#91 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Far less than I was expecting :D

Now airfare across the country will bring it up.... but I'm seriously considering this.

Might be a good way to celebrate my 21st birthday... not that there'd be any drinking and gambling, or anything :P

Some things to keep in mind are that you going to have your airfare, hotel, & spending money expenses on any trip you take. In this case, the fee for all the activities was well worth the price plus all of the people at the event were great. If you go, book your flight early. I got direct flights on Southwest out of Baltimore & paid around $400 roundtrip (I booked about 3 months ahead of time).

#92 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Quick check on Expedia shows I can get roundtrip from Detroit for around $200. Not bad if I can purchase them far in advance. Plus hotel and spending money, of course, like you said Professor.... but not bad at all.

This just might work :D

#93 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:24 AM

Binyamin, I must echo the Professor's recommendation. Book early. Leave the last minute bookings for when you're on an expense account. :D

Having been to both DTBB and DTBB2, boking early makes all the difference. For DTBB, an unfortunate communication snarl caused my flight to have been booked 2 or 3 weeks later than we'd originally intended and even that made a noticeable price difference (which rapidly gets worse the closer to the event one gets).

#94 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

Due to my wife's work schedule, and her nigh-maniacal obsessive loyalty to her work, I'm truly hoping that DTBB3 is scheduled for the first half of whichever month it should fall in, as otherwise my chances of being able to attend may fall to naught. :D

#95 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

I just hope it gets scheduled. Been mighty quiet these last few months.

#96 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

"Go ahead, tell the Admiral what you want. If he fires me I'll thank him for it."

Not to fear folks. While it has been the holidays and quiet, as far as announcements go, the "machine" has been at work. Whilst I have yet to get myself out to Vegas in person, I have been toiling away via phones and emails and a few faxes to get the game up to speed. A couple of payments have gone out as well.

Now it's a matter of dates. 2008 is a busy Bond year and 2007 rounded out with a bit more on my plate than anticipated. Some good and some bad. Nothing I can't handle.

News soon. Now, "back to the salt mines". :D

Be ready to "Dare" once again.

#97 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

"Go ahead, tell the Admiral what you want. If he fires me I'll thank him for it."

Not to fear folks. While it has been the holidays and quiet, as far as announcements go, the "machine" has been at work. Whilst I have yet to get myself out to Vegas in person, I have been toiling away via phones and emails and a few faxes to get the game up to speed. A couple of payments have gone out as well.

Now it's a matter of dates. 2008 is a busy Bond year and 2007 rounded out with a bit more on my plate than anticipated. Some good and some bad. Nothing I can't handle.

News soon. Now, "back to the salt mines". :D

Be ready to "Dare" once again.

I really hope our friend who knew Ian Fleming personally is an acting advisor on this year's event. With any luck syphillis will be on this year's calendar! I mean, that would really class the event up about ten fold. I'm sure all of you agree.

#98 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Glad to hear the machine is grinding away, really looking forward to DTBB3.

Thanks Bryce!

#99 adam007

adam007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

Guess we'll just have to start the "Get Athena to DTBB3" fund. HAHAHA! :tup:

Well, if last years pictures were anything to go by I would expect that will be rather cheap!!

Also guys, I wouldn't be taking the wives along!!!

#100 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Guess we'll just have to start the "Get Athena to DTBB3" fund. HAHAHA! :tup:

Well, if last years pictures were anything to go by I would expect that will be rather cheap!!

Also guys, I wouldn't be taking the wives along!!!

You might want to re-read the posts more carefully. At least two participants took their wives and at least two people on Bryce's staff are husband and wife (and also friends of mine). I have full intention of bringing my wife if her work schedule will allow it, given that I don't know the dates for this year's events.

As this appears to be your first post anywhere on CBn, it appears that you have a personal issue here. I hope that's not the case.

In case, even after re-reading the posts, you are incapable of understanding Athena's meaning, she was saying that she didn't have the cash flow to be certain she would be able to attend.

