tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

Rachel McAdams (She may be too famous.)
Diane Kruger (See Rachel McAdams.)

While I think that you're right about Rachel McAdams perhaps being too famous for the Bond franchise at this point, I'm not sure that Diane Kruger has reached that level of fame yet (although, IMO, she's certainly deserving of that kind of fame). The only really successful films she's been in have been the two NATIONAL TREASURE films. Other than that, it's been a lot of smaller and independent films, along with the epic failure that was TROY (although I do admit to liking that film, but it didn't do very well at all at the US box office, although it fared better internationally), so I don't think that she would end up being too big for a Bond film in the same way that Rachel McAdams might be.

Diane Kruger would certainly be near a great choice for a Bond girl, although my top choice for a Bond girl at this point would have to be Yvonne Strahovski, who I think would make a phenomenal Bond girl.

#122 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

I prefer an american Bond girl

Summer Glau. AMAZING woman check out Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles to see she can do action well.

Personnaly i'd love for Amanda bynes and feel she would be perfect. of course you all hate her and would rather claw out your eyes then see her as a bond girl.

#123 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:37 PM

Personnaly i'd love for Amanda bynes and feel she would be perfect. of course you all hate her and would rather claw out your eyes then see her as a bond girl.

Oh my God. I love this and I'm not even sure why. I love it when something unique is done and Amanda Bynes would most certainly be a unique Bond girl. Plus I think it would work.

But you are right, most people would hate it. Especially with Craig's reputation as a serious Bond. But I think that would be the fun of it, seeing Bynes actually work in the role despite all expectations.

#124 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:52 AM

Oh my God. I love this and I'm not even sure why. I love it when something unique is done and Amanda Bynes would most certainly be a unique Bond girl. Plus I think it would work.

But you are right, most people would hate it. Especially with Craig's reputation as a serious Bond. But I think that would be the fun of it, seeing Bynes actually work in the role despite all expectations.

I mean Mrs Bynes Is no extremly well known and is the best part of the cheesy and predicable What a girl wants. She is extremly gorgous and comical BUT I just think she can do the serious action film girl role sort of. Bynes casting would cause us to sort of rewrite the bond girl role (which i think we are all sick of the fellow intelgence officers) Bynes would work perfectly as perhaps the daughter of a higherup in quantum (perhaps played by Anthony Hopkins or David Succient <Sp>) which the beauty of this role would mean she would get to play "does he really love me or is he using me to get to dear old Dad" or perhaps a pacifict Journalist who get caught in the middle of Quasntum's latest scheme sensing a good news story and wind up at first hating bond and his methods but eventually well you get the idea i mean she is a bond girl she's gonna sleep with him lol.

I mean I tend to want girls who can't play the Inteligence officer or the guns a blazing bond wannabe because Jinx left a bitter taste in my mouth and while Camille Repared some of the damage it's still too soon.

Does Mrs Bynes have a work that screams "Hey i'm a bond girl" no no she doesn't but that isn't something that should be held against her the fact she can do films like She's the man and What a girl wants and get even guys to laugh at her quirkyness says something she is a good actress. I can picture her busting 007's balls about shooting people in a flemingesque way. She isn't of the same noncalibere as Paris Hilton and the olsen twins and i'm wondering if those who put her in that catagory ever bothered to watch a film of hers. She also hapens to be gorgous.

Will it ever happen no probably not Bynes is on the cusp of becoming the next Aniston who in her 40's will realize Man i wish i mixed up my carrer more often. (not that there is anything wrong with Mrs. Anniston) And I doubt the producers have heard of her and if they have i'm sure they probably don't think she'd work which i know Zorin and cpatain will jump on this and say "they know their franchise best" which yes that is true but i still say that Bynes will be the Shake up casting that they should and never will do. And again there are 2 things that this would accomplish 1 they would get a beautiful smart and great actress against the norm (more free press B)) AND we'd get a different bond girl who is strong indpendent (and shocker) isn't a bond clone but rather smart and independent in her OWN WAY.

