This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

667 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film (728 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Xenobia
Zencat, would you mind adding Evelyn to the list.  I think those of us who have seen it (and yes you ****ers at MGM, we did manage to see it, despite your best efforts), would like to vote for it.
-- Xenobia

I thought this thread was on his best Bond film , then if not add Mrs.Doubtfire to the list. Plus some of his other direct to video flicks. Any one seen Mister Johnson ? Evelyn was really very moving. another one of his Bond like peformances in a non-Bond film.

#32 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:43 PM

Sorry, Xen. I have to agree with kevrichardson on this one (may I never say that in a Benson thread :)). I only included Thomas Crown because, in a way, his performance is very Bond-like and for some it delivers more Bondian style and wit than any of his actual Bond films.

You should start a poll on PB's best non-Bond film (just make sure you include The Lawnmower Man). :)

#33 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:11 PM

Evelyn is a good film ,i thought that this thread was for Brosnan Bond films. If you are adding non-Bond then try "Mrs.Doubtfire. Or some of his direct to video films like "GreyOwl".

#34 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:06 AM

Originally posted by Sir James
Die Another Day. But the awe of TWINE makes it a tough call

Yes, I agree; it is awe full isn't it?

#35 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 12:23 PM

Originally posted by Jim

Jim you are by far the most creative poster I have ever met on any forum. If only you liked Brosnan....

I will be sure to PM you a copy of our manifesto when finshed :)

Die Another Day is a hybrid Bond film. It makes it Brosnan's best because he himself is a hybrid Bond. The right mix of all the past elements, in one film, and one Bond, what could be better?

#36 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:41 PM

It doesnt get any better than that James. Die Another Day is the ultimate Bond film, (IMO).

#37 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:52 AM

Originally posted by Sir James

Die Another Day is a hybrid Bond film. It makes it Brosnan's best because he himself is a hybrid Bond. The right mix of all the past elements, in one film, and one Bond, what could be better?

This what we all hope for in Bond 21. In so far as Brosnan as the "Hybrid Bond" well that 's correct. He clearly has studied all the films of the men who played Bond . He is also the last Bond chosen by Albert R.Broccoli. so he might have had some direction as to which way the role need to go . Remember then only Broccoli and Connery were the last living links to Fleming . and how the role should be approached.

#38 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:08 PM

I am so impressed with the performance of both DAD and TWINE in this poll. It appears that the silent majority has once again prevailed.

And sadly, Xen. Evleyn has yet to appear at my local theaters, which I openly, yet tactfully complained to them about. But I am getting on the first waiting list I can find to buy it.

#39 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:53 PM

Off Topic (apologies)
Zencat - I'd like to start a poll, but I can't seem to do it. I've followed the instuctions on the Help Desk page, but the option to start a poll doesn't appear anywhere on the New Thread page. Any ideas, or do you need to be a Staff Member?

On Topic
I voted for Tomorrow Never Dies. With the exception of the last half hour or so I think the mix of action, character and dialogue is spot on ... even the last half hour isn't as bad as some people make out.

#40 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:02 AM

Originally posted by Double-0 Six

I voted for [i]Tomorrow Never Dies
. With the exception of the last half hour or so I think the mix of action, character and dialogue is spot on ... even the last half hour isn't as bad as some people make out.

There is no need for a poll . I enjoyed TND , Brosnan second effort was good entertainment.

#41 MovieManOO7

MovieManOO7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:52 PM

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

#42 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Double-0 Six
Off Topic (apologies)
Zencat - I'd like to start a poll, but I can't seem to do it. I've followed the instuctions on the Help Desk page, but the option to start a poll doesn't appear anywhere on the New Thread page. Any ideas, or do you need to be a Staff Member?

I think this is an option only available to staff members. Sorry, Double-O Six.

#43 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:05 PM

Originally posted by zencat
I think this is an option only available to staff members. Sorry, Double-O Six.

That's understandable. Thanks anyway, Zencat.

