164 replies to this topic

#61 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

Is your post any more on topic, though, Welshcat? Don't think so. What does it matter, really? I've never understood this obsession with staying on topic. We veered off the subject and talked about something else. If you want to discuss the topic, all you have to do is post about it and voila! Back on track.

It also seems a bit odd to wait until the post *after* I outline an idea of how to use one of the locations to moan about this.

Just post on topic and the subject returns. As in real life. I'm mystified as to why this upsets people so. Looks like ACE was right - the BP are on my trail!

#62 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:10 PM

1 Bond: ALEX O'LACHLAN

2 Bond Girl 1: Scarlett Johanssen as Simone Latrelle

Posted Image

3 Bond Girl 2: Rachel McAdams as Lena Martin

Posted Image

4 Henchman: Richard Kiel returning as "Jaws"

5 Villain: Gary Oldman as Giorgi

Posted Image

6 M: Michael Caine

Posted Image

7 Q: Jennifer Love Hewitt (Q'ute)

Posted Image

8 Monneypenny: Famke Jansen

9 Tanner:

10 Ally: Owen Wilson as Felix Leiter

Posted Image

LOCATIONS

11 Pre-Titles Location: New York City
12 Location 1: Stockholm, Sweden
13 Location 2:
14 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

16 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt:

Bond is in NYC to exchange a data chip from a contact

#63 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

I haven't a clue what some of these later posts have to do with this topic. Posts about Patrick Stewart, Thandie Newton, whether Timothy Dalton is close to Fleming's incarnation of Bond. What on earth is going on here?

View Post

You obviously didn't read the casting suggestion for the Bond girl in the PTS we created.

This is called a forum. Ideas and thoughts get disgussed. Not always neatly. The trick is to read the thread and contribute constructively.

ACE

#64 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Well, Thandie was being considered as a girl for the pre-titles sequence and the rest - well, that's Ace and spynovelfan.

#65 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

Well, Thandie was being considered as a girl for the pre-titles sequence and the rest - well, that's Ace and spynovelfan.

View Post

Sneak.

#66 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

Heh - actually, I was about to try and reign you guys back to the topic from the tangent you'd gone off at. Not that it wasn't interesting to read what you were saying - but, well, y'know, other threads for that stuff.

But I admit, the stuff the three of us came up with for the pre-titles is cool and have added the fleshed out information below.

I have also fleshed out the finale stunt too, a little, and given Giorgi a surname - Risico, from the unused Flemming title.

Posted Image

Posted Image

5 Villain: Gary Oldman as Giorgi Risico

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

9 Tanner:

Posted Image

LOCATIONS

11 Pre-Titles Location: New York City (see pretitles stunt for details)
12 Location 1: Stockholm, Sweden (am assuming that Bond goes here as a result of the data chip from the pretitles - and meets Lena here too)
13 Location 2:
14 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

We observe a woman and a tuxedo'd man at a ball, the tuxedo'd man gets given a data chip by a contact and gets referred to as JB by the woman, Solange. The audience makes assumptions about who these people are - and what is going on.

We follow these two as they go to an underground parking garage - and a figure grabs the tuxedo'd man, uses Solange to frisk him, barking harsh orders to her to hurry up : female hands caress the tuxedo, the bow-tie and a secret pocket containing the data chip, hidden within a palm pilot - a typical Bond scenario.

The figure then orders Solange to get in the car - and they take off. And the tuxedo'd man radios for help and steals a motorbike, breaking off in pursuit of the car - a stylish, sexy silver Mercedes Benz SLR.

The car chase through NYC ensues - a stylish chase like the one in The Bourne Supremacy. And at some point, Solange leans over to the driver, pulls off the crash helmet and introduces herself.

FIGURE: I know who your are. And what you are.
SOLANGE: And what is that, exactly?
FIGURE: Very good. At what you do, Ms Solange.
SOLANGE: Well, I'm good at what excites me, Mr...?

Just then some explosion/traffic/hair-raising moment prevents the figure from giving his name - but we quickly establish that she is a secret agent who has stolen the data chip from the tuxedo'd man, this was her escape route so as not to look suspicious.

Solange is MI6 - the car is from Q branch.

The car evades the clutch of the tuxedo'd man and his private security thugs and the big stunt, when it comes, sends the car plunging off the Brooklyn Bridge into the Hudson Strait - the car appears to be destroyed causing the tuxedo'd man to think that Solange and the mysterious figure are dead.

The tuxedo'd man flips open his cell phone.

TUXEDO'D MAN: Our assets were unfortunately lost - but our friends have been terminated. Yes, they've gone for a long swim -

We cut to the car sinking into the murky water - and then within as Solange leans over and presses a button on the dashboard, the car begins to convert into a submarine and, a second button pressed, reveals a chilled bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes in a hidden compartment in the dashboard.