Also, if you're going to be trolling, could you at least punctuate properly? The correct punctuation is "last year's" not "last years".

For anyone else to consider, here are our little troll's statistics as of 09:26 EST:
Dossier Views: 0*
Local Time: 21 January 2008 - 14:25
1 posts (1 per day)

#101 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:31 PM

I've got a feeling he has been here before, under a different name. He sent me some weird PMs.

#102 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Ahh yes, I assume the same person who created new identitys last year just to trash an event that they were not even present at.

PErsonally I need to start saving my pennies because I would not miss DTBB3 for anything :tup: I made some great friends last year, it was certainly one of the best experiences of my life.

#103 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Good morning, colleagues.

Bryce, I tried to access the DTBB link on your MySpace page, and it came up as missing. Is there any place active where I can get info on this event? Now that I'm living in the Midwest and saving some money, I may be able to swing it.

So to speak.

#104 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

I've just been reading through this thread guys and crikey you lot are bleedin' lucky sods :tup: Dare To Be Bond! Ahhhhhhhr! what I wouldn't do to see that! Lucky lucky lucky :( How far away is Malta from the USof A? Ahhhhhhhhhr too bleedin' far. I'll have to do it alone here! :tup:
Anyway, if you're all out there have a couple of pints for the ones left behind :)

Harry

#105 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Anyway, if you're all out there have a couple of pints for the ones left behind :tup:

Harry

Harry, there is always one (or sixteen) toasts made to our fellow operatives in the field. Preferably served by Bunnies.

*Mmmmmmm...Bunnies*

darkpath - Excellent work on the intel above.

As to the event, it's looking (nothing solid yet) like the first weekend in August. I've got a few phone dates tomorrow after the holiday to nail things down and will most likely be heading out to Vegas on Feb. 1 to do the meet and greet.

I'm just working up the budget. The registration fees will be higher, but again, only to cover the fun and NOT line my pockets (and preferably not empty them either) and our Tropicana and Luxor contacts have given and are giving us and Paltinum rating with anyone who asks.

I'm drafting an email to the lovely and deadly Alicia for our "hardware" needs and Jenny at the "Vault" would love to have us back. Might need to add some caviar this time. :tup: I'm looking into some hand-to-hand training at a certain facility as well.

I'll probably launch a new thread to announce it. DTBB3, Fleming's 100th and Bond 22. 2008 is going to rock more than 2-007.

Thanks again for the continued interest and support.

#106 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

I'm just working up the budget. The registration fees will be higher, but again, only to cover the fun and NOT line my pockets (and preferably not empty them either) and our Tropicana and Luxor contacts have given and are giving us and Paltinum rating with anyone who asks.

However high the registration fees are...I'm sure it will still be a bargain for what we will have to look forward to.

#107 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

However high the registration fees are...I'm sure it will still be a bargain for what we will have to look forward to.

Let's see here...
Plug in today's date up here in the corner,
"Pay to the order of" is John Bryce (003)
"memo" - DTBB3
Just tell me the number and how may zeroes go behind it and I'm ready to sign this check and put it in the mail!

Like Jaguar says, it was one of the best times of my life and a true bargain. Even Mrs D07 had a good time and she generally avoids fun!

#108 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

Cheers lads!

Yes, we've got some great notions for this year and Dr. warmflash, Nurse Schlott and Flicka have something in mind for the ladies whilst us "boys" are out shooting stuff in the company of a lovely blonde (you KNOW her name - and pink skateboard tape on her Sig-Sauer) along with a certain saucy brunette who wants us to sample some Vodka at 00-7 degrees.

The Cabanas look great as well and "Bruce" may have some company in the pool.

Yeah, I'd plan on staying until Monday if your schedules allow. Blue jeans, burgers and beer to de-comp after what I'm sure will be a grueling recertification.

"Axworthy's 13" are getting together for some fun and scheming before I head out to do some re-con and cut a check. For some reason, they like it when you bring money to Vegas. Go figure. *shrugs*

:tup:

No....REALLY.