Sigh I look foward to this post and idea getting ripped to shreads because Mrs bynes isn't "bond girl material"

#125 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

Bynes would work perfectly as perhaps the daughter of a higherup in quantum

I really really really like this idea. It's a little cliche but no more than, like you said, the female agent role which has become a bit tired. It would definitely work too. But again, too bad it probably never will. It would be such a unique character though.

#126 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:03 AM

I actualy was working on this idea and a few others with a friend on here but sadly both our scheduales got so busy. I dunno I can just picture Bynes hating what her father does (but enjoying the money) relaxing by a pool even bond noticing her beauty. to me it's a scene out of the "lost fleming novel" it just scremes of Fleming. but perhaps i'm the only one.

#127 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

(In no particular order):

Clémence Poésy
Michael Michele (If they ever need an older actress, she could be it.)
Emily Blunt (She may be a good Moneypenny as well.)
Taraji P. Henson
Rachel McAdams (She may be too famous.)
Diane Kruger (See Rachel McAdams.)
Audrey Tautou
Marion Cotillard

Hear, hear! Emily Blunt! She'd be great as Moneypenny or as Mary Goodnight, if the producers choose to include that character in an upcoming film. I'm re-reading "The Man with the Golden Gun" and I'd forgotten what a likeable character Goodnight is. Britt Ekland was shortchanged by the writers of the film version, in my opinion.

Poésy was fantastic in "In Bruges". I'd love to see her in a Bond movie.

#128 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

I mean Mrs Bynes Is no extremly well known and is the best part of the cheesy and predicable What a girl wants. She is extremly gorgous and comical BUT I just think she can do the serious action film girl role sort of. Bynes casting would cause us to sort of rewrite the bond girl role (which i think we are all sick of the fellow intelgence officers) Bynes would work perfectly as perhaps the daughter of a higherup in quantum (perhaps played by Anthony Hopkins or David Succient <Sp>) which the beauty of this role would mean she would get to play "does he really love me or is he using me to get to dear old Dad" or perhaps a pacifict Journalist who get caught in the middle of Quasntum's latest scheme sensing a good news story and wind up at first hating bond and his methods but eventually well you get the idea i mean she is a bond girl she's gonna sleep with him lol.

I mean I tend to want girls who can't play the Inteligence officer or the guns a blazing bond wannabe because Jinx left a bitter taste in my mouth and while Camille Repared some of the damage it's still too soon.

Does Mrs Bynes have a work that screams "Hey i'm a bond girl" no no she doesn't but that isn't something that should be held against her the fact she can do films like She's the man and What a girl wants and get even guys to laugh at her quirkyness says something she is a good actress. I can picture her busting 007's balls about shooting people in a flemingesque way. She isn't of the same noncalibere as Paris Hilton and the olsen twins and i'm wondering if those who put her in that catagory ever bothered to watch a film of hers. She also hapens to be gorgous.

Will it ever happen no probably not Bynes is on the cusp of becoming the next Aniston who in her 40's will realize Man i wish i mixed up my carrer more often. (not that there is anything wrong with Mrs. Anniston) And I doubt the producers have heard of her and if they have i'm sure they probably don't think she'd work which i know Zorin and cpatain will jump on this and say "they know their franchise best" which yes that is true but i still say that Bynes will be the Shake up casting that they should and never will do. And again there are 2 things that this would accomplish 1 they would get a beautiful smart and great actress against the norm (more free press B)) AND we'd get a different bond girl who is strong indpendent (and shocker) isn't a bond clone but rather smart and independent in her OWN WAY.

Sigh I look foward to this post and idea getting ripped to shreads because Mrs bynes isn't "bond girl material"

No. She isn't. She might be a pretty woman, but she looks wrong and completely conveys that she has nothing new to offer. It is not just about eye candy and shoulder-dressing. And no offence, but she doesn't look remotely cinematic to me - as her somewhat middling TV CV testifies. The camera needs to find her interesting. I'm not sure it does - as the countless and dull pap snaps of her on - er - red carpets testifies too.