Solange leans over to kiss the mysterious figure.

SOLANGE: Nice driving, Mr -
MYSTERIOUS FIGURE: Bond, James Bond.

We cut to the submarine/car pushing through the murky water and over, we hear:

SOLANGE: Oh, James -

And we smash cut to the credits sequence and an amazing song.

EXTRA CAST:

Clive Owen as John 'JB' Barlow

Posted Image

Nia Long as Solange

Posted Image

17 Major Stunt 1:
18 Major Stunt 2:
19 Finale Stunt:

At the private airstrip, Bond escapes from the clutches of, and deals with, Jaws before stealing a de-weaponed Harrier. Simone is being held hostage by Giorgi on his Boeing 7E7 which took off minutes before - and Bond quickly catches up. Giorgi jumps out of the 7E7 with one parachute - and Simone tied to him. Bond flips the Harrier upside down - and ejects to catch them both up. The Harrier collides with the 7E7 - as Bond starts to fight Giorgi in mid air, the parachute cords tangle and Simone falls, but Bond manages to kill Giorgi by strangling him with the parachute cords. Bond then cuts his cords, chases Simone, catches her and deploys the reserve chute - they land safely as a large explosion of the crashed 7E7 in the background.

STUFF

20 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets):

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

24 Director:

25 Music By: Craig Armstrong

26 Themetune Sung By:
26b Themetune Written By:

Edited by Qwerty, 27 August 2005 - 03:35 AM.

#67 JamaineTrevett

JamaineTrevett

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:30 AM

[Mods Note: Picture Removed. DO NOT spam the CBn Forums. It will not be tolerated.]

Edited by Qwerty, 28 August 2005 - 01:00 AM.

#68 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:38 AM

What the heck is that supposed to mean, dude ?

#69 Agent007.5

Agent007.5

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:42 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

5 Villain: Gary Oldman as Giorgi Risico

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

9 Tanner:

Posted Image

LOCATIONS

12 Location 1: Stockholm, Sweden (am assuming that Bond goes here as a result of the data chip from the pretitles - and meets Lena here too)
13 Location 2:
14 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

We observe a woman and a tuxedo'd man at a ball, the tuxedo'd man gets given a data chip by a contact and gets referred to as JB by the woman, Solange. The audience makes assumptions about who these people are - and what is going on.

We follow these two as they go to an underground parking garage - and a figure grabs the tuxedo'd man, uses Solange to frisk him, barking harsh orders to her to hurry up : female hands caress the tuxedo, the bow-tie and a secret pocket containing the data chip, hidden within a palm pilot - a typical Bond scenario.

The figure then orders Solange to get in the car - and they take off. And the tuxedo'd man radios for help and steals a motorbike, breaking off in pursuit of the car - a stylish, sexy silver Mercedes Benz SLR.

The car chase through NYC ensues - a stylish chase like the one in The Bourne Supremacy. And at some point, Solange leans over to the driver, pulls off the crash helmet and introduces herself.

Just then some explosion/traffic/hair-raising moment prevents the figure from giving his name - but we quickly establish that she is a secret agent who has stolen the data chip from the tuxedo'd man, this was her escape route so as not to look suspicious.

The car evades the clutch of the tuxedo'd man and his private security thugs and the big stunt, when it comes, sends the car plunging off the Brooklyn Bridge into the Hudson Strait - the car appears to be destroyed causing the tuxedo'd man to think that Solange and the mysterious figure are dead.

TUXEDO'D MAN: Our assets were unfortunately lost - but our friends have been terminated. Yes, they've gone for a long swim -

We cut to the car sinking into the murky water - and then within as Solange leans over and presses a button on the dashboard, the car begins to convert into a submarine and, a second button pressed, reveals a chilled bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes in a hidden compartment in the dashboard.

EXTRA CAST:

Posted Image

Nia Long as Solange

Posted Image

17 Major Stunt 1:
18 Major Stunt 2:
19 Finale Stunt:

At the private airstrip, Bond escapes from the clutches of, and deals with, Jaws before stealing a de-weaponed Harrier. Simone is being held hostage by Giorgi on his Boeing 7E7 which took off minutes before - and Bond quickly catches up. Giorgi jumps out of the 7E7 with one parachute - and Simone tied to him. Bond flips the Harrier upside down - and ejects to catch them both up. The Harrier collides with the 7E7 - as Bond starts to fight Giorgi in mid air, the parachute cords tangle and Simone falls, but Bond manages to kill Giorgi by strangling him with the parachute cords. Bond then cuts his cords, chases Simone, catches her and deploys the reserve chute - they land safely as a large explosion of the crashed 7E7 in the background.

