"Guns make you stupid. Duct tape however, makes you smart." :cooltongue:

#32 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:03 PM

There is still no sign of this show coming to the UK, which is really frustrating. However, having taken the opportunity to watch the few episodes that are available online, I've got to say I agree with what most of you have said in this thread. What is there not to like? The show has a strong leading man, a wonderful supporting cast, thrilling and funny scripts, an exotic location, and gratuitous butt shots of attractive young ladies in bikinis!

I get the impression that the actors are having the time of their lives, and that fun translates onto the screen. Has anyone got a cure for a serious Fi obsession? There is something incredibly sexy about that character. Maybe it's because she straddles a fine line between being a strong, feisty woman and a complete nutter who you know could show you a good time.

#33 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:20 PM

Fiona = Hottest spy chick on TV.

My own kick-butt spy chick Flicka is taking notes. Not that she needs to, she just is.

Looking forward to season two and word has it that the first season will be out on DVD before season two premieres. Hopefully, for those of you in the UK, it may be running over there soon.

#34 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

My own kick-butt spy chick Flicka is taking notes. Not that she needs to, she just is.

Looking forward to season two and word has it that the first season will be out on DVD before season two premieres. Hopefully, for those of you in the UK, it may be running over there soon.

Any more parallels to your like, Bryce? :cooltongue:

#35 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:54 AM

I just realized I'd missed the episode, False Flag. I'm watching it right now. Fortunately, my TIVO caught it on rebroadcast when they marathoned the episodes right before finale.

#36 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

I just realized I'd missed the episode, False Flag. I'm watching it right now. Fortunately, my TIVO caught it on rebroadcast when they marathoned the episodes right before finale.

This is one of the many reasons why I love TiVo. :cooltongue:

#37 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:50 AM

I think I've seen them all now. Which one is "false flag"?

#38 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

I think I've seen them all now. Which one is "false flag"?

It's the one with Xena: Warrior Princess... er, I mean, Lucy Lawless. :cooltongue:

#39 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:02 AM

Quite right Professor. I've seen Lucy Lawless in a number of different roles over the years, including as Rizzo in Grease, on Broadway. Her range continues to impress me. When I saw her in the early part of the episode, I knew it was going to be especially intriguing. I was not at all disappointed. :D

#40 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:47 AM

I like Lucy more as a brunette. But as long as the cuffs match the collar... :D

#41 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Any more parallels to your like, Bryce? :D

Heh-Heh...

Well 004 is certainly my Sam, and Flicka my Fiona (she does have a habit of always asking "Shall we just shoot them all?". I do still occasionally do some sorts of security or independent detective work.

Just as long as I don't get Burned, I'll be happy.

#42 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:03 AM

OK, very short notice (:tup:), but the show premiers on Channel 10 here in Sydney in about an hour-and-a-half (9:30pm). I assume it's showing Australia wide at the same time.

Being wanting to see this series since this thread started. :tup:

#43 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:38 AM

OK, very short notice (:tup:), but the show premiers on Channel 10 here in Sydney in about an hour-and-a-half (9:30pm). I assume it's showing Australia wide at the same time.

Being wanting to see this series since this thread started. :tup:

Enjoy! Please let us know what you think. The season was pretty consistent quality & entertainment-wise.

#44 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:34 AM

Now I need a fix of Burn Notice, I'll have to watch a few minutes of low-grade youtube to hold me until the summer season.

Thanks for stirring that up guys! :tup:

#45 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

Now I need a fix of Burn Notice, I'll have to watch a few minutes of low-grade youtube to hold me until the summer season.

Not to completely push you over the edge but the writer's strike may kill the season (if it hasn't already). :tup:

#46 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:27 AM

Not to completely push you over the edge but the writer's strike may kill the season (if it hasn't already). :tup:

I'll check with my contacts and see if I can get any information to forecast where things are for Burn Notice's second season.

#47 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:37 AM

I enjoy the show (as does my girlfriend and my mom) but I don't get a Saint vibe from it at all.

I agree that it has more in common with the Equalizer - but with more humor. It is billed as an action comedy.

I enjoyed the first season as well, but I did not even think of it in relationship to The Saint until I saw this thread.

Of course anything with the appealing Gabrielle Anwar is always worth checking out, even if she is playing an IRA terrorist.

#48 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for stirring that up guys! :(

I'll check with my contacts and see if I can get any information to forecast where things are for Burn Notice's second season.

Thanks Darkpath. If the season is cancelled I may need to move into an old warehouse, surround myself with a collection of bizarre-yet-loveable-and-loyal friends, and provide violent help those in need. :tup:

#49 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:01 AM

Yes, I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, the opening ep is a 2-parter here, and Pt.1 seemed to end too quickly last night. It would have been much better had it been a "movie length" premier ep.

#50 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:40 AM

I remember reading quite a while ago that season 2 shooting was to begin in mid January so it is possible that the strike could delay the next season. I heard if the strike is over by February we could still see season 2 in June.

#51 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

Please excuse the poor attempt to mask for a modicum of privacy.

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:51 PM
To: *********, Lane (NBC Universal)
Subject: Re: Burn Notice Season 2 on track?

Hi Lane

#52 sark

sark

Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • PipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

Just for everyone's information, you can watch entire episodes (and I think they have all the episodes) on USA's website. Each episode is divided into several different clips, with commercials in between (guess they had to make money off it somehow). If you're not in the US (or even if you are and missed it) I'd encourage you to check it out.

#53 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:36 AM

Now I'm really annoyed. The Aussies have got Burn Notice, but there's still no sign of it being shown in the UK. Thank you to sark for mentioning the episodes on USA network's site, but I've tried them before and unfortunately they don't work in the UK.

Here we've got the naff and probably cancelled Bionic Woman to look forward to, and currently we've got Journeyman which I quite like but also looks like it's cancelled. Why can't those oily toe rags masquerading as show buyers recognise a hit series that's actually got some mileage? I reckon that the only way we'll get BN over here is if the writers' strike goes on for so long that there is nothing else left to purchase.

#54 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

Last evening, before leaving work, I was given a lovely Burn Notice promo poster by someone involved in the production (my source I cited earlier).

#55 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

Great info, darkpath. Now that the Director's Guild has a contract, hopefully, the writers won't be far behind. Bring on season 2. :tup:

#56 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:07 AM

Saw the 5th ep last night and, well, does it get better because I'm starting to lose interest a little bit already. Too much helping out a friend of a friend and not enough of the spy stuff. Even the actual "burn notice" trace is a bit thin.

Am I missing something?

#57 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

Saw the 5th ep last night and, well, does it get better because I'm starting to lose interest a little bit already. Too much helping out a friend of a friend and not enough of the spy stuff. Even the actual "burn notice" trace is a bit thin.

Am I missing something?

I found the mother to be a bit of a irritating character &, unfortunately, she plays a role in several episodes as does Michael's brother. The investigation into who issued the burn notice does pick-up & there is a good season ending cliffhanger. You are almost half way through the season at this point so hang in there! :tup:

#58 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

Am I missing something?

It's definitely worth pressing on. The exposition of the mother and brother characters does feel a bit tedious at spots; but in the end, it turns out to be quite telling, in my opinion, of just who Michael is. Additionally, having introduced them and having them come across as a net-negative makes the developments later in season all the more interesting.

#59 Brisco

Brisco

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Season One will be out on DVD June 17, with some cool extras!

http://doubleosectio...-after-few.html

Brisco

#60 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

Sweet! They hardly seemed to have enough shows to call it a season, but I sure like that show.