164 replies to this topic

#121 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:29 PM

ive made a poster but i dont have enough space to post it.
any suggestions?

+ ive made the movie poster, but im also making a teaser poster

Edited by 007_Stef, 29 August 2005 - 03:30 PM.

#122 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

Don't know what to tell you about space...look forward to seeing both though.

#123 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

Dude, if you e-mail me the poster, then I can post it for you

We still need to hammer out that final stunt and the gadgets before we can confirm what's going to be in the movie.

Also, my partner suggested my old favourite SolarPlexus as the title but whilst it's cool - not sure it fits.

Let's stick with Risico as the title - and Whisper of Love as the song.

#124 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:54 PM

Does anyone know any landmarks in New Orleans we can feature ? Like we've done with the zoo and the harbor in Stockholm ?

#125 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:18 AM

Does anyone know any landmarks in New Orleans we can feature ? Like we've done with the zoo and the harbor in Stockholm ?

View Post

well, its funny we picked new orleans, as it was completely destroyed over the weekend by hurricane katrina.

EDIT: so if we were actually filming this movie we would have to scout alternate locations...

Edited by trumanlodge89, 31 August 2005 - 02:55 AM.

#126 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:25 AM

True enough - but we didn't know that when we picked it, eh. Should we pick a new location, or should we stick with New Orleans ?

#127 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

True enough - but we didn't know that when we picked it, eh. Should we pick a new location, or should we stick with New Orleans ?

View Post

if it were up to me, i would look for something other than new orleans. but lets hear what everyone else thinks.

#128 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

I would pick a new location, I couldn't think of anything great to do in New Orleans anyway and it seemed like everyone else was having the same problem as no stunt was picked. Maybe we should just get somewhere new.

#129 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

Pick a new one. We've been to the US already (NY). New Orleans is two bites at the cherry and exactly the same as LALD. We can be original.

I suggest a Canadian city: Quebec - gives us Simon Latrelle, keeps North America.
Now, let's find something to do in Quebec. Any Canadian Bond fans out there?

ACE

#130 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

Let's use Vancouver - 'cos I live there now.

#131 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

Cool. Can we hire you as the location manager?
Where to shoot, terminus?

#132 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:59 AM

Been out with my boyfriend today and thought up a pretty cool idea for the usage of various locations - if we could carry it off, it could be one of the best car chases in cinematic history.

Okay. So, we continue on from Stockholm. Bond on the HMS Ark Royal, told that Risico will be able to hack into the mainframe, realises he will go for Simone, calls in Felix - who tells him Simone is in Vancouver.

We cut to Vancouver, a hockey game, we follow Bond, he enters, takes his seat - begins a conversation with the woman next to him - its Simone. She evades his questions, tells him to meet at the rink after the game - which Bond does, gets assaulted by goons in hockey gear which he takes on (gadget: spikes erupt from his shoes giving him grip on the ice) and deals with, a voice comes over speakers, its Simone, she's satisfied that he is who he claims to be, and tells him she's made reservations at a restaraunt at a local ski resort (see Grouse Mountain for a great shooting location) where he meets her, they dine, flirt and share romance while he outlines what is happening to her - thugs burst in, gun down some diners and grab Simone, Bond tries to save her, the thugs make a getaway and Bond is forced to pursue - the thugs are in a sky car down to the ground and Bond is up at the resort, uses a grapple gun (attachment for his gun) and uses it on the sky car wires to make a makeshift flying fox before jumping into the vanquish/zagato at the bottom and pursuing the truck carrying the thugs and simone through vancouver, along the highway, over the lionsgate bridge, through the city and back onto the second highway before ending up at the airport where a cargo plane is prepping for takeoff. The van drives onto the cargo plane, the doors go up, the plane begins to taxi - and the vanquish pursues the plane down the runway before skidding to a halt at the end when the plane is out of reach. Bond is deflated, 'the one that got away -' yet determined to reach Simone and rescue her.

#133 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:49 AM

Nice terminus but...

...can we try to be somewhat original? I know everything has been done before, the trick is to redress it. We can use similar elements but we can't have more or less exactly the same thing? Bond battling goons in hockey gear on a deserted field has been done before in exactly the same set up. If we have to shove in action, can we shake it up a little?

Love the idea as a location - presumably the BC Place Stadium.
http://www.eyeseavan....com/sports.htm

Imagine the above setting, when reading this idea.

After Bond has made contact with Simone (she leaves to check on his credentials saying to meet at Grouse Mountain later), he is then accosted by RISICO MEN (including MACE, the goon tazered in yacht fight in Stockholm). He then has a massive footchase fight a la his battle in Kobe docks? Running through the cavernous stadium, knocking people off different levels. Losing his gun in the process.

