186 replies to this topic

#181 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

i just think that bond's casting deparmtnet might have been looking for Rachel weisz esque actress to play a villian role. Do I think Weisz was ever contacted no I don't do I believe the script's main villian could be a Woman based off of Maria freudstienfrom the short story The Property of a lady Yes I do.

Could i be wrong sure Could i be right Sure. the spyglass vote is Friday if it gets passed i'm sure the wheel will turn and light will be shed on our favourite spy's 23rd adventure on film.

BTW i also believe thep lot may involve smuggling cause that is an 09 rumor i liked and there is nothing to suggest that isn't part of the plot just like there is nothing of recent to suggest it is.

#182 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

i just think that bond's casting deparmtnet might have been looking for Rachel weisz esque actress to play a villian role. Do I think Weisz was ever contacted no I don't do I believe the script's main villian could be a Woman based off of Maria freudstienfrom the short story The Property of a lady Yes I do.

Could i be wrong sure Could i be right Sure. the spyglass vote is Friday if it gets passed i'm sure the wheel will turn and light will be shed on our favourite spy's 23rd adventure on film.

BTW i also believe thep lot may involve smuggling cause that is an 09 rumor i liked and there is nothing to suggest that isn't part of the plot just like there is nothing of recent to suggest it is.

If the "Spyglass deal" is announced at any point as being done and dusted, why would that mean an automatic announcement on BOND 23? If that film ever gets out of the starting blocks an official press announcement could be a year away at least. And how on earth do you know what role the casting department are looking for when the script is still being rewritten / re-drafted / re-thought? It makes no sense. And neither does your logic when it comes to rumour-making.

#183 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

If the "Spyglass deal" is announced at any point as being done and dusted, why would that mean an automatic announcement on BOND 23? If that film ever gets out of the starting blocks an official press announcement could be a year away at least. And how on earth do you know what role the casting department are looking for when the script is still being rewritten / re-drafted / re-thought? It makes no sense.

why would It be a year away? and all i'm saying is certain things are possible. Not definante not what they are 100% looking for just saying things are possible.

POSSIBLE!

#184 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

I can't believe we're still talking about this. Wasn't this just a deliberately planted rumour? And isn't it possible that the journalist who penned this latest item simply picked up on what we, and others, were discussing for ages before we left it alone, and has just concocted something from it? And now we are meant to access this item and think "so there was something to it after all"?

#185 Sebastian Tombs

Sebastian Tombs

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Seriously...considering that the rumor started at a time when preproduction was at a standstill (officially suspended as of April, but from everything I've seen, more or less at a halt since last October, and the Weisz rumor started in March), I think it's total BS. Maybe at most there was a mention of Weisz during a brainstorming session but it may not have gone any farther than that. Considering that (according to best intelligence) there is not a complete script, and that things could easily change radically given the length of the delay, the idea of any casting going on seems seriously premature.

This story strikes me as simply a regurgitation of the old rumor by an internet hack, nothing more. Hard for me to put any weight to it.

#186 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

If the "Spyglass deal" is announced at any point as being done and dusted, why would that mean an automatic announcement on BOND 23? If that film ever gets out of the starting blocks an official press announcement could be a year away at least. And how on earth do you know what role the casting department are looking for when the script is still being rewritten / re-drafted / re-thought? It makes no sense.

why would It be a year away? and all i'm saying is certain things are possible. Not definante not what they are 100% looking for just saying things are possible.

POSSIBLE!

An announcement on BOND 23 could well be a year away (if the film is to at all emerge within 2012). Just trying to put some perspective and reality on the issue. And I am not even going to start defending why fantasy fan casting for even more fantasised characters is taking the whole debate down multiples rabbit-holes.

#187 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

I read the other day that Fiona Fullerton played a British agent in Roger Moore' 1987 Bond film A View to Kill so as this was published it must be FACT. I am not prepared to have my mind contemplate any other possibility lest it explode.

Yeah, she was in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS too playing Marian Darbot. I think that one came out in 1961 when Ryan Flemming died.

She was the first Bond girl to be Bond's equal and there have been no other Bond girls like that since. If they do it again, they will just be copying Fullerton's portrayal of Darbot.

---------------------------------