This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

667 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film (728 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Jim
Silent majority?

Not silent enough...

That's the thing about a F O R U M, you see...

#62 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Kristian

That's the thing about a F O R U M, you see...

Quite. Good point.

#63 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:09 PM

Hey, all you TWINE and DAD lovers (myself included), take a look at GE closing in fast. I wouldn't pop your champagne corks just yet. :)

#64 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 02:41 PM

Originally posted by zencat
Hey, all you TWINE and DAD lovers (myself included), take a look at GE closing in fast. I wouldn't pop your champagne corks just yet. :)

Since for so "TWINE" is a poor Bond movie (Christmas Jones ,etc) . Does any one have a theory as to why it has been in the lead during this poll.

#65 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:23 PM

perhaps because some regard it as more realistic than DAD, less "actiony" than TND and has a score (unlike GE) to match a james bond movie.

the sample size, mind u, is 57 and not indicative of the masses...

#66 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 02:06 PM

Originally posted by ray t
perhaps because some regard it as more realistic than DAD, less "actiony" than TND and has a score (unlike GE) to match a james bond movie.
the sample size, mind u, is 57 and not indicative of the masses...

Well thinks for the reasons . In so far as the poll . I am sure it jut a small sample of the membership of the site .

#67 symbolic

symbolic

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:52 PM

I voted for TWINE. I think it has all the right elements. Interesting villians, alluring women(Elektra being my favorite out of all the films), a good emotional quality, a great score, great action sequences, and I really like the TSPWLM/Moonraker type ending.

TND is quite good too. Goldeneye is a bit better then TND, IMO, but I think TWINE just brings more to the table. DAD is the worst Bond film by far if you ask me. It has a promising start, then just kinda gets silly.

I'm basing my opinion on how much I enjoyed the movies, I'm not really looking at realism or anything.

#68 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 01:33 PM

What's the "TSWLM" /"Moonraker ending of "TWINE" . Not the corny "Christmas comes once a year" joke.

#69 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:34 PM

TWINE's the best Brosnan Bond by a mile, with TND second and Goldeneye close behind.

The best thing you can say about DAD..is at least it isn't LTK :)

#70 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:37 PM

Originally posted by Dr Noah
TWINE's the best Brosnan Bond by a mile, with TND second and Goldeneye close behind...

Hmmm... this poll sure says differently. :)

#71 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:40 PM

"Hmmm... this poll sure says differently"

Possibly because I can never vote in these bloomin' things :)

#72 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 05:37 AM

I voted for Goldeneye. Great song, good action, beautiful women :), good plot and the tank scene. Goldeneye is probably #2 or #3 on my all time James Bond list.

#73 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 07:27 PM

I voted for GE.

I really don't get all of this 'TWINE is a great movie with deep emotion and a great plot' nonsence. It could have been great, but I think it tanked. The plot is simply severely underdeveloped, there is no sence of danger at all to me in the movie, there is no sence of danger against Elektra, there is no real threat from Renard (esspecially directed at Elektra.

TWINE flows like a video game: One disconnected level after another. I think they simply ran outta time in writing and tried to make it interesting with action set pieces that really have nothing to do with the underdeveloped plot. Plus, the emotion stuff is garbage. Hammy, Day of our Lives-style acting does not equal deep emotion. Plus, a few major parts were terribly miscast (I'll try to keep Christmas outta this, because she's [justly] maligned way too much).

#74 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 07:39 PM

I'll rant about TND and DAD as well. :)

TND works for me. It's a dumb action movie, but atleast it holds together (more than I can say for TWINE). It's really great fun, with cool action stunts, and a story that makes sence. Like I said, it's mostly dumb action, but, for what it is, it works. Plus, I like enjoy Brosnan much more in this than I do in TWINE. To me personally, there is more genuine emotional impact between Bond and Paris in the hotel room than there is in all of TWINE. I'm saying this with the opinion that Hatcher may have been miscast.

DAD was also great fun. I've never really truely bought Brosnan as James Bond until I saw DAD. The movie also feels more apart of the old series than TND and TWINE. It feels like it has the sence of progression with the times that the old ones had up until LTK. Brosnan's always felt like a totally different series of movies from the old 16 films, DAD fixes this to me. Plus, I liked the cast a great deal. Halle Berry was okay, but Graves, Frost, Zao, Falco, and the rest are top notch IMO. With DAD, it feels to me that James Bond HAS returned.