Perhaps (don't know if they do this in hockey), pre-match there is a show on the rink with cheer leaders, kid hockey plays doing puck exercises, dancing girls and floats and a little "drama" - a pantomime cops and robbers thing they stage at these events. We also see, for the big finale, a man preparing a JET PACK (standard issue now at sporting events)! On the frozen hockey pitch, there are trampolines and those gyroscope spin things, girls sliding down and performing gymnastics on material draped from the roof of the stadium like curtains (surreal, Cirque du Soleil-esque colourful, clowns, harlequins set against the ice, grey of the stadium and the hardness of the hockey players). Bond's battle with the goons is taken by the audience as part of the show.

He then runs on ice (incongrous Brioni-clad Bond amidst the throng), and using hockey sticks and helmets and other pieces of kit as weapons, fights his way through the myriad of goons. Knocks one goon out with puck as knuckleduster ("Get the puck out of here!")*. Weaves through the act, the ropes, the trampolines. Bounces bad guys on the trampolines, puts one in a gyroscope thing ("Shaken AND stirred!"). Absolutely no stream of machine gun bullet hits.

Bond then trampolines up to one of the Cirque du Soleil drapes and climbs to the top of the stadium. Jet packer is overcome by MACE who jet packs halfway up stadium. Bond leaps off drape and jumps on MACE and they fight, in mid air at jigging and thrusting through and around the dangling, coloured drapes. Bond eventually wraps one of the drapes around neck of MACE, leaps off MACE and on to the same drape wrapped around MACE, kicking the thrust button as he does so. Drape shoots up, with Bond on it to top of Stadium. Bond grabs ceiling hatch while MACE is strangled by tightening rope ("Looks like he didn't give a puck!")*. Clutching and clawing, Bond eventually gets on to the high, service walkway and opens the hatch.

Bond exits BC Stadium at the top, revealing stunning views of Vancouver and a hugh, flapping Maple Leaf Canadian flag (captured by circling helicopter shot), and our man on top of the stadium, perfectly suited, flicking lint of his lapel and straightening hair and tie. A hero moment.

BTW, all of this to the "007" theme (the John Barry counter theme) redone by David Arnold and The Propellerheads.

* trying to get more hockey puns in here than there were fencing puns in DAD :)

Then on to scene in Grouse Mountain...

Edited by ACE, 02 September 2005 - 02:20 AM.

#134 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:58 PM

ACE I lovee it!!

He's got to straighten the tie though, it's just tradition.

#135 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

ACE I lovee it!! 

He's got to straighten the tie though, it's just tradition.

View Post

It's not actually. While I love it in GE, in TWINE it's just copying.
He's got to do something urbane, as a closer.
And I want something new.
But it's no big deal.

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I have fun coming up with these things. Just as an exercise.

I personally would never have Bond going to hockey.

ACE

#136 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:36 PM

[quote name='ACE' date='1 September 2005 - 14:21'][quote name='ComplimentsOfSharky' date='1 September 2005 - 13:58']ACE I lovee it!!

#137 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

OK, the tie gets straightened!

:)

#138 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

I like it - but they do those things netweem the thirds of the hockey match, they have pewee hockey and cheerleaders. Agreed, we'll work using your outline though - we could make note that this is a special event, that this isn't the norm at hockey matches if we need to go with this, because I like the idea of the images and stuff and whatnot.

And, just for record, it's the GM Place stadium we'd be using which is actually across the road from BC Place stadium.

Are we going to go with the Zagato or the Vanquish on the Aston Martin front ? Or that new test car they unveiled a while ago ?

We'll do the tie straightening - new Bond, a bit of a tip of the head to the past.

Edited by terminus, 01 September 2005 - 03:17 PM.

#139 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

You're the boss, terminus.

Prefer Vanquish but probably go with Zagato (that's an AM?) as it's newBond.

Can we throw in a MWGG homage? Have a couple of cheerleaders take on some goons knocking them out as part of their routine while Bond dons pom poms and does a dance "2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate? 5-6-Double-0-7, Nobody does it better in heaven!". The band at these things can play the James Bond theme. Think of the publicity stills - Bond and the cheerleadeers!

Wayne's World dream music: ACE snaps out of it.

:)

#140 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:49 PM

The cheerleader thing might be funny...and even if not, the band playing a snippet of the Bond theme would be good (much like Vijay in OP). Bond doing a cheerleader dance is a bit questionable........I'd rather see him bake quiche and fall asleep in his rocker. hahaha

And I prefer the looks of the Zagato to the Vanquish - just for my 2 cents on the matter.

Edited by ComplimentsOfSharky, 01 September 2005 - 04:52 PM.

#141 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, 'K , I vote for the Zagato too.

Well, we can only do the cheerleader scene if Daniel Day Lewis plays Bond....

We don't want this to be like the Mr Freeze diamond theft scene in Batman and Robin.

This film won't be that gritty.

#142 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:37 PM

instead of this being a hockey game, couldnt it just be an event of some kind? the only reason i ask, is because realisticly, i dont see the mainstream hockey fan being into the Cirque du Soleil thing.

i hate to keep suggesting location changes, but why not someplace like the rose bowl in los angeles, and its halftime of the super bowl?

just my two cents....