#109 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

Like Jaguar says, it was one of the best times of my life and a true bargain. Even Mrs D07 had a good time and she generally avoids fun!

She avoids fun... :tup:

Definitely a great time. Now I'm looking forward to the first weekend in August (or so). :tup:

#110 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Would love to make it to DTBB3.

(Reviews current financial situation)

Sadly, it appears that I am rather unlikely to attend this year...

#111 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

Anyway, if you're all out there have a couple of pints for the ones left behind :tup:

Harry

Harry, there is always one (or sixteen) toasts made to our fellow operatives in the field. Preferably served by Bunnies.

*Mmmmmmm...Bunnies*

darkpath - Excellent work on the intel above.

As to the event, it's looking (nothing solid yet) like the first weekend in August. I've got a few phone dates tomorrow after the holiday to nail things down and will most likely be heading out to Vegas on Feb. 1 to do the meet and greet.

I'm just working up the budget. The registration fees will be higher, but again, only to cover the fun and NOT line my pockets (and preferably not empty them either) and our Tropicana and Luxor contacts have given and are giving us and Platinum rating with anyone who asks.

I'm drafting an email to the lovely and deadly Alicia for our "hardware" needs and Jenny at the "Vault" would love to have us back. Might need to add some caviar this time. :tup: I'm looking into some hand-to-hand training at a certain facility as well.

I'll probably launch a new thread to announce it. DTBB3, Fleming's 100th and Bond 22. 2008 is going to rock more than 2-007.

Thanks again for the continued interest and support.

I'm glad my intel was of help. Sun Tzu did admonish to know one's enemy. :)

I'm very much looking forward to this event as I am sure is a the case for many others. :(

Fear not regarding the fee, as the fee itself is, at least for myself, a fraction of the overall cost (the airfare dwarfs the registration fee, even on Jet Blue).

Do give my respectful regards to Alicia. Not only is she a professional; but she's also very considerate and kind. Additionally, if I am successful in bringing my wife this year, then I will actually need her assistance as my wife has no marksmanship training whatsoever. :D (I'll go hang my head in shame after posting this)

Don't forget the toast if there's caviar. :)

Hand to hand training? :D Excellent!!! You do know how to warm the cold heart of a 00!

Cheers!
Darkpath

#112 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

I'm glad my intel was of help. Sun Tzu did admonish to know one's enemy. :(

Well, as is written "If you sit by the river long enough..." :tup:

My other favorite is "Hide a sword with a smile."

Not to worry about your lovely bride. She married a Double-O. She's now a mother. A little "girl-talk" with Alicia and her instincts and protective nature will serve her well. No shame there my friend. :tup:

#113 just another 00

just another 00

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:04 AM

Let's see here...
Plug in today's date up here in the corner,
"Pay to the order of" is John Bryce (003)
"memo" - DTBB3
Just tell me the number and how may zeroes go behind it and I'm ready to sign this check and put it in the mail!

In this crowd the zeros come before the number.......

#114 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

What's a few zeroes between friends? :tup:

#115 OO4

OO4

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:34 AM

I know I don't speak up alot around here, but damn I wish I could swing this...

Besides, every trip can use a good medic.

Edited by OO4, 25 January 2008 - 04:34 AM.

#116 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:26 AM

Quite. You'd have to check the other 004 for concussions every time I kick him in the head.

#117 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Quite. You'd have to check the other 004 for concussions every time I kick him in the head.

That's a full time job Major! :tup:

#118 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

What he said.

Yes, if you can swing it 004, you might get to meet the lengendary (in his own mind - wanker) Matt O'S. oo4. Also, if any part of your medical training involves good, proper, LA. (your LA.) cooking, this crowd might be much obliged.

Mmmmm....I could go for comfort food...Washed down with Southern Comfort. :tup:

I'm crunching numbers now and headed out in about two weeks. I'll report from the field.

#119 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm crunching numbers now and headed out in about two weeks. I'll report from the field.

Possibly another report from the Hooters Hotel pool? :tup:

#120 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hooter and bunnies and guns. Oh my!