#75 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:55 PM

If only I could vote again, then DAD would have the lead :)

#76 superracer0022

superracer0022

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 12:06 AM

oops i just gave dad a lead over goldeneye. i like them both but dad just seemed better

#77 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:06 AM

I enjoyed DAD more. It's pure escapism, but it's the most consistantly fun Brosnan one. GE always bothered in the last 30 minutes. Anyone else feel that way about GE? Bond vs. Trevelyan was great, but the stuff in the control room was ehhh.

#78 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:05 PM

Im not a TND lover but the China-UK war, the media power, all great. And when the Tv said Bond is dead when he is living. LOVE IT...

#79 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:40 AM

Like I said, the plot holds up. And it's done a certain class at times that I enjoy.

#80 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:17 PM

And DAD takes the lead again! HAHAHAHA

#81 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:38 PM

Go DAD, you got this one!!!

#82 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 06:19 PM

1 percentage point mean that it's just too clos to call . TWINE is a better film than DAD . Both are still superior Bonds when compared too films like XXX .

#83 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:44 PM

This is very interesting. TWINE, DAD, and GE are all even (or within 1 percentage point). Does this mean the Brosnan films are equally satisfying to fans, or does it mean he's yet to make his stand out Bond?

All this poll really proves is that TND is the least popular Brosnan Bond.

#84 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 02:47 PM

Originally posted by zencat
This is very interesting. TWINE, DAD, and GE are all even (or within 1 percentage point). Does this mean the Brosnan films are equally satisfying to fans, or does it mean he's yet to make his stand out Bond?
All this poll really proves is that TND is the least popular Brosnan Bond.

The consensus is split on the kind of Bond film Brosnan has make so far. While "TND" may prove to be "the least" popular . He (Brosnan ) has still to make the Defintive Bond . That characterizes the Connery and Moore years . People point to FRWL or GF for Connery , while for Moore it's TSWLM or FYEO . Brosnan after 4 film has not had that kind of sucsess .

#85 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:55 PM

I belive the film that characterizes his Bond is TWINE.

#86 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:38 PM

THe world is not enough crossed with the last hour of die another day would be great combo (sorry, i know everyone bitches and whines about it, but that last hour is what made that movie gross as much as it did), and you'd have a totally solid movie. Maybe the definitive movie for Pierce B.?

#87 M.

M.

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:16 PM

I voted Goldeneye.
Why ? Well, it has the best Brosnan movie finale with the battle between the two double-o's. Sean Bean was a terrific villain. And it was the bondmovie where Brosnan saved James Bond after the long pause after License to kill. Also, the tank chase is really unforgettable.

I liked tomorrow never dies very much until they are in the stealth boat, i did not like (and still not like) the finale with lots of gunfire. It just wasn't bond-like enough, the last twenty minutes looked like they were running out of ideas. It's a shame, because the movie was very good until that point, with the "backseat driver" scene in the garage being my favorite carchase scene in a Bond movie.

The world is not enough was very good but also here the ending was not really satisfying. It did also not have any stunt that I remember as "woooow". Brosnan did have very good oneliners in this movie.

I've seen DAD and i thought it was the Best bond movie since goldeneye. In this vote, i do not dare to vote for DAD yet because i would like to see it again before i can give a final judgment whether or not it is better then goldeneye.

#88 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 05:09 PM

While I voted for DAD (I'm still under the spell of the latest Bond), I do think my favorite Pierce is GE. For me, GE has the Bondian wit and sophistication that all the other Brosnan Bond's lack. And while GE is chuck full of action, it doesn't exhaust me the way the others do. And there's that Xenia...

So, when the dust settles, I still say Pierce's best Bond is GE

#89 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 07:46 PM

Enjoyed DAD also . perhaps i am not as much under it's spell as you . Love "TWINE" more for the very reason you have given . Great Bondian wit , sophistcation , location , Plot ( yes Renand was a little weak ) . TND has gotten a bad rap . Why ? It's Brosnan's "DAF" . A live -action cartoon that's funny for the whole family . Truthfully for me "TND" is a late night treat . Great with pop-corn and beer , when nobody is home but me.

#90 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:48 PM

Originally posted by DanMan
I belive the film that characterizes his Bond is TWINE.

Not to far off the mark IMO. I think though that DAD is the Brosnan Bond. Why? Brosnan had become the perfect amalgam of the various elements presented by the previous actors. Die Another Day proves that theory, then takes that hybridization a step further as not only the performance is an amalgam, but the film itself has become one. Die Another Day is two films melded together. The first half was very character and plot centered. The second half of the film is designed for people who came from the movies and for their new audience, those raised on action and spectacle. Brosnan shows this both in characterization and now in film.