This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Favorite Sean Connery James Bond Film

587 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Sean Connery James Bond Film (676 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Sean Connery James Bond Film

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#571 0072

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

Nothing wrong with being late to the party, is there?

Anyway... From Russia With Love has my vote.

#572 Mendalla007

Mendalla007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:36 AM

From Russia With Love is my fave Connery and my fave Bond movie period (well, with the proviso that I haven't seen any Craig). I like his first four quite unreservedly (yes, I'm a Connery fan) and YOLT with some reservations. DAF is his only really bad one IMHO. NSNA is fun but there's a bit too much borderline parody in it.

#573 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

If anybody has a soft spot for 'Dr. No', check out 'In Praise of No', at the JBIFC site: www.007info

#574 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

I voted for Goldfinger as it's the film that got me seriously hooked on Bond when it was first shown on ITV in the mid-late 70s. It has all the classic Bond elements, before some of them became (at various points) stale/overused/token or self parody.

I can watch any Connery film, but would probably not choose Dr No or Never Say Never Again as my "go-to's",as I find them both a little dull, if I'm being honest.

#575 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

It's a toss up between From Russia With Love and Thunderball for me. From Russia With Love is the elevated version of Doctor No, while still retaining the grounded feeling and plotline. Thunderball on the other hand is the bigger scale extravaganza. I enjoy both films for those contrasts. They're both great for what they seek to achieve.

#576 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Following on from their 'In Praise of No' piece, the JBIFC also have 3 more in their 'In Praise of' series: entries on 'From Russia', 'Goldfinger', and now 'Thunderball'. Nice reads for Connery fans. Head over to: www.007info

#577 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Following on from their other 'In Praise of' pieces on the Connery 007 films, the JBIFC now have an item 'In Praise of Live Twice: Bond, Blofeld and Beyond', which might be of interest to 'You Only Live Twice' fans. Head over to: www.007info

#578 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

For any fans of Diamonds Are Forever, there is an interesting piece from the JBIFC on the original ending to the film that was never used. Check it out at: www.007info

#579 hoagy

hoagy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

At www.007info ?  Would you please check the accuracy of the web address you provided ?

#580 SAWfinger

SAWfinger

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Just checked, as you requested, and it is accurate. The site is the website of the JBIFC which, despite a former president's recent claim on his Facebook site, is very much alive and active, with extensive material available online. Check it out.

#581 AngusMcLean

AngusMcLean

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

It's gotta be From Russia With Love, hands down. Classy, classic spy movie and a period piece. Pretty true to the book and well played by Mr Connery. He seemed to be comfortable in the role but not complacent.

#582 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

Just checked, as you requested, and it is accurate. The site is the website of the JBIFC which, despite a former president's recent claim on his Facebook site, is very much alive and active, with extensive material available online. Check it out.

Link is no good.

#583 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

Aintitcool not only posted a great John Barry photo recently but also this rare behind-the-scenes photo from FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - check this out: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76839

#584 MISALA1994

MISALA1994

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

GF.

#585 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

From Russia with Love is my favourite of the lot, along with FYEO.

I love it's plot, characters, mood, and the last 30 minutes of action. It slowly builds, which is another thing I like about it.

It also has the best villain - Blofeld as just a voice and cat-stroking hands.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

#586 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

I voted for Thunderball. It's not necessarily the best, but it's the first Bond I ever saw--in its original release, no less--and it's the one I imprinted on as what a Bond films should be. And the size, spectacle, locations, and Connery's performance all wow me.

#587 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

I voted for Thunderball. It's not necessarily the best, but it's the first Bond I ever saw--in its original release, no less--and it's the one I imprinted on as what a Bond films should be. And the size, spectacle, locations, and Connery's performance all wow me.

Thunderball is a cool 60s movie. That's the best way I can describe it. It has bucket loads of style and charm. It's my current Bond obsession. 

#588 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

The great pop culture writer John Kenneth Muir has blogged about GOLDFINGER - well worth reading IMO:

http://reflectionson...ons on Film/TV)