186 replies to this topic

#31 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Rachel's gorgeous, not to mention a very fine actress. And I do like the idea of another female villain. She doesn't have to be the head of Quantum, but I'd be cool with that too.

Yes, as far as rumours go... I like this one.

#32 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Having slept on it I'd be extremly happy to see her in a bond film.

#33 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Just to say... THE HOBBIT is now being delayed (AGAIN) due to the MGM situation so let's not count our rumours before they have even hatched.

And there is nothing more limiting and often falsified than the phrase "a close source".

#34 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Just to say... THE HOBBIT is now being delayed (AGAIN) due to the MGM situation so let's not count our rumours before they have even hatched.

And there is nothing more limiting and often falsified than the phrase "a close source".

I was hoping you'd jump on board with you usual doom and gloom. Zorin I respect you and I like you I think your cool.... But aren't you the one who keeps saying "eon is doing things behind the scenes" well wouldn't looking at potential actresses and actors be doing thing behind the scenes.

This Guy or Gal called that black widow would be in Iron man 2 I'd say let's not burn him/her at the stake just yet. I'm sure eon are familiar with Rachel Weisz and possibly like her enough to want her for a role in bond 23. That's not out of the realm of possibility and actually sounds highly probable.

#35 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

It's only "doom and gloom" if people want to ride every rumour going. Some early heads up on an IRON MAN sequel is not really making a story valid or - worse - actually true.

As it happens... I think this one is "interesting" and less random than most. Of course Eon are continuing regardless. They have to. The screenplay is (no doubt) advanced but as this is Bond (AND MGM are still having their garage sale) I urge caution. And some detail about a sequel to IRON MAN is not the last word of validity, not in Zorin's book anyway.

But Quantum being the property of a lady... that could work (!).

#36 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

It's only "doom and gloom" if people want to ride every rumour going. Some early heads up on an IRON MAN sequel is not really making a story valid or - worse - actually true.

As it happens... I think this one is "interesting" and less random than most. Of course Eon are continuing regardless. They have to. The screenplay is (no doubt) advanced but as this is Bond (AND MGM are still having their garage sale) I urge caution. And some detail about a sequel to IRON MAN is not the last word of validity, not in Zorin's book anyway.

which would possibly give us a third fleming title for Dqaniel craig's run...

perhaps Maria Freudstein will be her character name (the character from the short story who was never used)

I'd still prefer it if she were a higher up but not the head. I want to wait a film bhefore we meet the head.

#37 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

If these rumors shows out to be true, it's a dream come true! Weisz is one of my fav actresses and I've always imagined her as a Bond femme fatale.

#38 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

I've never understood why anyone would want Weisz to play Moneypeeny. She's too gorgeous and talented for such a limited role. On another note, I loved Cate Blanchette's villain in indy 4 and obviously, I don't want a female villain OTT but Weisz as the possible head of quantum seems rather underwhelming which ever way you look at it unless, her character is written as a real she-demon. We'll see.

#39 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

I like Weisz. She’s proven she can do a number of roles. She can be tough, cutesy, romantic, etc…

Yet, something about this name feels too obvious. It’s too neat. It doesn’t give me a Bond-on.

#40 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

Aha!

That could.

#41 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

Obviously it's way too early for serious casting discussions, since there's no final script, no director, and no start date. (Rumormongers seem blissfully unaware that casting doesn't actively begin without these elements in place.) But it's conceivable that someone with a link to the production has heard reliably that the story involves a beautiful woman as the head of Quantum and that they're envisioning her as "someone like Rachel Weisz." I think that could work, and so could she. If the part's strongly written enough, I wouldn't be concerned about the "stunt casting" issue. (Actually, I think if Jinx had been better written, Halle Berry would've been very good--she's just not a "personality actress" IMO. She needs a script to give her the character. But I digress... )

#42 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I was hoping you'd jump on board with you usual doom and gloom.

It's like clock work, isn't it? Any time a new rumor gets put out for discussion he appears with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season to be the voice of reason, to calm us all down, and to bring insight and sophistication to the discussion [gag]

As do your attempts to slam reason and perspective and any attempts to not be personal on a forum like this as you peddle your latest attempts at dry wit. Where in my posts on this thread have I written anything that warrants such petty goading on your behalf?

