248 replies to this topic

#121 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Pretty sure the Chinese rumor is totally false, and originates from the period when Chinese actresses were being mentioned as Bond girl prospects.

#122 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Possibly. But without the panda make-up, she does look rather Chinese.

#123 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Kind of a weird name for a home. Then again, maybe nothing out of the ordinary.

Back when Duntrune Castle was still going to be a filming location, a couple of people noticed that it was right up against the sea. Someone suggested that the house might be named "Skyfall" because the view over the water would be "the place where the sky falls into the sea". Which kind of makes sense as a name for a house.

#124 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Kind of a weird name for a home. Then again, maybe nothing out of the ordinary.

Back when Duntrune Castle was still going to be a filming location, a couple of people noticed that it was right up against the sea. Someone suggested that the house might be named "Skyfall" because the view over the water would be "the place where the sky falls into the sea". Which kind of makes sense as a name for a house.

I like it and I like that possible explanation. If it was an old operation name that would be fine as well. It sort of reminds me of Goldeneye.

#125 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Well, Babs said there is a "physical and emotional" context to the title. The physical context is the name of the house; the emotional is the illegal operation that was conceived there.

#126 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well, Babs said there is a "physical and emotional" context to the title. The physical context is the name of the house; the emotional is the illegal operation that was conceived there.

Yes indeed. The biggest question is, if your thoughts are correct, Why on earth was M at Bonds ancestral home concieving an illegal operation? Were Bonds parents involved?

Edited by Mharkin, 13 March 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#127 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yes indeed. The biggest question is, if your thoughts are correct, Why on earth was M at Bonds ancestral home concieving an illegal operation? Were Bonds parents involved?

I'd prefer it if they weren't involved in the operation itself. I favour Kincade borrowing the house from his good friends Andrew and Monique to host "an event" while they were away somewhere. Alternatively, perhaps the house was left to Kincade after the Bonds' deaths, and the operation was hatched in the following years.

#128 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

There are a few possible exaplanations:

1) It could have happened after Bond left home. Given that Craig and Bardem are of a similar age, it would have to happen some time after Bond left in order to fit the timeline if Silva is a byproduct of this operation.

2) A manor house out on a blasted heath sounds like the ideal place to meet with foreign sources away from prying eyes. The regular use of the house for legal operations could make it a natural choice for illegal operations, because it would not attract attention; anyone observing would assume it was a regular meeting.

3) Who says M knew Bond when she first visited the house? If it happened some time before she first considered Bond for a place in the Double-Oh Section, then how would the child who grew up in the house three decades previously of any concern to her?

#129 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

They were all involved, M, Kincaid, Andrew Bond and Monique, in an operation during the Cold War. They dicided they´d call it "Skyfall" because the plan was hatched in Bond´s parents manor. Now, the subproduct of that op (Silva) is getting his revenge after being in hinding in Macao for years, presumably dead.

Could be. Perhaps a bit too Harry Potter for my liking, but hey, could work.

#130 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

More great information from 007Collector:

23. Whitehall Office - M and Tanner pull up and walk into the Whitehall office
24. Whitehall Lobby - M and Tanner have to go through security
39. Farringdon Road - Bond and Tanner ride to the new digs (underground bunker)
50. London Park - Bond runs alone
95. Whitehall Lobby - M and Tanner go through security again
126 (part). Whitehall Corridor - Silva walks down a corridor

#131 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Brilliant!

Scene 50 is an interesting one. What is Bond doing running through London alone? The whole Whitehall chase starts around Scene 126, at least.

Edited by Mharkin, 13 March 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#132 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I.... don't understand? Are you saying the call sheets are wrong?

#133 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

The Whitehall scene numbers are correct. They tally exactly with information on the Trinity Square unit movements leaked on Marketto's call sheets. M and Tanner appear to go to that building (probably the Ministry of Defence) at least twice during the movie. The first time is very close to the start, and it is on their return to MI6 that the building is attacked.

Mharkin - the running sequence sounds very much like a jogging/training scene to me, as Bond gets back into shape.

#134 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Mharkin - the running sequence sounds very much like a jogging/training scene to me, as Bond gets back into shape.

Oh fantastic! As long as they don't include to Rocky theme then it should be good. :D

#135 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Scene 50 is an interesting one. What is Bond doing running through London alone?

Exercising, maybe?

#136 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Not to worry. That's what I thought you were getting at, Kamran. I can however confirm the scene numbers are as I posted though. Thanks for raising it though :)

Had a similar thought about the swimming scenes. A montage of Bond's fitness regime would be quite cool, as long as it doesn't become too "Rocky", as Mharkn observed.

#137 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

In the character list, there's a character called Silva's Isolation Guard.

So, I'm guessing the PTS will involve either Bond catching Raoul Silva in Turkey (after which he's imprisoned), or Silva busting out of jail.

#138 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

A jailbreak would be very cool.

#139 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

I suppose it's more likely that he's already in prison when the film starts (probably as a result of the Skyfall operation going wrong), and he breaks out of jail with the intention of settling some old scores.

#140 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Quick question. How many people think the Scottish Manor is the final set piece? I'm in two minds about it. Scene 172 involves Bond and Eve on a London rooftop and she hands Bond the black box. This makes me think that this will lead into the finale, unless Bond 24 is a sequel.

My thinking is, that Silva obviously wants M for something, so what if, she gets kidnapped at Skyfall Lodge. Bond goes back to London and gets the contents of the box, and goes off and rescues M at Silvas lair.

Edited by Mharkin, 14 March 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#141 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Based on the photos of Craig and Dench the other day, it looks like Bond and M arrive at Skyfall Lodge together.

#142 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Yes, I know that. It's just... what if they don't leave together? After the assault on the Manor, what if M is kidnapped. I think this is going to happen actually, Bond is clearly protecting her and keeping her safe. The villians will get her at some point, and Bond will have to go and rescue her again.

Edited by Mharkin, 14 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#143 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

but why Bond need to protect M? where is her own security detail......

#144 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

... It's clear from most of the Skyfall news, that Bond is protecting M in this one. Why else would she be going with him to Scotland in his personal car? Bond drives her to safety in Whitehall as well.

I think it's safe to say that MI6 has been attacked and M can't really trust anyone, apart from Tanner and Bond.

#145 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

It also suggests that M is going beyond her office, behaving in a way that prevents her from using her official security.

#146 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

but why Bond need to protect M? where is her own security detail......

My theory on that would see Albert Finney staging an insurrection within MI6, and then seizing power from M (which he would do to suppress details of "Skyfall" and protect himself). He then orders M assassinated, but Bond is able to thwart it.

#147 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Very well putt together Captain.

#148 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Indeed. Anyway, back to my previous question.

How many people think the Scottish Manor is the final set piece? I'm in two minds about it. Scene 172 involves Bond and Eve on a London rooftop and she hands Bond the black box. This makes me think that this will lead into the finale, unless Bond 24 is a sequel.

My thinking is, that Silva obviously wants M for something, so what if, she gets kidnapped at Skyfall Lodge. Bond goes back to London and gets the contents of the box, and goes off and rescues M at Silvas lair.

#149 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

The rooftop scene must be the last scene. I would speculate that what's in the box is something Kincade left for Bond. Something relating to his parents.

#150 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I think Skyfall Lodge is the final set piece, and M's fate is decided there. The scene with Bond and Eve is probably a scene to tie up loose ends, and then they both look wistfully across the Westminster rooftops towards the Houses of Parliament, and the end credits roll.