It was going to be an opposite to your polls (Worst Bond Films), if you want to use the idea yourself. :)

#44 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

I'm not really a fan of determining the "worst" of something, especially when it comes to Bond. Too negative. And I think MI6 has this exact poll running over on their forums. For me, there

#45 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:36 AM

Just for the record...my confusion about what this thread was going to discuss comes from the fact this is called "Brosnan's Best Film." I gotta learn to read the fine print. :)

-- Xenobia

#46 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
Just for the record...my confusion about what this thread was going to discuss comes from the fact this is called "Brosnan's Best Film."  I gotta learn to read the fine print.  :)

Situation corrected. :)

#47 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Jim

Agreed, 100 percent.

#48 Contessa

Contessa

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 07:59 PM

"The Tailor of Panama". No, it's not a Bond film. But Brosnan was closest to Bond in it.

#49 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Contessa
"The Tailor of Panama".  No, it's not a Bond film.  But Brosnan was closest to Bond in it.

That what many people have said about his performance in not only that film. But the "The Thomas Crown affair" also. It leads one to think that the problem is related to script and directors. agree ?

#50 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 07:43 AM

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, just by a hair ahead of DIE ANOTHER DAY

#51 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Kristian
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH, just by a hair ahead of DIE ANOTHER DAY

Of the Brosnan Bond films "TWINE" is jusrt underrated , god only know why people favor "GoldenEye" over the others . Yes it revived the franchise , modernized Bond . Still "TWINE" his more character depth for Bond. "TND" is a Bond film that ask the question "what if John Woo was too diect a Bond " and we get the answer. Great entertainment. DAD was also good fun.

#52 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 10:52 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
Of the Brosnan Bond films "TWINE" is jusrt underrated , god only know why people favor "GoldenEye" over the others . Yes it revived the franchise , modernized Bond .  Still "TWINE" his more character depth for Bond.  "TND" is a Bond film that ask the question "what if John Woo was too diect a Bond " and we get the answer. Great entertainment.  DAD was also good fun.

Actually, Kev, funny you should mention TWINE being underrated because the perfect example is another thread on the PB forums called UNDERRATED AND UNDERAPPRECIATED started by SIR JAMES. Holy ****! Reading the thread you wonder how TWINE can be neck and neck with DAD in this poll if it's so "awful." I think poor SIR JAMES's starting post and responses are, like, the only ones that are positive in it. So I posted my own to support him. To me TWINE was great. I think the numbers on these polls speak for themselves.

Read the thread if you haven't. You'll also see certain posters change their opinion on TWINE (from good in the past to bad in the present) just because a certain someone doesn't care for it. Of course, that's just my theory, but I've already observed that certain posters seem to have a cult-like hold over others around here.

Or maybe I was just born a crack baby:p

#53 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 11:58 PM

Again, that's why I love these polls. Everyone

#54 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 05:30 PM

Well like I said General, the SILENT MAJORITY, almost ALWAYS prevails!

#55 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 02:17 PM

GoldenEye all the way. I am a fan of Tomorrow Never Dies, but its not my favourite, TWINE was probably Pierce's best acting performance, and I don't even see how DAD can be called ''good'', so its GE for me:)

#56 sausagebrigade

sausagebrigade

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 02:31 PM

I voted 'He has yet to make one', but I thought DAD was good fun. Average, but still enjoyable.

#57 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:11 AM

TWINE is in the lead.

#58 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:29 AM

Its amazing how two films which have been so bashed can be neck and neck with eachother for first. Like Sir James said, the silent majority has prevailed! Long live Brosnan!

#59 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:29 AM

Silent majority?

Not silent enough...

#60 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:32 PM

"TWINE" is a classic Bond film. I feel that it was the "perfect" Bond film to take 007 into the 21st century. I loved DAD , it was Brosnan's "Moonraker" and "TSWLM" combined . Just like TND was "YOLT" and "OHMSS" . If Bond 21 is not something special . "TWINE" may will be Brosnan's "FRWL" .