#143 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:44 PM

Okay - here's what we'll do, a mix of Ace's concepts and my own, we go from Stockholm to the intervening scenes and then to Vancouver and the GM Stadium where Bond sits down next to Simone, introduces himself, she leaves, has business to attend to but will meet up with him later once she's validated he is who he says he is. She goes - and Bond is on the big screen, it's between two sets of the game and we see a thug in the control room, the announcers are knocked out and Bond is called down to the ice - his was the lucky seat. If he can hit three pucks into the net past the goalie, he wins something (make it something ironically Bondian) - but the goalie and host are thugs and when Bond has hit two goals, they spin into action and a host of hockey dress clad goons pour onto the ice. The audience all think this is a set up - that this is part of the entertainment and cheer Bond on as he takes on the hockey-clad goons. After a minute or two, more goons rappel from the catwalk - the odds are increasing but Bond is holding his own. He escapes by strangling a rappeling goon on his cord and climbing the rappel cord - onto the overhead pathway and out through a hatch onto the roof. We take in Vancouver - and a helicopter facing Bond, another goon, the one from the control room (MACE - the guy who kidnapped Simone in Stockholm) and Bond uses another gadget (explosive watch ?) to take out the helicopter. We dissolve through to later, at the ski resort/restaraunt and Bond meeting Simone.

We need to cast MACE - are we replacing JAWS with MACE ?

#144 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:18 AM

We need to cast MACE - are we replacing JAWS with MACE ?

View Post

Yeah. Well, sorta. He's like the Chang, the Mr Kil, the Scarpine of the piece. Just liked the name.

'Sup to yoos.

ACE

#145 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:21 AM

Yeah - we can have Mace instead of Jaws, just need to figure out what his dastardly trait is.

#146 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

whats ur email terminus

#147 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

MACE's real name is Mason Stroessner and was born in 1970 in Kigali, Rwanda as the result of a "one night love affair" between Pascal Stroessner, a visiting Paraguayan secret police officer and Ekowe Butare a prison wardress. Raised in various torture facilities around the country, Mason received no formal education so found out what he could through books.

While in prison, he developed a taste for all his food to be flavoured with mace, the husk of the nutmeg seed. In large quantities, the spice is actually a hallucinogenic and young Mason became addicted at an early age. Friendless, with no future prospects he became obsessive. Discovering a book on warriors of old, he first became fascinated with the mace as a weapon. After having one made up for him by a prison blacksmith, he practised relentlessly and soon graduated on to working with the prisoners perfecting his accuracy and effectiveness.

Enrolling in the torture police at 16, at 18 he was selected to attended the prestigious Academy del Persuacion in Villarica, Paraguay where visiting experts in torture from around the world (CRID, VEVAK, CIA, MI6, BOSS) exchanged views on how best to achieve results. A tearful reunion with his father ended brutally when it was discovered that good old Pascal was really a commie double agent. Mason was forced to kill his father with his mace as an example to other torturers. Mason's nose was then cut off because "he couldn't smell a rat."

Scarred both mentally and physically, it was even more surprising that Mason graduated top of his class. Helped by exercises where tear and stun gas was used, Mason had no need of a mask, so improved his time. Whilst at the Academy, he was invited to join the Freemasons who had a lodge there.

The Academy had a good vocational training programme and Mason or MACE as he now liked to be called, secured an internship at the Stasi, East Germany just before it fell. A good reference got him on the graduate training scheme at THRUSH but he then got poached for a six-figure salary, his own office and a pick of a Lexus, a Jaguar or a Humvee with SPECTRE. Thinking he'd made it big, MACE signed up but didn't like the boss who he never saw and was only ever "satisfied" with his work.

During this time, the precocious torturer took to painting in his spare time. By smashing a torture victim with his mace with a blank canvas nearby under the influence of a mace trip, the resultant "art" was deemed worthy by visiting members of a human rights commission and the ICA asked for a selection of canvasses. A tour and book were organized, wherein MACE started wearing a knight's breastplate and a gauntlet to go with the mace for promotional purposes only although he found he quite liked the costume and still wears it on missions. Whilst on this short tour in Chechnya, he was spotted by a mafiosi known as RISICO and was poached again. Given a large dacha with its own vinyard and nutmeg plantation (his nutmeg flavoured wine, "Vin de Mason" has won a few awards), and presented with a selection of handmade maces (in gold, tungsten, silver, obsidian and black) RISICO actually paid MACE less then SPECTRE but made up for it in job satisfaction.

Edited by ACE, 02 September 2005 - 12:05 PM.

#148 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:07 PM

Hell of a job. :)

#149 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:13 PM

Thanks.

I suppose that's Compliments of ComplimentsofSharkey!

#150 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

Quite so....and I won't harpoon you either.