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

24 Writer/ Director: Nick Meyer

Posted Image

26 Themetune Sung By:

Also, who's Craig Armstrong? I haven't heard any of his stuff, I think Michael Giacchino is the obvious choice to follow David Arnold. And another thing, Clive Owen is Bond, not John 'JB' Barlow.

#70 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:47 AM

Heh, Meyer did ST:VI and that was pretty cool - if he can put enough emotion and sheer coolness into this, that would make this a pretty cool movie.

You get another item to fill in if Meyer was your only choice btw !

And another thing - Clive Owen is John Barlow in this scenario since we have Alex O'Lachlan playing Bond.

If we do another round of this when we've completed this one, feel free to nominate Owen for Bond.

Edited by terminus, 27 August 2005 - 02:49 AM.

#71 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:37 AM

[Mods Note: Please do not post Eon copyrighted and other copyrighted pictures in the CBn Forums. They have been removed from the posts in this thread - do not re-post the ones that have been taken down. Thank you.]

#72 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:50 AM

Huh ? Why can't we post pictures of the people ? It's not like we were saying we owned the pictures of were charging people to look at them - so not sure what the problem is.

#73 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:28 AM

Nick Meyer - very interesting choice. Good when I think about it.

ACE

#74 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:55 AM

Am beginning to worry nobody else is going to answer this thread, Ace, do you think we should start going back and filling out gaps between me, you and spynovelfan ?

#75 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:03 AM

Good idea terminus. Occasionally, there is a thread idea that is just TOO good.
This is that idea. You are its author. I, your disciple! :)

Now, I'm sure we could fill in all the spaces ourselves. But let us not cherry pick (Got David Bowie for title song written by him and John Barry, but discipline, ACE, discipline!)

9 Tanner - Michael Kitchen

Over to you

ACE

#76 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:19 AM

13 - New Orleans (am not sure for what reason, but it could be cool if they filmed it right - and we've never really seen New Orleans except briefly in LALD ; plus, we can always have Simone Latrelle, who was supposed to be French in the novel, meet up with Bond here which means we need to dump Lena in Amsterdam - heh, that could be something to do with the first major stunt)

Let's wait for spynovelfan to lodge his next item - then reconvene tommorow. I suggest we need to come up with Giorgi's villainous plot as well, so let us all throw various concepts into the melting pot, am sure we'll all be able to meld out ideas together like we did for the pre-titles.

And if anyone else wanders in and wants to lend a hand, then the more hands the better.

I'm going to bed now - it's 3:18 am here in Canada, will return in the morning with my plot idea.

5 Villain: Gary Oldman as Giorgi Nemerov
9 Tanner: Michael Kitchen

LOCATIONS

13 Location 2: New Orleans, USA (suggest that Lena is dead by this point and Bond teams up with both Leiter and Simone in New Orleans)
14 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

EXTRA CAST:

Nia Long as Solange

17 Major Stunt 1: (for Amsterdam)
18 Major Stunt 2: (for New Orleans)
19 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

26 Themetune Sung By:

Edited by terminus, 27 August 2005 - 10:24 AM.

#77 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

13 - New Orleans (am not sure for what reason, but it could be cool if they filmed it right - and we've never really seen New Orleans except briefly in LALD ; plus, we can always have Simone Latrelle, who was supposed to be French in the novel, meet up with Bond here which means we need to dump Lena in Amsterdam - heh, that could be something to do with the first major stunt)

Let's wait for spynovelfan to lodge his next item - then reconvene tommorow. I suggest we need to come up with Giorgi's villainous plot as well, so let us all throw various concepts into the melting pot, am sure we'll all be able to meld out ideas together like we did for the pre-titles.

And if anyone else wanders in and wants to lend a hand, then the more hands the better.

I'm going to bed now - it's 3:18 am here in Canada, will return in the morning with my plot idea.

LOCATIONS

13 Location 2: New Orleans, USA (suggest that Lena is dead by this point and Bond teams up with both Leiter and Simone in New Orleans)
14 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

EXTRA CAST:

Nia Long as Solange

19 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

26 Themetune Sung By:

View Post

uhm if simone is tied to giorgi then how does she fall? leav that like it was

Edited by 007_Stef, 27 August 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#78 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

it was supposing that during the fight she gets cut loose of giorgi lets her loose in order to try and evade Bond, he assumes he would go after the girl

#79 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

k..i see

#80 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

Would you like to put another item towards the experiment, Stef ?

#81 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

perhaps, ill think of something

#82 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:30 AM

Giorgi Nemerev's PLot:

Im taking into account that hes probably russian or from a surrounding country.

jus gonna throw into some ideas...add or change if u wish

-Electronical Mogul(not sure abuot that one) From the Urals, raised in st.petersburg.