And I do not care whether Zorin Industries does or does not bring "insight" and "sophistication" to these forums, but God knows they need it....as a few deserters (and better contributors) in recent months have pointed out.

#43 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

Obviously it's way too early for serious casting discussions, since there's no final script, no director, and no start date. (Rumormongers seem blissfully unaware that casting doesn't actively begin without these elements in place.)

On a Bond, the casting team and producers are always "casting" - with or without a script. There will be actors and talent earmarked and mentally circled for Bond films and stories that don't exist yet. Eon are magpies for storing and remembering names for both sides of the camera - and the state of the/a script is not always as relevant as it might be elsewhere.

#44 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Discussions with stars can start quite early. Major stars have to be scheduled years in advance. Wouldn't be unusual.

Aha!

That could.

Nice. B)

#45 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

With so many terrible rumors typically surrounding the Bond films, this is one that I can safely say I hope is true, and for some reason or another, given the current talent attached to Bond 23, there is certainly a hint of possible validity here. At the very least, this rumor is less outrageous than a majority of them.

#46 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

well see wether or not this is true. a few quick points

1. Zorin sometimes im glad ur here to keep things real other times u drive me nuts lol.

2. I don't see how bond sleeping with rachel would be bad. but that is just me.
3. i wonder if this means bond 23 will be The Property of a Lady

#47 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

well see wether or not this is true. a few quick points

1. Zorin sometimes im glad ur here to keep things real other times u drive me nuts lol.

Solace, when have I driven you "nuts"? (!). There is no wrong answer by the way....

#48 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Its as easy as that - if you, Zorin, were in charge here, there would be no discussion before everything is written in stone. Why not then reduce this to a non discussion - just reading of facts board? That would suit you, yes? Lets just close this for as long as it takes to come up with facts. Good idea?

#49 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Rachel's very beautiful, and she's British (I think), so, from my standards, she'd make a very good Bond gal B)

#50 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Its as easy as that - if you, Zorin, were in charge here, there would be no discussion before everything is written in stone. Why not then reduce this to a non discussion - just reading of facts board? That would suit you, yes? Lets just close this for as long as it takes to come up with facts. Good idea?

As stories go, I haven't come down on this one - apart from "well let's see what happens with the MGM issue". Discussion is great. Discussion about this rumour is great (if that is your sort of thing). However, discussion - by its very nature - needs more than one opinion to be as such. SOmeone recently stated that the discussion on CBN has become increasingly "banal". Yes, we are in a quiet period after a busy couple of years but does that mean that reason, perspective, insight, opinion and experience goes out the window like a Swedish actress in a sari? So when I mention a few pointers (from the box marked "reality") I get slammed for being holier than whatever.

And how many of the casting rumours surrounding Bond have actually come true when no film has been greenlit, financed, has a distribution deal in place and a studio partner the Bond management knows, let alone is happy with.

I am all up for discussing Rachel Weisz's potential involvement in a Bond (and actually agree with Gravity Silhouette's opinions re ELEKTRA etc). I LIKE the idea of a lady pulling Quantum's strings. Right now that makes the most narrative sense to me as the Quantum members Bond has been most influenced/affected by (in terms of his character's journey or arc ) have been women (VESPER and, to a lesser extent, CORINNE).

If saying "THE HOBBIT is now being delayed (AGAIN) due to the MGM situation so let's not count our rumours before they have even hatched.... And there is nothing more limiting and often falsified than the phrase "a close source" is not a very fair thing to say in a thread about any BOND 23 rumour then God help the "discussion" about anything on CBN.

#51 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

SOUNDS reasonable enough, but what in fact you do, is jumping on every effort of actually discussing the rumor as it is written. We all KNOW, its just rumors, we all KNOW, its based probably on pretty much nothing, but I ask you again - how shall we talk about any reports on Bond 23? We could, of course, title every post with "I know, its too early and most likely not true" but...

I don´t want to piss on your parade and its not even personel, but I am really lost on how you would like to play this game. There IS nothing but rumors and assumptions at this point - so we would again be back to reducing this to a reading mag, if we shouldn´t discuss those.

#52 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

I don´t want to piss on your parade...

