This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

WHAT IF: Orlando Bloom in Bond 21

134 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want Bloom for Bond 21?

Do you want Bloom for Bond 21?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:00 PM

Luckily I very much doubt it will happen.  It's just good publicity for the book.

View Post

I agree. I'm kind of surprised such stories are even out there now as the book is relatively new to the public.

#122 Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

No Good WIll Come Of it.

#123 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:24 PM

... And, heck, I guess they'd be quite happy to make a film that wasn't "interesting", just as long as it seemed likely to make money!

View Post

:) Sadly, you are probably quite right.

View Post

Hopefully they'd take their time to start things off strong if this was ever to go through.

#124 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:27 PM

*points to nose*

"This is an old friend of mine. And it tells me something smells."

#125 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if EON developed Silverfin in-between 007 movies. Saltzman and Broccoli produced a number of movies while also making Bond movies, examples I can think of include Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Battle of Britain to name just a few.

View Post

"Call Me Bwana"

"She has a lovely mouth, that Anita..."

The franchise would be tacky, and most likely overly Cody Banks-ish. :)

#126 007forever

007forever

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:02 AM

:) :) :)

SHOOT ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#127 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:30 AM

Re the Bloom as Young Bond rumors, this from Bloom himself (via Dark Horizons):

"I'm not doing young James Bond" he said, "My manager, my agent have never mentioned it to me, not to date. Young or old it has never been mentioned to me. I don't know where that came from, but I've never heard a whiff of it" said Bloom.

Which, in this current climate of rumor hysteria, I'm sure some will take to mean that he IS doing it. :)

#128 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:35 AM

Another rumour shot dead.

It's all leading to Brosnan returning!!!
:)

#129 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:41 AM

Re the Bloom as Young Bond rumors, this from Bloom himself (via Dark Horizons):

"I'm not doing young James Bond" he said, "My manager, my agent have never mentioned it to me, not to date. Young or old it has never been mentioned to me. I don't know where that came from, but I've never heard a whiff of it" said Bloom.

View Post

Finally. :)

#130 Aussie21

Aussie21

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

Seems to be a bit of a landslide for, "No."

I myself chose No, only because I don't think Bloom is an experienced enough actor at this point. He's still too young.

#131 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

I don't believe him. Talk to your manager and agent Orlando, they may have something to tell you! :)

#132 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

:)  :)  :)

SHOOT ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!!

View Post

Oh come now. These rumours have hardly ever (perhaps never) shown any large amounts of credibility.

#133 Almadjian

Almadjian

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:17 AM

I think he could be made into a Bond--of a totally new type, of course. He could be suave. Of course, there would have to be a good swordfight! The "fisticuffs" part is what he would have to work on. However, as per the book, there would be a minor amount of that. If this were to be a pre-quel to the bond series, he could be superb, as long as the script were well written. He's as good of an actor as the few other contenders out there. Looks aren't everything.

#134 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:28 AM

If that happened, the series would be over. Hmm, maybe that's a bit harsh, but no Orlando Bloom is about as much James Bond as Jason Priestly.

#135 lorna99

lorna99

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Bloom Talks Pirates Sequels, Bond
Swashbuckling, stirred martinis and more.

April 07, 2005 - IGN FilmForce was on hand today at the press day for the upcoming Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven, which opens May 6th. The film is the first major starring vehicle for Orlando Bloom and IGN FilmForce spoke to him today about that film as well as the rumors of Young James Bond and the current production of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Stay tuned to IGN FilmForce in the coming weeks as we will also have an exclusive one on one interview with Bloom with even more info on all of these projects.

The recent internet rumors of a Young James Bond film and of Orlando Bloom being up for that role are apparently news to him. "I'm not doing Young James Bond. No, no, no. It's funny, my cousin called me up, he said, 'Is there something you're not telling me? That you're playing James Bond? I just saw it on CNN.' I was like, 'Dude, my manager, my agent have never mentioned it to me, so not to date. Young or old, it had never been mentioned to me, so you know, I don't know where that came from but I can tell you that I've never heard a whiff of it, not a whiff."

Bloom is currently in production on the two highly anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. "As you know, Johnny's the pirate to end all pirates. So Will is the straight man. He's the straight man who moves the story forward as he did in the first movie and he continues that. Obviously he becomes more of the pirate but, nevertheless, piracy isn't in his blood in the same sense that it is for Jack Sparrow. It's gonna develop. The third movie, I still haven't read the script, but I know there are plans to sort of darken Will up a little and make him a little bit more questionable and that will then resolve themselves. I love the character