-after his family is arrested due to a money scandal within his company which they are feeding off of, Giorgi, currently in Brussels at the time, Flees to Amsterdam and to his company's office. Devises a plan to:..

k i need help here lol...add some more guys

#83 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:50 PM

hey guys can i do the poster for the Ultimate Bond 22???..
id love it..
and you guys can tell what to change or what to add

#84 Agent007.5

Agent007.5

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

Huh ? Why can't we post pictures of the people ? It's not like we were saying we owned the pictures of were charging people to look at them - so not sure what the problem is.

View Post

The only picture that I noticed that was missing was the picture of Richard Kiel as Jaws, probably because the picture was of him as Jaws in one of the previous Bond films, and Eon doesn't like it when you use pictures from the offical Bond films. If you can find a picture from an unoffical source (that isn't taken from a Bond film) then it'll be okay.

#85 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:06 PM

Sure, dude, you can do the picture.

The information we had on Giorgi was that he was a multi-billion dollar oil magnate who likely owned a football team, a few yachts and a few jets - and, of course, a private army. He's got ties to the Russian mafia and a few other criminal organisations - think of him as a cross between Richard Branson and the dude who owns that Chelsea Football club.

I think the motivation of Giorgi to gain vengeance for his parents seems to be a repeat of Trevelyn - and doesn't seem to fit the image of the character that I had alone.

But we can have Giorgi having an office in Brussels - perhaps the information on the chip Bond retrieves in the pre-titles is something that Giorgi wanted and, upon reviewing the decoded info, M decides its worth investigating further, thus sending Bond over to Amsterdam where Giorgi currently is.

But what was on the disk that Giorgi would want ? Details of a super weapon ?

#86 007_Stef

007_Stef

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

perhaps...
thanks for clearing everything up for me.!
i was behind on my reading

#87 Agent007.5

Agent007.5

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:31 AM

You get another item to fill in if Meyer was your only choice btw !

LOCATIONS

14 Location 3: Sydney, Australia (I don't know why)

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villains Plot:

EXTRA CAST:

Nia Long as Solange

19 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

26 Themetune Sung By:

View Post

Edited by Agent007.5, 28 August 2005 - 12:33 AM.

#88 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:59 AM

View Post

You can post pictures, I never said that. I'm saying you cannot post pictures that are Eon-copyrighted and such - for example the Famke Janssen one, in the forums. The pictures I have let remain in your posts in this thread are fine.

#89 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:21 AM

Do you mind if I write the villains Plot? Read below for my idea.

Backstory:
Giorgi (is it Nemerov or Risico?) is a mulit-billion dollar oil magnate, who invests in his hobbies, owning football teams, yachts, planes and cars. He has a large monopoly on the Oil Supplies of the world, however his shipments are often attacked and destroyed by both rival companies and crime groups. Using money to his advantage he employs a private army to defend his oil shipments and this is a controversial decision world wide. His brother, who was a ringleader in the Russian Mafia was found strapped to a chair with a bullet lodged into his head (he was obviously dead).

Film Starts:
In his quest for his Brother's murderer, Giorgi uncovers information about a data chip. This data chip details all of the mission undertaken by CIA operatives in the last 12 months and the present locations of these agents. Seeing an opportunity to uncover his brothers murderer he attempts to seize this data chip but fails.

In Stockholm, Sweden. Giorgi receives another opportunity to capture the data chip, he succeeds and in the process Lena Martin killed by one of his henchmen. Once discovering that the only CIA Operative in Russia at the time was Simone Latrelle, he tracks her to New Orleans.

Once he kidnaps Miss Latrelle he intends to take her to the Nemerov/Risico Corporations headquartes in Sydney, Australia. Where he will hold her hostage, demanding that the Americans withdraw all agents from Russia. He does not intend to let her go however and wants to brutally murder her (perhaps seeing Jaws cut her to pieces while she is still alive) anyway this attempt at murder is interupted by the arrival of James Bond. Jaws is instructed to distract Bond while Giorgi escapes with Latrelle.

After defeating Jaws, Bond chases Giorgi to the top of the building, where there is a make shift Runnway and two planes. One is a Private Jet, which Giorgi escapes in and the other is a de-weaponed Harrier. The Private Jet takes off and Bond takes the Harrier and pursues. In a desperate attempt to escape Giorgi jumps from the plane with Latrelle tied to him. Bond catches up and strangles Giorgi.

#90 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:25 AM

Good stuff Robert Watts (named after the producer perhaps?)

Do mind if we Anglicize the story a bit? Bond is British and we should find a away for SIS to become involved. Unless you want Bond to work for the CIA now he is played by Goran Fishin' Trip! :)

ACE