388 replies to this topic

#61 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

My contact confirms that production is back under way and on schedule for returning this Summer. :tup:

#62 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:25 AM

Great cover art for that DVD set! The article says it is a "full screen" DVD release. For some reason, I thought it was in widescreen. :tup: I must be mixing it up with another show.

#63 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean, Dent. I just checked though and it was definitely full screen. I'm really looking forward to the set. The show was very entertaining.

#64 sark

sark

Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

I love the scene where his mother critisizes Micheal for not showing up at his father's wedding. His response, "last thing he said to me was (affected accent) 'I'll see you in hell boy', I assumed me meant it."

#65 minder125

minder125

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

I love the scene where his mother critisizes Micheal for not showing up at his father's wedding. His response, "last thing he said to me was (affected accent) 'I'll see you in hell boy', I assumed me meant it."

Don't you mean funeral. Loved the show and can't wait for season 2. The DVD commentaries will be great if Bruce Campbell does them all.

#66 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

My contact confirms that production is back under way and on schedule for returning this Summer. :tup:

Cool I thought it got canceled.

#67 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Looking forward to another season! Is it summer yet?

#68 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

Saw the 5th ep last night and, well, does it get better because I'm starting to lose interest a little bit already. Too much helping out a friend of a friend and not enough of the spy stuff. Even the actual "burn notice" trace is a bit thin.

Am I missing something?

I found the mother to be a bit of a irritating character &, unfortunately, she plays a role in several episodes as does Michael's brother. The investigation into who issued the burn notice does pick-up & there is a good season ending cliffhanger. You are almost half way through the season at this point so hang in there! :tup:

Prof, it actually did pick after my above comments. Quite enjoying it now, and have just watched the ep where he's finally got his hands on THE file at the end.

The DVD set should be very interesting considering that EVERY ep has a commentary track! :tup:

#69 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:43 AM

Saw the 5th ep last night and, well, does it get better because I'm starting to lose interest a little bit already. Too much helping out a friend of a friend and not enough of the spy stuff. Even the actual "burn notice" trace is a bit thin.

Am I missing something?

I found the mother to be a bit of a irritating character &, unfortunately, she plays a role in several episodes as does Michael's brother. The investigation into who issued the burn notice does pick-up & there is a good season ending cliffhanger. You are almost half way through the season at this point so hang in there! :tup:

Prof, it actually did pick after my above comments. Quite enjoying it now, and have just watched the ep where he's finally got his hands on THE file at the end.

The DVD set should be very interesting considering that EVERY ep has a commentary track! :tup:

Excellent! Glad you kept with it after that little bump in the middle of the season. I'm looking forward to the DVD set as well especially since it has a commentray on every episode. I can't wait for season two to start.

#70 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Just got my own "Notice" this weekend from Amazon and pre-ordered season 1. :tup:

It's due out on June 17th which, I *believe* is just about a week before Seson 2 starts running on USA.

Just enough time to refresh.

#71 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:30 AM

Does anyone know if Season 1 is coming out with the L.E.D. UV tactical-style torch and UV sensitive ink printing of fingerprints? I saw some illustrations of the proposed packaging and a sample unit of the L.E.D. UV tactical-style torch at work this past week. I truly hope this isn't some proposal that goes nowhere and is the actual packaging used.

#72 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:19 AM

I just watched the pilot. I liked it but I thought I would like it more. I'll watch another episode to see if it gets better.

#73 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

Alright, I just bought the whole first season on iTunes. I love this show! :tup:

#74 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

BURN NOTICE is fantastic. Definitely one of the best shows on American tv, along with MAD MEN and LOST.

#75 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

Favorite quotes thus far.

"There's a reason spies don't have many parties. Everyone has a history with everyone else."

"Guns make you stupid. It's better to fight your battles with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

*Fiona Irish lilt* "Shall we just shoot them all?"

"You know spies....Bunch of bitchy little girls."

"Twenty years of martial arts training. Combat on five continents. A rating with anything that fires a bullet or holds an edge. But there's still no defense against Mom crying."

"In a minute. I'm not done with my show and tell yet."

Anyone else?

#76 sark

sark

Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

Great quotes Bryce.

Jeffrey Donovan definatly deserves to be a first-rate star.

#77 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

"You know spies....Bunch of bitchy little girls."