And lose me the visual gold that is a lady Daniel Craig fan from Germany squatting on my airship as it passes by....?* (!)

{*This statement was an attempt at humour, albeit it very broad and peurile]

#53 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

Okay, let's view this from a realistic point. Rachel Weisz is currently acting with Craig in another film. She is/was involved with Sam Mendes for awhile as well, who has been rumored to be the next director.

Hmm, sounds like the usual PR ploy when talent agents drop subtle rumors that their client is in serious talks with a big production and thus rises their value among other potential movie roles.

Personally I love Rachel Weisz since the very first time I saw her in THE MUMMY back in the late 90s. She is very talented in numerous roles. I also feel she could bring something to Bond 23, even as a villain. I seriously doubt she would want to be the next Moneypenny since her career is offering bigger roles. Moneypenny is a role that would stop Ms Weisz' career in a New York second.

However, since I'm a gambling man, I would have to say that this is merely a criss-cross of PR rambles among two actors in another film where one of them just happens to be the current James Bond.

The fact that this person has a track record of breaking news on Iron Man 2 with the Black Widow is not a great feat. Black Widow is a frequent character in the Iron Man/Avengers universe and is a logical choice to be in the Iron Man series.

#54 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

I don´t want to piss on your parade...

And lose me the visual gold that is a lady Daniel Craig fan from Germany squatting on my airship as it passes by....?* (!)

{*This statement was an attempt at humour, albeit it very broad and peurile]

Hm - leo doesn´t even have a translation for peurile, but its save to say, that I have no problem in taking away from you that sight, although I am honored, you tried to be humorous, as this surely is none of your better traits. Maybe try it more often and you´l learn, that life or Bond or a discussion board isn´t all THAT serious. Lighten up, Zorin... B)

#55 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Another disintegration of a thread.

#56 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

It's not WHAT you say, it's WHY you even bother to say it in the first place. This is a discussion board; rumor and opinion IS IMPLIED. The board DOES NOT NEED someone regularly swooping in like some white knight to save us from our intellectual virginity. If we want to wallow in the mud of our ignorance, let us. You do have a holier-than-thou attitude, and you've all but admitted it. Anyway....

Mr Gravity, you may not have realised it up to now, but nobody on this board is forced to read, take notice, believe, mull, whatever anybody else you not agree with expresses here. And personally, I would be more than a little surprised if such diverging opinions would actually impair on your experience here when discussing matters.

Lady(ies???), Gentlemen, while everyone's dedication here is really most understandable, there is no need to become overly agitated by what is essentially a rumour.

#57 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

It's not WHAT you say, it's WHY you even bother to say it in the first place. This is a discussion board; rumor and opinion IS IMPLIED. The board DOES NOT NEED someone regularly swooping in like some white knight to save us from our intellectual virginity. If we want to wallow in the mud of our ignorance, let us. You do have a holier-than-thou attitude, and you've all but admitted it. Anyway....

Mr Gravity, you may not have realised it up to now, but nobody on this board is forced to ready, take notice, believe, mull, whatever anybody else you not agree with expresses here. And personally, I would be more than a little surprised if such diverging opinions would actually impair on your experience here when discussing matters.

Lady(ies???), Gentlemen, while everyone's dedication here is really most understandable, there is no need to become overly agitated by wat is essentially a rumour.

Amen brother. B)

#58 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Magnificent idea.

Behave, everyone. It's some rumour about some film or other.

#59 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Another disintegration of a thread.

Page and a half, not a record but close. :tdown:

Actually GS calling out anybody is kinda entertaining, wasn't too long ago that particular shoe was on the other knee... or something like that.

As to how the character should be written/played, not concerned about that as long as it's well written and directed (is that a duh?). TWINE didn't suffer from anything so much as lousy writing/direction, Bond can sleep with the big female bad or not, always thought Fiona was a better villain than Largo anyway, lol.

Good rumor as rumors go, be nice to see the thread get to 4 pages or so, guess we'll see. B)

#60 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

Personally, I'd like to see Weisz play Q'ute. When is this timeless character of Fleming's finally going to be introduced to big screen audiences?

I wonder which definition of trolling you're indulging in now?

CBn can quite easily celebrate 10,999 members.