And it's never that new to promote a Bond Girl using phrases such as "rather smart and independent in her own way". It is sort of a kiss of death for any actress wanting the role.

#129 Vanya86

Vanya86

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Bynes would work perfectly as perhaps the daughter of a higherup in quantum (perhaps played by Anthony Hopkins or David Succient <Sp>) which the beauty of this role would mean she would get to play "does he really love me or is he using me to get to dear old Dad"

Great idea, wish I'd thought of it B)

Edited by Vanya86, 27 April 2009 - 06:04 PM.

#130 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

I'd say i'm suprised but I'm not. I want to move on away from the fellow agents LTK, TND, DAD, CR, and QOS. Let's have something new for bond 23. I think the older Quantum's member daughter is interedsting and cool.

However Zorrin you i guess have seen Mrs Bynes work so i'll leave your post alone. I still say it would work and extremly well.

#131 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

Selma Blair

Posted Image

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Melina Havelock? Also, how about Jewel Staite as a Bond Girl? (link below)

Jewel Staite

Edited by 007½, 04 May 2009 - 11:28 AM.

#132 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

And no offence, but she doesn't look remotely cinematic to me - as her somewhat middling TV CV testifies. The camera needs to find her interesting. I'm not sure it does - as the countless and dull pap snaps of her on - er - red carpets testifies too.

Ah, but that would be the fun in it. Seeing a pretty made-for-TV girl turning into a gorgeous competent woman who can hold her own in a movie. I certainly don't think it's beyond her.

#133 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

the girl in SOLARIS and RONIN - man she is a beuty - i don't remember her name but i'd go with her

#134 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

My choice for B23? Some radiant beauty I've never heard of until I read about her official casting here at commanderbond.net

#135 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

Rumor alert!
Kim Kardashian wants to be a Bond Girl!
http://www.worstprev...ne.php?id=12948

One word: NO!

#136 H.M.S Ark Royal

H.M.S Ark Royal

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

It's time for Keira Knightley. I want her in a Bond film.
Posted Image

#137 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image

To play Rachel Weisz perhaps?

#138 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

My choice for B23? Some radiant beauty I've never heard of until I read about her official casting here at commanderbond.net

B)

#139 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

Marcato, you're talking about Natasha McElhone.
I don't understand why I never saw her again after The Truman Show and Ronin.

Keira Knightley and Rachel Weisz are probably too 'big' in their own right now to be considering or considered for a Bond girl part. Same for Charlize Theron even though I think she's a stunner.

#140 Vanya86

Vanya86

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:32 AM

Marcato, you're talking about Natasha McElhone.
I don't understand why I never saw her again after The Truman Show and Ronin.

Probably because you were looking in the wrong places. She's been around since then and is currently playing David Duchovny's ex wife in Californication.

#141 H.M.S Ark Royal

H.M.S Ark Royal

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

To play Rachel Weisz perhaps?

What a stupid !! Of course ! Rachel Weisz ! I make always the same mistake i don't know why ! Thanks !

#142 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Heidi Klum (given her experience voice-wise on Everything or Nothing)

Not sure where that is relevant. The games have very little to do with the creative decisions of the films.

#143 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

Anne Hathaway. B)

#144 H.M.S Ark Royal

H.M.S Ark Royal

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hathaway ? It's not Get Smart ! It's Bond !

#145 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hathaway ? It's not Get Smart ! It's Bond !

Yes, but, if anything, Get Smart proved that Hathaway CAN do action scenes, plus she's a great character actress. B)

#146 H.M.S Ark Royal

H.M.S Ark Royal

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Okay...She's gorgeous...An appearance like Molly Warmflash if you want...

#147 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

How about Jenna Elfman?

#148 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Rachel Weisz

#149 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Personally I'd sort of like to see someone a bit older. Rather than some pretty little twenty-something or someone in their early to mid-thirties, get someone who's in their early to mid-forties.

#150 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

How about Jenna Elfman?

No.