I loved hearing this one in the opening show summary every week. :tup:

Here are two:

"The key to fighting a group is taking out its leader. Take out its leader - oh, they'll all leave you alone. It's bully psychology. Works with third-world military units as well."

"Spies go to bars for the same reason people go to libraries, full of information if you know where to ask."

#78 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

"When you're dealing with someone with this kind of money, things get complicated. Change a lightbulb in a place like this and a week later you're on a speedboat in the Caymans with people shooting at you."

"It's going be a little hard to blow my head off with the safety on."

"Hand to hand combat isn't about being the biggest or the strongest. You don't have to break a limb or crush his windpipe, but take a man's little finger and snap it, he'll cry like a baby and drop to his knees no mater how big he is."

"Fi, don't kill Sam. Sam, don't let Fiona kill you. I'll be back in an hour."

"The key to evading capture when being chased on foot is being willing to do something the other guys won't. Like, say, jump off a building."

#79 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

I love Burn Notice. It's absolutely fantastic.

#80 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

Two more quotes, both from the pilot:

"In a fight you have to be careful not to break the little bones in your hand on someone's face. That's why I like bathrooms: Lots of hard surfaces."

"People with happy families don't become spies. A bad childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You don't trust anyone, you're used to getting smacked around, and you never get homesick."

And this from one of the later episodes:

"The term 'shock and awe' gets misused a lot these days. It's a popular name for a military tactic known as 'rapid dominance'. Whether you do it with a 1000 lb. bomb or with a can of turpentine and a power drill, it's all about being spectacular."

Can't wait to buy the dvds! Can't wait the show to be back on!

Edited by Jackanaples, 06 June 2008 - 03:13 PM.

#81 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

Nice ones Jack. :tup:

"Lockpicking is over-rated. A bottle of canned air from any office supply store will do the trick. A hammer takes care of the rest."

"Aibags save a lot of lives. They also will knock you out long enough to have your wrists cable tied to a steering wheel."

Check out the Burn Notice site on USA. The "Ask a Spy" segments are brilliant.

There's some serious spy gospel in some of these bits and a lot of the narratives are full of good information.

"Any good defense attorney can explain away fingerprints on a gun. But try to explain fingerprints on the inside of a slide assembly, and your client won't be paying his bill for five to ten years."

#82 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:31 AM

I created a Burn Notice forum at the FelixLeiter.com Forums. :tup:

#83 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

I really enjoy BN as well. I just rewatched the pilot with my daughter last night.

The current Entertainment Weekly with Mad Men on the cover has a 3 page article on Burn Notice.

#84 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

At last good news for UK viewers, or at least those with a satellite or cable subscription. Burn Notice has been bought for future transmission by FX. Presumably this is season 1. No transmission dates are available yet. Personally, I can't wait, and based on what I've seen of season 1, I'd recommend this unreservedly to all UK CBners who might be wondering what all the fuss is about.

Got to say Fi is looking particularly hot in the season 2 promo.

#85 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

Season 1 is out on DVD in the US this Tuesday. Best Buy has it for $34.99, don't know if the other stores will beat that...

#86 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

Season 1 is out on DVD in the US this Tuesday. Best Buy has it for $34.99, don't know if the other stores will beat that...

I recommend buying Season 1 on iTunes for $19.99 if you don't mind not having a hard copy. That's what I did.

#87 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:26 AM

Just got my DVD box set. :tup:

Extras: Scene specific audio commentary by cast and creator, gag reel, character montage, action montage, "girls gone Burn Notice" montage, Jeffrey and Gabrielle's audition footage.

Yeah, I know where the rest of my evening is going. :tup:

The chinese food is on the way, hot mustard is standing by and I've just cracked the seal on a bottle of Balvenie 10. A splash of water and I'm set.

Of course if Miss West or Miss Sterling or both decide to show up, that wouldn't be bad either.

Tough work being a spy.

"That's the thing about being a spy as opposed to a police officer or a soldier. When someone starts shooting at you, it means you're doing something right."

#88 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

I ordered my dvd set of BURN NOTICE this week as well. For those who want to see some episodes before making the deicision to buy OR merely catch up in time for season 2 on July 10th...

USA Network has ALL TWELVE EPISODES AVAILABLE TO WATCH ONLINE RIGHT NOW. For FREE.

#89 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

Just watched the first two episodes on the site and I'm liking it so far.

#90 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

I think it gets better in the later episodes of the season myself.