to be a Jets fan.  At least when we went 1-15 in the mid-1990s, 6-10  two years ago and now 4-12 this season, we did it with class, but now this franchise has delved to new depths of classlessness and I'm ashamed to say that I'm a Jets fan.  Ashamed, and seriously considering boycotting watching this organization next season.  I can't really blame Herm for taking this chance, either.  This is a sinking ship that he had an opportunity to get off of for free, and he took it.

View Post

Hang in there, with a good draft or two the Jets should be in the thick of things again. The AFC East (other than NE) isn't full of definite contenders and a few years down the road the Jets should be back in the playoffs. As for Herm... I don't think he is that great of a coach and if KC gets him I doubt they finish better than they did this season.

#308 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

[quote name='Turn' date='7 January 2006 - 00:25'][quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='7 January 2006 - 02:16'][quote name='Turn' date='6 January 2006 - 21:42'][quote name='The Richmond Spy' date='7 January 2006 - 00:57']At approximately 4:30 on Sunday, prepare to witness the "upset" of the weekend.

#309 Dexter007

Dexter007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

It was a nail biter at the end, but the Skins pulled it out (thank you defense). Now on to Seattle... who we beat earlier this year.

Onward and upward.
:tup:

#310 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

Congrats Steelers! Wish it would've been a better game, but Carson went down so early. Better luck next year.

#311 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

Those Pesky Pats do it again...the only home field team to win!??

Very sorry about Palmer. That just wasn't fair. I hope he makes full recovery by July.

Glad to see Eli "I won't play for San Diego" Manning lay an egg yesterday...4 turnovers and a shut out loss at home.Maybe if he had LT, Antonio Gates and Shawn Merriman on that team he might have had a chance. A little well deserved shadenfraude for SD fans! :D :tup:

#312 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:18 PM

Gulp!! Thanks to those pesky Steelers winning, Denver has to play New England at home!! What rotten luck for Carson Palmer and the Bengals yesterday!! I thought that they played very well for the first half of the game, but then it all came unglued. Jon Kitna played pretty well the first half too.. Thats a shame, but I look forward to seeing the Bengals get back to the playoffs next season..

Wow! Carolina looked great yesterday, but the flipside of that was that the NY Giants looked and played awful!!

#313 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

Oh yes baby! My Steelers are going to the championship game!!

#314 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

HOLY HELL AND HIGH WATER!!! THANK YOU GOD!!! GOOD LORD!!! WIDE RIGHT!!! THAT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER SAW!!! YES!! THANK YOU LORD!!! JESUS CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!! THAT WAS... YES!!!

PITTSBURGH'S GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Well, not yet.

Sorry, but damn.

#315 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

Gotta love reading tdalton and Gabe Viera today. Well, let's see, I have been wrong by the Bengals, Colts and that's it. Dove should be happy w/Pittsburgh pulling it out. What a game.

My Super Bowl XL prediction

Denver vs Seattle

Old AFC division rivals, if I am not mistaken, the old AFC West.

Denver should win it.

No, I am not ruling out the Steelers. Bears and Panthers are in a close one though. Interesting.

#316 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

Panther beat Bears 29-21

Broncos vs Steelers
Seahawks vs Panthers

Both should be great!

#317 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

Man, this is shaping up to be the worst Super Bowl ever.

#318 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:53 AM

View Post

Sorry Johnboy--this time it's the other side of PA in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh is shaping up to be the team of destiny--I had my doubts about beating Indy but now nothing scares me. With Big Ben's "Immaculate Tackle" to save the game--Pitt is it. It's a magic carpet ride to the title. :tup:

#319 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

View Post

Sorry Johnboy--this time it's the other side of PA in the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh is shaping up to be the team of destiny--I had my doubts about beating Indy but now nothing scares me. With Big Ben's "Immaculate Tackle" to save the game--Pitt is it. It's a magic carpet ride to the title. :tup:

View Post

Actually, I'm happy that Pittsburgh won. It's the NFC draw depresses, it doesn't get any less exciting than the Seahawks and Panthers.

Go AFC!

#320 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:32 AM

Yeh the NFC teams aren't the most exciting though Seattle is not too bad to me.

#321 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:05 AM

Congrats to Denver(The Dove) and Pittsburg. Chicago lost but I expeceted them to due to their lack of playoff experience.The season didn't turn out the way i'd hoped but then again so many temas can say the same thing...Next year! :tup:

#322 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

I want to jinx the Indianapolis Colts by guaranteeing they will win the Super Bowl.

View Post

My jinxing powers seem to be working. I must keep this in mind for future sport contests and elections.

#323 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

I want to jinx the Indianapolis Colts by guaranteeing they will win the Super Bowl.

View Post

My jinxing powers seem to be working. I must keep this in mind for future sport contests and elections.

View Post

Well done. But I think my Chargers took their mojo away from them...haven't been the same team since, Dungy tradegy not withstanding... :tup:

#324 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

Football was great yesterday... Two great games...

#325 Number 6

Number 6

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6555 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

Dungy and Manning are respectively not playoff-winner entities...

#326 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:08 AM

No team ever quarterbacked by a Manning won any championship of any kind-granted Peyton has-an SEC Championship game. No other titles are in view for this overrated group of QB's. I'll take Brady, Montana, Elway and Unitas over Archie, Peyton and Eli any day of the week.

#327 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

View Post

Could be worse. The Patriots could be in it. :tup:

I was rooting for a Pittsburgh vs. Chicago Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for the Panthers come game time. If the "Stillers" don't win, then I'll go with the Broncos no matter if the Panthers or Seahawks are in the Bowl.

#328 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

Breaking News

Saints set to hire Sean Payton as their new head coach

It seems Haslett is a finalist for the Lions job, and is no longer a finalist for the Bills job, which i am sure makes Qwerty happy-Bills are b/t Dick Jauron and Mike Sherman.

Raiders want to talk to Al Saunders and pat Hill. Personally, why have they not talked to Pete Carroll? He is a hell of a coach and should be considered.

St Louis is still up in the air.

Mel Kiper's top ten is out. Expect mine sometime today. Just a question to the moderator-can we do draft predictions here or would it be better to start a new topic?

#329 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:56 PM

Breaking News

It seems Haslett is a finalist for the Lions job, and is no longer a finalist for the Bills job, which i am sure makes Qwerty happy-Bills are b/t Dick Jauron and Mike Sherman.

Raiders want to talk to Al Saunders and pat Hill.  Personally, why have they not talked to Pete Carroll?  He is a hell of a coach and should be considered.

St Louis is still up in the air.

Mel Kiper's top ten is out.  Expect mine sometime today.  Just a question to the moderator-can we do draft predictions here or would it be better to start a new topic?

View Post

The Raiders should consider Jim Fassel as head coach--he's an underrated coach who has already brought a team to the Super Bowl and who was earlier rumored to the Raiders. He's also an offense minded coach like Al Davis likes.

#330 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

[quote name='Seannery' date='18 January 2006 - 10:56'][quote name='hcmv007' date='18 January 2006 - 16:04']Breaking News

Raiders want to talk to Al Saunders and pat Hill.